RACISM IN THE UFC & THE EMERGENCE of ...

RACISM IN THE UFC & THE EMERGENCE of BLACK FIGHTERS

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Opps

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 23, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

2 1/2 of the 4 American UFC champions are African-Americans(one is half korean), and the other is a Hispanic-American. Also, there is of course the reigning Afro-Brazilian middle weight champ, Anderson Silva. Plus, you have the winner of the the Strike Force Grand Prix and SF Heavy Weight Champion, an African-American from Louisiana, Daniel Cormier. In fact, there's only ONE non-hispanic white male champion left in the UFC, which is a French-Canadian, George St. Pierre, who in many repects could be considered a boring fighter, due to his inability to finish fights.

Years ago MMA didn't look anything like this, thus has created some animosity amongst the members of the formerly dominant demographic.
Opps

Houston, TX

#2 Nov 23, 2012
I said non-hispanic, when I really meant to say the only "non-latino" white champion in the UFC left is GSP.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#3 Nov 23, 2012
These people always get mad when a negro excels.
Rich

Metairie, LA

#5 Nov 23, 2012
whoop-te-doo
Opps

Houston, TX

#6 Nov 23, 2012
The only thing these champion black men have been handing out to white males is affirmative &ss-whoppins.

But, I digress back to the original thread subject, of how quickly MMA went from a totally white dominated sport, to having African-Americans almost carry the American championships back to the US on our backs, by ourselves, otherwise Americans would be the laughing stock of combat sports, and we'd have a list full of Brazilian champions.

You're welcome, white america.

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 23, 2012
its a strange time in UFC right now... you recently had the era of the wrestlers, who did very well for the last 1o yrs or so... but its rare u have 3 GOATs like silva, GSP, and possibly jon jones, in the smae era

I find your post a little biased, since you claim GSP cant finish fights and the man is 23-2 in his fighting carer, w 15 wins by KO or submission... hes a wrestler, thats how fighters w a wrestling base fight.

you claiming he cant finish fights cuz 6 of his last 7 wins vs quality opposition have ben by decision, is like me saying mayweaher cant finish fights cuz he mostly wins by decision the past few years

the heavy weight divison is still mostly white dominated, even though cain is cahmpion now... he wont be for a long time, its hard to dominate in the heavyweight divison

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Nov 23, 2012
... I meant JDs was champion... I was thinking about how pissed I was when cain lost when i wrote that, lol... I like cain... I like Jon jones... I hate silva, hes disrespectful... typical BM behavior... I hope GSP or Jon Jones smashes him n2 the ground
Opps

Houston, TX

#10 Nov 23, 2012
J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH wrote:
its a strange time in UFC right now... you recently had the era of the wrestlers, who did very well for the last 1o yrs or so... but its rare u have 3 GOATs like silva, GSP, and possibly jon jones, in the smae era
I find your post a little biased, since you claim GSP cant finish fights and the man is 23-2 in his fighting carer, w 15 wins by KO or submission... hes a wrestler, thats how fighters w a wrestling base fight.
you claiming he cant finish fights cuz 6 of his last 7 wins vs quality opposition have ben by decision, is like me saying mayweaher cant finish fights cuz he mostly wins by decision the past few years
the heavy weight divison is still mostly white dominated, even though cain is cahmpion now... he wont be for a long time, its hard to dominate in the heavyweight divison
UFC champions(aside from Anderson Silva) are still by and large dominated by those with BJJ and/or wrestling back grounds. And GSP, hasn't been the same since that embarrassing knock out by the, smaller, worse record holding, TUF winner matt serra. Sure, he TKO'd him later(as was expected of him the first time), but aside from the BJ peen stoppage in '09 hasn't managed to finish a fit since, and has been playing it safe by lying on his opponents for 25 mins each fight.

And I don't think you or those making excuses for it delegitimize, the art of grappling, especially as it applies to North American wrestling, by claiming point scoring, and laying and praying is how they're meant fight. When in reality wrestlers make no better decision fighters than strikers, and can finish fights just as efficiently. Strikers who sprawl & brawl, waltz, and stick & circle all day to score point are just as bad as wrestlers like GSP who lay and pray on top of their opponents all night long, but nobody's making excuses for that. Jon Jones, Ben Henderson, and Daniel Cormier(OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL WRESTLER) all come from primarily wrestling back grounds yet have no problem pushing the pace and finishing their fights for the fans. THAT'S what truly constitutes a GOAT, and if it weren't for these amazing African-American fighters with wrestling back grounds going out there and showing it, Brazilians and other foreigners would have little to NO respect for Americans or the North American wrestling arts.

Heavyweight division dominated by whites? JDS(unless you're going to make the stretch of considering him a white-latino, though he's clearly of mestizo backgroun), Cain Velasquez, Alistair Overeem ring a bell?
Opps

Houston, TX

#11 Nov 23, 2012
*Know that you delegitmize the art of grappling......

