Race in America: Why are blacks being...

Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?

There are 9921 comments on the Washington Times story from Jul 8, 2013, titled Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?. In it, Washington Times reports that:

WASHINGTON , July 8, 2013 - Last week's Rasmussen poll revealed some surprising and disturbing information about the way Americans think about race in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

“Yet another average white man.”

Level 3

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10023 Mar 20, 2014
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are any words hurtful to you? Grow up and stop being a damn victim.

Not possible. Victimhood and denial are their bread and butter. Few of them have any more sense than a dinosaur. As far as they are concerned the government tit is eternal. It will be interesting to watch this play out after the economy tanks and the Chinese gold starts to take over. But let them keep making excuses for their lack of success. As long as they are whining, they're not working.
GroBBBBBBBBB

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#10024 Mar 20, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Not possible. Victimhood and denial are their bread and butter. Few of them have any more sense than a dinosaur. As far as they are concerned the government tit is eternal. It will be interesting to watch this play out after the economy tanks and the Chinese gold starts to take over. But let them keep making excuses for their lack of success. As long as they are whining, they're not working.
GroBBBBBBBBB
Words carry power and are often used to do harm. It's not about being victims but rather to curtail the abuse that comes from the repeated use of harmful language. Are you not cognizant of the historical use of propaganda to get a group of people to act in one manner or another? Pick a nation, any nation and you will see that this is indeed true. Do you think that the Jews would have victimized to the extent in Germany during WWII without the repeated use of words? Words created the environment in which such acts became not only possible but acceptable. It is no different for harmful words being used against any group of people. There are whole bodies of law designed to address the harmful use of words, whether it be discrimination, libel, slander, fraud, etc. Stop pretending that you don't understand this concept in order to trivialize and rationalize the use of ugly language and people's natural reaction to it.

The pen is mightier than the sword.
zap

Howell, MI

#10025 Mar 20, 2014
uh.. words can get you harmed look At it that way..
zap

Howell, MI

#10026 Mar 20, 2014
blacks are racist

I hate blacks And white people..

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#10027 Mar 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>In your profile you might also have mentioned that some autistic people are savants.
Is that what you are calling me? A savant?
Sorry to burst your bubble. I am a aspie. As in Asperger's Syndrome. Meaning high functioning autism.
Next time, do some research on the subject.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#10028 Mar 20, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I can see that. I feel the same way about people who call me a racist just because I'm white. As if ALL white people were somehow "in charge". It's easy to forget that most of the poorest people in the US are white.
And yes, I call it whining because most if it is exactly that. Can anyone really think they are showing any sense of pride when all they do is complain and blame others for their failures? I'm sure it would shock some here to know that my wife had a grandmother who was black. Which makes my children a bit mixed as well. But they LOOK white.
And that is all that matters to shallow racists who hate white people.
GroBBBBBBBBB
That you cannot distinguish critiques and moral protests from "whining" is an examples of what I had in mind when i said that white prejudices have the effect of eroding their critical faculties. They refuse to even listen to the critiques, but simply dismiss them as whinging. The question isn't even whether ALL white people are in charge. But part of the blindness induced by white racism is seen in the fact that even the poorest whites commonly hate Blacks more so that the privileged elite who oppresses the masses of blacks and whites. By buying into racism the masses of millions of ordinary white snot only help perpetuate the oppression of blacks, but also shoot themselves in the foot perpetuating the system that oppressess them as well. And this phenomenon--which has a long history in this country--again is an example of how whites destroy their own reason by adhering to racism. An elder tells me that while in Baltimore in 1967, Dr. King told a group of Black people that "the real difference between us and the bemused mass of our white brethren is that we KNOW we're not free while they think they are." Whether or not this is true, i do recall reading something similar that he DID say, in an address called "The Drum Major Instinct,"---namely, if whites had a clear understanding of their own situation, and teh causes of their situation, they'd be marching with us rather than opposing us; that there might even be MORE of them protesting than us--more of them "whining", as you put it. Unfortunately, far too many white Americans is mentally and morally comatose.
And speaking of poor whites, it is not just a coincicence that the largest concentration of the poorest whites still live in the South, the part of the country where racism (though a national problem) has traditionally expressed itself most stubbornly and ferociously.
Racism dulls the sense, dulls the social consciousness, and makes people more manipulatable by the elites.

