Race in America: Why are blacks being...

Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?

There are 9921 comments on the Washington Times story from Jul 8, 2013, titled Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?. In it, Washington Times reports that:

WASHINGTON , July 8, 2013 - Last week's Rasmussen poll revealed some surprising and disturbing information about the way Americans think about race in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Big Knob

United States

#10003 Mar 19, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be true if "black" Americans were entirely black. But as you well know a great many "back" Americans have considerable white lineage. And it wasn't strictly because of horny white farmers. In fact most of the actual mixing took off AFTER the civil war when the lack of jobs forced many women, black and white, into prostitution.
You never know where a recessive gene might pop up. Could be a big surprise. But my point was more about the mistaken notion that "recessive" somehow means "weak".
GroBBBBBBBBB
Many whites arent 100% white, in fact they have indian, afro genes as well. And for the most part it was rape, sexual harrassment, of bw by wm, what youre saying is, these bw scholars dont know what theyre talking about who've researched the matter and wrote about it. If one is to research early american history, you'll see that ww got with bm voluntarily, and bw were taken advantage of by wm its well documented, and this is the real reason your founding fathers passed the anti miscegenation laws, because they were concerned about ww and race-mixing with bm, but its was ok to do the samething in reverse. Thats why its ok to have a tv show like scandal on air, but wm prostested heavily that cherrios commercial with that ir couple where the woman was white.......Fear of the negro was not that you thought that a bm wanted a ww, but that you knew that she was saying yes, and for that reason you hated the negro, and this the reason your media goes out of its way to degrade the image of the bm. Its all based of sexual fears, recessive genes, the whole history of this country has been fear of interacial marriages, that was the reason behind jim crow.........what america do you live?
Big Knob

United States

#10004 Mar 19, 2014
Live in^

“Yet another average white man.”

Level 3

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10005 Mar 19, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text> Many whites arent 100% white, in fact they have indian, afro genes as well. And for the most part it was rape, sexual harrassment, of bw by wm, what youre saying is, these bw scholars dont know what theyre talking about who've researched the matter and wrote about it. If one is to research early american history, you'll see that ww got with bm voluntarily, and bw were taken advantage of by wm its well documented, and this is the real reason your founding fathers passed the anti miscegenation laws, because they were concerned about ww and race-mixing with bm, but its was ok to do the samething in reverse. Thats why its ok to have a tv show like scandal on air, but wm prostested heavily that cherrios commercial with that ir couple where the woman was white.......Fear of the negro was not that you thought that a bm wanted a ww, but that you knew that she was saying yes, and for that reason you hated the negro, and this the reason your media goes out of its way to degrade the image of the bm. Its all based of sexual fears, recessive genes, the whole history of this country has been fear of interacial marriages, that was the reason behind jim crow.........what america do you live?

And yet, even with all that diverse DNA, white people are hated and targeted and blamed for all that ails the world. You realize that it only takes a single white person to complain about something like the infamous Cheerios ad for the entire race to once again be labeled as eternally bigoted. Your claim that it was "protested heavily by wm" is not backed up with numbers. Sure some people griped, it's their right. Do you really lose sleep over the rantings of bigots?

Are you aware that MOST white Americans are NOT racists? And that MOST white Americans don't support the "KKK"? MOST white Americans DON'T have family ties to slavery OR Jim Crow era discrimination. Even Stormfront only has about 200K members. Their movement does NOT have the support of the majority of white Americans at all.

Assuming that people are racists just because they are white, is racism too.
GroBBBBBBBBB

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10006 Mar 19, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you get so upset with me? I'm not trying to destroy any race, rather, I'm trying to save the white race.
Is that a problem for you?
Yes it is. There is only one meaningful race - the human race. And I'm wondering if you're part of it.

