Black Women Battle Increasing Rate of...

Black Women Battle Increasing Rate of HIV

There are 97 comments on the EDGE story from Nov 26, 2013, titled Black Women Battle Increasing Rate of HIV. In it, EDGE reports that:

On a World AIDS Day over five years ago, Tambusi Green had planned to donate blood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#105 Dec 1, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see anywhere where it says homosexual/bisexual BM are infecting BW with HIV.

Nice try.
HIV in black men is spread most often through (in this order):

Not using a condom or other protection when having sex with a man who is infected with HIV.

~~~

Here it is for you in case you were stupefied by the question that was presented to you as to what's the number way that men contact HIV: homosexual activity with someone who is infected with HIV.

Case closed
BM Moving On

Toronto, Canada

#106 Dec 1, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
HIV in black women is spread most often through (in this order):
Not using a condom or other protection when having sex with a man who is infected with HIV.
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/hiv-aids...
It seems the most common way for them to get it is via sexual relations with a man who is infected.
Now anyone can use deduction as to the number 1 reason how men contact HIV. Care to make a wager?
Don't need to. According to scientists from the CDC, I'm right and you are WRONG as usual.

"We have looked at the proportion of HIV infections among women from bisexual partners and have found no data to indicate this is the primary route through which Black women are becoming infected," Dr. Fenton says. "In fact, research has shown that Black men who are currently bisexually active account for a very small proportion, 2 percent, of the overall population of Black men. So while women certainly become infected through sex with bisexually active men, they also become infected from sex with men who are drug users or who have multiple female partners"

Kevin Fenton, M.D., Ph.D., is director of the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention at the CDC

http://library.medicine.iu.edu/shine/index.ph...

As usual, you BW want to defame BM as being all DL's.

Nice try Shaniqua.
Michelle

Houston, TX

#107 Dec 1, 2013
Im_Every-one_But_You wrote:
<quoted text>Infected blacks rape them.
Next question,....dopey?
White people are responsible for spreading Aids throughout this land

You inbreds try to blame all that is bad on black people. & take claim over everything that is good

I'm waiting for you inbreds to propagandize that your infestation of head lice originated from black people raping whites.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#108 Dec 1, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>Don't need to. According to scientists from the CDC, I'm right and you are WRONG as usual.

"We have looked at the proportion of HIV infections among women from bisexual partners and have found no data to indicate this is the primary route through which Black women are becoming infected," Dr. Fenton says. "In fact, research has shown that Black men who are currently bisexually active account for a very small proportion, 2 percent, of the overall population of Black men. So while women certainly become infected through sex with bisexually active men, they also become infected from sex with men who are drug users or who have multiple female partners"

Kevin Fenton, M.D., Ph.D., is director of the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention at the CDC

Nice try Shaniqua.
No need to project by calling others Shaniqua when you exude that yourself.

Take your retort to the writers of the link that was posted.

You seem to be quite sensitive about homosexuality amongst black males. A Freudian slip from ya indeed!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#109 Dec 1, 2013
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I did live in the ghetto. I would not be confined to my neighborhood 24/7. & EVERYONE that live in poor neighborhoods aren't trash, they're just poor. Do you think everyone making minimum wage is trash & everyone making 100,000 & up are excluded from being trash? There are trashy white women EVERYWHERE from every class.
At my work. White women are always flirting with the black men in front of us. They embarrass themselves. I just wanna say, "bitch don't you see all those male peckerwoods over there? Bitch Get our desperate trashy ass away from our table".
There was this one white woman after this black guy 2 years ago & he had no interest in her. She would not leave him alone. He hesitated to report her because black people can't win in confrontations with whites. He was so nice.
She accused him of harrassing her because he kept rejecting her. Everybody even the white & no english speaking mexicans coworkers reported she would follow him around all on his floor stalking him, when she was supposed to be working. & that she was lying. They even had video to show her always in his face. During lunch & everything
Management knew that man wasn't bothering that woman. They fired him. She thought she was the shit & got back at him for rejecting her. Then they fired her 1 week later.
You keep up this bullshit that ONLY poor people are trash. You are living in the land of make believe. Thats where you inbreds reside. You can't deal with reality very well.
A few years back my friend who was a cute young lady had to be transfered from one store to another because her fat much older white lady boss would obsess over her boyfriend. The WW wasn't evil but she was out of line and it made my friend and her man uncomfortable so she changed stores for her boyfiends sake.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#110 Dec 1, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>Don't need to. According to scientists from the CDC, I'm right and you are WRONG as usual.

Nice try Shaniqua.
Perhaps you do need to look again.

Black men who have sex with men (MSM) and women but who do not identify as gay or disclose their bisexual activities to main female partners, also known as men "on the down-low," have been cited as the main reason for the increase in HIV infections in black women.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...

It seems this is from the Journal of the National Medical Association.

Homosexuals and others who are sexually immoral will go to damnation if they don't repent. His Law is perfect. Repent

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#111 Dec 1, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:

Nice try Shaniqua.
The CDC is quite active indeed in its fight against this horrific ordeal.

~~~

Since 2005, PHMC has been collaborating with the CDC, Hunter College School of Social Work and the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to investigate the factors contributing to the alarming rates of HIV infection among Black MSM.

Current estimates in the United States indicate that up to 50% of urban Black MSM are infected with HIV today.