Level 3

Location hidden

#10029 Mar 20, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> That you cannot distinguish critiques and moral protests from "whining" is an examples of what I had in mind when i said that white prejudices have the effect of eroding their critical faculties. They refuse to even listen to the critiques, but simply dismiss them as whinging. The question isn't even whether ALL white people are in charge. But part of the blindness induced by white racism is seen in the fact that even the poorest whites commonly hate Blacks more so that the privileged elite who oppresses the masses of blacks and whites. By buying into racism the masses of millions of ordinary white snot only help perpetuate the oppression of blacks, but also shoot themselves in the foot perpetuating the system that oppressess them as well. And this phenomenon--which has a long history in this country--again is an example of how whites destroy their own reason by adhering to racism. An elder tells me that while in Baltimore in 1967, Dr. King told a group of Black people that "the real difference between us and the bemused mass of our white brethren is that we KNOW we're not free while they think they are." Whether or not this is true, i do recall reading something similar that he DID say, in an address called "The Drum Major Instinct,"---namely, if whites had a clear understanding of their own situation, and teh causes of their situation, they'd be marching with us rather than opposing us; that there might even be MORE of them protesting than us--more of them "whining", as you put it. Unfortunately, far too many white Americans is mentally and morally comatose.
And speaking of poor whites, it is not just a coincicence that the largest concentration of the poorest whites still live in the South, the part of the country where racism (though a national problem) has traditionally expressed itself most stubbornly and ferociously.
Racism dulls the sense, dulls the social consciousness, and makes people more manipulatable by the elites.

The real problem is making the blanket assumption that white people are racists simply because they are white. Until that canard fades into history, nothing will change. Even when the KKK was at their zenith MOST white Americans did NOT support them in any way. And this continues today. MOST white people have no interest in gangs or defying the laws of the land and rarely do they cover up for white criminals.

Your assertions about the south are dated. But a lot of people in the country see an old movie like Mississippi Burning and instantly assume it's still like that today. And we see some who just LOVE bagging on "old white men" as if ALL of the old white men were in control when only a few are. Not only that, but most of today's "Old White Men" were children during the 60s. They had nothing to do with Jim Crow.

But they are old and white, so they are marked for hatred by people who only skim over history books. That's the sort of crap that needs to change as well. If the "payback" hatred continues, including the random attacks on innocent and defenseless white people, none of our problems will be resolved.

For years white people have been portrayed as weak because they avoid MOST conflicts. So the sucker punches aren't proving what powerful men black youth are becoming. Since they choose lone, elderly and disabled white people as targets (never bikers or skinheads) most of us only see them as chicken Shiites who go after easy targets just to be cruel.

And all the while spouting crap like "dis is fo Trayvon" and "time to git yours cracker". To be honest, I'm surprised at all the mayhem black "teens" and "youths" have managed being such a small segment of the population. But going after easy targets like grandmothers only pisses people off. Can you imagine what will happen WHEN one of these Polar Bear hunters manages to kill the grandmother of someone really important?

It will be a witch hunt.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Level 3

Location hidden

#10030 Mar 20, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> That you cannot distinguish critiques and moral protests from "whining" is an examples of what I had in mind when i said that white prejudices have the effect of eroding their critical faculties. They refuse to even listen to the critiques, but simply dismiss them as whinging. The question isn't even whether ALL white people are in charge. But part of the blindness induced by white racism is seen in the fact that even the poorest whites commonly hate Blacks more so that the privileged elite who oppresses the masses of blacks and whites. By buying into racism the masses of millions of ordinary white snot only help perpetuate the oppression of blacks, but also shoot themselves in the foot perpetuating the system that oppressess them as well. And this phenomenon--which has a long history in this country--again is an example of how whites destroy their own reason by adhering to racism. An elder tells me that while in Baltimore in 1967, Dr. King told a group of Black people that "the real difference between us and the bemused mass of our white brethren is that we KNOW we're not free while they think they are." Whether or not this is true, i do recall reading something similar that he DID say, in an address called "The Drum Major Instinct,"---namely, if whites had a clear understanding of their own situation, and teh causes of their situation, they'd be marching with us rather than opposing us; that there might even be MORE of them protesting than us--more of them "whining", as you put it. Unfortunately, far too many white Americans is mentally and morally comatose.

Your perspective on the south is dated to the point of nearly being antiquated. Most of the poor in the US are white. And yet, their crime rate is eclipsed by that of poor blacks. It's not money, it's culture. And there are plenty of racists in the northern states going back many generations. But if MOST white Americans were racists, Obama would be working in a field right now. Instead he rose to the top seat in the land.

And do tell what oppression you are facing that is any different from that of poor whites? There are 4 pages of special set-aside programs for black Americans, all of it free for the asking. BUT, you have to qualify. That means good grades and a clean record. It also helps to avoid having children in such a reckless manner, it sure doesn't benefit them to be born into a family with no future.

I realize that making fun of dull asss, boring white people is fashionable. But lamenting them for doing the right thing by their families is pitiful. I guess I fail to see how blacks expect their lot in life to improve if they aren't going to do it for themselves. Why make demands of white people who haven't done a thing to harm you? Blaming today's white people for things they didn't do is stupid. And a LOT of white people are finally beginning to recognize this.