And from a practical point of view, the tide is against your sick pursuit. Racism is on its last legs. Future generations will laugh at jerks like you.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#10007 Mar 19, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text> Many whites arent 100% white, in fact they have indian, afro genes as well. And for the most part it was rape, sexual harrassment, of bw by wm, what youre saying is, these bw scholars dont know what theyre talking about who've researched the matter and wrote about it. If one is to research early american history, you'll see that ww got with bm voluntarily, and bw were taken advantage of by wm its well documented, and this is the real reason your founding fathers passed the anti miscegenation laws, because they were concerned about ww and race-mixing with bm, but its was ok to do the samething in reverse. Thats why its ok to have a tv show like scandal on air, but wm prostested heavily that cherrios commercial with that ir couple where the woman was white.......Fear of the negro was not that you thought that a bm wanted a ww, but that you knew that she was saying yes, and for that reason you hated the negro, and this the reason your media goes out of its way to degrade the image of the bm. Its all based of sexual fears, recessive genes, the whole history of this country has been fear of interacial marriages, that was the reason behind jim crow.........what america do you live?
Back then they really did not know of genes.
Even with Mendel's work. But he didn't live till after America was formed. And many of those unfortunate laws had been in place for in some areas for decades.
And in the early part when this was a colony, intermarriages DID occur one has to remember.
And even after the laws were formed. There were little groups of folks who refused to listen to the laws. But instead, listened to their heart instead.

Level 7

Location hidden

#10008 Mar 19, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with Mendel's work. But he didn't live till after America was formed. And many of those unfortunate laws had been in place for in some areas for decades.
And in the early part when this was a colony, intermarriages DID occur one has to remember.
And even after the laws were formed. There were little groups of folks who refused to listen to the laws. But instead, listened to their heart instead.
In your profile you might also have mentioned that some autistic people are savants.

“The Abrahamic God”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

is a serial murderer

#10009 Mar 19, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
Personally, I think all of this is a foolish distraction when I consider how the Russians are making our president look like an even bigger fool than Carter did. What really sucks for Americans is that after enough international pokes in the eye we'll likely elect another loud mouthed Texas braggart to clean up the mess.
And he'll use American lives to do it. The left will gripe and whine while playing on everyone's fears of dead sons and daughters. And then another Chamberlain will be elected on popularity instead of policy.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
GroBBBBBBBBBB
And just are your suggestions on how O should deal with Putin?

“The Abrahamic God”

Level 8

is a serial murderer

#10010 Mar 19, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Recessive bullchit.
There is no denying that black and white do not make white.\.
Mariah looks pretty white to me
http://www.google.com/imgres...

“The Abrahamic God”

Level 8

is a serial murderer

#10011 Mar 19, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses didn't marry a black woman.He had a black mistress and a white wife..
Oh yes he did
"And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Num. 12.1).
http://www.biblefellowshipunion.co.uk/2004/se...
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>God did place natural barriers to separate the races. The Rio Grande to separate Mexico.
Oceans to separate races and countries. Mountains, etc. Problem is, man got smart enough to cross the barriers.
By that ridiculous argument, the French and the Italians should be considered of different races because they have the Alps to separate them. To the best of my knowledge I know of no mountain ranges between Mongolia and Russia, though they contain people of different races.
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
But, racial sterilization would be a good idea. However, God has a purpose and reason for all that he does. Maybe our denying such racial unions, is what he expects us to do?
It could be a test and, many of us are failing. It's all about faith and obedience.
God doesn't exist, but if he does exist, I pretty sure he has better things to care about.

Level 7

Location hidden

#10012 Mar 19, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I can see that. I feel the same way about people who call me a racist just because I'm white. As if ALL white people were somehow "in charge". It's easy to forget that most of the poorest people in the US are white.
And yes, I call it whining because most if it is exactly that. Can anyone really think they are showing any sense of pride when all they do is complain and blame others for their failures? I'm sure it would shock some here to know that my wife had a grandmother who was black. Which makes my children a bit mixed as well. But they LOOK white.
And that is all that matters to shallow racists who hate white people.
GroBBBBBBBBB
That's odd. I'm white, and the only people who call me racist are white racists. If a black person called me a white racist, it would hurt. If a white racist called me a black-on-white racist, I would take it as a compliment.

“The Abrahamic God”

Level 8

is a serial murderer

#10013 Mar 19, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>Mariah Carey and Vin Diesel do not look white. They have darker skin, big noses and full lips. I don't know who the third guy is.
You know about people getting ripped of in buying rip-off name brand retail items?
Same thing, whites being forced to accept fake whites, as one of their own.
If you blacks just HAVE to impregnate a white woman, you best be prepared to call that kid black. Cos, we whites will not accept it as white.
Wentworth Miller
https://www.google.com/search...

“Yet another average white man.”

Level 3

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10014 Mar 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That's odd. I'm white, and the only people who call me racist are white racists. If a black person called me a white racist, it would hurt. If a white racist called me a black-on-white racist, I would take it as a compliment.

