Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?

Jul 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

WASHINGTON , July 8, 2013 - Last week's Rasmussen poll revealed some surprising and disturbing information about the way Americans think about race in America.

Comments
8,921 - 8,940 of 9,862 Comments Last updated 20 hrs ago
Sad Enlightenment

Beverly, MA

#10395 May 8, 2014
Sometimes I wish I had never scrolled down to see the comments that people write about news articles. Until I did that, I was ignorantly walking around thinking that racism was gone with the exception of a handful of ignorant folks. But then I started reading the news on the web more and noticed that the United States and Canada seem to have an ugly underbelly of racists who feel incredibly comfortable spouting horrible things anonymously that they will never say to anyone publicly. So now I am enlightened to the sad fact that racism is prevelant and has not disappeared, just gone underground where I fear does a lot of damage subversively.

How can that be erased?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#10398 May 8, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment reminds me of when I joke about my neighborhood.
I am an avid police scanner monitor. I do it for entertainment and I also listen in the event a situation goes on near my neighborhood and I could possibly help the police.
When the area was white, and police would call in the name of the suspect, they would pronounce the first name and spell the last for the dispatcher. Kind of like "Ken Rizzell. Ken, common spelling, last name Rizzell, R-I-Z-Z-E-L-L."
After blacks moved in, they had to spell the first name and pronounce the last, kind of like "Twashina Johnson. T-W-A-S-H-I-N-A, last name Johnson, common spelling."
This is one of the many cultural differences. Blacks don't have American names. Blacks throw out some scrabble pieces and create unamerican names. I don't want to live with Shebba. I want to live with Dianne, Sherry, Debby, Sue.
Bottom line is this: Black people are not like white people with different color skin. That's an old urban legend. Blacks are entirely different people, and you can't expect two entirely different type of people to live together peacefully no more than you can expect the lion to live with the Hyena. It will never happen.
Whites live in peace with many other races because those races adopted the American culture. They change their given names to American names, they conduct themselves like Americans, they hold neighborhood and American values. That's why whites can live in peace with Arabs, Asians, Hispanics and not blacks. Blacks refuse to change. Blacks don't want to get out of the ghetto, they want to move and bring the ghetto with them. That's our objection.
Final line: Black people and white people are different....they are suppose to be different.

Regarding black people’s name, I do not see how you have any input. Just learn to spell the names just as it has been done with others who choose to bare names from their original heritage. If some African-Americans struggle with some issues, it is expected to some degree.
Thank God we humans are not part of the animal kingdom, we are above them. It is up to you to reason properly based on factual and not falsified, manipulated and biased information. It is your own responsibility.

You are truly deceived if you think whites live in peace with many other races overall. You white people pick and choose base on your own stupid ideas and fake principals. As well as American culture, many of the ethnic groups you mentioned keep to their own culture and have their own communities. The American culture is really based on white people keeping everything good for white people while everyone else gets little to nothing. There is resistance from other ethnic groups but each deal with the issue differently.

The change that many of you racist’s whites want from black people is for us to act inferior to you and that is our objection. African-Americans are not inferior to anybody. What black person in their right mind is going to agree to you racist white people trying to keep them in a box? It is not possible. Though, there is a good and bad way to deal with these race issues racists white people keep creating. The things you racist whites try to put over on blacks, you don’t always try with other ethnic groups.

Though, all of the groups you mentioned have received some type of discrimination at the hands of racists white in one way or another.

