La Raza says it's not ignoring Trayvo...

La Raza says it's not ignoring Trayvon Martin case

There are 37 comments on the WMTW-TV Auburn story from Mar 28, 2012, titled La Raza says it's not ignoring Trayvon Martin case. In it, WMTW-TV Auburn reports that:

The National Council of La Raza responded to accusations on Wednesday by critics such as conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh that the civil rights organization has not been vocal enough during the Trayvon Martin controversy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMTW-TV Auburn.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

0h-Really

“YOU can't AFFORD”

Since: Feb 12

Four more years

#21 Mar 30, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
Witnesses lie all the time as evidenced here:
http://wavenewspapers.com/news/article_669e49...
I've heard of "suicide by cop", but now, black on black murder by cop...???...
LMAO! Where the fk is Al "it's so hard to be so black" Sharpton on THIS one?

a--x--e

“Putrifying Trayvon...”

Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Grateful Nation

#22 Mar 30, 2012
0h-Really wrote:
Obama must be more worried about the latino vote than the black vote, given his typically limp-wristed stance on this one...lol!!!
Oh, he's worried alright...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270...

0h-Really

“YOU can't AFFORD”

Four more years

#23 Mar 30, 2012
a--x--e wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, he's worried alright...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270...
"All the books written about the creation of economic policy within his administration make clear the president and his aides didn't know it was so bad, didn't understand the depth of the crisis, didn't have a sense of how long it would last. They didn't have their mind on what the American people had their mind on."
I've heard that. Didn't Biden us the word "miscalculated" around the time of Cash for Clunkers?

"The constitutional law professor from the University of Chicago didn't notice the centerpiece of his agenda was not constitutional? How did that happen?"
SSimple...he's was never any more qualified for that distinction than for the Nobel Peace Prize.

" It was the Republicans' fault. They didn't want to work with him. "
...Solyndra, anyone?

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#24 Mar 30, 2012
miguel wrote:
<quoted text>U and largent r such ignorants.
Yet we are legal.

Level 4

Location hidden

#26 Mar 30, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you think, simpleton, lol. Everyone? You mean 12% of the world's population that can't get along with the rest of the world's races, unless they're starting wars, stealing resources, deposing other countries rulers, is that what you mean about everyone? lol.
In 50 years, the Hispanics you're trying to rile up against Blacks will turn on you all because they will be the majority! There will be a President Gonzales and the national language will be Spanish and the national dish will be rice and beans! lol.
Viva La Hispanics, racist ahole!
You can't even run your own damn country, how are you going to take ours?

Level 4

Location hidden

#29 Apr 1, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>What country do you think I hail from, azz hole? I am from this country and you're simple ass is from Mars.
Shut up, captain, stupid.
f you live here you should get the hell out.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#30 Apr 1, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/kend...

This case illustrates how a lie can cause someone to lose his life, when the police are not told the truth, in this case by a Latino. And the police in turn, kill an unarmed person based on that lie.
And Nothing But The Truth

United States

#31 Apr 1, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2012/03/29/kendrec-mcdade-shoo ting-p_n_1387033.html
This case illustrates how a lie can cause someone to lose his life, when the police are not told the truth, in this case by a Latino. And the police in turn, kill an unarmed person based on that lie.
It's the fault of the police officer(s) for not having constraint over themselves, which is already taught to them in the academy. Just because someone says someone has a gun doesn't make it their fault when/if police shoot that suspect for "reaching at their waistband" for no reason when confronted by the police.

That also brings into question whether the police officer is even telling the truth! Logically, WHY would ANYone reach for their waistband when the police tell them to "freeze" or "stop," yet that suspect has no weapon(s) on them to reach for to begin with?

I know damn well the first place my hands are going are UP in the air if/when I hear police screaming to stop or "freeze, police!" because I know they most likely have their gun(s) drawn on me already (imagining myself being the suspect or criminal in this case)!

Was the cop lying because the guy DID NOT, in fact, reach for his waistband yet the cop negligently shot the suspect (itchy trigger finger)?

Too bad cameras weren't there to catch it. That's why police officers need cameras on them all the time to keep an eye on them and make sure they do their job correctly. Then they truly would show much more constraint, knowing this video footage can be brought against them in a court of law and they'll easily lose the case with their word alone meaning nothing, because VIDEO doesn't lie!