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 23, 2012
Opps wrote:
<quoted text>
UFC champions(aside from Anderson Silva) are still by and large dominated by those with BJJ and/or wrestling back grounds. And GSP, hasn't been the same since that embarrassing knock out by the, smaller, worse record holding, TUF winner matt serra. Sure, he TKO'd him later(as was expected of him the first time), but aside from the BJ peen stoppage in '09 hasn't managed to finish a fit since, and has been playing it safe by lying on his opponents for 25 mins each fight.
And I don't think you or those making excuses for it delegitimize, the art of grappling, especially as it applies to North American wrestling, by claiming point scoring, and laying and praying is how they're meant fight. When in reality wrestlers make no better decision fighters than strikers, and can finish fights just as efficiently. Strikers who sprawl & brawl, waltz, and stick & circle all day to score point are just as bad as wrestlers like GSP who lay and pray on top of their opponents all night long, but nobody's making excuses for that. Jon Jones, Ben Henderson, and Daniel Cormier(OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL WRESTLER) all come from primarily wrestling back grounds yet have no problem pushing the pace and finishing their fights for the fans. THAT'S what truly constitutes a GOAT, and if it weren't for these amazing African-American fighters with wrestling back grounds going out there and showing it, Brazilians and other foreigners would have little to NO respect for Americans or the North American wrestling arts.
Heavyweight division dominated by whites? JDS(unless you're going to make the stretch of considering him a white-latino, though he's clearly of mestizo backgroun), Cain Velasquez, Alistair Overeem ring a bell?
ufc is the greatest collection of talent because of the $ that can be made there. becuase of marketing... the rule structure is alot different than many international organizations... cro cop would still be knocking everyone out if he would have stayed out of ufc

"Cain Velasquez, Alistair Overeem ring a bell?"

ya

Brock Lesnar, frank mir, roy nelson, josh barnett, Shane Carwin, fedor, cro cop, stephan struve, Andrei Arlovski ring a bell
Whites are nonhuman

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Nov 24, 2012
Opps wrote:
The only thing these champion black men have been handing out to white males is affirmative &ss-whoppins.
But, I digress back to the original thread subject, of how quickly MMA went from a totally white dominated sport, to having African-Americans almost carry the American championships back to the US on our backs, by ourselves, otherwise Americans would be the laughing stock of combat sports, and we'd have a list full of
Brazilian champions.
You're welcome, white america.
Crakkas don't appreciate anything we do.We built this nation and they don't appreciate it.Because of us this nation always win the most gold medals,still no appreciation from crakkas.

“Reality is merely an illusion”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15 Nov 24, 2012
I think its funny when theres a couple good black fighters you start talking trash.

GSP is the #2 fighter in the UFC and imo better than Silva because hes fighting in a tougher division and doesnt have the size advantage Silva has.

But keep making up bullshit
African Analyst

United States

#16 Nov 24, 2012
Matthew_1 wrote:
I think its funny when theres a couple good black fighters you start talking trash.
GSP is the #2 fighter in the UFC and imo better than Silva because hes fighting in a tougher division and doesnt have the size advantage Silva has.
But keep making up bullshit
I have determined through review of your posts that you are a PUNK
Whites are nonhuman

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Nov 24, 2012
Remember crakkas,these black UFC fighters,boxers,basketball/foo tball players are good because of this reason.

We are SUPERIOR to you.We are just born better.The original HUEMAN(the black man) will always be better than the weak,white,recessive clone(crakkas)
Whites are nonhuman

Fort Worth, TX

#18 Nov 24, 2012
Romney lost

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 25, 2012
Matthew_1 wrote:
I think its funny when theres a couple good black fighters you start talking trash.
GSP is the #2 fighter in the UFC and imo better than Silva because hes fighting in a tougher division and doesnt have the size advantage Silva has.
But keep making up bullshit
ITS CRAZY NO?... i guess i should make the case that whites are the best football players becuase Rob Gronkoski dominates his opponnents every wk w 100+ yrds and multiple TDs

or basketball players cuz kevin love drops 50 fantasy points a night

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#22 Nov 25, 2012
Wing Zero wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that gotta do with your hero gsp's inability to finish fights? You whites are just boring to watch. Blacks have more style and ate just more explosive than you dullards.
i agree w that... gsp is 23-2, hes not fansy, we would rather win than look good

a americanized black man would rather look good than win

gsp "finishes" fights just fine, mostly in the center of the ring w his arm raised in victory

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#24 Nov 25, 2012
Wing Zero wrote:
<quoted text>
When gsp got Matt serra'ed that showed his true level of skill. Too bad you only have one white champ in all of ufc =/ all you can talk about is gsp
Serra match w a fluke... that will never happen again... gsp was on a high, he had just beaten the greatest wrestling based fighter in ufc history, not named GSP

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#25 Nov 25, 2012
silva's divison and opponents are weak... he hasnt been anyone to the caliber of a matt hughs... or a matt serra for that matter
Opps

Houston, TX

#29 Nov 25, 2012
I find it funny that these white Anglo-Americanized boys, have to go bat sh*t crazy over a French-Canadian's(who likely could give too shats about any american) accomplishments. LMAA(African-American)AO!

While Anderson Silva does fit the "racial categorization" of a "black man" or "man of African descent", he is not an ethnic African-American like me. Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier, and Ben Henderson(half) are, though. Who do white american boys have to claim? Don't ya'll get tired of nut hugging these guys all the way Canada and Europe who probably don't even like your white Yankee arse?

Question: Who's the only current UFC champ that has tapped out to strikes in his UFC career?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Susanm 1,421,470
Chris Brown in 11 hour standoff 3 min AAM2000 34
Losing my virginity to a white guy 3 min Drilling for the ... 66
If the real Jews are Black (Dec '14) 11 min OhTheeIrony 366
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 44 min Someguy 33,118
Are Papuans from New Guinea considered Blacks? (Feb '08) 46 min kemal plaevi ypoio 178
Trump caught LYING about the WALL! 51 min TheOriginalDoby 7
Venus Williams 58 min TheNewStandardOfB... 56
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Anonymous 47,968
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 1 hr fluer 336
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 1 hr asset 643
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 2 hr Marcus Washington 143
More from around the web