the moors were black africans not ara...

“khamsa ou khamis”

Since: Dec 07

Brooklyn, New York

#2901 Jun 29, 2010
C-DIDDY-- what do you mean there is no such thing as Berbers???!!!!

WTF? Why dont you try telling that to the 80 million people of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania who identify themselves as Berber people and speak Berber languages?

And while you are at it-- go tell the Native American that they never existed... and the Hmong of Laos that they are a merely a fairytale and the Basques that they are figment of French imagination. Go ahead-- I dare you. It will be fun to see the reaction you get.

You are so quick to promote "black superiority" that in your hasty ignorance you are actually making your self come across as intellectually inferior. It is a shame and terrible injustice you are doing to all those great black scholars and civilizations that actually did exist. Try not to talk about things which you so clearly know nothing about.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2902 Jun 29, 2010
Asmara wrote:
<quoted text>
The Moors were indeed originally from africa. However-- it is important to recognize that they came mainly from the Maghreb. Their ancestry was Berber-- and these people could not be called "black" by modern standards. They should not be called "white" either. They were simply Berber or North African. That being said one should also point out that the Islamic Caliphate forces (very similiar to the Persian and Roman Empires) did include many soldiers and nobles from "Black" Subsaharan and East Africa as well as of course Arabs. Furthermore-- you should also take into account that anyone who practiced Islam in Al-Andalus or Europe was referred to as a "moor" and this included European converts of which there were a significant number at the time.
My Main Points:
1. The Arab role was not minor-- they were the gas that fueled the engine.
2. Moors generally referred to peoples of North African or Berber descent-- but also included Arabs, Blacks and Europeans. Dont be so quick to overgeneralize civilizations.
lOVE your beautiful avatar, sweetheart!

What does "khamsa fi einayk" mean?

“aka L-RAY”

Since: Jun 09

A-town

#2904 Jun 29, 2010
Asmara wrote:
<quoted text>
The Moors were indeed originally from africa. However-- it is important to recognize that they came mainly from the Maghreb. Their ancestry was Berber-- and these people could not be called "black" by modern standards. They should not be called "white" either. They were simply Berber or North African. That being said one should also point out that the Islamic Caliphate forces (very similiar to the Persian and Roman Empires) did include many soldiers and nobles from "Black" Subsaharan and East Africa as well as of course Arabs. Furthermore-- you should also take into account that anyone who practiced Islam in Al-Andalus or Europe was referred to as a "moor" and this included European converts of which there were a significant number at the time.
My Main Points:
1. The Arab role was not minor-- they were the gas that fueled the engine.
2. Moors generally referred to peoples of North African or Berber descent-- but also included Arabs, Blacks and Europeans. Dont be so quick to overgeneralize civilizations.
Assmara like I told your boy Clueless Monkey Maghreb don't consider themselves Moors and aren't considered Moors by historians either...There is no such thing as a Berber is a Eurocentric term meant to confuse the general public by claiming all North Africans form very diffrent backgrounds are the same Caucasian race when that's far from fact...There are black native North Africans, arab settler North Africans, and lastly decndents of European slaves and settler North Africans..Only the Hassinya speakers of the Sahel region of Africa but most densely concentrated in Mauritania are considered Moors...Clearly you havne't seen many Moors cause these people could only be describes as blacks which is why that's exactly what there name giving to them by Europeans means.

How do you figure Maghreb are Moors when they don't consider themselves Moors and while there are still Moorish decendents whom happen to be black that are both considered Moors by themselves and historians? it's more than likely Maghred decendended from these people

WHEN EUROPEANS WERE SLAVES: RESEARCH SUGGESTS WHITE SLAVERY WAS MUCH MORE COMMON THAN PREVIOUSLY BELIEVED
COLUMBUS, Ohio – A new study suggests that a million or more European Christians were enslaved by Muslims in North Africa between 1530 and 1780 – a far greater number than had ever been estimated before.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/whtslav.h...

which is why there European features and bloodlines are so strong...Maghreb are not Moors just decendents of Europeans slaves brought to North Africa by the Moors and arabs which is why there Europan features are so strong and they are an highly looked down upon in North Africa.

