A puerto rican woman says she's black
WTF

Wilmington, DE

#124 Oct 27, 2013
Creole is a culture, not a race. You only hear blacks and mixed blacks refer to mixed blacks in Louisiana as 'Creole'. What are mixed blacks elsewhere? Typical NVS 'd*ck ridin', wanting to be anything but black. So prevalent today. Nothing new. Not surprised...
Malic wrote:
@ HotnCute,
Of Course! Louisiana is right next door to Texas. I even have creole family members and they look breath-taking beautiful! Mulatto-like and beautiful.
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H

Anaheim, CA

#125 Oct 27, 2013
WTF wrote:
Creole is a culture, not a race. You only hear blacks and mixed blacks refer to mixed blacks in Louisiana as 'Creole'. What are mixed blacks elsewhere? Typical NVS 'd*ck ridin', wanting to be anything but black. So prevalent today. Nothing new. Not surprised...
<quoted text>
okay, now that we've determined that...is mary a mixed black?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H

Anaheim, CA

#126 Oct 27, 2013
Malic wrote:
Creole is BLACK! I got family members!! I have a friend who's mixed Latino and claim to be Creole. She got the same complexion, look and all and look BLACK even at a high, light complex....and they consider themselves Black but say, "Creole."
These people could pass for Peurto Ricans but have an authentic "Black" appeal to them.....AND NOT ASHAME TO ADMIT IT.
(P.S....I Love ya, Mary)
Hahahah.....(just messing with ya, girl)
creole is black, puerto rican (with african) is black...it's hard for Mary to understand...perhaps she just doesn't have it.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#127 Oct 27, 2013
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H wrote:
<quoted text>
creole is black, puerto rican (with african) is black...it's hard for Mary to understand...perhaps she just doesn't have it.
I'm just saying that the average puerto rican doesn't look the same as the average AA, why? Because puerto ricans have spanish and native ancestry too, I never said we didn't had african ancestry.(PS: New yoricans aren't the average looking puerto ricans)
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H

Anaheim, CA

#128 Oct 27, 2013
Mary_ M wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying that the average puerto rican doesn't look the same as the average AA, why? Because puerto ricans have spanish and native ancestry too, I never said we didn't had african ancestry.(PS: New yoricans aren't the average looking puerto ricans)
lmfao! oh NOW newyoricans don't REALLY count as puerto ricans lmfao! you a trip you know that? no, and the average creole person does not look the same as the average AA, hence the stereotypes about us having "good hair and light skin etc."...what are they comparing the "creole" look to? african americans! That doesn't make creoles "not black" as you are trying to make yourself out to be. Anyone with african blood is black.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#129 Oct 27, 2013
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H wrote:
<quoted text>
lmfao! oh NOW newyoricans don't REALLY count as puerto ricans lmfao! you a trip you know that? no, and the average creole person does not look the same as the average AA, hence the stereotypes about us having "good hair and light skin etc."...what are they comparing the "creole" look to? african americans! That doesn't make creoles "not black" as you are trying to make yourself out to be. Anyone with african blood is black.
Most newyoricans have never been to the island, nor have experienced culture as me. The are puerto ricans, but not the average, you can't compare someone that has been living all his/her life in the states to someone that has lived on the island. Like I said, going to New York and seeing puerto ricans there doesn't give you the right to compare them to the ones here. It's like going to Taco Bell, order tacos and say that tacos taste and look that specific way because you went to an americanized food chain that serves "mexican" food instead of going to Mexico. How can you talk about a group of people when you don't know their culture, history, or haven't even been to their country? And no, NY doesn't count.

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#130 Oct 27, 2013
generalize* not compare
Lopez

Perris, CA

#131 Oct 27, 2013
Mary_ M wrote:
<quoted text>
Most newyoricans have never been to the island, nor have experienced culture as me. The are puerto ricans, but not the average, you can't compare someone that has been living all his/her life in the states to someone that has lived on the island. Like I said, going to New York and seeing puerto ricans there doesn't give you the right to compare them to the ones here. It's like going to Taco Bell, order tacos and say that tacos taste and look that specific way because you went to an americanized food chain that serves "mexican" food instead of going to Mexico. How can you talk about a group of people when you don't know their culture, history, or haven't even been to their country? And no, NY doesn't count.
Dang girl your breaking them off with the realism lol.,,,Dont hurt them haha
Malic

Pasadena, TX

#132 Oct 27, 2013
@ WTF,

Dude, I don't care. I've seen Creole people. They do look Puerto Rican. I have them in my family. They don't really come around unless there's a Family Reunion. And they look a high-yellow People.....like they're mixed Black and Latino.

I don't really question how they view themselves. The family just say, they're Creole. There's a lot of them in Louisiana. Distant family, and hell, one of them (my cousins), almost had "a thing" for each others but family ties kept us from going through.

All I'm saying, Puerto Ricans, to me, is indigenous Black and other nationality that bring you the Puerto Rican People.

Most of you trying to put out a "White Identity" mark on the Puerto Ricans and that's just not so. Whites didn't make the Puerto Ricans. Blacks did!

