La Raza says it's not ignoring Trayvo...

La Raza says it's not ignoring Trayvon Martin case

There are 37 comments on the WMTW-TV Auburn story from Mar 28, 2012, titled La Raza says it's not ignoring Trayvon Martin case. In it, WMTW-TV Auburn reports that:

The National Council of La Raza responded to accusations on Wednesday by critics such as conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh that the civil rights organization has not been vocal enough during the Trayvon Martin controversy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMTW-TV Auburn.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Mar 29, 2012
It figures La Raza would not want to step into this firestorm of controversy. It is of no benefit to them to side with Zimmerman since it does nothing to push their agenda for amnesty for illegals.

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 29, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
It figures La Raza would not want to step into this firestorm of controversy. It is of no benefit to them to side with Zimmerman since it does nothing to push their agenda for amnesty for illegals.
Right. And they can't go against liberals.

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 29, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
That isn't even the issue. The issue is that fat, pos, Limbaugh trying to stir up racial tensions between blacks and hispanics. Talk about devious and hateful. I think their response was brilliant and on target. It also sends a message to the bigots that think they can exploit this issue and cause a rift between the two minority races which is something some of them would love to do. I am happy to see that La Raza did not play into their hands nor their divisive and evil attempts at causing friction.

There's a special place in hell for Limbaugh. Lard arse, junkie.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Mar 29, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>That isn't even the issue. The issue is that fat, pos, Limbaugh trying to stir up racial tensions between blacks and hispanics. Talk about devious and hateful. I think their response was brilliant and on target. It also sends a message to the bigots that think they can exploit this issue and cause a rift between the two minority races which is something some of them would love to do. I am happy to see that La Raza did not play into their hands nor their divisive and evil attempts at causing friction.
There's a special place in hell for Limbaugh. Lard arse, junkie.
there's already a rift between blackd and mexicans, who are the largest hispanic group.
miguel

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Mar 29, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
U and largent r such ignorants.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#6 Mar 29, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
there's already a rift between blackd and mexicans, who are the largest hispanic group.
Such is true, they didn't want to throw gas on the fire.

They have managed to get Al Sharpton to march with them in AZ much to my chagrin, since the border crosser issue has nothing to do with Blacks who were brought here against their will in most cases.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#7 Mar 29, 2012
Witnesses lie all the time as evidenced here:

http://wavenewspapers.com/news/article_669e49...

Level 5

Location hidden

#8 Mar 29, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps on the west coast and in prisons, but on the east coast, unless it's gang or drug related (majority of problems with Mexicans and their racisim) there aren't as many problem and they usually back each other.

The issues with the Mexicans seems to be centered on the West Coast and yes, it is pretty bad. However, Zimmerman is half-hispanic and his mother is Perviuan, not Mexican nor the traditonal hispanic groups in this country. He's more white than he is hispanic as his last name implies. Why should any hispanic be up in arms over him? He would have just as soon shot a Mexican or other hispanic in a hoodie as he would have a black. He was sterotyping people who entered his neighbor, despite the fact that blacks and hispanics lived there too!
thomas

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Mar 29, 2012
Hispanics think they are better than black people. It has to do with the slave trade. What is a Hispanic. Hispanic means descendent of Hispania. Hispania is the ancient name of Spain and Portugal. According to US history, Spain or Hispania participated in the transfer and ownership of black people. Hispanics consider themselves as descendents of an ancient european empire. And in this empire, they are taught that black people are the lowest form of human life.

“It really don't matter”

Level 4

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Mar 29, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps on the west coast and in prisons, but on the east coast, unless it's gang or drug related (majority of problems with Mexicans and their racisim) there aren't as many problem and they usually back each other.
The issues with the Mexicans seems to be centered on the West Coast and yes, it is pretty bad. However, Zimmerman is half-hispanic and his mother is Perviuan, not Mexican nor the traditonal hispanic groups in this country. He's more white than he is hispanic as his last name implies. Why should any hispanic be up in arms over him? He would have just as soon shot a Mexican or other hispanic in a hoodie as he would have a black. He was sterotyping people who entered his neighbor, despite the fact that blacks and hispanics lived there too!
I was under the impression that most spanish speaking people from the east coast were Latino?

J-Town Ninjas OHH yEe AH

“Fair and Balanced”

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Mar 29, 2012
its because the guy is the offspring of a white man... same thing would happen happen with black activist if he were the offspring of a WM/BW... its cuz those groups are inherently racist, and the mothers are seen as race traitors... if the dad were latino and the mom was white, their reaction would be totally different

Level 5

Location hidden

#12 Mar 29, 2012
thomas wrote:
Hispanics think they are better than black people. It has to do with the slave trade. What is a Hispanic. Hispanic means descendent of Hispania. Hispania is the ancient name of Spain and Portugal. According to US history, Spain or Hispania participated in the transfer and ownership of black people. Hispanics consider themselves as descendents of an ancient european empire. And in this empire, they are taught that black people are the lowest form of human life.
This post sounds like it's from a white person doing their usual divide and conquer routine. There are white hispanics, but there are also black hispanics, i.e. Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Columbians, etc. These hispanics, identify with Blacks, but we don't share the same culture. They too are the decendants of slaves, brought to their native lands against their will and they too are mixed.