Location hidden

#10399 May 8, 2014
whinersrus wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you majored in African American studies .
Picking a field of cotton does not constitute building America The years of free labor( slavery) has cost the taxpayers trillions of dollars in free everything from the moment the shackles were removed
You probably were not alive before civil rights so you have not experienced the segregation some blacks did in the southern states. Northern blacks did not have to endure this which is why I think they are so violent today.
Before integration and the civil rights act ;Blacks were not violent , drugs were not rampant, crime was not an issue We have all of theses issues since 1964 .
Johnsons Great society produced the democratic plantation on which most blacks live The blacks that have made it off the plantation want nothing to do with the ghetto blacks why is that?
I gather you are a Nigerian , How can you comment on AA.s if you are originally from an African county
I did not major in African-American studies and I can comment on African-Americans because I am a living African-American. My African heritage in Nigerian. Thank God for blessing me to travel out of the USA and see that everybody does not think like the racist in America who operate from rotting hearts.

Again, I do not deny that African-Americans have more work to do regarding internal issues but it does not excuse prejudice, discrimination and racism. It is these three that have contributed to many of the social issues that many whites complain of. Stop unleashing bad onto other people and their lives and bad will stop returning.

Ok...you know there is a difference between blacks in the ghetto and those blacks not in the ghetto, so why do your comments reflect an undue hatred for all African-Americans?

We all have to stop ourselves from being eaten up with hate. I have had things happen to me, as many other have but I cannot hate a whole group of people because someone from that group has hurt me. Lies and manipulations should be rejected and a clear perspective should be maintained.
Donny Brook

Bastrop, TX

#10400 May 8, 2014
MDJ2011 wrote:
Now we are considered the modern day racist? This is ridiculous!
Blacks are the most racist people in the United States. You know it and so do we. Eric "My People" Holder is a racist and so is Barack Odonothing. Not only are you the most racist, you are also the most bigoted of all: You hate the Jewish, you hate Asians, and you turn on your own people who happen to be conservative in their thinking. Clarence Thomas, Dr. Ben Carson, Condie Rice, Herman Cain (Colin Powell BEFORE he supported Odonothing). Each and every Black conservative is attacked and called names from Uncle Tom, to Oreos, to NOT BLACK ENOUGH. Yet each of the people I mentioned are authentic Blacks, two born and raised in the Jim Crow south during the fifties and sixties and you bigots dare say they are not Black enough? You deride Thomas because he married white, yet you give hummers to a half Black president who has done ZERO for the Black Community while the ones I named and many others like Allen West and Tim Scott have given time and money and have attempted to give real HOPE to the Black Community. No, Odonothing who was raised wealthy and privileged white and never spent one day in a public school or lived in the inner city is authentic Black to you dolts. He has given you nothing but lip service and has turned his back on you. Look at who his friends are: 90% of them are WHITE elitists from Academia. There is your Oreo, but he can imitate a Black preacher and speak in dialect so you eat it up. Blacks are the most racist and the most bigoted in the US, so if it is so bad, move back to your original country, be it Kenya, Nigeria, or some other sh.. hole and see how you like it. Or you can move to Liberia and join up with descendants of former slaves. Do something besides cry and hate.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#10401 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The escape from poverty is not a black thing.
Many people including white people choose to do wicked things to people because they wish to escape poverty.
Affirmative actions was put into place because of what white ancestors who oppressed African-Americans did and what many whites continued to do through institutional and economical slavery. If many of you racists white would just get over yourselves and deal with people fairly, there would not have been a need to implement such action. Let me go further to say, if many of the whites had done right and compensated African-Americans after physical slavery was abolished, then there would not have been a need to implement such an action.
All I can say is that what good you do to others will bring back good. What bad you do to others will bring back bad. It is a spiritual law and why we are advised to treat others as we would like to be treated. Did you take this advice?
Well, you're sure barking up the wrong tree. I have no sympathy and no remorse for descendants of slaves who wouldn't-go-back-home-once-fre ed. You know why?
My first ancestor to America came as a white slave in 1675. Not an indentured servant but, an Irish slave. I'm not asking for reparations or special treatment or advantages so, why should you? Whatever I didn't accomplished, I adapted and learned to need less. Why didn't you?

I never asked for any freebies. Did you?
I was never offered any assistance ... were you?

You have nothing on me.

