Did integration help the Black Americ...

Did integration help the Black American community or did it hinder us?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Diamond

South San Francisco, CA

#1 Feb 18, 2013
I feel that it was of no benefit to us and that we were better of segregated. We had a strong sense of family and community, we supported our own
businesses more, and we never would have tolerated the flow of crack into our communities. We even had better schools with black teachers and
a higher literacy rate...all BEFORE integration.

I would like to know how other BLACK AMERICANS feel about integration.
Carol

Orem, UT

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Well before integration blk families / communities were more family oriented....

Now broken families all over the place.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Integration has really hurt us as a community, because it made us lazy and rely on other's to provide for us. We need to figure out a way to get back to the days when we had to provide for ourselves
Diamond

United States

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Carol wrote:
Well before integration blk families / communities were more family oriented....

Now broken families all over the place.
I agree those were the good ole days. I wish we could go back in time because those were the days when the community was strong.

AussiPino
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 19, 2013
Diamond wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree those were the good ole days. I wish we could go back in time because those were the days when the community was strong.
My African-American friends told me the same thing. They say that their grandparents and great-grandparents had more of a real sense of community, and Black businesses were supported more back then.

Can things change for the better? I do hope so as America needs to be more united, as things won't be so good for future generations of all Americans, and this is the last thing people need.
Carol

Orem, UT

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Diamond wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm glad I'm old enough to remember that period, would have never thought things could deteriorate like this.
Carol

Orem, UT

#7 Feb 19, 2013
AussiPino wrote:
<quoted text>
My African-American friends told me the same thing. They say that their grandparents and great-grandparents had more of a real sense of community, and Black businesses were supported more back then.
Can things change for the better? I do hope so as America needs to be more united, as things won't be so good for future generations of all Americans, and this is the last thing people need.
Absolutely agree
Level 5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 19, 2013
I was born in the early 70's, and I used to sense a greater pride and unity back then, as the years went on, I started feel uneasy with the growing discontent of ignorance and the flooding of drugs throughout my once beloved black community. I became reclusive to it all in order to preserve myself. Some scolded me for being that way, but I'm glad I did.
THE RELIC

United States

#9 Feb 19, 2013
290 million whites
42 million blacks

Let's go back to Jim Crow, eh? That's what intergration stopped!

Krackkka, ya lying.

Intergration, 1950's and AA's were united

Feminism, 1960's and everybody knows it broke up families.

I DON'T NEED A MAN AND WHAT DID MICHELLE OBAMA SAY?
-------
---
Michelle Obama
The woman who employed my educated motherto clean her house never quite saw her as a sister in the struggle for equality.
Our ancestors – mothers, aunts, grandmothers, elders in the church- have been balancing work, relationships and marriage, well, since forever. We failed to uphold the lessons that they tried to teach us, throwing it away for something that NEVER had our families in mind. I can’t be a Black feminist if I’m being separate from the Black men in my life. Just doesn’t work for me. That’s part of the reason why there was no real ‘conflict’ for me when it came to Obama vs. Clinton. Am I Black or Woman? I’m both, but I’ve been in this country long enough to know:
1. Being Black is the true designation of my life
2. Being separated from the men in the community has not done us any good
3.‘Sisterhood’ is a one way street; I’m a ‘ Sister’, when Mainstream Feminism wants something from me. When they’re done, then I’m kicked to the curb. I understood long ago that Miss Anne wasn’t studdin’ about my Black behind, and I don’t think I’m alone in that realization.
Like I said before that I wasn’t going to hold my breath waiting for Mainstream Feminists to defend Michelle Obama. This was a job that those of us who cared would have to take on our shoulders.
Their silence has been quite instructive….don’t you think
http://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/2008/0
Diamond

United States

#10 Feb 19, 2013
dkanela wrote:
Integration has really hurt us as a community, because it made us lazy and rely on other's to provide for us. We need to figure out a way to get back to the days when we had to provide for ourselves
I agree that we need to go back to being self-sufficient.
Carol

Orem, UT

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Skiff Azlaan wrote:
I was born in the early 70's, and I used to sense a greater pride and unity back then, as the years went on, I started feel uneasy with the growing discontent of ignorance and the flooding of drugs throughout my once beloved black community. I became reclusive to it all in order to preserve myself. Some scolded me for being that way, but I'm glad I did.
Didn't know you were black but you would have been to young to remember when there were no drugs in the blk community....

the main vices some blacks had were the number man, booze and cigarettes.

