Why do dark skin black women love lig...

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

London, UK

#84 Sep 22, 2009
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text> It's not just Black people in America who have issues with skin tones, every ethnic group has these issues including white people. These issues are just more appearant with blacks because some of us still have the slave mentality in America. White people complain about red hair and freckles,or being too pale or hair colors. Mexicans,Hispanics or Latinos have the same issues as blacks with the dark vs the light fight. Asians complain about their eye shapes etc. East Indians also have the same issues as black with light vs. dark. All of these modern issues are burdens proposed by Caucasian people in ancient history. Only in America, which is the entertainment capital of the world, is the place where skin tone is so important. Other countries have started to join the band wagon because they view Caucasians as the founders of America, and people that come from other countries to America wish to be successful and fit in.(This is an example of the slave mentality)
This is true. Non- whites all over the world have been affected my this light skin/ dark skin issue. I have a Filipino friend who has told me that some Filipino's are into the bleaching as well. And as for Australian Aboriginal children, of the "stolen Generations, the lighter skinned children were usually sent to live with white families, whilst darker Aboriginal children were usually left in "orphanages". However, both were severely treated, as those who were sent to the white families were forced to assimilate and severely punished if heard speaking in their own tongue (sound familiar?), and the children ledft in these so-called orphanages were basically enslaved. So I would say that every non-white community, particularly in Western (or Westernized) countries have been affected by this in one way or another.

“THE RAVEN”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#85 Sep 22, 2009
Why do dark skin black women love light skin or white men?

That's a bunch of BS. u sound like a mf punk.
Ya that's right, this nizzer said mf.

“PREGNANT AND STILL A QTGIRL”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#86 Sep 22, 2009
Half Women Half Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>Gregory
Lol. My first boyfriend went to Gregory in Gentilly. I went to Cabrini near City Park.
Derrick Vineyard

United States

#87 Sep 22, 2009
RBALLA wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a beautiful Black woman.
You look like a 12 yr old black boy!

“NICE HOUSE”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#88 Sep 22, 2009
Stray Bullet wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all over American blacks like a disease. Always sizing people up, light vs dark, dark vs dark, skinny vs fat, light vs light...
It makes me uncomfortable.
Even some of my family members are like this towards me. I met a cousin of mine 2 years ago for christmas. She hugged my mom brother and sister then eyed me up and down "You're the light one, huh"
o.o....I didn't evne know what else to do but stare at her. Mom wanted to take us all to dinner but I opt out lol
I wish it would end and we could all come together and, I don't know have a group hug or something.
Read this and share it, please.
Don't yall notice how these trolls constanly come on here trying to divide BM and BW. I have a woed of advice to all AA's, whites fear this and future generations since we are starting to come into our own. For years they have put black men against black women and vice versa, why do you think the welfare system once taliored for WW found it's way into the AA comunity? This encouraged AA women to leave the AA men. It also promoted teenage promiscurity because TEENAGED women could leave their parents home and receive a check for the government for doing nothing. Women cannot TEACH A BOY TO BECOME A MAN BECAUSE WITH ALL HER WISDOM SHE IS NOT A MAN. Once you break the structure of the home the family becomes nothing more than indivuals under the same roof.
I am sure you have heard the saying "you have five fingers but once you ball them up they become a fist" we must change the cycle and become the fist that pummels the would-be divider into submission. We can do this by first, short and long range economic planning. If we lay down a long range economic plan during these tough times after we emerge from this we will return to our NATURAL SELF. We have to understand there will be self-haters that will cross the line and those people CANNOT BE SAVED. We have a resopnsibility to create a platform for our future children and grandchildren and placing blame provides nothing but a plank for we are on a sinking ship.
THE PLAN IS TO BREAK YOU.
THE PALN IS TO BREAK YOU PSYCOLOGICALLY.
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW.

P.S. Per our previous convo. the FDIC went to the federal reserve today and asked for a loan lol.
That is like the chicken going to the wolf asking for a babysitter.
Truth Seeker

Acton, CA

#89 Sep 22, 2009
TruthbknownLDN wrote:
<quoted text> This is true. Non- whites all over the world have been affected my this light skin/ dark skin issue. I have a Filipino friend who has told me that some Filipino's are into the bleaching as well. And as for Australian Aboriginal children, of the "stolen Generations, the lighter skinned children were usually sent to live with white families, whilst darker Aboriginal children were usually left in "orphanages". However, both were severely treated, as those who were sent to the white families were forced to assimilate and severely punished if heard speaking in their own tongue (sound familiar?), and the children ledft in these so-called orphanages were basically enslaved. So I would say that every non-white community, particularly in Western (or Westernized) countries have been affected by this in one way or another.
Yeah, I get the picture of modern day slavery imposed by Caucasians. As a matter of fact the aboriginies were the first people from Africa to arrive in Australia. Who were the first group of Caucasians to colonise Australia? Was it the British or the English or Dutch?

