“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#68 Oct 26, 2013
first generation mixed folk should identify as bi-racial because the are. But bottom line if they want to identify as blabk, metizo or whatever dont argue with them.
Just be grounded in what you believe.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#69 Oct 26, 2013
some fool on here stated his younger son had 'good' hair at the roots, LOL!
Malic

Pasadena, TX

#70 Oct 26, 2013
@Dragonpat,

.....when he get a low haircut, bald-like, it very wavy at the scalp. Brushing it won't straighten it. When it grows out, it's a little more coarse like AA hair (if I don't grease it).....similar to your Avatar pic.

It I grease it, it become slick and straight because it's longer then. His hair can grow mid-way to his back. And I had to put beads on it or it'll make a big "looping curl" upward. That's the problem, it won't straighten.

Right now, he got a Taper (a little fro at the top and faded on the side and in the back). Even with that, the fro is just "looping curls" that rolls back, not forward and straight.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Malic

Pasadena, TX

#71 Oct 26, 2013
Older son would pass for a Puerto Rican. Natural straight hair. So, I don't give a fu*k what you think of them. The girls at their school like them. Neighbor girl next door can't get enough of my oldest that he has to sneak outside without her seeing, to go play ball down the street.

Three of my oldest son's teacher tried to holler at me. All credit to my son but I'm married. And even you would fall in love with them, and give them some "sugar" on the cheeks. Be blessed, sistah.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Junior

Wilmington, DE

#72 Oct 26, 2013
Whatever the case, my friend (Puerto Rico born) couldn't look more different then my ex who is a full Spaniard (born/raised in Madrid), straight black hair, hazel eyes, average height. She actually looks more Italian. My friend and his family resemble Mediterranean Moors except that they are tall and the men have almost no facial hair.
Mary_ M wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy paste from the link I gave you:
the 19th century the greatest number of Spaniards that came to the island with their families were Catalans and Mallorcans from the nearby Mediterranean regions.
The second most common Spanish region with the largest numbers were the Galicians and Asturians, and the third regions were Canary Islanders, Basques and Andalusians. The Catalans, Galicians, Mallorcans and Asturians would come with whole families most of the time.
When the Moors came the spanish language was still in progress and many arabic words were introduced to what we know now as the spanish language.
d cool fresh

Washington, DC

#73 Oct 26, 2013
I gotta an homegirl live in hackensack new jersey was orginally born&raised in boogie down bronx
Right there in south bronx let it be known straight
Up mix with black&puerto rican boriquen her blood.

She from the old school era still keep it old school at least her intelligent mind lack of never forgetting the parents brought her up told her your mix with black&puerto rican spanish Latina her parents said
I grew up from the old school era way back of 70's even my parents was from the caribbean islands Trinidad&tobago and me&my sister was raised up in brooklyn,new york both of us old school children
My fams are from sweet t&t really never been there now definitely have an half brother name vincent live in Trinidad&tobago and always came to realize i got some Trinny in my blood from my parents
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#74 Oct 26, 2013
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO! I was in the bronx and they all looked black to me.
Quit fcuking lyin

http://cbs923now.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/...

