Race in America: Why are blacks being...

Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?

There are 9913 comments on the Washington Times story from Jul 8, 2013, titled Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?. In it, Washington Times reports that:

WASHINGTON , July 8, 2013 - Last week's Rasmussen poll revealed some surprising and disturbing information about the way Americans think about race in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8800 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Youre dead wrong, there's been a shift in the economy and businesses closed or relocated, leaving thousands of people out of work, just like the steel mills, lumber yards coal mines tire factories closed an left a lot of whites out of work. The black community should have put more focus on creating a business class, instead of focusing on racism, that empowers civil rights groups and not the people, and they know it. NOI has for years preached do for self, but christian leadership has preached love your enemy and turn the other cheek. now the young people are into islam, and culture nationalism, so you'll see a very different community. George Wallace, Ross Barnett, Bull Conner, Joe Clark, Orville Favous, Lester Maddox, Strum Thurman, meant black people no good, and these were elected officials, sworn to up hold the constitution of these united states and they didnt. At least these other two practiced what they preached......
What politicians do is represent the people. If the people that elected these politicians at the time wanted to keep blacks down, then the representatives did what the people wanted.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

#8801 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Fox news is white entertainment, so is newsweek, the standard, the wall st journal, thats cool, you also have spanish radio and tv, asiaian radio &tv, and other groups, have theirs, but when blacks do something its called racist. You act like blacks are to always rely on the benevolence of, and be under the tetuladge of whites, I pointed out before that Joseph Lowery MLK's right hand man said: we fought to change america from wrong to right and not to turn everything black into white, it seems to offend whites when blacks tell blacks their american history, from their persepctive, we're the only group in america where whites feel that they must always into your business, and have an opinion in your affiars, its what I call the post slave revolt mentality........
A Chinese guy or an Indian guy is seen pretty much the same as a Greek guy or an Italian guy. Why is it that everyone is able to assimilate into the American majority... except for African Americans?

Obviously the race problem is on their end.

In fact even black immigrants are more civilized than African Americans. In black majority neighborhoods you can pick their homes out because they actually take care of their property. Probably explains why Obama (Kenya) and Powell (Jamaica) made it so much farther than the great great grandkids of Alabama cotton pickers who still live in poverty.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8802 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Fox news is white entertainment, so is newsweek, the standard, the wall st journal, thats cool, you also have spanish radio and tv, asiaian radio &tv, and other groups, have theirs, but when blacks do something its called racist. You act like blacks are to always rely on the benevolence of, and be under the tetuladge of whites, I pointed out before that Joseph Lowery MLK's right hand man said: we fought to change america from wrong to right and not to turn everything black into white, it seems to offend whites when blacks tell blacks their american history, from their persepctive, we're the only group in america where whites feel that they must always into your business, and have an opinion in your affiars, its what I call the post slave revolt mentality........
Hispanics and Asians are not crying racism every ten minutes. Do they teach Spanish or Asian history in schools? Do they have Hispanic and Asian history months?

Your people are not being neglected. That's why I brought up black history month among others. And yes, black miss America, black Yellow Pages, black cable channels and so on.

The problem is blacks are always crying about something, and then when whites "get in their business" you say we should leave blacks alone. Which is it?

Whites would love nothing more in the world than to be out of your business and you out of ours. We live over here and you live over there. Then we would have no reason to be in your business. But when your people cry discrimination because they can't get a job, we can't help but to be in your business. When you cry that the white police are not protecting your neighborhood enough, then yes, we are in your business. When blacks move into our neighborhoods that we built up, kept safe, made investments, and your people move in and ruin it, you are in our business.

Seems to me you're barking up the wrong tree when it comes to people being in your business. Tell your brothers and sisters to stay out of our business, and we'll stay out of yours. If your schools are failing you, then start an all black school. If you can't get a job from whitie, then get a job from a black employer. If you don't like white police, then move into an all black city or suburb that has all black police and fire.