Blacks is the Race. Whites are Recessive and does not make a Race or ethnicity. Whites themselves, are an Ethnicity so, how can they make the Puerto Rican People???

This is why, on the island, someone like Mary would believe White Ricans are the authentic Identity that made the Puerto Ricans. They are not. Blacks made them!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#134 Oct 27, 2013
Malic wrote:
@ WTF,
Dude, I don't care. I've seen Creole people. They do look Puerto Rican. I have them in my family. They don't really come around unless there's a Family Reunion. And they look a high-yellow People.....like they're mixed Black and Latino.
I don't really question how they view themselves. The family just say, they're Creole. There's a lot of them in Louisiana. Distant family, and hell, one of them (my cousins), almost had "a thing" for each others but family ties kept us from going through.
All I'm saying, Puerto Ricans, to me, is indigenous Black and other nationality that bring you the Puerto Rican People.
Most of you trying to put out a "White Identity" mark on the Puerto Ricans and that's just not so. Whites didn't make the Puerto Ricans. Blacks did!
Blacks is the Race. Whites are Recessive and does not make a Race or ethnicity. Whites themselves, are an Ethnicity so, how can they make the Puerto Rican People???
This is why, on the island, someone like Mary would believe White Ricans are the authentic Identity that made the Puerto Ricans. They are not. Blacks made them!
For the last time, I swear I'm going to copy paste all my previous post because all I'm doing is repeating my self. BLACKS, WHITES, AND TAINOS made puerto ricans, if it wasn't for blacks we would be different, if it wasn't for white we would be different, if it wasn't for tainos we would be different. Those three groups conform us. Puerto ricans don't have a distinguish look, some are pale, some are dark, some have straight hair, others have wavy or curly hair, some have brown eyes, others have green, blue, hazel eyes. You can't put a white looking puerto rican and say that all puerto ricans look like that, you can't put a black looking puerto rican and say that all look like that. If it wasn't for the spaniards we wouldn't have our language, names, dances, dishes, etc. Our history wouldn't be the same. If we didn't have africans the same thing would have happened. Like I said, how can you speak for me, a puerto rican, that has lived all her life in PUERTO RICO, not New York, not the Bronx. I see with my own eyes my patriots every single day. I know my history, I know and experience my culture. If puerto rican culture was conform only with african it would be pretty similar to yours or to the other caribbean islands. In some ways they are similar, like in some dishes, but other dishes resemble spanish ones. Same thing goes for the folkloric dances, "bomba" isn't the only folkloric dance here. I have seen similarities in my culture to other hispanic countries as well. Like I said, one race didn't made us, three did. Taking away one is like having a sundae without the ice cream, it would never be the same.
Malic

Pasadena, TX

#135 Oct 27, 2013
@ Mr. Lomba,

Yo can make that statement to Mary. She is part Black, dummy. You're essentially telling her to disown part of her heritage. I bet she won't do that. And I bet you she want see herself as totally Puerto Rican without BOTH Latino and Black.

So, this render your rambling incoherent and delusional. Look at all the Island people around the Northern Hemisphere and compare it to other islands around the rest of the world and you WILL NOT find a mixed people such as ours.

That shows, Blacks is very much intacted with the identity of the Island people than it is, without them.

Stop hating, Racist. We don't claim YOU! We claim those with our African blood. Not your White Recessive, inferior genes, bi*tch!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#136 Oct 27, 2013
Malic wrote:
@ Mr. Lomba,
Yo can make that statement to Mary. She is part Black, dummy. You're essentially telling her to disown part of her heritage. I bet she won't do that. And I bet you she want see herself as totally Puerto Rican without BOTH Latino and Black.
So, this render your rambling incoherent and delusional. Look at all the Island people around the Northern Hemisphere and compare it to other islands around the rest of the world and you WILL NOT find a mixed people such as ours.
That shows, Blacks is very much intacted with the identity of the Island people than it is, without them.
Stop hating, Racist. We don't claim YOU! We claim those with our African blood. Not your White Recessive, inferior genes, bi*tch!
I have said that I'm proud of ALL my heritage, black, native, and spanish, why do I have to put one on top of the other if it identifies me equally? The US has done a good job on brainwashing people and putting only two options to consider, you are white or black period, but if you just use a little of common sense and stop thinking similarly like others you will see that it goes beyond that. We both have african blood, but why don't we have a similar look? Because the rest of our ethnic background is different. I personally identify myself as latin/hispanic, why? Because of culture, ethnicity, etc. Not because I think that being considered black is inferior nor being considered white is superior. I just don't put any of the races that conform me on top, for me all three are equal. I have experienced all three cultures, all are wonderful.
Lopez