No Moor only referred to the black Africans from the Sahel region of Africa whom conquered Europe...whites converts would be servants or slaves not Moors...

1) Arabs may have given the Moors inspiration to conquer Europe by conveting them to Islam but there acheivements were purely an knowledge and achiement were purely African.

2)No Moors referred to dark people from the Sahel region of Africa todays Mauritania in particular and those people are Africans...again European converts were slaves not Moors stupid.

“aka L-RAY”

A-town

#2905 Jun 29, 2010
Asmara wrote:
C-DIDDY-- what do you mean there is no such thing as Berbers???!!!!
WTF? Why dont you try telling that to the 80 million people of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania who identify themselves as Berber people and speak Berber languages?
And while you are at it-- go tell the Native American that they never existed... and the Hmong of Laos that they are a merely a fairytale and the Basques that they are figment of French imagination. Go ahead-- I dare you. It will be fun to see the reaction you get.
You are so quick to promote "black superiority" that in your hasty ignorance you are actually making your self come across as intellectually inferior. It is a shame and terrible injustice you are doing to all those great black scholars and civilizations that actually did exist. Try not to talk about things which you so clearly know nothing about.
Assmara most of the people of North Afirca consider themselves arab not Berber..The few that don't consider themselves arab claim their tribes not an Berber etnicity fool...Berber is an inaccuratte classification created by Eurocentrics to whitewash North African history by claiming they are all one Caucasian North African race when clearly that's not the reality on the ground...By you claiming they are Berbers you are repeating white supremacity and imosing a label on them that they never asked for...It's no secrete that most of North Afirca has been tranformed by arab conquest, European colonizatin, and the millions of European slaves shipped to North Africa by the Moors..North Africa is highly mixed now but during Ancient times the people didn't look much diffrent than the black peers on the rest of the continent...the only native North Africans are the black tribes such as the Moors, Tuareg,etc..most others are either arab decendents or mutts whom have nearly mixed out thier African heritage with Middl Easterners and to a smaller scale European transplants that settled in the region.

“aka L-RAY”

A-town

#2906 Jun 29, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Assmara like I told your boy Clueless Monkey Maghreb don't consider themselves Moors and aren't considered Moors by historians either...There is no such thing as a Berber is a Eurocentric term meant to confuse the general public by claiming all North Africans form very diffrent backgrounds are the same Caucasian race when that's far from fact...There are black native North Africans, arab settler North Africans, and lastly decndents of European slaves and settler North Africans..Only the Hassinya speakers of the Sahel region of Africa but most densely concentrated in Mauritania are considered Moors...Clearly you havne't seen many Moors cause these people could only be describes as blacks which is why that's exactly what there name giving to them by Europeans means.
How do you figure Maghreb are Moors when they don't consider themselves Moors and while there are still Moorish decendents whom happen to be black that are both considered Moors by themselves and historians? it's more than likely Maghred decendended from these people
WHEN EUROPEANS WERE SLAVES: RESEARCH SUGGESTS WHITE SLAVERY WAS MUCH MORE COMMON THAN PREVIOUSLY BELIEVED
COLUMBUS, Ohio – A new study suggests that a million or more European Christians were enslaved by Muslims in North Africa between 1530 and 1780 – a far greater number than had ever been estimated before.
which is why there European features and bloodlines are so strong...Maghreb are not Moors just decendents of Europeans slaves brought to North Africa by the Moors and arabs which is why there Europan features are so strong and they are an highly looked down upon in North Africa.
No Moor only referred to the black Africans from the Sahel region of Africa whom conquered Europe...whites converts would be servants or slaves not Moors...
1) Arabs may have given the Moors inspiration to conquer Europe by conveting them to Islam but there acheivements were purely an knowledge and achiement were purely African.
2)No Moors referred to dark people from the Sahel region of Africa todays Mauritania in particular and those people are Africans...again European converts were slaves not Moors stupid.
edite....but here achiements and knowledge was purely African.

