aaahah

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Is it true that africans dont like african americans?

if so thats another point that we blacks dont like each other. besides the colorism division. is it jealousy that we have a better life in americas do they hate us for not reaching out to them and condoning our heritage more than we do now. i understand that blacks have a certain self hatred like if someone calls you african people always take offenise to it. or people always asume all africans have h.i.v. etc etc. if so i can understand why they wouldnt like us african americans. but i want to know is it something else behind it and if it is true
Stop the hype

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

Africans I have met have no concern for African Americans aside for African tycoons paying them money to perform in Africa - I do not hear of Africans abusing or commenting on Africans Americans.

However I have seen countless movies of African Americans making racist and almost pro-white supremacist comments on Africa - it is even obviously on this forum - the HUGE joke is that your ancestors and you are more genetically related to them than any other race on the planet.

African American is not a culture or a race but the descendants of enslaved Africans - the same like us Caribbeans and any other group of Africans - we have nothing that makes us a people - we have a social condition but no culture.

We are called Jones, Mcdonald etc when our ancestors were Nkrumah, Lumumba, Osei etc

The names we wear are property - why you think Africans would be jealous because we are still seen as THE WHITE MAN'S property and live in his country is beyond me...

Level 5

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

dislike is mutual. A lot of African-Americans also dislike Africans.

Level 3

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

My Nigerian friend told me it is because NONE of the people that call themselves Africans ever set foot in Africa, so they feel they have no right to label themselves as such. American born black people are Americans, just like everyone else. That IS where their birth certificate says they were born. PLUS Africans DO NOT act or think anything like American blacks do. They especially hate it when black Americans start talking about Africa or try to call them brother or sister. Most Africans are like this.
Ambiguous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

We usually say we are black a bad description of ourselves. Highly melaninated beings is a good description.
Ambiguous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

African Queen youre a white man.
Black Smoke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Ambiguous wrote:
African Queen youre a white man.
Yep! He is really a white drag queen that is mad that he can't get a black man to let him suck him off!

“Fooyre na fooDa Demngal saa e ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

i don't hate AAs ,never!. i just get really offended when they make fun of Africans,then i throw a fit.
gary dorris

Hawthorne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

well i wheather be in racist amercia . than being in afrcia . which is still the poorest third world country. my family fought for our rights and the to right to be here. if it was'nt for us doing the things we did . u guys wouldnt be here! so stop talking shit about afrcain amercains. go back and help ur country!
Aamir

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

gary dorris wrote:
well i wheather be in racist amercia . than being in afrcia . which is still the poorest third world country. my family fought for our rights and the to right to be here. if it was'nt for us doing the things we did . u guys wouldnt be here! so stop talking shit about afrcain amercains. go back and help ur country!
Africa isn't a country. You're a illiterate and stupid. Did you drop out of kindergarten?
TheEye

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Why do trolls dont know proper diction?
aH6233b

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

aaahah wrote:
if so thats another point that we blacks dont like each other. besides the colorism division. is it jealousy that we have a better life in americas do they hate us for not reaching out to them and condoning our heritage more than we do now. i understand that blacks have a certain self hatred like if someone calls you african people always take offenise to it. or people always asume all africans have h.i.v. etc etc. if so i can understand why they wouldnt like us african americans. but i want to know is it something else behind it and if it is true
Didn't they teach you capitalization and punctuation in grammar school?

Americano right?
sweet

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Actually, we also get irritated that the only things african americans talk about is racism, in their movies, comedies, everything. We have faced more slavery than african americans...we were colonised and brutaly abused, but we learnt to move on and forgive. We do have tribal issues, but if we put it out in everything the way african americans do, whats left of us would bring us nothing but ruin. I think our attitude towards our suffering is different.
Stevie chucks

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

We really need to love ourselves and stop this hatred im nigerian canadian and i can tell you that african here never have an ill mind for african americans dont mind those western onces we are real over and we have an issue that we need to solve and this nonsence about africa being a jungle which is the most riddiculous story ever mad in mankind even celebrities are in love with africa even my singer Dbanj is in kanye west G.O.O.D Music that shows how much special our connection is
Jackson

Keene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

aaahah wrote:
The answer given to me by a South African was this; Blacks in this country are no more african than the Americans of english decent are English. If you have been in america for generations, you are American not African anything. Made sense when I opened my mind to it. Why do whites not always refer to themselves as let say " Irish American" or "Canadian American"? We have just as much right to being proud to be American as them! Dam man, the whites elected a black president. We always vote democratic so the difference was the white vote. Let just be proud to say American, and CLAIM equality THRU our word and self definition.
so what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

as an African American I really wish we would stop calling them names like Africa booty scratcher. We need to embrace Africans. The real enemy are Jamaicans and whites.
koliko

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

gary dorris wrote:
Someone else corrected u that africa is not a country. I will correct your wrong belief that africa is poor. 10 years ago, the list of the richest blacks in the world was dominated by AAs (led by queen Oprah) and then a bunch of entertainers who should not be role modle s for young people. 10 years later, that list has been totally taken over by Africans, the richest african's net worth is more than 8 times richer than the only AA billionnaire (still Queen Oprah). African millionnaires who have set up tech companies, banks, food manufacturing and real estate have now overtaken your entertainers and the forecasts are that there will be more african millionnaires. apart from the super rich, the middle class in africa is now growing. there are about 300 million middle class families in africn countries earning an average of $35000 plus. this is forecast to increase to 1 billion middle class. compare this to the total population of the US at this time (315 million).

we africans have great economic and social mobility which you will never have. but stay in your usa, we actually may not want you to come and confuse our youth who are respectful and want to get a good education
koliko

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

african event managers are also 'buying' your entertainers now. Chris Brown was recently paid $1 million to sing at an event in Ghana. some Nigerian guy paid Kim Kardashian an equally obscene amount of money to give the intro at an event. just the beginning of the tables turning ...

Since: Apr 13

North Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

No im korean and this sounds silly i know many africans and african americans get along fine and happily.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

This is a lie Africans dont hate African Americans. African American culture is huge in Africa. In SA every second city kid speaks using African American slang. African Americans though do tend to be completely ignorant of Africans and Africa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

307 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shocking discoveries about Ancient Egypt 6 min And C 1
Big thank to black men for creating black girls 9 min MOSES-II 2
Another BM with a HOT WW Wife__----------- 26 min Gargantos 34
As i promise here photo of my black girlfriend!!! 31 min Vaska Idiot 1
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 44 min John Snow 6,107
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 49 min Hebrew Warrior 2,278
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 54 min Joey 2 Times 119,465
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 1 hr Its a Zooo 435
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 1 hr T-g-a-09 77,993
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 2 hr Hardac 23,884
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••