Perris, CA

#137 Oct 27, 2013
Malic wrote:
@ WTF,
Dude, I don't care. I've seen Creole people. They do look Puerto Rican. I have them in my family. They don't really come around unless there's a Family Reunion. And they look a high-yellow People.....like they're mixed Black and Latino.
I don't really question how they view themselves. The family just say, they're Creole. There's a lot of them in Louisiana. Distant family, and hell, one of them (my cousins), almost had "a thing" for each others but family ties kept us from going through.
All I'm saying, Puerto Ricans, to me, is indigenous Black and other nationality that bring you the Puerto Rican People.
Most of you trying to put out a "White Identity" mark on the Puerto Ricans and that's just not so. Whites didn't make the Puerto Ricans. Blacks did!
Blacks is the Race. Whites are Recessive and does not make a Race or ethnicity. Whites themselves, are an Ethnicity so, how can they make the Puerto Rican People???
This is why, on the island, someone like Mary would believe White Ricans are the authentic Identity that made the Puerto Ricans. They are not. Blacks made them!
Your a radical.Black is not a race as science dispells those assumptions.Race is nothing but a human pereception thats used as a way so that we can identify each other with a glance of the eye ,furthermore you are mixed and are not pure yourself so you dont even meet the qualifications to be considered a race.
You need to get off your high horse and stop acting like your god's gift to humanity and realize that the Mestizo's and Spanish criolles were in Puerto Rico longer to the introduction of the African Slave.
I dont know about you but I see a distinctive look that differs from AA's that seperates them...maybe you need to focus in better.

And dont lie you know you had nasty thoughts about your cousin lol
Malic

United States

#138 Oct 27, 2013
@ Mary,

Hey, I agree. My fight parallels your fight. I'm just more so, respecting the african blood of the Puerto Ricans while acknowledging the other nationalities like, Tainos and Whites.

You have most of these White-looking P.R. who's trying to disown the Black heritage, Mary. And my complaint to them is that, their White-side more racial to the Black identity of the Puerto Ricans. And because of that, one can see, the White-side P.R. aren't as visibly, culturally, as the Black-side P.R.

So, while the White-side is very much involve with the identity of P.R., they do not have a monopoly on the identity of the P.R. and need to stfu because they rarely contribute anything to the identity of the Puerto Ricans except practice racial separatist attitudes.....just like their White gene specie do in the U.S.

That's all I'm saying.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H

Anaheim, CA

#140 Oct 27, 2013
Mary_ M wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said that I'm proud of ALL my heritage, black, native, and spanish, why do I have to put one on top of the other if it identifies me equally?
Mary...what makes you an I RACIALLY different besides country? NOTHING!! I am black in america...I am in REALITY a mixed-race woman....THEREFORE, you are BLACK in america! CAPISHE?!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Malic

United States

#142 Oct 27, 2013
@ Lopez,

Bro, Black is a race. C'mon now. I researched this stuff for years, man. We are indigenous to Planet Earth and there was none before us.

Did you know our haplo markers identify us as the Modern Humans? And Whites as inferior and came from us as, Albinos?

You can look at the general genetic make-up between us and Whites and see that Blacks is the Lone Race while everyone else is an ethnicity. Blacks spawn humanity/Mankind, not Whites. This is anthropology proven, dude.

btw, HELL YEAH I had nasty thoughts about her!! Haha. I was young though.Haha.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lopez

Perris, CA

#143 Oct 27, 2013
Genevieve has to be a prison dyke
Cedric

Hollywood, FL

#145 Oct 27, 2013
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary...what makes you an I RACIALLY different besides country? NOTHING!! I am black in america...I am in REALITY a mixed-race woman....THEREFORE, you are BLACK in america! CAPISHE?!
You are not a dam Creole! Why yall black stupid heffas always trying to be something you aint! You are a freaking slave descendent black tar white wannabe. Just deal with it and stop harassing people with your self loathing stankin azz.we sick of you.

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#147 Oct 27, 2013
Genevieve11 AKA Tres H wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary...what makes you an I RACIALLY different besides country? NOTHING!! I am black in america...I am in REALITY a mixed-race woman....THEREFORE, you are BLACK in america! CAPISHE?!
Thing is I don't live in the US, just use common sense, how can I be fully black if I'm mixed with other two groups? Like I said, we live in different countries, you have your way of thinking, I have mine.
Malic

United States

#148 Oct 27, 2013
@ Mr. Lomba,

How is Gene locking Mary in?? Mary, herself, ACKNOWLEDGE her Black heritage, dude. Why can't you accept that?

Why don't you ask Mary how she sees her breakdown as a Latina Woman. Ask her? Instead of addressing others about Mary, ask the lady herself.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reparations? How about ~7 Trillion? 5 min Spotted Girl 7
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 7 min Giulia 5,520
News Al Sharpton blasts 'racist' Trump adviser for '... 11 min goonsquad 72
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 12 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 35,011
Why are most white people racist? 12 min Spotted Girl 2,133
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min DBWriter 1,264,230
Black men not to the Japanese women's taste? (Dec '07) 19 min Alittleblack 752
BW are evil, devious, vindictive and WM can hav... 21 min Mister Please 72
Trump will destroy America ! 1 hr PolakPotrafi 59
Buying A New BMW X5 Tomorrow:) 2 hr The Black Foreigner 36
All women prefer white men (Jan '15) 4 hr enoch powell 5,433
More from around the web