Black women, please stop with the fak...

Black women, please stop with the fake hair!!!!!!!!

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Lady

Memphis, TN

#1 Jun 3, 2010
I'm so tired of it. There is NO reason ANY African American woman should be walking around with a wig, weave, or perm in 2010.

I used to have a perm. Now my hair is natural and I absolutely love it! Seriously, just go for it.

We are getting degrees, losing weight, making all sorts of money... yet we're still ashamed of who we are.

Ashamed enough to damage ourselves.

Forget black men! Trust me, I've heard every insult in the book about natural hair, and all of them have been from black men.

Honestly, they're just jealous that you're embracing yourself.

There are also ignorant whites who will hate you for wearing your natural hair, because it shows that you are a FREE WOMAN.

Get with the program.
BlackAmericanPri ncess

Naperville, IL

#2 Jun 3, 2010
Hello Shaquita.

Since: Apr 10

United States

#3 Jun 3, 2010
Lady wrote:
I'm so tired of it. There is NO reason ANY African American woman should be walking around with a wig, weave, or perm in 2010.
I used to have a perm. Now my hair is natural and I absolutely love it! Seriously, just go for it.
We are getting degrees, losing weight, making all sorts of money... yet we're still ashamed of who we are.
Forget black men! Trust me, I've heard every insult in the book about natural hair, and all of them have been from black men.
There are also ignorant whites who will hate you for wearing your natural hair, because it shows that you are a FREE WOMAN.
Get with the program.
I wear my hair natural too, but trying to convince other bw to stop wearing weave and relaxing their hair is impossible. Everyone has their own definition of what beautiful is so let's just leave it at that.
BlackGoddess

Memphis, TN

#4 Jun 3, 2010
It isn't about beauty, Lilena. It's about health and hygeine.

Black women aren't washing their hair, they refuse to work out because of hair, etc. Not to mention perms are harmful.

GorillaBlack

“I collect Dimes! ”

Level 1

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5 Jun 3, 2010
BlackGoddess wrote:
Black women aren't washing their hair, they refuse to work out because of hair, etc. Not to mention perms are harmful.
So thats why black women dont work out they dont want to mess up weaves?
BlackGoddess

Memphis, TN

#6 Jun 3, 2010
GorillaBlack wrote:
<quoted text>
So thats why black women dont work out they dont want to mess up weaves?
Yep, and perms. Some black women are just lazy and make excuses... I used to be that way, but I got a clue. Luckily I was never fat in the first place.

Black women, you don't have to be fat! Fat is fixable! And it doesn't take much!
STFU Fools

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 Jun 3, 2010
Lady wrote:
Get with the program.
a lot of white people could care less what you do to your hair..and so could a lot of black women..just do you and let other women do what they want

GorillaBlack

“I collect Dimes! ”

Level 1

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 3, 2010
BlackGoddess wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and perms. Some black women are just lazy and make excuses... I used to be that way, but I got a clue. Luckily I was never fat in the first place.
Black women, you don't have to be fat! Fat is fixable! And it doesn't take much!
If that will get black women into the gym im all for them getting rid of the weaves and wigs. Most black women blow up after high school or after they had a kid or two.

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 3, 2010
fake hair is da shyt

“I'm just a Routined”

Level 5

Since: Mar 09

Bronx, NY

#10 Jun 3, 2010
When exactly did you go natural? You once said it was last March
BlackGoddess

Memphis, TN

#11 Jun 3, 2010
Yep, it's been a year and three months, nearly.

“I'm just a Routined”

Level 5

Bronx, NY

#12 Jun 4, 2010
BlackGoddess wrote:
Yep, it's been a year and three months, nearly.
Interesting...

This is was posted in April 2009

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TN5HRK3TAT3R9...

This was posted last May 2009

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T9QPD8CCK3ICE...

Both were posted after March of 2009.

“trying to take over the world!”

Since: Mar 10

but really i'm harmless...

#13 Jun 4, 2010
you people crack me up. the black community has so many problems as it is; oow babies, HIV, STD'S, kids dropping out of schools, gangs, young black men killing each other and going to jail,etc yet you pick on black women and what they put in their hair and raise that as an issue!!

sheeesh!
BlackGoddess

Memphis, TN

#14 Jun 4, 2010
R0utin3Ri0t wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...
This is was posted in April 2009
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TN5HRK3TAT3R9...
This was posted last May 2009
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T9QPD8CCK3ICE...
Both were posted after March of 2009.
And?

