Tigueron

United States

#6706 Feb 2, 2013
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6707 Feb 3, 2013
wino wrote:
<quoted text> I've been to la vega for carnival the woman were beautiful and noticed most were light skin then any other parts I've visited where the majority were darker or mix Indians such places as Santiago and sanpedro in my opinion most of the white Dominicans have left the country so anyone with the illusion that Dominicans are not mostly black must be blind
It depends where you go in L avega. But La vega has a large black population.Lots of black/taino miked in that part.

In the video above you can see the people of La vega. The residents are forcing haitians who have been breaking into thier homes out of thier community.

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#6708 Feb 3, 2013
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason you're on a WHITE man's forum (owned). Because I like to give my opinions in this white man's forum for the reasons that you do. Does that answer your question Lena Gomez?
Whatever white trash. Just because you are white, I do not owe you anything. Number two you do not own everything. Nothing is yours except the clothes you paid for.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6709 Feb 3, 2013
Lena Gomez wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever white trash. Just because you are white, I do not owe you anything. Number two you do not own everything. Nothing is yours except the clothes you paid for.
Its obvious youre a blacktroll,but you speak truth.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6710 Feb 3, 2013
Lena Gomez wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever white trash. Just because you are white, I do not owe you anything. Number two you do not own everything. Nothing is yours except the clothes you paid for.
I thought LA Creole was only part white? Part of the creole group that wishes to be classified as white, but due to one-drop rules, never gets their wish.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6711 Feb 3, 2013

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6712 Feb 3, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought LA Creole was only part white? Part of the creole group that wishes to be classified as white, but due to one-drop rules, never gets their wish.
Aren't AAs part white but feel they have the right to choose their identity?
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6713 Feb 3, 2013
they still fight with machete in DR

Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6714 Feb 3, 2013
The same machetes used to fight the french and spaniards.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6715 Feb 3, 2013
-throws a quarter in the jukebox-

Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6716 Feb 3, 2013

You hear the african drums in merengue music

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6717 Feb 3, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't AAs part white but feel they have the right to choose their identity?
How is race classified in America?
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6718 Feb 3, 2013

Location hidden

#6719 Feb 3, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
How is race classified in America?
Acceptance of that slavery-derived custom isn't a requirement for USA citizenship. Moreover, the majority of cultures consider it silly.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6720 Feb 3, 2013
reggeaton
&yt session=n7_3RHggRqHiET-I79GUBW V13zehPsT14rgS7P1raXtKt7kCfvZp shSPEwunLmCeHEe7xHOukJ5oYzsnf3 Adgc6JzAkrDw6H5_IPG9FCe3yfnsPH 5RfVyHbWBWCm-kaIUzclo5pCFs-m6b CUuKxwLv_J9mrlueLhog9CXT1MMXdY cgw4VC9qSS9yr5jL2sEeuOx-91-RTx FuTrfHYI4fJDX5G3LpOB0CWMz8rQ5j _DeYdWDBTeTP5WF_DLAkYButNYluUl OYJ1qU0EVmHdP8-2uX9Nsss5lWeevv 7I4qX4HvAbXdx1aAy0Qm1gF6HfSzgV lPm2bqvvbNKcYceAy13L4AxW-1fL7v Do26TOX4iQdxm27I7fqIfBHuSgcTvP YEKBXP9NGE9Y-kf245spsqMXiUw4Rp Qb2gZKOpcuqmt0ypIF8q2hJ-z0Vd-E mR3HhwyyD1LYnwm0sOd6SvKXLsW4K5 3kXf3uE1kbQhoBP0gjUiKAiA1M3L9v ki_xA2G7IvajtBIRI_lMab_qcJEx0k DKxwJqG4uhKCJCTeC2h8RMueYzIUqX vov6YF__QKex6fCfKbLlEqxdUA_6pN chSbJ8UAOP3lBmJ9Cfk04YSweNYCS5 BCYa5uWl7zDX4qLOgGrGVy6mjiWHay qEK3jAPHFZi9Uop0NvfcPOM3rHg-sW Y_Yh0MdgF5Q3-pUz-x_xK3
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6721 Feb 3, 2013
Merengue music is the national music

Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6722 Feb 3, 2013

Location hidden

#6723 Feb 4, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
Merengue music is the national music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =i0ezQCHQmNAXX
Do you consider dancing and singing the epitome of human achievement?
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6724 Feb 4, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider dancing and singing the epitome of human achievement?
do you consider your troll tactics the epitome of oyur human achievement?

heres some more music and dance

i know you lack rythm,but try to stay on beat..
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#6725 Feb 4, 2013
Certain historical aspects are incorrect or even conveniently ignored completely to support bias views. Those that claims we ignore our black historical figures completely ignore the fact that we have Ulises Heureaux, Francisco del Rosario Sanchez, and Jose Francisco Pena Gomez immortalized in our money and as statues across the Dominican Republic. These three historical figures are black, one actually being pure Haitian.

Similarity Between Dominican & African Foods

By Randa Morris,

Beginning in the early 1500's Dominican cooking was heavily influenced by the cooking of the African people. Today Dominican cuisine shares many of the same ingredients as African cuisine including beans, rice, the use of spices such as onion, garlic and parsley as well as the use of salt in most dishes.

Yucca (called cassava in both Africa and the Dominican Republic) is used frequently in both Dominican and African cooking. This root vegetable is a staple in both regions and is often served in main dishes, side dishes, soups.

Plantains and Bananas

Plantains and bananas as well as banana leaves are used frequently in both Dominican and African cooking. Traditional Dominican dishes include mangu', tostones and mofongo. African dishes which incorporate plantains or bananas include Fufu, and Kelewele as well as many others. Fried plantains and fried bananas are a staple in both types of cuisine.

Oil

The use of oil occurs often in both African and Dominican cuisine. It is used in most bean and rice dishes as well as in meat, fish and poultry dish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min harmonious 1,109,482
7 Reasons Why Black Men are Losers! 14 min Big Knob 7
Do African American women like African men (May '11) 22 min BWEFocused 132
White Woman Exposes The Sickness Of Desperate B... 25 min Big Knob 535
Every Famous or Semi Famous BW are all with Whi... 27 min Be_Real_Fool 15
Whites Trying To Turn America To Their Pagan Roots 30 min Remy Ma 2
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 33 min OOO 120,856
BW Cuffed by Police for Kissing WM: Prostitute??? 1 hr Big Knob 148
Another white man beheaded by IsIs 1 hr auman 209
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 2 hr Stupid Thread 592