As the economy tanks and more taxpayers lose their jobs, the social engineering money will dry up. What happens then? Nearly 50% of black Americans are on government assistance. That should scare the crap out of you. Especially with the crooks we have running the economy.

I remember watching people during the New Orleans floods after Katrina. They were dying of thirst and the water around them was putrid. But they had everything they needed to filter and distill it to make clean water. Yet, nobody did. They made signs instead and expected the government to bail them out. The government was as incompetent as ever.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBB

Level 3

Location hidden

#10031 Mar 20, 2014
Most of the poor in the US are white. And yet, their crime rate is eclipsed by that of poor blacks. It's not money, it's culture. And there are plenty of racists in the northern states going back many generations. But if MOST white Americans were racists, Obama would be working in a field right now. Instead he rose to the top seat in the land.

And do tell what oppression you are facing that is any different from that of poor whites? There are 4 pages of special set-aside programs for black Americans, all of it free for the asking. BUT, you have to qualify. That means good grades and a clean record. It also helps to avoid having children in such a reckless manner, it sure doesn't benefit them to be born into a family with no future.

I realize that making fun of dull asss, boring white people is fashionable. But lamenting them for doing the right thing by their families is pitiful. I guess I fail to see how blacks expect their lot in life to improve if they aren't going to do it for themselves. Why make demands of white people who haven't done a thing to harm you? Blaming today's white people for things they didn't do is stupid. And a LOT of white people are finally beginning to recognize this.

As the economy tanks and more taxpayers lose their jobs, the social engineering money will dry up. What happens then? Nearly 50% of black Americans are on government assistance. That should scare the crap out of you. Especially with the crooks we have running the economy.

I remember watching people during the New Orleans floods after Katrina. They were dying of thirst and the water around them was putrid. But they had everything they needed to filter and distill it to make clean water. Yet, nobody did. They made signs instead and expected the government to bail them out. The government was as incompetent as ever.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBB
Indian man

Victorville, CA

#10032 Mar 20, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text> Thats more of a concern for whites than blacks, but thats how the media will spin this of course, a hispanic can be a member of any racial/ethnic group, after the civil rights movement, white amer, need a new group to exploit, so they let all of the immigrants come to america, from mexico. But there here to stay, now their the majority in the south west, clearly that poses a threat for white folks,...
Hi I'm an Indian man and lived in several western countries. I did not understand racism blacks talk about

As Indians we are like not only because we many Indian are light and light eyed but also dark Indians are liked. So I could not get this
Big Knob

United States

#10033 Mar 20, 2014
Indian man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi I'm an Indian man and lived in several western countries. I did not understand racism blacks talk about
As Indians we are like not only because we many Indian are light and light eyed but also dark Indians are liked. So I could not get this
I could, why do you think that the minute men are patroling the border, why do you think that the state of Arizona, has passed anti immigrant laws aimed at hispanics of mexican decent, and stripped hispanic studies, clearly bp didnt do this, thats what I mean, the media will try to spin this into a blk vs brown thing , instead of the real fear: the browning of america,......... Thats what im saying..........
Troll Detector

New Port Richey, FL

#10034 Mar 20, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text> I could, why do you think that the minute men are patroling the border, why do you think that the state of Arizona, has passed anti immigrant laws aimed at hispanics of mexican decent, and stripped hispanic studies, clearly bp didnt do this, thats what I mean, the media will try to spin this into a blk vs brown thing , instead of the real fear: the browning of america,......... Thats what im saying..........
Hey, DumbAsaDoorKnob,...guess what I saw today?

http://www.wallpapersfolder.com/user-content/...

WHITE palm trees,.....on WHITE sand.

Wanna see the white alligator again?

https://www.google.com/search...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ha ha ha ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#10035 Mar 20, 2014
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Words carry power and are often used to do harm. It's not about being victims but rather to curtail the abuse that comes from the repeated use of harmful language. Are you not cognizant of the historical use of propaganda to get a group of people to act in one manner or another? Pick a nation, any nation and you will see that this is indeed true. Do you think that the Jews would have victimized to the extent in Germany during WWII without the repeated use of words? Words created the environment in which such acts became not only possible but acceptable. It is no different for harmful words being used against any group of people. There are whole bodies of law designed to address the harmful use of words, whether it be discrimination, libel, slander, fraud, etc. Stop pretending that you don't understand this concept in order to trivialize and rationalize the use of ugly language and people's natural reaction to it.
The pen is mightier than the sword.
So I can count on you to help me remind folks that anyone using the N word is not a good thing. This would include blacks that use that word as well.
Big Knob

United States

#10037 Mar 20, 2014
Troll Detector wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, DumbAsaDoorKnob,...guess what I saw today?
http://www.wallpapersfolder.com/user-content/...
WHITE palm trees,.....on WHITE sand.
Wanna see the white alligator again?
https://www.google.com/search...
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ha ha ha ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Thats a hybrid, show me where a palm, lemon, pine, or any tree grows white naturally,? plants, trees, ect, have the green magnesium containing photoaynthetic coloring matter of plants which is found in chloroplasts., An abnormal lack of chlorophyll, is what causes plants to turn white. A mutated gene is what caused that alligator to turn white..........which is an abnormal peculiarity.......

