Comments
1 - 20 of 76 Comments Last updated Feb 3, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Portland, OR

#1 Jul 10, 2007
We've talked about and heard from the folks that can't stand us...but I know that many brothas still love qualities that black women have, even if some do date interacially. So, what are your reasons you love your Black mothers, sisters, Aunts, cousins, and wives? What are the reasons you love Black women in general?

Portland, OR

#2 Jul 10, 2007
Mmm'kay..I guess I'll get started with some quotes attributed to famous black men about black women to give ya'll some inspiration! LOL

Barry White, singer

What I love most about Black women is "their sensitivity," says White, who in an earlier interview criticized Black men, saying they are the reason "relationships are out of control. Until man knows how to make a commitment, until man knows how to communicate his true feelings, until man knows how to walk like one, talk like one and act like one, the war will continue. But so far man has been a destroyer, liar and deceiver of Black women.... all [Black men] are guilty."

Dexter King, Chairman, President, CEO, The Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change

My mother epitomizes the reason I love Black women. They have the ability to rise above severe adversity and triumph over challenge. Black women in the face of double jeopardy [being both Black and female] have demonstrated a toughness to survive and a tenderness to inspire. I am in love with their elegance, perseverance and soulful style. They are all that!"

LL Cool J, actor, rapper

I LOVE Black women because a Black woman brought me into the world."

Jesse Jackson Sr., President, National Rainbow Coalition

I grew up under the influence of a mother and grandmother who sacrificed many things for me. Much of my training has come from Black women. I am married to a Black woman. My experiences have been shaped by the love and affection of Black women. I know the tough and tender sides of Black women .... There are Black women whom God has used as liberators--Sojourner Truth, Rosa Parks, Mary McLeod Bethune, Fannie Lou Hamer. But even with their struggles, Black women have been the stable forces of moral authority and spirituality, and have continued to bandage the wounds of Black men who have been broken by the oppressor's whip."

August Wilson, playwright

When you grab hold to a [Black] woman, you have something there. You got a whole world there. You got a way of life kicking up under your hand. That woman can take and make you feel like something."

Manning Marable, historian

Sisters have taught me that we should listen to the poetry within, capture and express our inner beauty as a part of our political and social being."

Andre Harrell, CEO, Motown Records

The Black women in my life have offered my mind strength and given my heart peace. In general, I love Black women because they exemplify all that is rich in our heritage: the soul, the passion, the attitude, the determination and, most of all, love."

D'Angelo, singer

I LOVE Black women because they are the mothers of our Black future. I love Black women because of their enduring strength, a strength that at times has risen above the failures of Black fathers. I love their curly hair, their braided hair, their straightened and even kinky hair. I love their full lips and, of course, their brown sugar skin. But most of all, I love Black women because I am the product of a Black woman. Black men are born of Black women and influenced by the Black women in their lives. I have to love Black women in order for me to love myself."

Glasgow, UK

#3 Jul 10, 2007
Black women are beautiful, passionate, strong, and lively. I love the way you never know what's in their mind. They are tough cookies sometimes! Most times impossible to please. They have real emotions, most have experienced hard stuff but they also know what real joy is.
Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 10, 2007
maybe some men like black women, cos their dark skin, body shape or whatever.

but thats just the outward appearance. charakter has nothing to do with color of skin. there is no something special composition of soul of black/ white/ yellow/ green/ pink women.

hope u know that, cos this kind of thinking is stereotyp thinking and very stupid.

Level 1

Oceanside, CA

#5 Jul 10, 2007
troppixx wrote:
We've talked about and heard from the folks that can't stand us...but I know that many brothas still love qualities that black women have, even if some do date interacially. So, what are your reasons you love your Black mothers, sisters, Aunts, cousins, and wives? What are the reasons you love Black women in general?
Having an insecure day? Just curious..........

Glasgow, UK

#6 Jul 10, 2007
Terminal Server wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww come on! Can't people start threads anymore these days? FFS!!
wattidos little cousin

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 10, 2007
i don't think that there is no one specific answer... whatever is wrote that is good and in righteousness... i agree.

“mr snoop”

"SOUTH LONDON BABY"

#8 Jul 10, 2007
Salim Aliu Ankarra wrote:
<quoted text>Aww come on! Can't people start threads anymore these days? FFS!!
are you a guy??????????

Glasgow, UK

#9 Jul 10, 2007
sthldn girl wrote:
<quoted text>are you a guy??????????
hehehe!!! Yep!

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Broomfield, CO

#10 Jul 10, 2007
They way that they carry themselves, their beauty!

Portland, OR

#11 Jul 10, 2007
Terminal Server wrote:
<quoted text>
Short answer? No. Why do you ask?

Portland, OR

#12 Jul 10, 2007
michi78 wrote:
maybe some men like black women, cos their dark skin, body shape or whatever.
but thats just the outward appearance. charakter has nothing to do with color of skin. there is no something special composition of soul of black/ white/ yellow/ green/ pink women.
hope u know that, cos this kind of thinking is stereotyp thinking and very stupid.
Boo....Next!

Portland, OR

#13 Jul 10, 2007
Salim Aliu Ankarra wrote:
Black women are beautiful, passionate, strong, and lively. I love the way you never know what's in their mind. They are tough cookies sometimes! Most times impossible to please. They have real emotions, most have experienced hard stuff but they also know what real joy is.
:-)

“I Love You Anyway!”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14 Jul 10, 2007
I like it when my black sisters find the strength within themselves to overcome any obstacle.

Big Up's To Just Saying and Miss Sha,

I am Inspired by these two.

ONE.

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jul 10, 2007
ONE-we-are wrote:
I like it when my black sisters find the strength within themselves to overcome any obstacle.
Big Up's To Just Saying and Miss Sha,
I am Inspired by these two.
ONE.
Thank you ONE!
http://cards.lovingyou.com/platinum/images/ki...
Horst

Heinsberg, Germany

#17 Jul 11, 2007
another hater in here , I love everything about the sisters , they are beutifull kind strong and real !!!
By the way , who is blaming anybody in here ?
Love to the sisters !!
Level 1

Location hidden

#18 Jul 11, 2007
troppixx wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo....Next!
proud to be stupid? ok, darling, ure choice.

Portland, OR

#19 Jul 11, 2007
michi78 wrote:
<quoted text>
proud to be stupid? ok, darling, ure choice.
I think you were trying to type "your"...genius! NEXT!

Portland, OR

#20 Jul 11, 2007
I like the way these haters are coming in here trying to drag this thread down. As my Daddy used to tell me: "If you're doing something right, people are bound to talk about you...if they STOP talking that's when you know you ain't doing shit!" LOL

Since: May 07

Washington, DC

#21 Jul 11, 2007
troppixx wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo....Next!
AHAHAHAHAHHAHA! That's cold girl! LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min THE DEVIL 1,100,587
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 14 min Crown 2,105
Hey, where is everybody? The "CDC whistleblower... 17 min friend 32
The Official 2014/2015 NFL Season Thread 18 min God Body720 8
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 21 min Stupid Thread 3,289
What happened to SBT? 51 min The Foot of Oppre... 14
Black Men Hate Black Women (Mar '13) 56 min im gone 1,714
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 1 hr JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 4,738
There's A War On The Black Male 2 hr black man1 559
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 4 hr GoodPosterKC 120,516
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••