http://www.prdream.com/wordpress/wp-content/u...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7081/7360378148...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#75 Oct 26, 2013
Malic wrote:
@ Mary
Latinas that are White, passes for White. My whole point Mary, if you got African blood in you, and have a certain African-look....(which you have in the nose and lips), you will be consider Black in the U.S. Mary.
Nah IVigga you full of dog-shyt- shut your dumb azz up and quit lyin to the girl. Let's test your BS right now. You know dam well they don't view puerto ricans/hispanics as black in america, unless they look like Miguel Cotto..which most don't. race=physical description. If anyone with a little African look is seen as black in america, why do police/law enforcement always refer to puerto ricans as "hispanic" for their "description", and not "black", like when describing African Americans?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#76 Oct 26, 2013
candaycoated wrote:
A very interesting article
http://1nedrop.com/who-is-black-by-rosa-cleme...
By: Rosa Clemente
What was your point of showing this article? To get some self-esteem because a member of a mixed race group wants to be associated with blacknes? look at the title of this thread; WOW!! OMG! "a puerto rican says she's black!!!" LOL..Sounding all happy an shyt. You people are as pathetic as it gets.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#77 Oct 26, 2013
Mary_ M wrote:
<quoted text>] We both have african ancestry, but you can't compare the average AA to the average puerto rican, there would be clearly some difference in looks.
True. When these people here tell you having black blood in america you are seen as black, they lying to you. There are alot of differences, like you said, which is why police/law enforcement use "black" for AA "description", and hispanic/latino for puerto rican "description", when looking for them. Puerto ricans never get called black by nobody in America including the police.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#78 Oct 26, 2013
Mary_ M wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want to be called something that I'm not a 100%. I can't be called white, nor black.
Don't even worry with them. You do not look black and people will not see you as black anywhere but hispanic. There is the blacks from spanish speaking countries that actually look black and should identify as such. You're not one of them and I don't think you're racist for not identifying as black.
Tony touch

Framingham, MA

#79 Oct 26, 2013
Trouble wrote:
<quoted text>What was your point of showing this article? To get some self-esteem because a member of a mixed race group wants to be associated with blacknes? look at the title of this thread; WOW!! OMG! "a puerto rican says she's black!!!" LOL..Sounding all happy an shyt. You people are as pathetic as it gets.
Candy is eye-tallion like you

Now shhhhaddup

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#80 Oct 26, 2013
Junior wrote:
Whatever the case, my friend (Puerto Rico born) couldn't look more different then my ex who is a full Spaniard (born/raised in Madrid), straight black hair, hazel eyes, average height. She actually looks more Italian. My friend and his family resemble Mediterranean Moors except that they are tall and the men have almost no facial hair.
<quoted text>
Yes, but not all puerto ricans have that resemblance. Puerto rican men come in many heights, mostly from 5"8 and up, while the average puerto rican women height is 5"4. Physically, if you ever come to the island you will see the whole mix, not all will look as your friend. My hair is straight and black, my eyes are hazel, but I don't look spanish. My grandmother is from Sevilla, and my other grandmother who is puerto rican looks more spanish than her. So you can't compare every puerto rican and say that all of us resemble to your friend. Like I said, there is a whole mix in facial features, in hair texture, in heights, and in skin.
If I see a blonde spaniard of course I'm not going to say that all are blonde because I only saw one.
Malic

Pasadena, TX

#81 Oct 26, 2013
@ Trouble,

Dummy, what the hell you talking about??? Don't put words in my mouth. I never said Ricans and Mexicans are the same, and never said Mexicans look Black.

Learn how to read, fool.

Smh....

Ricans and Mexicans don't like being lumped together. It's an insult. And the spanish Language don't breakdown the same way between the two. You're a fool.....I know more about your culture than you do.

And as far as Law Enforcement identifying between Blacks and Ricans, of course there's clear differences. That's not what I was saying. Ricans, like your New York Gaint WR.....dude look BLACK and he's a Rican.

Out here in Texas, they have strong African features and these are just the ones with African blood in them. I made that clear. Even Mary stated she has African Blood in her and recognize BOTH of her Latino and African heritage.