So you can forget about your attempts at division and study up more on the cultures of people you're attempting to describe. The devil is and will always be a liar!

Level 5

Location hidden

#13 Mar 29, 2012
J-Town Ninjas OHH yEe AH wrote:
its because the guy is the offspring of a white man... same thing would happen happen with black activist if he were the offspring of a WM/BW... its cuz those groups are inherently racist, and the mothers are seen as race traitors... if the dad were latino and the mom was white, their reaction would be totally different
One can safely assume that Zimmerman was fully assemiliated into the white culture. His mother worked as a court clerk. I doubt he had very much exposure to his mother's Peruvian culture or identified with it. If he's using it now, it's definitely fake. No more than Tiger Woods can say he's Asian or know a lot about the Asian culture. For all intents and purposes, despite his Blasian statement, he, like president Obama, is perceived as Black. End of story. You are what your culture is or you were raised in.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#14 Mar 29, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>This post sounds like it's from a white person doing their usual divide and conquer routine. There are white hispanics, but there are also black hispanics, i.e. Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Columbians, etc. These hispanics, identify with Blacks, but we don't share the same culture. They too are the decendants of slaves, brought to their native lands against their will and they too are mixed.
So you can forget about your attempts at division and study up more on the cultures of people you're attempting to describe. The devil is and will always be a liar!
The East Coast appears to be home to more of the dark skinned Hispanics, out West there aren't too many Dominicans, Cubans or other dark skinned Hispanics. I don't hear so much about the Hispanic vs. Black violence on the East Coast. Out West it is pretty bad at times.

Level 5

Location hidden

#15 Mar 29, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
The East Coast appears to be home to more of the dark skinned Hispanics, out West there aren't too many Dominicans, Cubans or other dark skinned Hispanics. I don't hear so much about the Hispanic vs. Black violence on the East Coast. Out West it is pretty bad at times.
I've heard. Racisim exists in all racial groups and we can't escape that sad fact. I personally have never experienced any racisim from hispanics, Mexican's or otherwise, but I am sure it exists. I think what people need to realize is that you can't lump them all together into one group. Although they're spanish speaking, they each have different dialects, cultures, beliefs, etc., and are very proud of their distinct racial group. I know the Mexicans try to organize them into their gangs, but the Puerto Ricans have their own thing as well as the other groups. So it's anyone's guess what their thoughts are on this matter. I know they're not going to go out and march in support of Zimmerman, lol. It will be white racists only, lol. If he goes to prison, he's hit, lol. The Aryan Nation won't accept him because he's mixed, the latins for the same reason and because he's soft, so what's he going to do? lol. Big tough guy that he is...
Jose

Union City, NJ

#16 Mar 29, 2012
thomas wrote:
Well, they are.

Me meo.......Me meo.......Me meo.

Level 4

Location hidden

#17 Mar 29, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a "rift" between blacks and EVERYONE.

Level 5

Location hidden

#18 Mar 30, 2012
CaptainPeaceful wrote:
<quoted text>There's a "rift" between blacks and EVERYONE.
That's what you think, simpleton, lol. Everyone? You mean 12% of the world's population that can't get along with the rest of the world's races, unless they're starting wars, stealing resources, deposing other countries rulers, is that what you mean about everyone? lol.

In 50 years, the Hispanics you're trying to rile up against Blacks will turn on you all because they will be the majority! There will be a President Gonzales and the national language will be Spanish and the national dish will be rice and beans! lol.

Viva La Hispanics, racist ahole!

a--x--e

“Putrifying Trayvon...”

Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Grateful Nation

#19 Mar 30, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
racist ahole!
Take off your blinders.

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TIMGO6N8IGLB4...

0h-Really

“YOU can't AFFORD”

Four more years

#20 Mar 30, 2012
Obama must be more worried about the latino vote than the black vote, given his typically limp-wristed stance on this one...lol!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Reality Check 1,643,752
I feel like I can't be with a white guy if he's... 22 min Santiago Matamoras 121
Are Dominicans Black or Latino? (Sep '08) 24 min asset 979
Why do younger black men love older white women (Oct '11) 25 min Santiago Matamoras 81
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr Micha Ben Israel 137,317
White people stole from everyone in history wit... (Feb '12) 1 hr Santiago Matamoras 211
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 2 hr Santiago Matamoras 1,602
Homogeneity Is The ONLY Way To MAGA 5 hr KIR SUCKA 28
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 6 hr NotSoDivineMsM 390
More from around the web