Black women with black spots on legs

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
justsurfin

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Apr 26, 2012
While growing up I developed a lot of black spots on my legs from scars. My knees are unusually dark. I would like to even out my skin tone or maybe lighten them a bit but with an even look. These spots were not very apparent to me until now. I'm a teenage and would like to wear dresses and skirts. I rarely see women of other races with this except for black women. I would like some advice. What would you use to remove spots and then even out skin tone in about a month or two before summer?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
justsurfin

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Apr 26, 2012
These are not my legs but look very similar to my legs
http://www.realself.com/files/me-009-22822.JP...
brownskin_beauty

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 26, 2012
justsurfin wrote:
While growing up I developed a lot of black spots on my legs from scars. My knees are unusually dark. I would like to even out my skin tone or maybe lighten them a bit but with an even look. These spots were not very apparent to me until now. I'm a teenage and would like to wear dresses and skirts. I rarely see women of other races with this except for black women. I would like some advice. What would you use to remove spots and then even out skin tone in about a month or two before summer?
I had the same problem with my knees and what helped lighten them were lemons I know that sounds silly, but it actually works, my grandma gave me the idea Idk where she got it from

Level 2

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 26, 2012
justsurfin wrote:
Got your back girl! get a sugar scrub use it at least 4 times weekly then purchase a good bleach cream nadinola or othine are strongest on market without a prescription! use every day , you will see a change in about 3 weeks use a sunscreen daily .
LaChaniq

United States

#5 Apr 26, 2012
justsurfin wrote:
Cocoa butter worked for me.
Pericles

United States

#6 Apr 26, 2012
Why do a lot of southern black women refuse to shave their legs? Is that an African thing or rebellion of the American culture?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
justsurfin

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Apr 28, 2012
Pericles wrote:
Why do a lot of southern black women refuse to shave their legs? Is that an African thing or rebellion of the American culture?
Is that suppose to be an answer to my question? and by the way I do shave my legs.
Giggs

Croydon, UK

#8 Apr 28, 2012
justsurfin wrote:
You can get laser surgery if they bother you.

However those marks are not really a big deal.

I used to think naked ladies looked like the ones in magazines......However it turns out most people have marks on their skin.

Its just normal. Wear your skirt.
Anonymous

United States

#9 Apr 28, 2012
Pericles wrote:
Is there any particular reason why you concern yourself with a black womans legs??

Ambi soap and cocoa butter to the op!

“Instant karma”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 28, 2012
justsurfin wrote:
These are not my legs but look very similar to my legs
http://www.realself.com/files/me-009-22822.JP...
Have you tried body brushing? I try to brush at least once a day. Your skin will be really, really soft.

I don't know how well it removes scars but it does help with bruising. I bruise easily and had a huge black/blue bruise on my upper arm. I had never seen anything like it. Anyway, I just started brushing it with my body brush as often as I could and it went away within a week. That's really good considering it usually takes a few weeks. So, maybe it will help heal scars.

Also, I use shea butter. I think it also helps to even out skin. I've heard that you can rub castor oil directly on scars to fade them.
UruEuWauWau

Blumenau, Brazil

#11 Apr 28, 2012
lovey26x wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried body brushing? I try to brush at least once a day. Your skin will be really, really soft.
I don't know how well it removes scars but it does help with bruising. I bruise easily and had a huge black/blue bruise on my upper arm. I had never seen anything like it. Anyway, I just started brushing it with my body brush as often as I could and it went away within a week. That's really good considering it usually takes a few weeks. So, maybe it will help heal scars.
Also, I use shea butter. I think it also helps to even out skin. I've heard that you can rub castor oil directly on scars to fade them.
Duuuuym those annoyin' bliek spotz! ;-D From what I see lovely shouldn't worry, she doesn't have any. ;^) Hugz from tropical autumn-winter hot BRA. ;-D
UruEuWauWau

Blumenau, Brazil

#12 Apr 28, 2012
justsurfin wrote:
Well, the basic rule is always the simplest one & the same. ;-) Kiddo, go to a dermatologist. In order to remove the consequence ya have to find out the cause 1st. ;-) & in this case, causes can be many. ;-P Skin is just a reflection of various chemical processes within the body itself. Make sure ya eat healthy food ya are not alergic to. Beside a healthy diet, a good dermatologist is a must here. ;-)

“Instant karma”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13 Apr 28, 2012
UruEuWauWau wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuuuym those annoyin' bliek spotz! ;-D From what I see lovely shouldn't worry, she doesn't have any. ;^) Hugz from tropical autumn-winter hot BRA. ;-D
Fortunately, I don't have many scars. A few...but that's normal.

How are things, Uru?
UruEuWauWau

Blumenau, Brazil

#14 Apr 29, 2012
lovey26x wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, I don't have many scars. A few...but that's normal.
How are things, Uru?
Eaew, belez?! ;-D Blessed ya & yo' sexy legs. ;-) Here in BRA it's all cool & Imma a smooth operator as ever, lovely. Heheheheh ;-D It goes w/o sayin' that the bizz & the dynamics involved is a bit grindin', but then surfin', swimmin', good healthy food & a lot of music can fix all & help one refill the batteries. ;-D W/ ya here it'd surely be even better. ;-) Hope ya are doin' fine too, sis. ;-) Stay blessed. Bjka ;^)

“ dreaming of revelry”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

West Palm Beach, FL

#15 Apr 29, 2012
ambi fade cream,$5.crap works TOO fast imo.very good for dark spots.
chinile

UK

#16 Sep 3, 2012
Am a dark gurl but I av dark spot on my arms nd legs,please what can I use that can clear the scar? Worried gurl
Queen

Powhatan, LA

#17 Sep 4, 2012
I think you should try coca butter, but the good kind (cost like 5 dollars & it smells ;p) use that EVERY night (not in the morning so you wont be hot). You could even try scrubing your knees with lemons. I have this same problem v.v I am 13 years old african american and I hate my legs because of the spots. I really hoped I help. I'm in the process of getting rid of my dark spots. I wish you and me the best of luck :*
mostwanted

Diego Martin, Trinidad and Tobago

#18 Sep 24, 2012
Take rough skin lemon juice an use it at night on the area you want lighten and wash it off in the morning...it is a little sticky and the acid in the lemon may scratch when now applied but once dry its good and it works fast too.

And when you wash it off then apply a fade cream
ama

UK

#19 Jan 10, 2013
I also do have a scar on my leg,am using ambi fade cream for it,is working for it,but it takes time,for it fades out gradually.
pearl

South Africa

#20 Feb 17, 2013
I also have scars on my legs nd i need advise nd my feet on top are dark any Advise???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 11 min KiloEcho 46,307
Why Nicole Scherzinger Don't Claim Black Blood? (Mar '10) 13 min Khalisa 1,397
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 25 min Sara 241
Dear White People 28 min Nope 112
Black men who date White women are uncle toms! 37 min 2 Dogs 22
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 39 min Blah 40
The United State of Jones 53 min 2 Dogs 13
The UK has left the EU 3 hr Moses 90
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 3 hr Moses 32,584
More from around the web