COMMENTARY: Should Pastor Apologize f...

COMMENTARY: Should Pastor Apologize for Calling Black Women 'Hoes'?

There are 51 comments on the WDBZ-AM Cincinnati story from Apr 4, 2014, titled COMMENTARY: Should Pastor Apologize for Calling Black Women 'Hoes'?. In it, WDBZ-AM Cincinnati reports that:

I won't attend a church where the Senior Pastor disrespectfully refers to black women as "hoes."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDBZ-AM Cincinnati.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#34 Apr 15, 2014
Shave it!

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#35 Apr 15, 2014
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew something was wrong with Eddie Long about 10 years ago when he once said that women automatically went to haven. I haven't took him seriously since.
I never took a preacher seriously!
Where is kind Action

Beverly, MA

#36 Apr 16, 2014
It would be nice if churches turned to only doing one thing: take action when there is a clear need. Instead of sitting in a pew and listening to someone convince you that either everything you are is wrong or that everyone who does not think or act like the preacher is wrong, how about taking that hour to farm folks out to help others? Maybe there is a sick person who could use a bit of light housework, a handicapped child that might need some attention, an elderly man needs someone to walk his dog, cook a meal, wash his clothes, etc. etc. There are so many little things that we could do during that hour that much more resemble the love of Jesus than all this mind control that preachers are asked to do every Sunday. I care very little for what someone else thinks about the Bible. I am much more impressed by people who take action, getting out of their comfort zone and do things for others regardless of their religion. Nothing good comes from a weekly indoctrination that only results in judging others and doing nothing else. You can do that junk at home in front of a TV. A church should be a sanctuary of compassion and a place to plan only acts of kindness. I am so done with church as it is conducted these days. When the churches change, I might consider coming back.
Jumper the Gayboy

London, UK

#37 Apr 17, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Take it from me pimping an't easy.
for you it is hard, with an IQ of 70 like most blacks.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Apr 17, 2014
Anne wrote:
@KPTRL:
Those of us who object to his name-calling are definitely NOT blowing it out of proportion. This is not only because he has willingly assumed a position of moral authority by being a pastor, but also because it's indicative of his disrespect for women. It's even more troubling that his advice to cheated-on wives puts the onus on them to keep themselves attractive, as if that alone would keep someone from cheating.
Well, being attractive might help. Now you can go and complain because I do not ever want to come home to fat, ugly and stinking loud mouth wife when I can have all kinds of sweet and tender young girls. My problem is I would NEVER marry such a POS in the first place, much less "cheat" on her.

Anne wrote:
Keeping oneself up does contribute to good health and general attractiveness, but it doesn't address deep-seated issues involved in cheating. We have only to look at the examples of glamorous women like Halle Berry or Vanessa Williams to see that beauty doesn't necessarily keep men from straying
If you want to call THAT "beautiful... LOOOOL!!! Maybe they look good on the outside. But what do they look like on the inside? Do they nag and loud mouth in private?

Anne wrote:
Any advice that doesn't address the sense of entitlement and dishonesty that are a part of cheating is bound to be ineffective, which is why he should have addressed both men and women at the same time.
I do not see you females "addressing both men and women at the same time". You obviously have a double standard.
Anne wrote:
There are folks who still want to play the field in spite of being married, and they have no business in a marriage because they want to have their cake and eat it too.
Having ones cake and eating it too has nothing to do with being in or not being in a marriage. You are not thinking clearly, my friend.

Anne wrote:
Too many of them want a faithful spouse when they have no intention of being faithful themselves, so making oneself attractive doesn't address things like that. There are times that there are problems with the spouse that involve finances, relatives, and other issues, which cheating also can never address. In that case, if the problems can't be resolved, the couple just needs to split. A lot among us can't see this issue for what it is because too many of us are oblivious to the sexism among us. That's why so many can't see why what this pastor did was wrong.
Yeah. "Sexism" is a two-way street, it would seem. Besides, uttering such non-sense you have just uttered is stupid.