“aka L-RAY”

A-town

#2907 Jun 29, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
edit

There is no such thing as a Berber which is an Eurocentric term

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#2908 Jun 29, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
edit
There is no such thing as a Berber which is an Eurocentric term
Some day, you'll wish upon a star,

and wake up where the Berbers are,

far behind you,

where troubles melt, like lemon drops,

away above the chimney tops.

That where we'll find you.

Somewhere over the rainbow,

BLUE MOORS fly.

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!

“aka L-RAY”

A-town

#2909 Jun 29, 2010
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Some day, you'll wish upon a star,
and wake up where the Berbers are,
far behind you,
where troubles melt, like lemon drops,
away above the chimney tops.
That where we'll find you.
Somewhere over the rainbow,
BLUE MOORS fly.
Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!
Exactly Curious Monkey...Keep calling North Africans Berbers ans as long as you devils are allowed to rewrite world history the rest of the world will follow no matter if they existed or not..it's been working so far so hey...

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#2910 Jun 30, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly Curious Monkey...Keep calling North Africans Berbers ans as long as you devils are allowed to rewrite world history the rest of the world will follow no matter if they existed or not..it's been working so far so hey...
Listen, CLOWN, there's no pity here for regressive buffoons, like YOU, that so ignorantly defy any conscious recognition of what is so very completely, and blatantly, obvious, to anyone, but the most feeble mindedly deluded simpletons.

Go back, and try REEAAALLLLLL HARD, to read post #2988.

I wasn't stuttering, when I said it, and none of it is fabrication.

“aka L-RAY”

A-town

#2911 Jun 30, 2010
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, CLOWN, there's no pity here for regressive buffoons, like YOU, that so ignorantly defy any conscious recognition of what is so very completely, and blatantly, obvious, to anyone, but the most feeble mindedly deluded simpletons.
Go back, and try REEAAALLLLLL HARD, to read post #2988.
I wasn't stuttering, when I said it, and none of it is fabrication.
No you listen Clueless Monkey...your whole theory of white African Moors whom were very name means blacks and were vivididly describes and illustrated as blacks by the people whom saw them goest against logic...and is total fabrication and wishful thinking that only the most dillusional crackers would be stupid enought to take serious.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#2912 Jul 1, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
No you listen Clueless Monkey...your whole theory of white African Moors whom were very name means blacks and were vivididly describes and illustrated as blacks by the people whom saw them goest against logic...and is total fabrication and wishful thinking that only the most dillusional crackers would be stupid enought to take serious.
Here you go, CLOWN.

The following quote is from a real East African, and what he has to say, to M©R©NS, like you...

but first, I'd just like to say, that YOU REALLY SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SPEAK BETTER ENGLISH.

"SeekTheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>

"This is the last time I reply to you, because you people give me a headache, and I can't remember the countless threads about Somalis,Ethiopians,Cushitic,Eg yptians,Horn Africans,North East Africans,Berbers,Moors etc.. that you blacks have created in this AA forum, and on our forums too, that me and my people have participated in and have had never-ending arguments with mindless ignorant black people like you. So I will not waste my time any further with you. But I will tell you this.
LEAVE US ALONE and claim WEST/CENTRAL Africa (they have great people and civilizations) and STOP claiming North and North/East Africans,our people,our history or civilizations. We are a different Race and have been ever since we split 50 to 80 thousand years ago.
Do yourself a favour and stop showcasing your irrelevance, self hatred and inferiority here."

“aka L-RAY”