Level 1

Location hidden

#10402 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear that. I cannot say that some whites are not victims of hate crimes but many more blacks are victims of this hate crime that originates from racists white. Hate crimes are wrong no matter who commits them.
I cannot deny that we blacks have got some work to do for themselves but that does not negate the injustices that many pass through because of the color of their skin. When a white person discriminate against an innocent black person, it is wrong. When a black person discriminates against an innocent white person, it is wrong. PROBLEM: in a racist's mind, the white person has every right to wrong the black person and they do NOT. This attitude, this stance, etc. is what is breeding the anger that is now burning in the hearts of some African-Americans.
I can compare it to whites and do. Whites do not have any motive, reason, etc. to commit crimes. Some of these reasons are not valid and innocent people and their lives are shattered.
All the hate and the violence is out of control.
Most black people and a lot of white people, don't understand the reason for racism against blacks. It is not because you are black. It is because we are white and you are not.

We want to be amongst our own kind. If we don't hire you, it's because we prefer to work amongst our own kind. If we object to blacks moving into our neighborhood, it's because it is a white neighborhood and your presence will destroy it. We don't object to blacks, just want to be separate. Why is that a problem?

Level 1

Location hidden

#10403 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether they are African, Mexican, etc. as long as they are legally in the US, you white people have no say you just have to learn to deal with people better (those who do not).
America is now African-American's home too. You're ancestor's made it like this and you white people just have to get use to that fact. You white people do not have any say in where African-Americans go again. White people's likes and dislikes are discounted when it comes to a person's heritage. I am African-American and my heritage is African. Africans who are not stuck on what you white people have, say or think do embrace African-Americans as brothers and sisters. In fact, many African-Americans do go back to Africa and are welcomed back home very well. The choice is up to that individual African-American and no other person.
African-Americans want themselves and what is best ....this is more important than what anyone else thinks, feels or says.
My ancestors brought no slaves here. White Americans DO have a say, in the country our white ancestors created. Once your racist black Prez is gone, you racist blacks will have no power.
Our white presidents considered blacks, in all decisions. Too bad that blacks couldn't think of other races, when they got a taste of power. You failed miserably, through Obama. You will never get another chance at it.
If you can't stand white America, leave. It's never too late to go home. Hitch a ride with that African guy.

Level 1

Location hidden

#10404 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
African-Americans are not lazy because foul mouth people like yourself say so. There so lazy that they helped build up America. If they were so lazy they would not have accomplished all that they have to the height that they have and will continue to do so. Just as there are many African-Americans brainwashed against Africans, there are also many Africans who are brainwashed against African-Americans. Africans have their own issues to face back home which is why many chose to travel abroad. So do many others who also migrate to America. Rest assured the truth will make it to the surface and all this negative white fed and generated non-sense will be dealt with.
Many African-Americans already do live in African countries. I will also let you know that many white people are living in African countries, as well as other ethnic groups. Stop deceiving yourself.
"African-Americans are not lazy because foul mouth people like yourself say so. There so lazy that they helped build up America."

Blacks helped build America because they were forced to, following the building codes of the white man. They couldn't have built it, without the white man.
Example: Africa.

Level 1

Location hidden

#10405 May 8, 2014
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! News talk radio is just as bad. My mistake for neglecting to include that in my original post. In any event, following is the link to the text of Holder's remarks delivered on 1/8/14:
http://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/ag/speeches/20...
Like I said previously, he said nothing of the kind.
Within the link you quoted;

"Even Attorney General Eric Holder has thrown his support behind the racist legislation, stating that the situation as it stands is ‘unacceptable’.

“we’ve often seen that students of color, students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and students with special needs are disproportionately likely to be suspended or expelled.”[...]“This is, quite simply, unacceptable.… These unnecessary and destructive policies must be changed,”

He wants all students to be equally punished for the crimes of black kids.