If you really want to experience this it's simple. Just put your photograph on your profile. Then have the audacity to disagree with someone non-white on some issue. Eventually your white racism will be called out.

You seem to forget that just being white makes you a racist. You were born that way. You can't help it. But that doesn't matter. You're so deeply steeped in white privilege that racism against non-white people is natural for you.

It's nice that you live in some multicultural utopia where people don't care what color you are. The rest of us live in the real world.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Level 7

Location hidden

#10015 Mar 19, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to experience this it's simple. Just put your photograph on your profile. Then have the audacity to disagree with someone non-white on some issue. Eventually your white racism will be called out.
You seem to forget that just being white makes you a racist. You were born that way. You can't help it. But that doesn't matter. You're so deeply steeped in white privilege that racism against non-white people is natural for you.
It's nice that you live in some multicultural utopia where people don't care what color you are. The rest of us live in the real world.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBBB
I hope your paper dolls are integrated.
Great Caesars Ghost

Stillwater, OK

#10016 Mar 19, 2014
Al Sharpton wrote:
White propaganda. Racist is a way to describe whites. So no one other than whites can be racist.
Dear Big Al: Can you say or spell TAWANA BRALEY?

Level 7

Location hidden

#10017 Mar 19, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
GroBBBBBBBBBBBBB
P.S. While I don't post my photo, most Topix regulars know I'm white. There are also a number of black contributors to Topix, who make no secret of that fact. I have had many exchanges with black contributors, and I can't recall ever being accused of racism by a black Topix contributor. In fact, some of them have made the flattering mistake of assuming I am black. Also, many white racists have made that same mistake, also flattering.

I eagerly await your next straw man.
Big Knob

United States

#10018 Mar 19, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
They knew enough to create the one drop rule. But heres what they didnt know:
There is only one skin color and its melanin, which is the black/black pigment that we all produce in special cells in our skin. And if you produce a little melanin, we become european white ( a form of albinism ) and if we produce alot of melanin we'll become a deep black/brown and in between of course the various shades of brown. And that goes for every people on this planet. And this is and has always been the reason why I/R is only considered a threat when the men are black period. You look at the reaction at this ir cherrios commercial vs the tv show scandal.
Big Knob

United States

#10019 Mar 19, 2014
Troll Detector wrote:
'From now on, local, state and national politicians will need to pay attention to Hispanics rather than treating blacks as the major minority.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13769...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Thats more of a concern for whites than blacks, but thats how the media will spin this of course, a hispanic can be a member of any racial/ethnic group, after the civil rights movement, white amer, need a new group to exploit, so they let all of the immigrants come to america, from mexico. But there here to stay, now their the majority in the south west, clearly that poses a threat for white folks,...

“Mrs. Reaves”

Since: Mar 14

Moore, Oklahoma

#10020 Mar 19, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen pictures of Robin Thicke's son?
Yes! My youngest two kiddos are carbon copies of their dad. Caucasian skin coloring with straight, blonde hair. Sadly, I have been asked on numerous occasions if they were my biological children. People judge more so on what the person looks like at first glance. Guarantee if I posted a picture of my youngest two no one would originally guess, "bi-racial."
Big Knob

United States

#10021 Mar 19, 2014
Needed,.....theyre here to stay^

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#10022 Mar 19, 2014
brownskin_beauty wrote:
White people just don't understand and they never will and probably don't care to understand what racism feels like. Growing up and having to deal with discrimination and ignorance from people who judge you because your skin has a darker tent. They think being called a honky, cracker, etc is hurtful, but there's no real painful history behind those words like the n word. They all just say history was so long ago, Why ya'll always playing the race card, ya'll say the n word why can't we. Honestly whites probably don't get that hurt over it because at the end of the day they are still the majority, still the face of beauty in American, and still are white privileged.
Why are any words hurtful to you? Grow up and stop being a damn victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,348,422
Best White Woman Feature? 1 min Blackrod 23
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 130,792
......................Blacks under age 18 3 min BoE1 36
Native American Men And White Women Dating? (Nov '09) 3 min A Perm For BM 54
White Crime: Few Comments (Sep '09) 6 min Doctor No 3,223
White men are better lovers? (May '15) 6 min Afro German Queen 636
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 24 min TranshumanX 40,316
Black people have every reason to hate whites 28 min Fred 67
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 1 hr Don Barros Serrano 5,675