“Aye!!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Dayton, Ohio

#90 Sep 22, 2009
Derrick Vineyard wrote:
<quoted text>
You look like a 12 yr old black boy!
Don't hate because Black don't crack! LmBao.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#91 Sep 23, 2009
know good wrote:
<quoted text>Read this and share it, please.:
THE PLAN IS TO BREAK YOU.
THE PALN IS TO BREAK YOU PSYCOLOGICALLY.
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW.
P.S. Per our previous convo. the FDIC went to the federal reserve today and asked for a loan lol.
That is like the chicken going to the wolf asking for a babysitter.
sad sad. Well, I read it and I agree

people don't need to come to topix to create separation and break down AA. AA is breaking itself down.

Before anyone gets offended look around you! You might be a proper student or have a great job but seriously look around you. Think about who you are attracted to, and other AAs that look at you bad or are hostile, people bringing themselves down when there is a library and school in almost every neighborhood. I'm not saying there isn't any good. I'm saying it can be better. There could be more unity and pride. Not pride in skin color but pride in what people are doing to contribute to society!

Since: May 09

New Orleans, LA

#92 Sep 23, 2009
TruthbknownLDN wrote:
<quoted text> This is true. Non- whites all over the world have been affected my this light skin/ dark skin issue. I have a Filipino friend who has told me that some Filipino's are into the bleaching as well. And as for Australian Aboriginal children, of the "stolen Generations, the lighter skinned children were usually sent to live with white families, whilst darker Aboriginal children were usually left in "orphanages". However, both were severely treated, as those who were sent to the white families were forced to assimilate and severely punished if heard speaking in their own tongue (sound familiar?), and the children ledft in these so-called orphanages were basically enslaved. So I would say that every non-white community, particularly in Western (or Westernized) countries have been affected by this in one way or another.
Yes, this is a world wide thing that has gone on. We need to see that it's not only us. The Italians were discriminated against because of their dark complexion and their white. We just adopted this behavior which needs to be removed. I like dark and light skin black men it don't matter to me.

“NICE HOUSE”

Location hidden

#93 Sep 23, 2009
Stray Bullet wrote:
<quoted text>
sad sad. Well, I read it and I agree
people don't need to come to topix to create separation and break down AA. AA is breaking itself down.
Before anyone gets offended look around you! You might be a proper student or have a great job but seriously look around you. Think about who you are attracted to, and other AAs that look at you bad or are hostile, people bringing themselves down when there is a library and school in almost every neighborhood. I'm not saying there isn't any good. I'm saying it can be better. There could be more unity and pride. Not pride in skin color but pride in what people are doing to contribute to society!
Water seeks it's own level but when the schools have no books or tissue how can you reach your potential? When you look around and half of the people are fucntionally illiterate how can you reach your potential? I live in a upscale neighborhood and I can tell you first hand the same looks that come from blacks come from whites. You know the "how can you afford to live here" look. You know the "just cause I don't stay around here don't make me go there" look. Part of contributing to society is understanding that you may have to help those who are less fortunate. W.E.B Debois said the talented tenth, now I have a question for you: Can you carry part of the other 90 or do you want to hop on my back too? My load is heavy but I can make room for one more.

Pensacola, FL

#94 Sep 23, 2009
I'm sorry but you got it all wrong. From my experience is that most black women dark or light prefer darkskin men over light skin guys. And so what if someone is with a lightskin guy that does not mean they prefer them over dark skin guys. Maybe that is what was available to them.

Pensacola, FL

#95 Sep 23, 2009
LilBlackGirl wrote:
I am dark skin and I am attracted to dark and light men and only a certain type of white male(not the wannabe black ones either).
I'm not gone lie, I think alot of dark women are attracted to dark men,but we know how hard it is and was for us being dark skin and don't want our kids to go through it. So we don't want to marry or have babies with a dark skin man.
Just like me,I think many dark skin girls liked dark skin boys,but when we realized they didn't like us,probably around teen years,and then started learning and experiencing colorism,and realized(although selfishly)that we don't want our children to go through it. Its sad,and I know everybody criticizes black women who think like this,but you wouldn't understand unless you are in their/our shoes. Many other ethnicities of men,women,and parents think this way too. It all has to do with society's white ideal of beauty or somn like that. Black men,for the most part, fit the ideal of a masculine man so it is easier for them to get a women who closely fits the ideal of beauty,ie lighter skin woman. But not so much for darker black women.
This is true because when I was younger it was dark skin boys who despised dark skin girls and their whole objective in life was to get lightskin women. All the popular dark skin boys like the football players, nerds, etc always choose lightskin girls. Even now today look at most of the famous, and wealthy black men and look at their wives and girlfriends. they are usually always lightskin or not black at all. That's why we love obama because he actually saw the beauty in a dark skin woman.
Derrick Vineyard

United States

#96 Sep 23, 2009
RBALLA wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hate because Black don't crack! LmBao.
Blacks smoke crack? No shit! You look like your on the pipe pookie! Blacks crack, smoke crack, and get HUGELY FAT! Keep on with that pipe Tyrone!