For the record, those destructive policies he is referring to are the ones that punish students based on their behavior alone. Clearly, according to Mr. Holder, the color of one’s skin determines how often you will commit crimes."

Level 1

Location hidden

#10406 May 8, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. If we could somehow ship all blacks out of the US, nobody would miss them. Sports might be a little more boring, but that's about it.
I had a conversation like this in my local Topix board a few years ago with a black resident. I told him if it were possible that we were allowed to keep all blacks out of our city, the city would benefit greatly. That would mean no blacks living here, no blacks working here, no blacks shopping here, no blacks walking down the street or even driving through the city, no blacks period.
If we were allowed to do that, our property values would double in less than a month. Our schools would eventually be rated the safest and have the highest achievement in the county. We could reduce our emergency forces by half, and businesses would be banging down the door to open up shop here. We could also reduce our city tax greatly.
But that's not reality unfortunately. The reality is blacks greatly reduced our property values, they turned our schools into zoos, businesses closed up shop and left here, our police can't keep up with the crime and that goes double for our fire department and rescue squads. Why? All because we have to allow blacks to live here.
I have to agree. No blacks in America, no more problems. No more IRS robbery, to support them. No more denial of jobs and education, to allow the unteachable to go ahead of us.
No more fear of mob attacks, when you take your family to the fair. No more fear to walk the neighborhood at night. No more distractions from learning, in our schools.
And, get rid of that Popeye's chicken lady.
And, LORD, get rid of Oprah. I'd like to get rid of the black athletes who offer such a poor role model to our youth.Beyonce could leave and take Mylie with her.

Whiney blacks disract us from the Mexicans who are trying to steal our country, without a war.

Level 1

Location hidden

#10407 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When it was just you white people you were molesting, stealing and killing each other and even more. You racist white people had what it is you say you want...but were you content? NO! Many of you were so lazy and greedy that you went to another country (Africa) and bought and kidnapped black people to America to do the work you could not do.
Your ancestors brought Africans to this country by force...did Africans ask to come here? NO. Did Africans volunteer to come here? NO.
At this point in time, you do not have a say over where African-Americans are to be.
America is NOW a home to African-Americans...the end!
No, whites did not go to Africa for slaves.It was the Jews who collected the slaves and, Africans who delivered them. It was not whites. You think Jews are white? Consider that the guy who targeted Jews at the Jewish place, was labeled as a hate crime perpetrator.
Remember that your beloved Obama declared that crimes against whites was not protected under hate crime laws. So, why are Jews protected under that law, if they are white?

Level 1

Location hidden

#10408 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Final line: Black people and white people are different....they are suppose to be different.
Regarding black people’s name, I do not see how you have any input. Just learn to spell the names just as it has been done with others who choose to bare names from their original heritage. If some African-Americans struggle with some issues, it is expected to some degree.
Thank God we humans are not part of the animal kingdom, we are above them. It is up to you to reason properly based on factual and not falsified, manipulated and biased information. It is your own responsibility.
You are truly deceived if you think whites live in peace with many other races overall. You white people pick and choose base on your own stupid ideas and fake principals. As well as American culture, many of the ethnic groups you mentioned keep to their own culture and have their own communities. The American culture is really based on white people keeping everything good for white people while everyone else gets little to nothing. There is resistance from other ethnic groups but each deal with the issue differently.
The change that many of you racist’s whites want from black people is for us to act inferior to you and that is our objection. African-Americans are not inferior to anybody. What black person in their right mind is going to agree to you racist white people trying to keep them in a box? It is not possible. Though, there is a good and bad way to deal with these race issues racists white people keep creating. The things you racist whites try to put over on blacks, you don’t always try with other ethnic groups.
Though, all of the groups you mentioned have received some type of discrimination at the hands of racists white in one way or another.
I don't want blacks to act like whites - it will never happen.

I just want blacks to be separated from whites. Blacks willl end the struggle, whites will chill out. What's not to like?