All the Latino guy can be charged with is: disclosing false information (lying) to the 911 operator. That's it! If that's even a crime where he lives, I don't know.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#32 Apr 4, 2012
And Nothing But The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the fault of the police officer(s) for not having constraint over themselves, which is already taught to them in the academy. Just because someone says someone has a gun doesn't make it their fault when/if police shoot that suspect for "reaching at their waistband" for no reason when confronted by the police.
That also brings into question whether the police officer is even telling the truth! Logically, WHY would ANYone reach for their waistband when the police tell them to "freeze" or "stop," yet that suspect has no weapon(s) on them to reach for to begin with?
I know damn well the first place my hands are going are UP in the air if/when I hear police screaming to stop or "freeze, police!" because I know they most likely have their gun(s) drawn on me already (imagining myself being the suspect or criminal in this case)!
Was the cop lying because the guy DID NOT, in fact, reach for his waistband yet the cop negligently shot the suspect (itchy trigger finger)?
Too bad cameras weren't there to catch it. That's why police officers need cameras on them all the time to keep an eye on them and make sure they do their job correctly. Then they truly would show much more constraint, knowing this video footage can be brought against them in a court of law and they'll easily lose the case with their word alone meaning nothing, because VIDEO doesn't lie!
All the Latino guy can be charged with is: disclosing false information (lying) to the 911 operator. That's it! If that's even a crime where he lives, I don't know.
You make some good points, as the DA declined to pursue the involuntary manslaughter charge against the liar.

The liar is an illegal alien that was previously deported, so he will be deported again and probably be back in the USA lickety split due to lax border controls.

And we know the cop may not be entirely truthful, considering they did what amounts to a driveby on the young man.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

San Antonio, TX

#33 Jun 10, 2013
J-Town Ninjas OHH yEe AH wrote:
its because the guy is the offspring of a white man... same thing would happen happen with black activist if he were the offspring of a WM/BW... its cuz those groups are inherently racist, and the mothers are seen as race traitors... if the dad were latino and the mom was white, their reaction would be totally different
Most hispanic and black women that marry white men normally marry racist white men weird right?

I live in TX and the kids with hispanic dad's always identify as hispanic while the ones with white dad's don't they are also very racist towards non-whites.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#34 Jun 10, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
It figures La Raza would not want to step into this firestorm of controversy. It is of no benefit to them to side with Zimmerman since it does nothing to push their agenda for amnesty for illegals.
Zimmerman isn't Mexican and doesn't appear to identify culturally with Latinos.
The Incomparable Axe

Miami, FL

#35 Jun 10, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman isn't Mexican and doesn't appear to identify culturally with Latinos.
He's said several times that he self-identifies as Hispanic.

Isn't that supposed to be enough?
lawdy it beez waddymelon

Pittsburg, CA

#36 Jun 10, 2013
f**k treycoon and la raza, front group for mexicunt cartels!

Location hidden

#37 Jun 10, 2013
mee12345789 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most hispanic and black women that marry white men normally marry racist white men weird right?
I live in TX and the kids with hispanic dad's always identify as hispanic while the ones with white dad's don't they are also very racist towards non-whites.
Hispanic European-descended Latinas, of which there are tens of millions, who Marry USA Anglos might be unknowingly marrying one of the 33% USA Anglos who are part black or the other percent who are mixed with Indians. LOL!

Location hidden

#38 Jun 10, 2013
The Incomparable Axe wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Ramapithecus Estupidicus

Harrisburg, PA

#39 Jun 10, 2013
CaptainPeaceful wrote:
<quoted text>f you live here you should get the hell out.
Howza bouts yu vacating anda givin us sum fresh air?

Nowatameens?

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

San Antonio, TX

#40 Jun 12, 2013
The Incomparable Axe wrote:
<quoted text>
he is labeled as white in all of his records and he always identified as white untill he killed Trayvon.

Why? Maybe he wanted to water down the racial profiling he obviously did towards Trayvvon.

Also La Raza the biggest Hispanic organization doesnt recognize George as "Hispanic" and is siding with Trayvons defence team

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,394,854
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 3 min Skiff Azlaan 2
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 4 min Trumping On 192
USA: Record floods and fires 5 min Skiff Azlaan 1
The United State of Jones 7 min Hillbilly 5
Poll Can Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton? 10 min Don Barros Serrano 314
Black men who date White women are uncle toms! 21 min 2 Dogs 15
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 27 min KiloEcho 46,279
The UK has left the EU 50 min Oh No You Di-nt 89
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 1 hr Don Barros Serrano 32,580
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 hr yisarel 135,980
More from around the web