PHMC's research conclusively shows that bisexually active men who identify as DL are not at higher risk of spreading HIV to their female partners than bisexually active men who do not identify as DL.

Does this study show that women are not at risk of becoming infected with HIV from Black men on the DL? "No, this is not what the research shows" explains Bond.

"What our research shows is that unsafe sex between behaviorally bisexual men and their female partners is fairly high, but this is true irrespective of whether the men identify with the DL."

Findings from this study indicate that nearly 60% of the men in this study who were bisexually active had engaged in unprotected sex with a woman in the three months prior to interview.

http://www.phmc.org/site/index.php...

Leave it alone. Homosexuality is bad for people's health.
BM Moving On

Toronto, Canada

#112 Dec 1, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you do need to look again.
Black men who have sex with men (MSM) and women but who do not identify as gay or disclose their bisexual activities to main female partners, also known as men "on the down-low," have been cited as the main reason for the increase in HIV infections in black women.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
It seems this is from the Journal of the National Medical Association.
Homosexuals and others who are sexually immoral will go to damnation if they don't repent. His Law is perfect. Repent
First of all, your article is from 2005!!! Mine is much earlier and comes driectly from the Director of HIV/Infections in the CDC.

Secondly, did you not read the conclusion of the article??

Let me help you out since you are slow.

" CONCLUSION: The high prevalence of HIV in the black community and the greater likelihood of bisexuality among black men place heterosexual black women at risk for HIV infection. However, the contribution of high-risk heterosexual black men to the rising HIV caseload among black women has been largely ignored. Future research must evaluate the relative contributions of bisexual men and exclusively heterosexual black men to HIV cases among black women"

They did NOT conclude that the high rise of HIV amongst BW is DIRECTLY from DL BM. They just say more studies are needed. Read the last sentence.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#113 Dec 1, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, your article is from 2005!!! Mine is much earlier and comes driectly from the Director of HIV/Infections in the CDC.

" CONCLUSION: The high prevalence of HIV in the black community and the greater likelihood of bisexuality among black men place heterosexual black women at risk for HIV infection. However, the contribution of high-risk heterosexual black men to the rising HIV caseload among black women has been largely ignored. Future research must evaluate the relative contributions of bisexual men and exclusively heterosexual black men to HIV cases among black women"

They did NOT conclude that the high rise of HIV amongst BW is DIRECTLY from DL BM. They just say more studies are needed. Read the last sentence.
Homosexuality is an abomination. What part of that eludes you?

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#115 Dec 1, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, your article is from 2005!!! Mine is much earlier and comes driectly from the Director of HIV/Infections in the CDC.

" CONCLUSION: The high prevalence of HIV in the black community and the greater likelihood of bisexuality among black men place heterosexual black women at risk for HIV infection.

~~~

Case closed

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#116 Dec 1, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
" CONCLUSION: The high prevalence of HIV in the black community and the greater likelihood of bisexuality among black men place heterosexual black women at risk for HIV infection.
~~~
Case closed
And the fact that some females are way too promiscous. Keeping your legs close is not only safer but can also prevent it.
michele

Houston, TX

#117 Dec 1, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not white and secondly this is the African American forum hence the reason why I posted the link. Please let go of your prejudice towards others.
I am a REALIST. I will not click on your link to get a virus in my computer.

I know you except the bashing of black women. So if you and your white friends are gonna dish it about black women. You should TRY to take it from a black woman.
chloe

Phoenix, AZ

#118 Dec 1, 2013
It seems this is the reason why there are much more female members than male members at http://www.BlackPoz.com It is a dating & support site for black people with herpes. It is easier for me to find possible compatible matches since there are so many black women with herpes at the site.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#119 Dec 1, 2013
HIV was most likely spread purposely. Even some Blacks such as Papua New Guineans in Melanesia have high HIV rates. How in the world did HIV get from Africa to Melanesia?? This virus was MORE likely spread by Europeans than Africans outside of Africa.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#120 Dec 1, 2013
Also it's a known fact that WM & WW travel to 3rd world Nations for sex. We know they go too Africa, Jamaica & other Island Nations lookin' for sex.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#121 Dec 3, 2013
Redefined wrote:
Also it's a known fact that WM & WW travel to 3rd world Nations for sex. We know they go too Africa, Jamaica & other Island Nations lookin' for sex.
If those governments had any backbone or any sense they would make those whites take HIV test before granting them VISAs. That would only be fair.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

Romford, UK

#122 Dec 3, 2013
I guess niccuz never heard of condoms......ffs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ABOLISH THE MLK HOLIDAY ASAP. Lets Do This Alre... 6 min god bless dixieland 63
do white women prefer black men? (Apr '16) 11 min Neutral 72
Colored boy holding mudshark wife hostage shot ... 12 min Ugly monkeys 2
I love black women and hate white women 14 min fwe 10
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min carmino seranni 1,640,199
is donald trump just white trash 19 min anonz 67
Great Morning Beautiful Melenated people!!! 29 min THX warns Mudsharks 8
Can America Become 80% White Again? 1 hr alfie 600
Jewish Supremacists And Their Shabbot Goy CUCKS... 2 hr KIR SUCKA 27
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 3 hr el rey de los cam... 36,456
Three Words to Describe the Blacks 4 hr Paul 67
More from around the web