WTF is going @ Barneys?

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#1 Oct 24, 2013
ANOTHER black Barneys shopper, 21, claims she was racially profiled when cops demanded to know how she could afford $2,500 designer handbag.

Kayla Phillips splashed out on the CĂ©line handbag at the Manhattan department store in February - and four cops approached her in the street
They eventually let her go after she showed them her ID - but she is now suing the NYPD for $5 million
It comes after Trayon Christian, 19, was hadcuffed after buying a $350 Salvatore Ferragamo belt and accused of fraud
Mr Christian is also suing Barneys and NYPD for unspecified damages

Maybe the people who profile black folk would like to see them get mega cash thru lawsuits.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24748...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 24, 2013
In both cases the workers were probably jealous that a black person can afford such luxury.

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#3 Oct 25, 2013
Male supermodel Tyson Beckford says he gets racially profiled 'all the time' in Barney's.

WTF would you keep on spending money @ this place?????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24769...

“The biggest risk you take”

Level 4

Since: May 13

is not taking one

#4 Oct 25, 2013
I'm still awaiting Jay Z's comments considering he's launching a new clothing line with Barney's.

Level 4

is not taking one

#5 Oct 25, 2013
*Barneys

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 25, 2013
LearnLiveLove wrote:
I'm still awaiting Jay Z's comments considering he's launching a new clothing line with Barney's.
If he pulled out this would send a strong message to all discriminating business owners. Brown people need to stick together and stay consistent. If one brownie was profiled then we would all be profiled.

Level 4

is not taking one

#7 Oct 25, 2013
Kola_Koca wrote:
<quoted text>
If he pulled out this would send a strong message to all discriminating business owners. Brown people need to stick together and stay consistent. If one brownie was profiled then we would all be profiled.
Agree. The pressure's on him. Let's see if he puts principles ahead of business.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#10 Oct 25, 2013
But let's be fair this was one store which could be a sign that they need new employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halloween Has Overtaken Thanksgiving IMO 1 min el rey de los cam... 5
5 crackers arrested for 1983 hate crime 2 min Paul 48
Can America Become 80% White Again? 2 min KIR SUCKA 213
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min BlueFlag 1,620,466
Chinese Museum Africa Exhibit 8 min KIR SUCKA 78
White men are superior 12 min New Flava 17
Europe - The Only Region in the World With NO B... 12 min Got_Rope 25
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 52 min Paul 28
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 2 hr el rey de los cam... 35,353
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 11 hr nope 1,578
More from around the web