Problem solved except for one thing: blacks can't survive without whites.
BIgKnob

United States

#8803 Oct 9, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
A Chinese guy or an Indian guy is seen pretty much the same as a Greek guy or an Italian guy. Why is it that everyone is able to assimilate into the American majority... except for African Americans?
Obviously the race problem is on their end.
In fact even black immigrants are more civilized than African Americans. In black majority neighborhoods you can pick their homes out because they actually take care of their property. Probably explains why Obama (Kenya) and Powell (Jamaica) made it so much farther than the great great grandkids of Alabama cotton pickers who still live in poverty.
No thank you im not a greek and I dont want to be. Blacks are already american, we've been here since the beginning, i've said many times being an american doesnt mean european. black immigrants have had a different experience than blk americans, they come from all black societies, and never experienced jim crow, never marched for civil rights. Marcus Garvey was a black immigrant, so was Stokley Carmicheal and many others. I reject assimilation or white folks defining anything for me, im not asking you for nothing so why are you in my business ? No white person can define american for blacks who've been here before alot of whites came here as immigrants, so I reject your euro-centric construct..........i dont want to be what im not, and no one is going to change that........
BIgKnob

United States

#8804 Oct 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What politicians do is represent the people. If the people that elected these politicians at the time wanted to keep blacks down, then the representatives did what the people wanted.
White racist voted them in power to maintain the status quo, all they had to do was leave black folks alone, but no they stayed in black folks business, they became interferers in black folks lives, right now I set up a program for young black boys in school, with my own money I bought books, school supplies & some computers with black church donations, & some entertainers, now I have white teachers trying to tell me what I should be teaching, when i've already talked to black teachers, PHD's, see this is what im saying, their trying to tell a bm how to talk to black boys, they want to teach that eurocentric BULLSHIT but not on my watch.
Abominablesnowma n

Howell, MI

#8805 Oct 9, 2013
pff..

non hispanic whites..

non black whites..

black whites..

hispanic whites..
BIgKnob

United States

#8806 Oct 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics and Asians are not crying racism every ten minutes. Do they teach Spanish or Asian history in schools? Do they have Hispanic and Asian history months?
Your people are not being neglected. That's why I brought up black history month among others. And yes, black miss America, black Yellow Pages, black cable channels and so on.
The problem is blacks are always crying about something, and then when whites "get in their business" you say we should leave blacks alone. Which is it?
Whites would love nothing more in the world than to be out of your business and you out of ours. We live over here and you live over there. Then we would have no reason to be in your business. But when your people cry discrimination because they can't get a job, we can't help but to be in your business. When you cry that the white police are not protecting your neighborhood enough, then yes, we are in your business. When blacks move into our neighborhoods that we built up, kept safe, made investments, and your people move in and ruin it, you are in our business.
Seems to me you're barking up the wrong tree when it comes to people being in your business. Tell your brothers and sisters to stay out of our business, and we'll stay out of yours. If your schools are failing you, then start an all black school. If you can't get a job from whitie, then get a job from a black employer. If you don't like white police, then move into an all black city or suburb that has all black police and fire.
Problem solved except for one thing: blacks can't survive without whites.
Thats what you want blacks to thInk, I polIce myself, I dont need law enforcement, I do for self. answer thIs how come youre not InterferIng In hIspanIc's or asIan's busIness, lIke you do blacks. you want to create a mIndset amoung blacks , that you need to rely on the benevolence, of and always be under the tutelage of whItes. thats the constant slave revolt mentalIty you have.....my doIng for self dont mean Im antI whIte, If thats what you thInk then thats your problem not mIne.......
BIgKnob