That wasn't me.

“I'm just a Routined”

Level 5

Bronx, NY

#15 Jun 4, 2010
BlackGoddess wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
That wasn't me.
Definitely a lie.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Washington, DC

#16 Jun 4, 2010
GorillaBlack wrote:
<quoted text>
If that will get black women into the gym im all for them getting rid of the weaves and wigs. Most black women blow up after high school or after they had a kid or two.
Most spanish women blow up after a kid or two but your obsessed with any woman that's not black so you have blinders on.
african girl

Chicago, IL

#17 Jun 4, 2010
wow, i think people think too deep into the hair issue with black women. it is really not that serious. who came up with the idea that black women style their hair a certain way in order to hide who they are and be white??? please, it's really isn't that serious. sometimes i have weave, most times I don't. i like to switch. now if it is a girl who NEVER wants to go without her weave, then I can see how it's a problem b/c I know some girls like that. But, it is annoying when women with natural hair try to act all militant and afro0centric to the point where it makes people associate natural hair with negative stereotypes. it is simply JUST A HAIR STYLE TO ME. Why are people making such a big deal out of black women's hair. I perm and SOMETIMES wear weave, but that doesn't stop me from going to the gym regularly. I just wrap up my hair and exercise. There are plenty of black female athletes, but you don't see their hair stopping them from doing their activities. Why can't some black women just simply go natural and see it as what it is a HAIRSTYLE instead of trying to make a big deal out of it. It is the personalities of some black women with natural hair that make people feel only extreme and militant black people do it, when it is simply just a hairstyle. People try to make it more than what it is. To the poster, really calm down. Don't feed into that bs that black women want to look white.

“**BANNED**”

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Orlando, FL

#18 Jun 4, 2010
Only black people will make a big deal out of superficial things such as hair or skin color. First, their hair is too nappy, then their hair too straight, now it's too much weave. Seriously some people are never satisfied. If a bw wants to wear a certain hairstyle let her wear it. If it's not growing out of your head don't worry about it.
One up on you

United States

#19 Jun 4, 2010
BlackGoddess wrote:
There was this black woman I used to work with who always wore a weave that told me she washed her hair twice a MONTH!!!! At first I thought she was joking, but when I realized she was serious I just thought it was gross. She was actually a rather pretty woman, but the part about the hair just ruined it. It naturally made me wonder if that was the average for all black women, or was this just the exception to the rule. I swear I am not making this up, just wondering.

“trying to take over the world!”

Since: Mar 10

but really i'm harmless...

#20 Jun 4, 2010
african girl wrote:
wow, i think people think too deep into the hair issue with black women. it is really not that serious. who came up with the idea that black women style their hair a certain way in order to hide who they are and be white??? please, it's really isn't that serious. sometimes i have weave, most times I don't. i like to switch. now if it is a girl who NEVER wants to go without her weave, then I can see how it's a problem b/c I know some girls like that. But, it is annoying when women with natural hair try to act all militant and afro0centric to the point where it makes people associate natural hair with negative stereotypes. it is simply JUST A HAIR STYLE TO ME. Why are people making such a big deal out of black women's hair. I perm and SOMETIMES wear weave, but that doesn't stop me from going to the gym regularly. I just wrap up my hair and exercise. There are plenty of black female athletes, but you don't see their hair stopping them from doing their activities. Why can't some black women just simply go natural and see it as what it is a HAIRSTYLE instead of trying to make a big deal out of it. It is the personalities of some black women with natural hair that make people feel only extreme and militant black people do it, when it is simply just a hairstyle. People try to make it more than what it is. To the poster, really calm down. Don't feed into that bs that black women want to look white.
finally , some sense.

IT'S JUST HAIR!!!!!!!!!!3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,419,326
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 9 min ZIONISM IS NOT ... 6,436
Why do blacks claim North Africans as black? 14 min Moses 80
How can you tell a white guy likes you? (Jun '07) 27 min Ethereal 9 45
What color will Taylor swift's baby be? 28 min Anonymous 1
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 33 min Moses 47,857
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 36 min MICHA 42
BM arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mi... 43 min ape5 18
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 55 min Moses 519
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 4 hr bluestreak returns 250