Now, bring it on. We all know that any man who does not subscribe 5to the feminazi point of view is going to be attacked.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#39 Apr 17, 2014
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
You may as well fire all pastors, because I haven't seen one who didn't slip up out the mouth wrong at least once. Remember he did apologize.
This thing about telling woman to look good etc...I didn't see that anywhere. I think he was basically telling women that having papers on a man doesn't mean he's not going to mess around, if she's not going to do the things she did when she got him. I've heard that plenty of women don't do the same things they did before or when they married the man. Some have even been known to do a complete 360 on a brother not long after he marries her, and hardly does nothing. I think that's the group the minister was addressing. Not all, but most men I know who messed around, did it because the wife wasn't giving them any, or she was always too tired etc... These are the ones he was saying were in danger of their husbands finding it in the streets. You know how they say: "The message isn't always for everybody". But I still say that a pastor shouldn't visit this area unless he is will to address both sexes on the spot.
But the uproar was about him referring to a whore as a hoe. That was the title of the article. There is always going to be mixed feelings about that, but as I said, he did apologize. But nobody ever wants to address the reality of so many BW whores in the street for these husbands to fornicate with in the first place. If you really live in the D.C. area, and know the history, then you know what I'm talking about. That's been swept under the rug for nearly 30 years. I guess they rather be more concerned about what name you call them, while they grow in numbers at earlier ages. That's a major part of the problem right their. But if everybody is going to continue to turn their head, then expect the fire to keep getting hotter. A 12 year-old could have seen this coming years ago. It's gets very hard not to just want to give up on black people sometimes, and just let the wind talk to them.
They will flag you for even mentioning the h-word in this forum. For example, I said Cleopatra was an h-word because clearly she was gaping her legs to every white boy could see. And that harmed the entire African Nation because it led to the collapse of the Egyptian dynasty. But if you say that here, all kinds of trouble will come out of the woodwork.

Another no-no is to say that perverts are q-wodrs. That is why I call them queens. Nobody can claim that a queen is a bad word. I mean they can, but even liberal feminazis know that it is stupid to do that.
Anne

Washington, DC

#40 Apr 17, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, being attractive might help. Now you can go and complain because I do not ever want to come home to fat, ugly and stinking loud mouth wife when I can have all kinds of sweet and tender young girls. My problem is I would NEVER marry such a POS in the first place, much less "cheat" on her.
<quoted text>
If you want to call THAT "beautiful... LOOOOL!!! Maybe they look good on the outside. But what do they look like on the inside? Do they nag and loud mouth in private?
<quoted text>
I do not see you females "addressing both men and women at the same time". You obviously have a double standard.
<quoted text>
Having ones cake and eating it too has nothing to do with being in or not being in a marriage. You are not thinking clearly, my friend.
<quoted text>
Yeah. "Sexism" is a two-way street, it would seem. Besides, uttering such non-sense you have just uttered is stupid.
Now, bring it on. We all know that any man who does not subscribe 5to the feminazi point of view is going to be attacked.
I see you took parts of my posts to disagree with just to be disagreeable. Of course, it goes without saying that women AND men need to keep themselves attractive. Does that sound like a double standard? Just the same, there are men AND women who will never be satisfied with one partner, so they have no business getting married in the first place. I referred to the cheating men, though, because the subject matter is about what he said wives should do to about cheating husbands. In cases where spouses want to have their cake and eat it too (Yeah, I said it again), simply keeping oneself up doesn't stop cheating. It also goes without saying that the wife can be a source of problems just like the husband can, but again someone who thinks he or she should be able to have it both ways has problems that having a physically attractive , non-nagging mate doesn't address. Yes, they SHOULD have been addressed at the same time, because infidelity in a marriage concerns both partners. I take back nothing I said in any of my posts, because my concerns are about both men and women. There are black men who understand that sexism either way is destructive, and there are others like you who get defensive and vitriolic when faced with the existence of facts that don't suit you. Since I remember very well that you called the screech owl known as Sarah Palin "hot," I really don't care whether you respect my opinion as to who's attractive. Coming from the likes of you, I consider being called a "feminazi" a compliment. It's obvious that my posts hit a nerve with you. It explains your defensiveness.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#42 Apr 17, 2014
It is pathetic that we can never have an intelligent of civilized discussion without trading insults with stupid Dummyrat liberal idiots. Why cannot those people ever use their heads to think rather than ape whatever the white man and woman say?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#43 Apr 17, 2014
Jumper the Gayboy wrote:
<quoted text>for you it is hard, with an IQ of 70 like most blacks.
You misunderstand gay boy.I show you no disrespect in this matter.