United States

#8807 Oct 9, 2013
@ xxxrated did it ever occur to you that people of all races want to do their own thing. Isnt that why you left home to be on your own, isnt that why a bird leave the nest, to make a life of its own, why do whites feel thats blacks must always be under their tutelage. You say im crying racism? Show me a thread where. I dont care about racism or racist as long as their not bothering me, then I wont bother them right back. My message to blacks is clear knowledge of self, do for self, define self, tell your own story and live productive lives in the decent values of your choosing, does that sound like racism?.........
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8808 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text>White racist voted them in power to maintain the status quo, all they had to do was leave black folks alone, but no they stayed in black folks business, they became interferers in black folks lives, right now I set up a program for young black boys in school, with my own money I bought books, school supplies & some computers with black church donations, & some entertainers, now I have white teachers trying to tell me what I should be teaching, when i've already talked to black teachers, PHD's, see this is what im saying, their trying to tell a bm how to talk to black boys, they want to teach that eurocentric BULLSHIT but not on my watch.
You can't teach "what you want."

The idea of an education be it primary or advanced is to prepare students for the world. In a white world (as you would call it) teachers are trying to prepare these children for the future.

If you ran a school, it would probably be loaded with black history and propaganda that you spread here. Fine, but that type of education won't land kids with a job or prepare them for an advanced education should they choose one.
BIgKnob

United States

#8809 Oct 9, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much all folks from around the Caribbean are blacks. Even if a Puerto Rican, Dominican or Cuban hates on African Americans as lazy and untrustworthy he still is one of them.
you ought to hear what they say about you.....each year I go to the pan african flim festival started by american blacks and these very groups you named are there ive never seen or heard such statements, by the way the west coast hispanics say the southwest belongs to them, it wasnt blacks who took the land was it?......
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8810 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text>Thats what you want blacks to thInk, I polIce myself, I dont need law enforcement, I do for self. answer thIs how come youre not InterferIng In hIspanIc's or asIan's busIness, lIke you do blacks. you want to create a mIndset amoung blacks , that you need to rely on the benevolence, of and always be under the tutelage of whItes. thats the constant slave revolt mentalIty you have.....my doIng for self dont mean Im antI whIte, If thats what you thInk then thats your problem not mIne.......
No, it's your problem not mine.

If blacks were self-sufficient, then you wouldn't need white people at all. Your communities would run just as well if not better than ours. Your neighborhoods would be safe, your schools at the top of the charts, your homes would be near perfect, your streets would be safe to walk at night.

But that isn't the case in black communities. It's quite the opposite. So what do blacks do when they want to escape the houses that are falling apart, get their children out of these violent schools, live where they virtually don't have to worry about crime? They move into a white neighborhood.

Blacks are not capable of forming and maintaining a good society. Blacks destroy good societies. Whites can find a large piece of land, develop it, make it into a prestigious community where all live in harmony.

Blacks do need whites. What do black do when they need a job? Find a black person to hire them? Who do blacks turn to for updated or new housing? Black people? Who do black people turn to when they need more security or better schools? Other black people? What happens to a city when whites start to move out because blacks are starting to move in? It gets better?
BIgKnob

United States

#8811 Oct 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't teach "what you want."
The idea of an education be it primary or advanced is to prepare students for the world. In a white world (as you would call it) teachers are trying to prepare these children for the future.
If you ran a school, it would probably be loaded with black history and propaganda that you spread here. Fine, but that type of education won't land kids with a job or prepare them for an advanced education should they choose one.
I teach how to think and not what to think, how to create a business, a job, these kids are being dumbed down by these teachers, when I was in school these teachers told us "why do you want to be a doctor" why there's wonderful opportunity for your people to be a mail man, plumber , why you shouldnt think about being a doctor, or a business man. Now does the school system teach the truth about Lincoln, jefferson, washington, be honest, youre still taught in music class that it was elvis pressley who created rock n roll, so teaching kids to compete and how to think is not racism, its common sense, and i'll make damn sure that what happened to me and others wont happen to these kids..........
BIgKnob

