DARK skin Men Vs. LIGHT skin Men
candella

Wichita, KS

#85 Nov 11, 2012
There's really no difference between them.I'm light but my HS guy is light and he's a great lover.He talk shid sometimes but it's a turn on.
Anonymous

Fenton, MI

#86 Nov 24, 2012
Dark brothas aint runnin nothin light brothas aint runnin thangs...WE ARE RUNNIN THINGS (both of us)..

I train with 10 brothas..we range from puerto rican to light skinned to the darkest bruh...we all get mega play from the ladiez..

now the moral to the story is women are allowed to have a preference but to demean all light or dark brothas based on looks or attitude of a few brothas u dated is not cool. take your frustration out on the fool u dated and leave us out of it..

“Is He That Somebody?”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Aurora, CO

#87 Nov 25, 2012
cdmurch wrote:
Dark brothas aint runnin nothin light brothas aint runnin thangs...WE ARE RUNNIN THINGS (both of us)..
I train with 10 brothas..we range from puerto rican to light skinned to the darkest bruh...we all get mega play from the ladiez..
now the moral to the story is women are allowed to have a preference but to demean all light or dark brothas based on looks or attitude of a fe
w brothas u dated is not cool. take your frustration out on the fool u dated and leave us out of it..
Right! What you said at the last part was totally true
redbone wit good hair

United States

#88 Nov 27, 2012
I simply don't find dark skinned men attractive. I would never date a dark skinned guy. And the funny thing is that they approach me the most..I find that darkies don't take rejection well..Besides one day I want to have a family, and I do not want my kids to be dark, nappy headed, big lips or big nose. Those are the qualities I see when looking at darkies.

Level 3

Since: May 12

Bel Air, MD

#89 Dec 4, 2012
Light skinned/mixed men are usually more successful and have more morals than dark skin men. 85% of BW I think prefer dark skinned men, but dark skinned men, but mos tof those women areratchet, ghetto, and are not highly moral themselves. They kknow dark skinned men are not bread winners unless they sell drugs, rap, or an athlete, but outside of that light skinned/mixed men are the more successful and resourceful BM. The President of the US as well as the NAACP are both biracial light skinned men so BW need to stop worshipping dark skinned men and start learning where the REAL bred and butter is outside of the professions I had listed above.

Level 3

Since: May 12

Bel Air, MD

#90 Dec 4, 2012
Light skinned/mixed men are usually more successful and have more morals than dark skin men. 85% of BW I think prefer dark skinned men, but most of those women are ratchet, ghetto, and are not highly moral themselves. They know dark skinned men are not bread winners unless they sell drugs, rap, or an athlete, but outside of that light skinned/mixed men are the more successful and resourceful BM. The President of the US as well as the NAACP are both biracial light skinned men so BW need to stop worshipping dark skinned men and start learning where the REAL bred and butter is outside of the professions I had listed above.
damion

United States

#91 Dec 5, 2012
Honestly don't understand why light skinned men think they better than darkskinned. I tend to have darker skin than the average skin tone and everybodys always telling me how dark I am like its a bad thing
ifrah

United States

#92 Dec 5, 2012
I prefer a lighskin Somali, Ethiopian or Sundanese over AA they are more attractive have straighter noses and good hair. I want a half Somalian or ethio baby.
ifrah

United States

#93 Dec 5, 2012
Only good looking darkskin men are east Africans. Good hair and str8 nose.
MsLovelyBrown

United States

#94 Dec 13, 2012
This is a very stupid post and some of you women sound real racist against your own kind light or dark. Well done at making the white man proud with your own self hate post. Like lightskinned men don't have big nose and big lips *sighs* Also to the hating light and white skin men saying Lighter skinn brothers are more successful then darkskinn brothers. Right now I'm dating a darkskinn brother that has all his ish together okay lol. I do prefer darskinn brothers over lightskinn buts that's always been my personal preference. I'am a beautiful darkskinn sista and proud with my good pretty hair and cola shape to match I have no reason to feel less beautiful then my lightskinn or white sistas though some feel their beauty is more superior because of their skin tone. I feel everyone has prefrence but it's a way to say that without putting someone else or race down. Black ppl we can't never move forward with saying ignorant ish like this about ourselfs lets be proud of all our tones that God has given us.

