Why Black women have the BEST hair
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#66 Jun 3, 2013
I do notice a lot more black women ate rockin their natural hair. I am and many more. And with all honesty, I do notice more Latinas in hair places scoping wigs and tracks. Im not trying to bash them, but I do see it. I'm so proud of my black women so far. =D
Spit-Fire

Stone Mountain, GA

#67 Jun 3, 2013
sincerely waverly wrote:
I'm the only one in my family that has gone natural :) but it's okay. My sisters and mom are relaxed but their hair is very healthy so it doesn't matter
I don't know if we would have stuck it out if we were not supporting each other. None of us did the big chop and slowly cutting the perm out and transitioning during the summer was not very bright. Those first couple of months were ROUGH ..lololol!
But I can honestly say, I have never loved my hair more. Its thicker, longer and softer. Carol's Daughter is the bees knees:)

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

United States

#68 Jun 3, 2013
Jesuspieceand love wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that's sooooo beautiful (imagining it darker like you said)!!!!!! And I know what you mean. We can play in the rain without fretting f our hair is going to fall. Our hair always bounces back up. P,us we contain no odors, nor sweat in our hair. That's just how our hair was fortunately created. People ask, why don't black women wash their hair? Well, we do, we just don't have to wash it constantly like other races do. Think of the reason why they HAVE to wash their hair all the time. It gets dirty faster, unlike blacks hair.=)
i love hair like that ^_^ so happy mine is like that. Yep were very lucky to have such versatile hair. And your right we don't. Actually we shouldn't anyways. All washing does is strip our natural oils and leaves our hair brittle and dull.:S yuck! And since our hair is much thicker it protects our scalps very well. Plus other ethnic groups dont moisturize their hair well enough. Most bw do :-D I only need to clarify my hair once a month because it never gets dirty lol yay.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

United States

#69 Jun 3, 2013
Yep cause when I lived in Arizona most of the Hispanic women wore extensions and wigs. The bw were wearing braids and such. Guess they were transitioning into natural?:) I'd love to see what your hair looks like! Are you newly natural?^_~

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

United States

#70 Jun 3, 2013
Spit-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if we would have stuck it out if we were not supporting each other. None of us did the big chop and slowly cutting the perm out and transitioning during the summer was not very bright. Those first couple of months were ROUGH ..lololol!
But I can honestly say, I have never loved my hair more. Its thicker, longer and softer. Carol's Daughter is the bees knees:)
I know what you mean lol it was rough fot me too! My mom was pretty upset when I had cut the rest of my relaxed ends off. But she got over. Now she likes it :) same goes for me. Its no longer limp..and pretty shiny too. I haven't tried that? o.o i use Giovanni direct leave in and some oils at night.

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#71 Jun 3, 2013
sincerely waverly wrote:
<quoted text>
i love hair like that ^_^ so happy mine is like that. Yep were very lucky to have such versatile hair. And your right we don't. Actually we shouldn't anyways. All washing does is strip our natural oils and leaves our hair brittle and dull.:S yuck! And since our hair is much thicker it protects our scalps very well. Plus other ethnic groups dont moisturize their hair well enough. Most bw do :-D I only need to clarify my hair once a month because it never gets dirty lol yay.
You know, I love how we are so confident, content and embrace what we have. We are so beautiful, and we must ignore all the nay Sayers (majority of people) who tell us the contrary. We have so many positive attributes about ourselves that are unique. Your hair is beautiful and I can show you an example of mine. And I don't know why Latinas are buying fake had when it looks the same as their real hair. They already receive praise out the wazoo, what's the deal ? Lol. Anyways, I like how you are so positive about yourself, I respect that in a fellow black woman.=)

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#73 Jun 3, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. BW hair look full of life. It's NOT thin, limp & flat.
Why thank you, Redefined.:)
JustMe

Peoria, IL

#74 Jun 3, 2013
Jesuslove wrote:
<quoted text>
Approximately 3 years and I feel good. It's soft and I dyed it red so it'll pop. Lol. A lot of people love it, including my boyfriend. How about you, how long have you been natural for.
It's not natural if you dyed it red.

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#75 Jun 3, 2013
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not natural if you dyed it red.
The texture is natural.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

United States

#76 Jun 4, 2013
Jesuspieceand love wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I love how we are so confident, content and embrace what we have. We are so beautiful, and we must ignore all the nay Sayers (majority of people) who tell us the contrary. We have so many positive attributes about ourselves that are unique. Your hair is beautiful and I can show you an example of mine. And I don't know why Latinas are buying fake had when it looks the same as their real hair. They already receive praise out the wazoo, what's the deal ? Lol. Anyways, I like how you are so positive about yourself, I respect that in a fellow black woman.=)
We are amazing women. People try so hard to bring us down but we can't let them. We gotta love ourselves.:) thank you very much, and im sure it's beautiful. I have no idea, most of them already have long enough hair. Lol why add MORE onto it.
I have to stay positive, without optimism life seems pointless.^_^

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#77 Jun 4, 2013
sincerely waverly wrote:
<quoted text>
We are amazing women. People try so hard to bring us down but we can't let them. We gotta love ourselves.:) thank you very much, and im sure it's beautiful. I have no idea, most of them already have long enough hair. Lol why add MORE onto it.
I have to stay positive, without optimism life seems pointless.^_^
Hehehe, your right, i admire your positivity. And we do have to fight through these hectic situations. After all, it's black women vs. the whole world.=)

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

United States

#78 Jun 4, 2013
Jesuspieceand love wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehe, your right, i admire your positivity. And we do have to fight through these hectic situations. After all, it's black women vs. the whole world.=)
A sad thought but most of the time true:(
^_^ I read that you dyed your hair. I think that's cool, I want to dye mine black but im scared it won't come out right :(

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79 Jun 4, 2013
sincerely waverly wrote:
<quoted text>
A sad thought but most of the time true:(
^_^ I read that you dyed your hair. I think that's cool, I want to dye mine black but im scared it won't come out right :(
When i was perming I dyed my hair jet black. I loved it. It was so black it kinda looked blue.
Everytime I was natural, including this time, I dont dye. I think its best to keep out as many chemicals as possible.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

United States

#80 Jun 5, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
When i was perming I dyed my hair jet black. I loved it. It was so black it kinda looked blue.
Everytime I was natural, including this time, I dont dye. I think its best to keep out as many chemicals as possible.
Oh really?? I just might do it. I know what you mean but you can do a natural dye with henna :) it was great results

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81 Jun 5, 2013
Never tried natural dye. henna huh?
I consider myself a "mixtress" so I have to look into that one. thanks

“Happy & Content”

Level 2

Since: May 13

Savannah, GA

#83 Jul 5, 2013
910disaster wrote:
I love threads like this...great pics.
I cant wait for my fro to get some height. Last time it took a little over 2 yrs. This time I am about 3 months into a BC...rocking the curly mini fro :)
It will catch some height before you know it!
Just keep it moisturized and away from all the heat and it will grow like nobody's business.. trust me I know ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Crossroads50 1,481,697
The Decline of USA is Unstoppable 4 min Post USA Era 6
what do women love about Arab men? (Aug '08) 8 min Hansome middle ea... 2,083
Trump inauguration 8 min PorchHonkey 5
Trump's sparse inauguration crowd. 14 min TrumponhisThroneC... 19
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 32 min RW Liars 234
whitey is back in the white house 36 min ugly monkeys 17
No more BM/BW couple? Is black love dead? 1 hr King 88
Eurocentric Myth Busters: Blacks Are Naturally ... 2 hr Barros chingon 89
More from around the web