As you may not have not delt directly with American blacks I forgive YOUR ignorance
Anne

Washington, DC

#44 Apr 18, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
It is pathetic that we can never have an intelligent of civilized discussion without trading insults with stupid Dummyrat liberal idiots. Why cannot those people ever use their heads to think rather than ape whatever the white man and woman say?
You need to look in the mirror, because that definitely applies to YOU. I was having a civilized, intelligent conversation with another poster, with some points of disagreement. You decided to insert yourself and prove that you can't disagree without being disagreeable. It's comical that you were willing to vote for Willard Romney, who got 61% of the white vote back in 2012, based largely on your opposition to Barack Obama. Yet you want to criticize those of us who see clearly that there are different types of oppression that operate simultaneously by dismissively calling it "aping." With black women, it's both racism and misogyny. So, there is that thing called intersectionality which cites the different types of oppression everyday Americans are subjected to simultaneously. Sexism is another matter because it has also hurt both men and women, and in the case of black folks, it's another thing that can hold us all back if not addressed. If someone wants to have an argument about the validity of an ideology, they have to do better than simply dismiss it because they consider it "Eurocentric."

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#45 Apr 18, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look in the mirror, because that definitely applies to YOU. I was having a civilized, intelligent conversation with another poster, with some points of disagreement. You decided to insert yourself and prove that you can't disagree without being disagreeable. It's comical that you were willing to vote for Willard Romney, who got 61% of the white vote back in 2012, based largely on your opposition to Barack Obama. Yet you want to criticize those of us who see clearly that there are different types of oppression that operate simultaneously by dismissively calling it "aping." With black women, it's both racism and misogyny. So, there is that thing called intersectionality which cites the different types of oppression everyday Americans are subjected to simultaneously. Sexism is another matter because it has also hurt both men and women, and in the case of black folks, it's another thing that can hold us all back if not addressed. If someone wants to have an argument about the validity of an ideology, they have to do better than simply dismiss it because they consider it "Eurocentric."
Okay, idiot. So I did not read it. And because I know you are a half-witted nutcase, I am going to put you on ignore and not read anything g else you post. Oh ! I am soooo effing mean.
Bring it 2ya Raw

United States

#46 Apr 18, 2014
The truth is the truth. 75% unwed mothers, what other answer is there ??

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#47 Apr 18, 2014
Bring it 2ya Raw wrote:
The truth is the truth. 75% unwed mothers, what other answer is there ??
Any of those sicko female dogs who cannot see that this is a problem that they themselves have created needs to be shot.
Anne

Washington, DC

#48 Apr 18, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, idiot. So I did not read it. And because I know you are a half-witted nutcase, I am going to put you on ignore and not read anything g else you post. Oh ! I am soooo effing mean.
Who cares how "mean" you are? I've had some good laughs at your expense as I read how you constantly contradict yourself. No wonder you can't respond to logic or facts. And thank you for not responding to my posts. Believe me, you won't be missed, especially since I didn't invite your
"commentary" in the first place.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#49 Apr 18, 2014
When we are not dealing with feminazis trying to bluff their sick and stupid ideas on us, we are dealing with homonazis.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#50 Apr 18, 2014
Blacks do know their ribbs.
Anne