Level 3

Since: May 12

Bel Air, MD

#95 Dec 13, 2012
MsLovelyBrown wrote:
This is a very stupid post and some of you women sound real racist against your own kind light or dark. Well done at making the white man proud with your own self hate post. Like lightskinned men don't have big nose and big lips *sighs* Also to the hating light and white skin men saying Lighter skinn brothers are more successful then darkskinn brothers. Right now I'm dating a darkskinn brother that has all his ish together okay lol. I do prefer darskinn brothers over lightskinn buts that's always been my personal preference. I'am a beautiful darkskinn sista and proud with my good pretty hair and cola shape to match I have no reason to feel less beautiful then my lightskinn or white sistas though some feel their beauty is more superior because of their skin tone. I feel everyone has prefrence but it's a way to say that without putting someone else or race down. Black ppl we can't never move forward with saying ignorant ish like this about ourselfs lets be proud of all our tones that God has given us.
I noticed how you laughed after you said your man has is ish together. Sounds like a lie or potential fraudulent statement to me. Funny how you say that people like myself say beauty is superioir do to skin tone, but many of you BM put dark skin men in a superior status cause there skin tone. SO all I'm doing is taking up for us lighter guys and telling it like it is.

Level 3

Since: May 12

Bel Air, MD

#96 Dec 13, 2012
MsLovelyBrown wrote:
This is a very stupid post and some of you women sound real racist against your own kind light or dark. Well done at making the white man proud with your own self hate post. Like lightskinned men don't have big nose and big lips *sighs* Also to the hating light and white skin men saying Lighter skinn brothers are more successful then darkskinn brothers. Right now I'm dating a darkskinn brother that has all his ish together okay lol. I do prefer darskinn brothers over lightskinn buts that's always been my personal preference. I'am a beautiful darkskinn sista and proud with my good pretty hair and cola shape to match I have no reason to feel less beautiful then my lightskinn or white sistas though some feel their beauty is more superior because of their skin tone. I feel everyone has prefrence but it's a way to say that without putting someone else or race down. Black ppl we can't never move forward with saying ignorant ish like this about ourselfs lets be proud of all our tones that God has given us.
I don't even see why a brother with his ish together would date you judging by how you write. Dark skinned people are the biggest frauders lol.

“I'm an East Asian male.”

Level 5

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#97 Dec 13, 2012
Lovely wrote:
Light skin men seem to have taken a back seat to dark skin men. Dark skin men are the cream of the crop and are in demand. Most women say they prefer dark skin men as their ideal mate but will go for a black man of any shade if he had qualities she likes. The dark skin man has taken over though.
Testosterone improves protein synthesis and melanin is a protein, so men within a given population tend to be darker than their female counterparts, because they have more testosterone.

Darker-complexioned men are perceived to have a more masculine appearance than lighter-complexioned men all else equal.

“I'm an East Asian male.”

Level 5

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98 Dec 15, 2012
blkgoodfella wrote:
Light skinned/mixed men are usually more successful

light skinned/mixed men are the more successful
WM favor part-White men over full BM, so, in a White-dominated society, part-White men will be more successful than full BM.

Similarly, AW spread for the todgers of WM, because their half-White children will do better in a White-dominated society due to better treatment from WM.
Halle Berry Sister

United States

#99 Dec 15, 2012
I love both.
gogetta87

Tulsa, OK

#100 Jan 11, 2013
LION wrote:
BLack women perfer light skin black men because they feel infeior to whites.
Black women perfer dark skin black men for some false sense of black loyalty.
We need to grow up and get over this. We all are attracted to every color and race but allow society to dictate who we suppose to date.
you hit it right on the money
happy

Brooklyn, NY

#101 Jan 11, 2013
Dark skin blackmen, LIght skin blackmen, Brown skin blackmen

Blue eyed men, brown eyed men, green eyed men

Black haired men, Brown haired men, blonde haired men, Red haired men,-

Take your pick- since vareity is the spice of life;

DARK, LIGHT, LIGHT, DARK,..Actually...it REALLY doese nott MATTER.
britney

United States

#102 Jan 17, 2013
if this a boy can u be my boyfriend my number?is8853669
Khasha

Boston, MA

#103 Jan 23, 2013
I'm a Black girl.I like them both-no preference in looks.I have a preference to how I'm treated though ..that's the game changer.

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

New Zealand

#104 Jan 23, 2013
ifrah wrote:
Only good looking darkskin men are east Africans. Good hair and str8 nose.
kenyans have that st8 nose 2.. Lol r they east african

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof every white citizen today owned slaves an... 3 min The Logical Axe 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min JRB 1,600,684
A poem for Coretta.... 7 min Yisraelite Suprem... 6
Breaking: Gina Torres joins #swirlnation 14 min Yisraelite Suprem... 17
Do African Americans listen to the 'Beatles'? (Apr '08) 15 min Redefined 381
Poll What man is great for a Sagittarian woman (Jul '08) 23 min Summer Jones 41
News Fear proliferates among African-Americans in Ri... (Nov '16) 33 min Paul Kersey 6
Marcus: thinking of leaving Topix 1 hr Tampa 34
Why don't prostitutes sleep with black men? (Jul '16) 2 hr Legion_is_Maceo 143
More from around the web