So, what the fu*k you coming at me for? Smh.Silly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#82 Oct 26, 2013
Malic wrote:
And in the states, if you so much as look like you got Black blood in you, you are BLACK in America's eyes. That's just the way it is.
If you argue you're mixed this and that, Americans gonna see you disowning yourself. You either Black or you White. No in between. Obama is mixed but to America, he is Black.
Halle Berry is mixed. To America, she's Black. Just the way it is.
Malic this is your BS comment that i was responding to. You said "if you as much look like you have black blood in you, you are BLACK in amrica's eyes"- that is BS, sir. Alot of puerto ricans' black blood is visibly seen, and like you admitted, police/law enforcement never refer to them as "black", for their description. You say "you are neither black or white, no in betwen"- BS again. That applies to AA only. Because if it applied to hispanics then police would use "black" for their description like AAs, they don't. Puerto ricans have a distinct look from mixed African Americans..it aint the same; nobody would mistake obama for hispanic, nor halle berry...your look is completely different whether mixed or not...which is why police/law enforcement never use "black" for their description, they view you as looking different, so your BS about "you are either black or white", or "if you look like you have black in you, you're viewed as black in america", is false.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#85 Oct 26, 2013
Malic wrote:
I think his last name is Cruz. When he score a touchdown, he does the Salsa dance. That dude. He's a Rican. And he's Black like an American Black.
So, that's all Im saying dude.
Victor Cruz. Then you lame-brain retards have to specify that you're referring to "black" puerto ricans. There are also black cubans , black columbians..etc, but that don't mean the whole ethnic group are black people, like you try to imply. The majority of puerto ricans look like this, nothing like AA
http://cbs923now.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#87 Oct 26, 2013
Malic wrote:
Trouble, you are being unbelievable, dude. By Americans, I meant ordinary citizens. Now, you knew damn well I wasn't talking about the Law Enforcement ---- of course it's their job to know the difference.
Malic, you topix retard: i wasn't just referring to law enforcement..i used them as a perfect "example" because they are a government institution and authority..since you say "America" views anyone with black blood as black. When police/law enforcement are looking for a person and they give their "description" as Hispanic/Latino, obviously that should tell you they know the "ordinary citizens" know the appearance of most hispanics and that there's a stark difference between them blacks. That should tell your slow azz that it means the general population in America view hispanics in the same way police do. Likewise if the average puerto rican like the ones i showed you committed a crime and the "ordinary citizens give police their "description", they would never, and have never described puerto ricans as "blacks"---dummy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#91 Oct 26, 2013
LMAO...truly pathetic.

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#94 Oct 26, 2013
Malic wrote:
And some of those girls got Black blood in them too. Wow man, I swear... you phony, dude. I went to college in Rochester N.Y. I been through Brooklyn, NYC and Bronx.
My ex gal was a Puerto Rican.....same tone Mary here. I seen her Sorority girl and the Frat. and these people LOOK and ACT BLACK. Hey, My ex P.R. acted more Black than me!
You just one of those faggot-a**, wanna-be-White. I bet you twist your a** when you walk. And say sh*t like, "OMG."
Get outta here, phony-boy!
I ought to call some of my buddies up there to jump your phony a**.
I hate puerto ricans that act that way, but don't compere that way of acting to the ones here, it is visible different. When I went to the US people did asked me if I was mexican, colombian, cuban, or venezuelan, that would mean that I still look hispanic. I do agree on something with Trouble, if two years back I would have been in Arizona I bet cops would pull me out asking for my "papers".
candaycoated

Wichita, KS

#95 Oct 26, 2013
Trouble wrote:
<quoted text>What was your point of showing this article? To get some self-esteem because a member of a mixed race group wants to be associated with blacknes? look at the title of this thread; WOW!! OMG! "a puerto rican says she's black!!!" LOL..Sounding all happy an shyt. You people are as pathetic as it gets.
lol no I just thought it was interesting I seen the story on my facebook.I never seen a puerto rican say something like that before.Really I could care less,I see puerto ricans as hispanic not black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NAACP plans Mother of the Year banquet Friday 4 min Lisa 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,224,817
Black Men Are Insecure (Apr '13) 6 min T-BOS 310
Efficiently and humanely shipping blacks back t... 9 min Donny Brook 7
Animosity towards Blacks cost USA its Superpowe... 10 min Tme 56
Why do Black People Always Call White People In... (Oct '13) 13 min DerekJ 19
Why do I hate white people so much? 14 min Donny Brook 182
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 17 min Carly HI YAH 118,632
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 32 min Curious Me 33,179
Freddie Gray's knife 32 min smfh 46