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#10409 May 8, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>Within the link you quoted;

"Even Attorney General Eric Holder has thrown his support behind the racist legislation, stating that the situation as it stands is ‘unacceptable’.

“we’ve often seen that students of color, students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and students with special needs are disproportionately likely to be suspended or expelled.”[...]“This is, quite simply, unacceptable.… These unnecessary and destructive policies must be changed,”

He wants all students to be equally punished for the crimes of black kids.

For the record, those destructive policies he is referring to are the ones that punish students based on their behavior alone. Clearly, according to Mr. Holder, the color of oneÂ’s skin determines how often you will commit crimes."
Clearly, you have no understanding of the established Constitutional principles underlying the statement. I read it quite thoroughly. It does not mean what you want it to mean no matter how much you want to apply a conservative spin on it.

Location hidden

#10410 May 8, 2014
whinersrus wrote:
<quoted text> America is home to Americans When did y'all decide that you ere African Americans ? After roots came out as a TV series
And...African-Americans are Americans.

Things and people progress....do you consider that a bad thing? Our ancestral home is Africa, we do know this. Though many of the African names were changed to slave names, many no longer have their family name, nor do they know the exact country in Africa they are from. Thus, we are African-American.

Level 1

Location hidden

#10411 May 8, 2014
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, you have no understanding of the established Constitutional principles underlying the statement. I read it quite thoroughly. It does not mean what you want it to mean no matter how much you want to apply a conservative spin on it.
I report what I have heard. I didn't change it, I didn't add to it. Why is it so hard for you to accept? You just don't want to admit that blacks are discriminating against the whites, who pay their rent? Try being truthful, it might be embarrassing but, it won't kill you We no longer believe your con games, no longer feel obligated to you so, just fess up.
Your days of privilege are soon over. Whites just don't care anymore, we are sick of you manipulating us. Sick of you attacking us.
What's left? Africa? Bye-bye!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#10412 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And...African-Americans are Americans.
Things and people progress....do you consider that a bad thing? Our ancestral home is Africa, we do know this. Though many of the African names were changed to slave names, many no longer have their family name, nor do they know the exact country in Africa they are from. Thus, we are African-American.
White Americans are the ONLY group who can claim to be American, without hyphenation.
In the entire world, when Americans are brought up, it's as a white people.
Even Native Americans can't just claim to be American. You know why? Because it was white Americans who established what American is, no one else.,

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#10413 May 8, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>I report what I have heard. I didn't change it, I didn't add to it. Why is it so hard for you to accept? You just don't want to admit that blacks are discriminating against the whites, who pay their rent? Try being truthful, it might be embarrassing but, it won't kill you We no longer believe your con games, no longer feel obligated to you so, just fess up.
Your days of privilege are soon over. Whites just don't care anymore, we are sick of you manipulating us. Sick of you attacking us.
What's left? Africa? Bye-bye!!!
I'll take what I read in the context of my legal background over what you have "heard" any day. You have difficulty accepting what I said and the text that I posted because you want to push the tripe that you just said. I understand that it doesn't fit your obvious agenda but that's the way that it is.

Location hidden

#10414 May 8, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're sure barking up the wrong tree. I have no sympathy and no remorse for descendants of slaves who wouldn't-go-back-home-once-fre ed. You know why?
My first ancestor to America came as a white slave in 1675. Not an indentured servant but, an Irish slave. I'm not asking for reparations or special treatment or advantages so, why should you? Whatever I didn't accomplished, I adapted and learned to need less. Why didn't you?
I never asked for any freebies. Did you?
I was never offered any assistance ... were you?
You have nothing on me.
I'm not barking up any tree...I am just saying the truth.

No one is looking for your sympathy or remorse, just deal with your racists idiotic thoughts yourself without trying to shove them on top of innocent African-American's heads and disrupt their life.

Your first ancestors were slaves? Did they keep their names and Irish culture through slavery? If so, did they go back to Ireland after they were freed?

