Why do women in general prefer Dark S...
Kimberly

Southport, Australia

#81 Apr 10, 2012
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>Love your name.Are you black/white or mixed race Australian?Also do people really call aboroginies abbos?
Thank you :) Like yours too. I'm white. There are so little black men in this country, it's a shame. The ones that are down here are usually hounded and snatched up. Needless to say, there's a huge craving for black men here, since there are so little around.

Since: Jan 12

Taunton, UK

#82 Apr 10, 2012
cooldude17 wrote:
I am working out kimmy.
That is good to hear C-dude.Sadly I wont be doing any kind of workout anytime soon,yesterday after saying goodnight on here I twisted my ankle in such a way I cant even walk without feeling pain.
I just sent you a message so check your inbox if not now whenever you can.

Since: Jan 12

Taunton, UK

#83 Apr 10, 2012
Kimberly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you :) Like yours too. I'm white. There are so little black men in this country, it's a shame. The ones that are down here are usually hounded and snatched up. Needless to say, there's a huge craving for black men here, since there are so little around.
Oh okay Im mixed race[black + white]I have heard that there are a lot of Australian women who love black men and of course there are a lot of Australians living in London.Thats kind of like the situation in the UK,theres not really enough to go around because there are white, black and mixed race women who all want black men.

RyGuy88

“Eyes Big as Child...:)”

Since: Apr 12

Mankato, MN

#84 Apr 10, 2012
Bulge Jet wrote:
I am a light skin male, and i did a survey to a whole bunch of different women to see if they preferred Light Skin or Dark skin men and to my suprise, the majority said Dark skin, and when I asked them why, some of them said its because "they have bigger d!cks (which is not true because I have a big one too) and they seem more masculine", where on the other hand lightskin men seem to be the complete opposite. Is that what you women really think of lightskin men? If so, you really need to come out of your closet. I blame the media, esppicially female celebrities that like to boast about dark skin men being the best which is false. Both men are best, all this self hate in the black community is ridiculous. Cant we all just get along despite the shades of our skin color
http://tinypic.com/view.php...

I don't hate on dark skinned black men tho. I don't see myself as any different from a dark skinned black male. I feel one with the black race more or less so when I see a dark skinned black male with a black female of any shade. I don't hate. Like for real. If I had to pick sides. I would pick the dark skinned black male over the white male any day of the week. When a black male is happy. I am happy. Let me put it that way. I feel like there is some odd connection with me and the rest of the black race. I am not out to prove myself to other black men.

“Day'n'Nite”

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#85 Apr 10, 2012
RyGuy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://tinypic.com/view.php...
I don't hate on dark skinned black men tho. I don't see myself as any different from a dark skinned black male. I feel one with the black race more or less so when I see a dark skinned black male with a black female of any shade. I don't hate. Like for real. If I had to pick sides. I would pick the dark skinned black male over the white male any day of the week. When a black male is happy. I am happy. Let me put it that way. I feel like there is some odd connection with me and the rest of the black race. I am not out to prove myself to other black men.
Thats great becuz I know too many trying to prove themselves. I wish you were my friend etc.@kimmy awww thats a shame I pray you feel better.

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#86 Apr 10, 2012
For some reason dark complexion black men are seen as manly,strong and dominate so I guess that's a turn on for some women but a lot of black women love the CHRIS BROWN looking type minus the a$& whippings lol
P-NUTT

United States

#87 Apr 10, 2012
Cooldude17 wrote:
Man lightskins I know 80 percent have gfs. Medium brown males are never included? And we are majority.
. I'm a Black woman and my coloring falls in the medium range ( honey to caramel) From what I see, the majority of dark-skinned Black men gravitate towards Black women my color or lighter. However, Black men who fall in the medium color range ( my color) and lighter have no problem dating and marrying dark-skinned Black women. My dad is a very HANDSOME red bone ( very fair- skinned) and my late mother was a BEAUTIFUL brown-skinned Black woman. My (4) siblings, like me, fall into the medim color range.My father's older brother was dark- skinned and married a red bone. Their (3) children (my cousins) are red bones, like their mother. Dark-skinned Black men are not necessarily preferred over light or medium colored Black men. It's just a matter of preference.

“Day'n'Nite”

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#88 Apr 10, 2012
I think it just depends if a girl likes me its becuz Im cool and handsome either way being my tone isnt a boost.

Since: Jan 12

Taunton, UK

#89 Apr 10, 2012
cooldude17 wrote:
I think it just depends if a girl likes me its becuz Im cool and handsome either way being my tone isnt a boost.
True but if a girl that you like also likes you and has a brownskin fetish im sure you wont be complaining.