United States

#8812 Oct 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's your problem not mine.
If blacks were self-sufficient, then you wouldn't need white people at all. Your communities would run just as well if not better than ours. Your neighborhoods would be safe, your schools at the top of the charts, your homes would be near perfect, your streets would be safe to walk at night.
But that isn't the case in black communities. It's quite the opposite. So what do blacks do when they want to escape the houses that are falling apart, get their children out of these violent schools, live where they virtually don't have to worry about crime? They move into a white neighborhood.
Blacks are not capable of forming and maintaining a good society. Blacks destroy good societies. Whites can find a large piece of land, develop it, make it into a prestigious community where all live in harmony.
Blacks do need whites. What do black do when they need a job? Find a black person to hire them? Who do blacks turn to for updated or new housing? Black people? Who do black people turn to when they need more security or better schools? Other black people? What happens to a city when whites start to move out because blacks are starting to move in? It gets better?
Blacks mis-educated in your education system, see you have one for your kids and one for blacks, thats why black educators are setting up home schooling and private schools they see whats happening, thats why Carter Woodson wrote in the 1930s the book the mis-education of the negro. Adolf Hilter once said: the way to control a people, is to control what they read, what they see and hear. And thats the type of education blacks have recieved. Everytime blacks try to have a discussion online the racist disrupt it with nasty comments, racial slurs, and stereotypes why is their such fear of blacks getting together to discuss issues vital to their community?......is that racism?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8813 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Blacks mis-educated in your education system, see you have one for your kids and one for blacks, thats why black educators are setting up home schooling and private schools they see whats happening, thats why Carter Woodson wrote in the 1930s the book the mis-education of the negro. Adolf Hilter once said: the way to control a people, is to control what they read, what they see and hear. And thats the type of education blacks have recieved. Everytime blacks try to have a discussion online the racist disrupt it with nasty comments, racial slurs, and stereotypes why is their such fear of blacks getting together to discuss issues vital to their community?......is that racism?
Blacks are taught the exact same things as whites are taught. Again..... the concept of education is to prepare children for adulthood.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm a landlord in a very diverse suburb of Cleveland. I use Craigslist exclusively to find new tenants. Most of the replies I get are from black applicants. Some of these e-mails I can't even read. They look like writings of a second-grade white child.

So explain to me exactly how this Euro-education system failed these black children because they were black? How is it white adults have some control of the English language and blacks don't?

If I won't even consider renting an apartment to these black applicants based on their primitive writing skills, how do these black people find a decent job?

We in America have a society. It's up to each member of our society to assimilate and be part of it. But if we have a group of people who not only resist being part of that society, but protest it, how can anybody blame that society for rejecting those people?

Hispanics become part of this society, Asians become part of this society, Arabs become part of this society, but blacks???? Stay out of our business. LOL!

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8814 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Youre dead wrong, there's been a shift in the economy and businesses closed or relocated, leaving thousands of people out of work, just like the steel mills, lumber yards coal mines tire factories closed an left a lot of whites out of work. The black community should have put more focus on creating a business class, instead of focusing on racism, that empowers civil rights groups and not the people, and they know it. NOI has for years preached do for self, but christian leadership has preached love your enemy and turn the other cheek. now the young people are into islam, and culture nationalism, so you'll see a very different community. George Wallace, Ross Barnett, Bull Conner, Joe Clark, Orville Favous, Lester Maddox, Strum Thurman, meant black people no good, and these were elected officials, sworn to up hold the constitution of these united states and they didnt. At least these other two practiced what they preached......
You would too if you forced to pay for the Pseudo Liberal Democrats Great Society Programs that the Blacks have lived on for years and is why Detroit Failed because the Blacks choose the Welfare System than Working and another thing Detroit version of Islam or Nation of Islamis based on Black Racism and is totally differnt than Islam that is practiced over in the middle east which one is an Apple and the other is an Orange.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8815 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Blacks mis-educated in your education system, see you have one for your kids and one for blacks, thats why black educators are setting up home schooling and private schools they see whats happening, thats why Carter Woodson wrote in the 1930s the book the mis-education of the negro. Adolf Hilter once said: the way to control a people, is to control what they read, what they see and hear. And thats the type of education blacks have recieved. Everytime blacks try to have a discussion online the racist disrupt it with nasty comments, racial slurs, and stereotypes why is their such fear of blacks getting together to discuss issues vital to their community?......is that racism?
That is nonsense and you know it because the Blacks were pushing Ebonics and all that is for is to allow the Blacks to dumb down their own race and keep them dumb down which Bill Cosby is right the Blacks are out of touch with reality.