ShyDevil334

“BAD AZ I WANNA BE”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

EVERYWHERE

#12 Feb 19, 2013
did somebody just refer to that time as "the good ole days"?

“sly as a fox”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 19, 2013
nothing good about segregation nobody should be treated as second class citizens.
Carol

Orem, UT

#14 Feb 19, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
nothing good about segregation nobody should be treated as second class citizens.
Integration is best when not forced.

People from different cultures are going to meet, some date and even get married but it should be natural....

not socially engineered.
Bulldyke Selorna

United States

#15 Feb 19, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
STFU SelornaPaden!

“Head Bish”

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#16 Feb 19, 2013
Before integration there was a lot of Black businesses and black WEALTH, regardless of what people were taught so it's safe to say being integrated was one of the worst things that happened to Blacks in America. It's funny how they tried to make it seem that back then, all Blacks were poor and suffering because they were segregated. I've soon so many pictures of Black women during that era wearing beautiful dresses, mink coats...their children well dressed, Black men in expensive suits...
It's beautiful and sad at the same time.

“sly as a fox”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Feb 19, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Integration is best when not forced.
People from different cultures are going to meet, some date and even get married but it should be natural....
not socially engineered.
That would be ideal but it's not reality because to many white people think they are superior to people of color. So the only aternative,while not ideal,is to legislate equality.The real problem is people cannot be forced to love or accept others of different racial or ethnic backgrounds
that is why forced integration doesn't work.
THE RELIC

United States

#18 Feb 19, 2013
Diamond wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that we need to go back to being self-sufficient.
That's what Jethro want, State Rights.

Jethro, go back to Jim Segragation Crow!

Naw, it ain't gonna happen
THE RELIC

United States

#19 Feb 19, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
They want to resurrect Jim SEGREGATION Crow

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 19, 2013
Diamond wrote:
I feel that it was of no benefit to us and that we were better of segregated. We had a strong sense of family and community, we supported our own
businesses more, and we never would have tolerated the flow of crack into our communities. We even had better schools with black teachers and
a higher literacy rate...all BEFORE integration.
I would like to know how other BLACK AMERICANS feel about integration.
The NAACP developed scientific proof that segregation distorted the minds of Africans. It is like taking human beings and isoati ng them on a deserted island. As time goes on, they become less and less human. To be human, people have to have normal contact with other humans. If not, they become like lower animals. And this is what is stil happening to out community to a much too far an extent.

We hazve losers and nitwits going around complaining about mixed race children and alien spouses. That means they deny one human the GOD-Given Right to marry and to love another human based on skin color. They are more like dogs than humans. They do not truly Believe in any god. They usually worship voodoo and paganism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are african men good lovers in bed? (Jul '09) 3 min terri 142
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min the deplorable Jo... 1,431,330
why are white women obsessed with black men (Sep '07) 7 min terri 716
Fat White Dude is PISSED! 12 min Hebrew Supremacist 1
Are white women-black men relationships viewed ... (Aug '12) 15 min terri 70
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 16 min asd 1,205
Why did they Nuked Japan but not Germany??? 20 min Hebrew Supremacist 220
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 29 min Who 48,727
Black Protesters 38 min Oh No You Di-nt 45
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 1 hr terri 35,212
IR at the walmart 1 hr FABULICIOUS 45
More from around the web