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#90 Apr 10, 2012
RyGuy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://tinypic.com/view.php...
I don't hate on dark skinned black men tho. I don't see myself as any different from a dark skinned black male. I feel one with the black race more or less so when I see a dark skinned black male with a black female of any shade. I don't hate. Like for real. If I had to pick sides. I would pick the dark skinned black male over the white male any day of the week. When a black male is happy. I am happy. Let me put it that way. I feel like there is some odd connection with me and the rest of the black race. I am not out to prove myself to other black men.
You have a LOT of cream in the coffee! LOL but that doesn't matter..

I don't see why you feel rejected, a lot of BW love light skinned men, ie T.I, Chris Brown, and even Genuine. I guess it all depends on your approach and how you carry yourself.(swag)

Colorism exists more so with BW than BM. I don't know about anyone else, but as long as he's Black and we're compatible, I don't care what shade he is.

“Day'n'Nite”

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#91 Apr 10, 2012
Kimmy85 wrote:
<quoted text>True but if a girl that you like also likes you and has a brownskin fetish im sure you wont be complaining.
Youre cute kimmy lmao!

Since: Jan 12

Salisbury, UK

#92 Apr 11, 2012
cooldude17 wrote:
<quoted text>Youre cute kimmy lmao!
As are you my topix bestie.I dont see anything wrong with wanting someone who prefers you and has a kind of obsession for whatever you happen to be black/brown/white/other.Who really wants an international dater???

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#93 Apr 11, 2012
Blaq American Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a LOT of cream in the coffee! LOL but that doesn't matter..
I don't see why you feel rejected, a lot of BW love light skinned men, ie T.I, Chris Brown, and even Genuine. I guess it all depends on your approach and how you carry yourself.(swag)
Colorism exists more so with BW than BM. I don't know about anyone else, but as long as he's Black and we're compatible, I don't care what shade he is.
c/s you know good an well that sistas flip out over CHRIS BROWN ,Terrance Howard and they even flip out over DRAKES bi-racial ugly a$$ well he is ugly to me but the point is most black men don't suffer much with the color shi they get a pass must be nice

“Day'n'Nite”

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#94 Apr 11, 2012
Kimmy85 wrote:
<quoted text>
As are you my topix bestie.I dont see anything wrong with wanting someone who prefers you and has a kind of obsession for whatever you happen to be black/brown/white/other.Who really wants an international dater???
Im obsessed with you!

Since: Jan 12

Barnsley, UK

#95 Apr 11, 2012
cooldude17 wrote:
<quoted text>Im obsessed with you!
The feeling is mutual,I might have to go back to being your stalker again.Deal with it!!
Trey Songz is brownskinned I doubt if anyone ever ignored him when he was growing up.

“Day'n'Nite”

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#96 Apr 11, 2012
Kimmy85 wrote:
<quoted text>
The feeling is mutual,I might have to go back to being your stalker again.Deal with it!!
Trey Songz is brownskinned I doubt if anyone ever ignored him when he was growing up.
Lmao he didnt get girls til like 20 I will get braids.

Since: Jan 12

Pinner, UK

#97 Apr 11, 2012
cooldude17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao he didnt get girls til like 20 I will get braids.
Well he had braids too so im not sure braids are the Kryptonite that youre looking for,try Grillz instead they might help.
Turbo

United States

#98 Apr 13, 2012
Kenny just move 2 AFRICA.ITS DOPE HERE..Trust me here as long ur it doesnt matter what colour u r,but sadly derez no fly guys around here.. Dnt doubt who u r becuz u were made in GODs image and no elses so it doesnt matter what oderz thnk.Find a guy who luvs u 4 u and nt becuz ur dis light or dat dark.And if u havnt found him yet remain patient becuz once u find him ul realize its wz worth daa wait.u might be looking 4 stones but GOD has a diamoud waitin 4 u:)))
dte

Millsboro, DE

#99 Apr 13, 2012
lightskin dudes are off the chain...no matter what nobody thinks...

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#100 Apr 19, 2012
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really like pretty features on lightskin men.I prefer broad features and full lips on dark or lightskin.I like Michael Ealy, he was in the movie Takers with TI and Chris Brown,lightskin overload!!!
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres...
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres...
Many think lightskin men are less amsculine but people may be shocked at how many times I have seen prety boys beat the sh!t out of tougher looking darkskin guys. Some of these lightksin dudes get sick of being called pretty but the don't speak up. Instead they let all the anger build up until they snap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,480,525
Incest Child Sexual Abuse Alive And Well In Bla... (Jun '12) 4 min Dontarius 24
Things I don't like about myself. 7 min Jaslinda Jones 33
How black women change colors during sex 7 min ugly monkeys 3
Eurocentric Myth Busters: Blacks Are Naturally ... 8 min SobieskiSavedEurope 56
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 8 min Le Jimbo 222
John Lewis is one ugly Black man 13 min Charlie 5
No more BM/BW couple? Is black love dead? 6 hr Lolblackpeople 66
My Indian cousin married a black man & had a ba... 7 hr Samoan Irish 98
More from around the web