Location hidden

#98 Sep 23, 2009
know good wrote:
<quoted text>Water seeks it's own level but when the schools have no books or tissue how can you reach your potential? When you look around and half of the people are fucntionally illiterate how can you reach your potential? I live in a upscale neighborhood and I can tell you first hand the same looks that come from blacks come from whites. You know the "how can you afford to live here" look. You know the "just cause I don't stay around here don't make me go there" look. Part of contributing to society is understanding that you may have to help those who are less fortunate. W.E.B Debois said the talented tenth, now I have a question for you: Can you carry part of the other 90 or do you want to hop on my back too? My load is heavy but I can make room for one more.
I didn't say anything about not helping those in need. I was strictly talking about the possiblity of taking some of the blame, and trying to do everything possible to change. I understand what you mean.

It's good to extend a hand. It's kind of hard where I am, because people pretend they are ok and will bite your hand. lol

“NICE HOUSE”

Location hidden

#99 Sep 23, 2009
Stray Bullet wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about not helping those in need. I was strictly talking about the possiblity of taking some of the blame, and trying to do everything possible to change. I understand what you mean.
It's good to extend a hand. It's kind of hard where I am, because people pretend they are ok and will bite your hand. lol
Yea I feel that cause there are some here who are the same way.

“A diamond in the rough...”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#100 Sep 24, 2009
RBALLA wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a beautiful Black woman.
Thankx :)

Location hidden

#101 Sep 24, 2009
Irish samoan wrote:
<quoted text>Okay my culture is in my name I am of Irish Samoan descent I guess I used my culture as a reason why I wouldn't marry a black woman I didn't think this was discrimnating anybody but when I readt what u wrote I relaized in many ways my way of thinking does effect someone else. My reasons was the same as yours difference is u have very dark skin and I don't.
I just want u to know cause of u I've change my views that I should be open to IR with all woman and not worry about my kids being labeled as "black" and I hope u do the same. as 4 the thread, as a dark skin woman do u dig asian or arabian men too. I know they may be short compared to the average black woman but I do believe oppisites attract. If Dark men don't dig dark girls don't be offended I know Samoan men not into island girls cause of the "common look" Trust me the day when AA media is more accepting of showing black beauties then the more men of different races will not only embrace them but desire them.
I feel ya. Glad you understand,but beyond that,just love who you love,regardless of skintone.

Location hidden

#102 Sep 24, 2009
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>When you get a chance, take a look at East Indian women. Some of these women are dark blue or purple goddesses! They look fine as hell. Their skin is radiant and flawless. White women all around the world spend billions of dollars per year to try to come close! Point being, dark skin is exotic and sexy, it demands attention more than light skin because it's more dominant and does not have as many flaws. If I could, I would take all of the fine white women on the planet and get them tanned permanently as dark as Wesley Snipes then it would be on and popin for me and white chicks....
ummm something doesn't quite sound right with this comment...White women aren't trying to get dark skin like black women or most Indian/SE Asia women. Many of those Indian women don't wanna be dark either...somn dealing with the caste system and plus I've read a couple of stories of dark Indian women committing suicide because their dark skin prevents them from getting married. Lastly,making every white woman dark like Wesley,would only make dark caucasian women,and brings up the question of black women features....
but anyway

Location hidden

#103 Sep 24, 2009
salena2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true because when I was younger it was dark skin boys who despised dark skin girls and their whole objective in life was to get lightskin women. All the popular dark skin boys like the football players, nerds, etc always choose lightskin girls. Even now today look at most of the famous, and wealthy black men and look at their wives and girlfriends. they are usually always lightskin or not black at all. That's why we love obama because he actually saw the beauty in a dark skin woman.
True that. Cosign.

“Aye!!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Dayton, Ohio

#104 Sep 24, 2009
LilBlackGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankx :)
Your welcome.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min JCPete 1,600,151
Marcus: thinking of leaving Topix 3 min Marcus Washington 16
Why do American Blacks think they're Egyptians? (Apr '12) 5 min Marcus Washington 3,742
Extremely Pleased about the Decline & Downfall ... 11 min Paul 8
mACEO WHY ARE YOU SO EVIL? 14 min Hmm the meanie 2
Hey Jizzrealite... explain again how your Gypsh... 15 min Paul 23
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 23 min Paul 661
News Firefighter: I'd save dog over African-Americans 41 min Maceo is Legion 18
Why don't prostitutes sleep with black men? (Jul '16) 47 min Maceo is Legion 132
Why can't Blacks answer these questions? 2 hr Maceo is Legion 45
why whites here hate blacks so ? 9 hr CAC 40
More from around the web