Bill Cosby and Ebonics Controversy

"And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk (laughter). And then 1 heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the comer and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't land a plane with "Why you ain't." You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth"

--Bill Cosby

May 19, 2004

Constitution Hall, Washington, D. C.

http://languagediversity-linda.blogspot.com/2...

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8816 Oct 9, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Blacks mis-educated in your education system, see you have one for your kids and one for blacks, thats why black educators are setting up home schooling and private schools they see whats happening, thats why Carter Woodson wrote in the 1930s the book the mis-education of the negro. Adolf Hilter once said: the way to control a people, is to control what they read, what they see and hear. And thats the type of education blacks have recieved. Everytime blacks try to have a discussion online the racist disrupt it with nasty comments, racial slurs, and stereotypes why is their such fear of blacks getting together to discuss issues vital to their community?......is that racism?
another thing is that what is wrong with Obama he was mis-educated too.
BIgKnob

United States

#8818 Oct 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You would too if you forced to pay for the Pseudo Liberal Democrats Great Society Programs that the Blacks have lived on for years and is why Detroit Failed because the Blacks choose the Welfare System than Working and another thing Detroit version of Islam or Nation of Islamis based on Black Racism and is totally differnt than Islam that is practiced over in the middle east which one is an Apple and the other is an Orange.
do you see the NOI flyIng aIr planes Into buIldIngs thats mIddle eastern Islam, Im not a member so ask them about theIr belIef.......
BIgKnob

United States

#8819 Oct 9, 2013
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like blacks because they are criminals. You can't live among civilized people and behave. 13% of the population of the US and you commit 70% of the violent crime. You belong in Africa with the rest of the uncouth, uncivilized crap in the world.
who cares who you dont like, I dont need your validation, you can go back to europe.....cause im not going nowhere and your not gonna make me.......
BIgKnob

United States

#8820 Oct 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks are taught the exact same things as whites are taught. Again..... the concept of education is to prepare children for adulthood.
I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm a landlord in a very diverse suburb of Cleveland. I use Craigslist exclusively to find new tenants. Most of the replies I get are from black applicants. Some of these e-mails I can't even read. They look like writings of a second-grade white child.
So explain to me exactly how this Euro-education system failed these black children because they were black? How is it white adults have some control of the English language and blacks don't?
If I won't even consider renting an apartment to these black applicants based on their primitive writing skills, how do these black people find a decent job?
We in America have a society. It's up to each member of our society to assimilate and be part of it. But if we have a group of people who not only resist being part of that society, but protest it, how can anybody blame that society for rejecting those people?
Hispanics become part of this society, Asians become part of this society, Arabs become part of this society, but blacks???? Stay out of our business. LOL!
I think you know what im talking about. If what you say is true then why do you have so many non english news papers, radio stations and tv stations in america. How come so many voting pamplets in non english langugages?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Cosby most prolific Rapist in US history 3 min 2 Dogs 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,536,164
What would happen if blacks were given their ow... 4 min thetruth 226
Indian Wh0rs are the Biggest Race-traitors on t... (Dec '14) 9 min KIP 6
Is Zoe Saldana a sellout? (Dec '14) 12 min KIP 51
Molly Matheson - Going to Mudshark Hell! 28 min KIP 8
HA HA HA! Trump cuts $1.7 TRILLION in welfare! 35 min KIP 230
Black women want kids with that GOOD HAIR 1 hr Paul 35
Why are black men so thirsty for white women? 2 hr SadButTrue 87
Interracial dating is gross! (Nov '10) 4 hr SadButTrue 104
White women are extremely jealous of bw! 4 hr SadButTrue 50
More from around the web