Do egyptians consider theirselves Afr...

Do egyptians consider theirselves African or Arab?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Annulie

Rahway, NJ

#1 Oct 2, 2009
I just wanted to know.
white is right

India

#2 Oct 2, 2009
I expect they consider themselves "Egyptians".
We never hear of them raising a big row because they are black. They are certainly not Negroes. Ask one!
Annulie

Rahway, NJ

#3 Oct 2, 2009
white is right wrote:
I expect they consider themselves "Egyptians".
We never hear of them raising a big row because they are black. They are certainly not Negroes. Ask one!
Skip away little one, you might get yourself hurt one day.
Annulie

Rahway, NJ

#4 Oct 2, 2009
Now back to dicussion at hand.

Do egyptians consider theirselves Arab or African?

Since: Sep 09

Coquitlam, Canada

#5 Oct 2, 2009
I think many Egyptians consider themselves Arabs on a cultural basis because Arabic is a national language, Egyptian on a nationality basis and African on a common basis
I was watching the U20 World Cup and Ghanna was playing England,the Egyptian crowd were cheering for Ghanna
Annulie

Rahway, NJ

#6 Oct 2, 2009
Abu Khalifa Al Marocco wrote:
I think many Egyptians consider themselves Arabs on a cultural basis because Arabic is a national language, Egyptian on a nationality basis and African on a common basis
I was watching the U20 World Cup and Ghanna was playing England,the Egyptian crowd were cheering for Ghanna
Oh, I understand. I was asking because their country is in Africa but their language and culture seems to be more arabic. Thanks for the decent reply.
TalesByMoonlight

Swansea, UK

#7 Oct 2, 2009
Why don't you go and ask the Egyptians in their own forum
c diddy

Deville, LA

#8 Oct 2, 2009
it depends on which Egyptians your taking about....i would think the igigenous Nubian, Bedja, etc Egyptians would think of themselves as African and the decendent of Middle Eastern(arab, Persian, Asian,etc) as well as arabasized idigenous Egyptians would feel more arab.
white is wrong

Rahway, NJ

#9 Oct 2, 2009
TalesByMoonlight wrote:
Why don't you go and ask the Egyptians in their own forum
Didn't know they had one.
suleeqa

Germany

#10 Oct 2, 2009
arab
Annulie

Rahway, NJ

#11 Oct 2, 2009
Oh sorry I was trying to play a prank on white is right and forgot to change my name back. Sorry for the confusuion.

Oh and didn't know they had one.
Ichi Ku Park

Palau

#12 Oct 2, 2009
Any kneegrows in Egypt today are the descendants of black slaves imported from the south.

Once a slave, always a slave.
Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#13 Oct 2, 2009
they consider theirself as egyptians not africans or arabs
Annulie

Rahway, NJ

#14 Oct 2, 2009
Ichi Ku Park wrote:
Any kneegrows in Egypt today are the descendants of black slaves imported from the south.
Once a slave, always a slave.
How about I enslave you and whip you till you bleed massively out your back and cut open your wounds and pour salt in it until you die a slow, agonizing death.
TOP FLIGHT

Powder Springs, GA

#15 Oct 2, 2009
Who is referenced when using the term African? African as referring to individuals, meaning....?

“I have finally found my voice”

Since: May 09

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Oct 2, 2009
c diddy wrote:
it depends on which Egyptians your taking about....i would think the igigenous Nubian, Bedja, etc Egyptians would think of themselves as African and the decendent of Middle Eastern(arab, Persian, Asian,etc) as well as arabasized idigenous Egyptians would feel more arab.
Egyptians are not black . Some have darker skin but they aren't black They are Arabic and Arabs in the Us are considered white by the census bureau . I have many Egyptian friend some have very light complexions too, even lighter then me. The girl she is talking about is Arab and Arabs are considered white by the census . I have many Indians friends many Egyptian Muslim and Christian friends. I use to live in Mi and they're just Arab I said CONSIDERED white in the US but are Arabs! I know this for a fact ! I'm also an Arab. In applications we choose white.
On applications there isn't Middle Eastern decent.
Egyptians are Arabs get over it!

"Arab Republic of Egypt"

Is the name of the country!
Egyptians call themself Arab or Egyptian usually. most Egyptians are not mixed. Mixed is a small portion in Egypt. And genetically, they would still be the same race. If a French and Egyptian have children, the children are still Caucasian/white so it doesn't matter anyway.
Also African is black but black isn't African. If you are Northern African, you are Caucasian which is white. Caucasian races extend from Europe to the Middle East to Northern Africa and everywhere in between. Just because people in Egypt are darker than someone from Iceland doesn't mean they're not Caucasian. Skin tone has nothing to do with anything. I have friends from North Africa who are paler then Nicole Kidman and they're not mixed. There are Pakistani people who are darker than Africans. The genetic race is Caucasian which is white. You don't actually have to be pale to qualify as white.

“I have finally found my voice”

Since: May 09

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 2, 2009
typo Arabic = Arab
Jamaludeen

Arnhem, Netherlands

#18 Oct 2, 2009
african means someone from africa nothing more.

egypt is an arab country in africa. its people are arabs and the culture is arabic.

theres no ethnicity,culture,race,languag e called african.
nasser

Denmark

#19 Oct 2, 2009
Annulie wrote:
I just wanted to know.
we consider ouselves afrikan, siwi, dom, copt, ababda, greek, arab, bedouin, hadareb , egyptian, black, white, muslim, human beings
TalesByMoonlight

Swansea, UK

#20 Oct 2, 2009
Annulie wrote:
<quoted text>
How about I enslave you and whip you till you bleed massively out your back and cut open your wounds and pour salt in it until you die a slow, agonizing death.
Dayum!!!!! hahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Mr. Hitler... Come down from heaven, we ne... 5 min TWERKIN FOR JESUS 9
BLACK WOMEN do you still love Omarosa ? 6 min Downer 9
White people the biggest government handout rec... 8 min coretta 22
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Yeah 1,579,234
SUBHUMAN Primates, You Really Think Anyone is I... 10 min The Laughing Axe 2
I have token white friends. 11 min coretta 55
Look at the balloon lips on this gorilla 16 min The Laughing Axe 12
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 24 min Trump is a joke 79
Cavebeasts of Topix 35 min Harrisson 27
I'm opening up a 'custom' rope store. For all y... 3 hr Yisraelite Suprem... 18
More from around the web