Anyone who values themselves is going to ask for compensation for their hard work. It did not happen for African-Americans and I was giving this information as a matter of fact, it was not a request for compensation. Though after slavery was abolished, there were other things put in place over time which was suppose to be equivalent to compensation. African-Americans have continued on past that point and African-Americans are not asking for reparations, special treatment or advantages but we are going to defend ourselves verbally and legally against racists assaults against our people. This is what many of you people do not like and it is just too bad.

Who said I didn't accomplish, adapt and learn? Is it because I do not accept the twisted lies from racists people, who continue doing evil to people. You are Irish then yes? Then whites will allow you some things, as your skin is white. If you do not have an accent and do not have a name that reveals your Irish heritage, many of them will just see you as one of them. No freebies or offered assistance but I strive to treat people the way I want to be treated.

If you worked hard to get what you have...good for you. But know, there are many African-Americans who do the same.

Location hidden

#10415 May 8, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
White Americans are the ONLY group who can claim to be American, without hyphenation.
In the entire world, when Americans are brought up, it's as a white people.
Even Native Americans can't just claim to be American. You know why? Because it was white Americans who established what American is, no one else.,
This is absolutely not true.

It is true that Whites from Europe came and took over this land from the Native American Indians. Native American Indians are the first Americans Then came the whites and then everyone else. All who are born here in America are Americans.

Your thinking is so distorted by racists views that you do not see many things correctly.

As for me, I have said everything I was to say to you...

Level 1

Location hidden

#10416 May 8, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not barking up any tree...I am just saying the truth.
No one is looking for your sympathy or remorse, just deal with your racists idiotic thoughts yourself without trying to shove them on top of innocent African-American's heads and disrupt their life.
Your first ancestors were slaves? Did they keep their names and Irish culture through slavery? If so, did they go back to Ireland after they were freed?
Anyone who values themselves is going to ask for compensation for their hard work. It did not happen for African-Americans and I was giving this information as a matter of fact, it was not a request for compensation. Though after slavery was abolished, there were other things put in place over time which was suppose to be equivalent to compensation. African-Americans have continued on past that point and African-Americans are not asking for reparations, special treatment or advantages but we are going to defend ourselves verbally and legally against racists assaults against our people. This is what many of you people do not like and it is just too bad.
Who said I didn't accomplish, adapt and learn? Is it because I do not accept the twisted lies from racists people, who continue doing evil to people. You are Irish then yes? Then whites will allow you some things, as your skin is white. If you do not have an accent and do not have a name that reveals your Irish heritage, many of them will just see you as one of them. No freebies or offered assistance but I strive to treat people the way I want to be treated.
If you worked hard to get what you have...good for you. But know, there are many African-Americans who do the same.
So what, if I'm racist? That's because there are other races in my country who live off my taxes. And, I am a true American. My ancestors were slaves but, their descendants learned to adapt, without begging or demanding equality. If I can rise above slave history, why can't you? Why are your ancestors more important than mine, who served in every war?

You have to stop bullying whites who earned this country and, accept your role as a gratuitous leach, in the right place at the right time. That's all it is. We had slaves, we freed them, we offered them a free trip back to Africa. We gave them a choice and most refused to go. You didn't want to leave so, stop whining. Lie in the bed you made.

I can do that, right? You blame me for slavery hundreds of years ago so, I can blame you for enslaving America today.
Why wouldn't you be happier in Africa, where your people come from?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All of this Racism Must Stop 3 min Jubilant Sleep 101
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,101,537
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 5 min Lawrence Wolf 123
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 5 min African AE 24,281
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 6 min Insect Trust 5,003
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 6 min felisitas 2,392
AA BM Should Really Go Back To Africa and Here'... 7 min The AD 146
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 38 min Stupid Thread 3,564
The Official 2014/2015 NFL Season Thread 1 hr ROMPER STOMPER 69
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••