Washington, DC

#51 Apr 19, 2014
Sunshine wrote:
Thanks to Jay Z, Now all women are called Bitches and Hoes. Why no one ever talks about how whorish men are? Dipping their sticks in "hoes" and in Men. You can be Betty Crocker in the kitchen, Carmen Electra in the bedroom, ride a stripper pole with your eyes closed, Even look like Beyoncé. It will never be enough because the whorish man is going to cheat. I'm sure that Pastor is sleeping with the ladies in the congregation as well. That is why people stay away from church. What a joke.
Men try to talk shet about whores but will give up their whole paycheck just to satisfy them. The reason why black men seek WW is not for comfort. It's because their easy
For the most part, you have summed up my feelings on this subject with a lot fewer words. For someone who's inclined to cheat because he or she is unable to settle down, or chooses to avoid dealing with problems in his or her marriage, it doesn't matter if they have an ideal mate. It's something missing in them, and no amount of perfection in their spouses will ever be able to address their character deficits. The decision to cheat or not to comes from within, and is that person's decision alone. Since I don't personally know the pastor, I will refrain from speculation about his marriage. However, he obviously has issues when it comes to respecting women, and his calling the women in adulterous relationships names is just a symptom of those issues. You make a very good point about why people who are believers stay away from churches, because they don't want to witness the hypocrisy of SOME pastors who indulge in the very behavior they condemn. As for black men who seek out white women because they think they are "easy," they may very well be in for a rude awakening. While there are white women with low self-esteem who are easy prey regardless of a man's race, there are other white women who have an aversion to dealing with black men. Then, others simply have the kind of self-respect and perceptiveness that enable them to spot when someone's trying to run a game on them, just like most of us. If thinking a woman is easy is the reason any man deals with her, he deserves any negative consequence that comes his way.
No Appologies Neccesssary

Ithaca, NY

#52 Apr 19, 2014
A man of the clothe should never have to apologize. For one thing he talks to God directly. How many people can say that!! He represents all that is good in the world and if he says women or black women are hos how can anybody even be upset about that?

Give this man of God all the lea way he needs to speak the truth. We all need to follow in his grace and hope to be forgiven of all our earthly sins.

I hope someday to be allowed into heaven to have eternal life with all my wholly brothers and wholly sisters.

BTW, Have a wonderful Easter when Jesus rose from the dead.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#57 Apr 19, 2014
Black women are somtimes taken for granted.
I was working for this black preacher and he introduced his wife,then in front of me he ordered her to go wash his socks and underwear like she was a maid or somthing.
But that might be a cultural thing.
Anne

Silver Spring, MD

#58 Apr 20, 2014
No Appologies Neccesssary wrote:
A man of the clothe should never have to apologize. For one thing he talks to God directly. How many people can say that!! He represents all that is good in the world and if he says women or black women are hos how can anybody even be upset about that?
Give this man of God all the lea way he needs to speak the truth. We all need to follow in his grace and hope to be forgiven of all our earthly sins.
I hope someday to be allowed into heaven to have eternal life with all my wholly brothers and wholly sisters.
BTW, Have a wonderful Easter when Jesus rose from the dead.
Preachers are fallible human beings like the rest of us, and I relate best to those who don't pretend to be perfect. I also relate best to those who hold men and women equally accountable for their transgressions, which he obviously does not. If name-calling like he did is "talking to God directly," then it's no wonder that many people who are genuinely pious become alienated because of pastors with that kind of mentality. He SHOULD be expected to adhere to higher moral standards than those who follow him, but that's not always the case. There are preachers who twist the messages of the Bible in order to support evil done against other human beings, like slavery, the Jim Crow system, or discriminating against women. So no matter what our individual devoutness is, it's important not to leave our critical thinking skills outside the church. That way, if someone who claims to be a man or woman of God is saying one thing and doing another, people will be less surprised and disappointed at realizing this person is only a human, and sometimes a dangerously flawed one at that like Jim Jones, David Koresch, and others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 min KiloEcho 43,680
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 5 min southern at heart 614
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min DBWriter 1,375,356
Mexican Drug Cartels vs Black Panthers (Mar '12) 22 min RMGHispanic Causi... 149
Donald Trump bring the racist out of white people 26 min RMGHispanic Causi... 8
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 26 min Don Barros Serrano 6,723
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 30 min Don Barros Serrano 32,062
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 1 hr dreamhunk 3,655
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr Moses 133,433
Why all black women must breed with white men! 4 hr Absimil 49
More from around the web