What I said about Azronia, the minute men and the border, hispanic studies in that state, the browning of america is true, even Obama won the election with only 30% of the white vote, according to Patrick Bucanan. Now have you ever seen a white door knob,?........Truth deflector......

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#10038 Mar 20, 2014
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>So I can count on you to help me remind folks that anyone using the N word is not a good thing. This would include blacks that use that word as well.
I have always found the use of the word offensive no matter who is using it. I count on you to refrain as well?

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#10039 Mar 20, 2014
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always found the use of the word offensive no matter who is using it. I count on you to refrain as well?
I will not be one of those liars that say "I have never used that word", I have, though it was when I was a teenager and I have matured. So yes, you can count on me to correct anyone using that kind of derogatory sh!t in my presence.

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#10040 Mar 21, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perspective on the south is dated to the point of nearly being antiquated. Most of the poor in the US are white. And yet, their crime rate is eclipsed by that of poor blacks. It's not money, it's culture. And there are plenty of racists in the northern states going back many generations. But if MOST white Americans were racists, Obama would be working in a field right now. Instead he rose to the top seat in the land.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBB
yeah the Ol' South is dead and a "new" South is born ? Talk about it to Trayvon Martin's family ...

New South is just another garb on the Ol' South and btw Amerikkka as a whole.

a whiteboi
Big Knob

United States

#10042 Mar 21, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
Most of the poor in the US are white. And yet, their crime rate is eclipsed by that of poor blacks. It's not money, it's culture. And there are plenty of racists in the northern states going back many generations. But if MOST white Americans were racists, Obama would be working in a field right now. Instead he rose to the top seat in the land.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBB
You use stats with no research, plus the white media's spin on events, didnt whites ask for assistance during the hurrican in new jersey? Dont you have farm subsidies for white farmers, while the blk farmers are discriminated against, its well documented, and during katrina alot of blk groups, were prevented at gun point from offering assistance, from neighboring states, by local police & white racist who blocked the bridge off so they couldnt cross over to higher ground, even black cops, guardsmen shot it out with white cops over this, something your media never mentions., thats why im against gun control, I tell blks youre a fool living in america without a gun, or rifle club, so the next time it happens, if somebody draws down on you, you draw down on them right back. The white media as usual didnt tell the whole story, thats wht I call it the WHITE-OUT MEDIA, they love to promote a black victim psychology, those blacks were un-armed and were trying to cross the bridge, and were fired upon by white police & white citizens for nothing, to date some have been tried and convicted..........your version of history and what actually happened is allegorical.

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10043 Mar 21, 2014
This is a ploy!

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#10044 Mar 22, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text> You use stats with no research, plus the white media's spin on events, didnt whites ask for assistance during the hurrican in new jersey? Dont you have farm subsidies for white farmers, while the blk farmers are discriminated against, its well documented, and during katrina alot of blk groups, were prevented at gun point from offering assistance, from neighboring states, by local police & white racist who blocked the bridge off so they couldnt cross over to higher ground, even black cops, guardsmen shot it out with white cops over this, something your media never mentions., thats why im against gun control, I tell blks youre a fool living in america without a gun, or rifle club, so the next time it happens, if somebody draws down on you, you draw down on them right back. The white media as usual didnt tell the whole story, thats wht I call it the WHITE-OUT MEDIA, they love to promote a black victim psychology, those blacks were un-armed and were trying to cross the bridge, and were fired upon by white police & white citizens for nothing, to date some have been tried and convicted..........your version of history and what actually happened is allegorical.
Even some of his facts are skewed. The number of poor whites certainly exceed the number of poor Blacks. Given that whites are 75% of the population the number of poor whites might even exceed the entire Black population. But the PROPORTION of poor Blacks is greater than the proportion of poor whites. A far smaller proportion of whites are. But those who are exhibit more or less the same kinds of problems (crime included) as poor Blacks or Hispanics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,382,243
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 min yisarel 134,137
Is BILL COSBY a Serial Rapist ? (Mar '15) 4 min T-BOS 22
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 7 min Oh Please 1,388
Poll Was the verdict in the Dunn trial justified? (Feb '14) 16 min T-BOS 25
White men are better lovers? (May '15) 19 min bolle 722
Non-whites No Longer to Allow USA to have a 1.5... 29 min User 4
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 54 min dreamhunk 44,744
Whites Are Not To Blame For Your Problems 58 min Gremlin 50
Poll Do Racists Belong In Mental Institutions 2 hr DerekJ 132