A-town

#2913 Jul 1, 2010
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, CLOWN.
The following quote is from a real East African, and what he has to say, to M©R©NS, like you...
but first, I'd just like to say, that YOU REALLY SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SPEAK BETTER ENGLISH.
"SeekTheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
"This is the last time I reply to you, because you people give me a headache, and I can't remember the countless threads about Somalis,Ethiopians,Cushitic,Eg yptians,Horn Africans,North East Africans,Berbers,Moors etc.. that you blacks have created in this AA forum, and on our forums too, that me and my people have participated in and have had never-ending arguments with mindless ignorant black people like you. So I will not waste my time any further with you. But I will tell you this.
LEAVE US ALONE and claim WEST/CENTRAL Africa (they have great people and civilizations) and STOP claiming North and North/East Africans,our people,our history or civilizations. We are a different Race and have been ever since we split 50 to 80 thousand years ago.
Do yourself a favour and stop showcasing your irrelevance, self hatred and inferiority here."
Clueless Monkey..how does that qoute from that confused alleged East African relate to anything I've been saying? Moors homeland straddle the Sahel of Western Africa not East Africa dumb cavemutant.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#2914 Jul 1, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless Monkey..how does that qoute from that confused alleged East African relate to anything I've been saying? Moors homeland straddle the Sahel of Western Africa not East Africa dumb cavemutant.
...BECAUSE, you M©R©N, we're talking about NORTH Africa, not Sub-Saharan Africa.

GET AN EDUCATION, so that you'll finally know why it's so obvious to others, that you're just another ignorant AA buffoon.

First of all AA's are NOT 'E1b1b', secondly North Africa was completely UNINHABITED, until it was settled by Cromagnons from Iberia, and 'E1b1b' from Eurasia, not to mention 'J2' People from Mesopotamia.

Even 'G','T','I', & 'R1b' Haplotypes made it to North Africa, BEFORE any Sub-Saharans ever stepped foot on North African soil.

Moor does NOT mean 'BLACK', that's just some cockamamie convoluted story you inmates, of the AA asylum, made up.

You'd have to wade through thousands of ACTUAL Moros, in order to bump into some Sub-Saharan in Moor's clothing, and actual Moros ain't 'Black'.

Western Sub-Saharan Africans, and their descendants, are the only ones, to which the informal term 'Black' is meant to refer.

You are 'Black', and the Amazigh Moros are NOT.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2915 Jul 1, 2010
Everyone is a black sub-Saharan African. OK? You people feel better now?
golden lion

Charlotte, NC

#2916 Jul 11, 2010
For those who do not feel the moors were black, then explain to me why shakespeare desribed the moors as black in 3 of his plays? And why did the 17th century oxford dictionary says the moors were dark, swarthy, and negro? And why in some sicilian museums where there are old moorish plates and coins from the 12th century, the moors are seen as black with big lips and broad noses?
According to a 14th century arab historian by the name of ali ibn allah, he described the moorish king al mansur of spain of having a black berber mother and a half black, half arab father. And according to many rough el kartos, the moorish emperor yusuf ibn tashibin was described as a black skinned african. Explain that to me. I am waiting.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#2917 Jul 11, 2010
golden lion wrote:
For those who do not feel the moors were black, then explain to me why shakespeare desribed the moors as black in 3 of his plays? And why did the 17th century oxford dictionary says the moors were dark, swarthy, and negro? And why in some sicilian museums where there are old moorish plates and coins from the 12th century, the moors are seen as black with big lips and broad noses?
According to a 14th century arab historian by the name of ali ibn allah, he described the moorish king al mansur of spain of having a black berber mother and a half black, half arab father. And according to many rough el kartos, the moorish emperor yusuf ibn tashibin was described as a black skinned african. Explain that to me. I am waiting.
There's really NOTHING TO EXPLAIN.

You imbeciles ignore ALL of the overwhelming evidence, that goes contrary to what , in your fondest dreams, you would like to believe, and only speak of the the ODD and most wrong inputs, born of ignorance and and stupidity.

You speak of so-called historical passages, that were written by people that were either completely disconnected and ignorant of the true course of rectuate, either THAT or of instances that were TRULY remote and MOST unconsequential.

If ANY of you absurd and vapid posters, were to attempt to take this dicussion to the field of actual legitimately accredited scientifc anthropology, and archeology, instead of trying to 'SPIN' your way into convincing yourselves that your preposterous opinions are, somehow, immune to the ravages of proper scientic analysis,

you are quite simply WRONG, AND QUITE STUPID, TOO.

IT'S A LITTLE THING CALLED DNA, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IT?????

REALLY, this subject has been beaten to death, and it has been shown, by several different methods, that ALL of this AFROCENTIC BULLSHÍT IS JUST THAT.

If you feel that you STILL deserve an answer, then go back and reread what has alread been addressed, on this thread, and probably several others.

THANK YOU!

Level 5

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2918 Jul 12, 2010
SMH

“khamsa ou khamis”

Brooklyn, New York

#2919 Jul 18, 2010
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
lOVE your beautiful avatar, sweetheart!
What does "khamsa fi einayk" mean?
thank you :-)

"khamsa fi einayk" means literally 'five in your eye' in morocco the 'khamsa or 5 is an hand shaped amulet we use to protect against the 'evil eye' or jealousy, bad thoughts etc... so we have the saying 5 in your eye or sometimes khamsa wa khamis-- which means five and fifth(thursday)

“khamsa ou khamis”

Brooklyn, New York

#2920 Jul 18, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
how many maghrebi people do you personally know? we were the people known as the "moors" we recognize, and we claim it-- along with the spainiards and sicilians-- lol. I think it is hilarious that you think north africans are the descendants of european slaves-- our bloolines are much much older than that. we are indigenous fool. Berbers were not christian before the moors they followed either judaism or their own tribal idols or shamanistic-type religions-- Catholocism only came to north africa with the french colonization and the small christian population in morocco and algeria today are of french ancestry. where do you come up with this stuff??? honestly!

“khamsa ou khamis”

Brooklyn, New York

#2921 Jul 18, 2010
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Assmara most of the people of North Afirca consider themselves arab not Berber..The few that don't consider themselves arab claim their tribes not an Berber etnicity fool...Berber is an inaccuratte classification created by Eurocentrics to whitewash North African history by claiming they are all one Caucasian North African race when clearly that's not the reality on the ground...By you claiming they are Berbers you are repeating white supremacity and imosing a label on them that they never asked for...It's no secrete that most of North Afirca has been tranformed by arab conquest, European colonizatin, and the millions of European slaves shipped to North Africa by the Moors..North Africa is highly mixed now but during Ancient times the people didn't look much diffrent than the black peers on the rest of the continent...the only native North Africans are the black tribes such as the Moors, Tuareg,etc..most others are either arab decendents or mutts whom have nearly mixed out thier African heritage with Middl Easterners and to a smaller scale European transplants that settled in the region.
Moroccans consider themselves #1 moroccan. Then African. We are only arabic in the sensse that we are a part of the Arabic State, the primary religion in Islam... we speak Arabic as an official language and yes most of us have arab blood running through our gene pool. However we are all Berber--indigenous africans-- get it right. It keeps baffling me how you can claim that they never existed?? Unless you just mean the term "berber" itself and not the people-- The Berbers are comprised of many many different tribes from across the Magreb from the Western Sahara all the way to the outskirts of Egypt-- and they all look a little different there are many variations in color, hair texture, eye shape, cheek robustness... You have the Amazigh, the Tuareg the Chleuh.. the Kabyle....some are the from the desert and some are from the mountains... there is much diversity. We may have different features as a result from Arab and Iberian invasion however our coloring did not-- in fact the Arabs from Saudia Arabia and Yemen are they themselves much darker on average. Berber is not a race-- it is an ethnic and cultural identity.

Stop speaking on subjects you know nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forums for bi white men to meet gay/bi black men? (Aug '11) 2 min SadButTrue 47
Every wake up with scratches or cuts? (Jan '08) 26 min SadButTrue 217
Why do white people smell like urine? (Oct '09) 26 min SadButTrue 45
Would Beyonce have sex with Trump? 41 min SadButTrue 56
"Africans" doing better than "blacks" in college? (Feb '11) 44 min SadButTrue 1,290
Maceo is a foolish old man 45 min SadButTrue 2
Black women are jealous of beautiful biracial/m... (Feb '16) 47 min SadButTrue 602
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 49 min SadButTrue 620
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 2 hr SadButTrue 1,194
IS DRILLING for the NERVE 2 hr SadButTrue 32
There Are Not Even 1 Billion Whites On Earth 2 hr SadButTrue 22
White guys are better in bed - according to bla... 2 hr SadButTrue 60
More from around the web