Who is more aware of their duties? Men or Women?

Created by Pure Observation on Nov 29, 2012

9 votes

Click on an option to vote

Black Men

Black Women

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pure Ideas

Washington, DC

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Black men and black women, what do each of you think we owe or are responsible for in a long-term relationship.

What I'm asking is for men to list only the things we men universally should bring or do in a relationship.

Then I'm asking the women what they universally think women should do or bring.

Let's have a meeting of the minds if you will.

As people list their beliefs let's vote on who seems to be more in touch with the others needs, wants or desires.
Pure Ideas

Washington, DC

#2 Nov 29, 2012
I'll go first. As a man I believe a man should provide a home to live in.
THE RELIC

El Monte, CA

#3 Nov 29, 2012
Pure Ideas wrote:
Black men and black women, what do each of you think we owe or are responsible for in a long-term relationship.
What I'm asking is for men to list only the things we men universally should bring or do in a relationship.
As people list their beliefs let's vote on who seems to be more in touch with the others needs, wants or desires.
Oh ohh, you must have madw Jethro mad. He's hiding your post.

“Incoming Humor. :)”

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Pure Ideas wrote:
Well I believe we as black women should try to understand black men instead of labeling them as "no good" when they do something we dislike.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#5 Nov 29, 2012
PANMA19 wrote:
<quoted text>Well I believe we as black women should try to understand black men instead of labeling them as "no good" when they do something we dislike.
You are the best.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#6 Nov 29, 2012
bm should provide safety
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#7 Nov 29, 2012
THE RELIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ohh, you must have madw Jethro mad. He's hiding your post.
Ahh no problem sir. I'll repost if I must.

=0)
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#8 Nov 30, 2012
Black men are to protect their race.

and since no bw other than PANMA19 will participate...

I'll add that the compliment to this would be:

Black women are to preserve their race.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#9 Nov 30, 2012
BM provide wisdom.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#10 Nov 30, 2012
Black men provide discipline.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#11 Nov 30, 2012
Black men provide leadership.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#12 Nov 30, 2012
Black men build.
happy

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Nov 30, 2012
Pure Ideas wrote:
The make up of both ( genders ) are so different nonetheless can compliment when both can comprend this fact. Because of emotional and phyiscal differences with balance and civil communication and team work can jump start a sane relationship vs an insane one.

*women are ( NATURAL ) nuturer of caring for our children and men- the 'blue. Print' is no doubt there. Men are (NATURAL) providers and protectors. KNOWING OUR PLACE is a help; NOT KNOWING, is a hender. RESPECT and losing that OVER RIDING thee other attitude is a KEY entering through a door of PEACE.
happy

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Nov 30, 2012
Pure Ideas wrote:
*Just my opinion. don't have to be right however, I ( feel ) women are focus on our duties as wife, mother, girlfriend, partner .....in our relationships perhapes more so then men. Why?...'Blue print' of care giver, nuturer, and willingly receive satisfaction from this ( feminine ) gender make up.

*though (some) men may know how to cook and clean, in (most) cases the woman does it more; which rightfully is understood since we are the nuturers.
happy

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Nov 30, 2012
Pure Observation wrote:
Black men are to protect their race.
and since no bw other than PANMA19 will participate...
I'll add that the compliment to this would be:
Black women are to preserve their race.
Blk men being the protector (PRESERVE) the race.
Blk women being the (HELPER).
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#16 Nov 30, 2012
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
The make up of both ( genders ) are so different nonetheless can compliment when both can comprend this fact. Because of emotional and phyiscal differences with balance and civil communication and team work can jump start a sane relationship vs an insane one.
*women are ( NATURAL ) nuturer of caring for our children and men- the 'blue. Print' is no doubt there. Men are (NATURAL) providers and protectors. KNOWING OUR PLACE is a help; NOT KNOWING, is a hender. RESPECT and losing that OVER RIDING thee other attitude is a KEY entering through a door of PEACE.
Excellent.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#17 Nov 30, 2012
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Blk men being the protector (PRESERVE) the race.
Blk women being the (HELPER).
Let me give my opinion.

An perhaps I am searching for the correct word and it escapes me for the moment.

But I see a bm as the protector but not the preserver.

A race of people may be preserved through protect but preserving the black race encompasses the duty of procreation.

In comparison procreation is also a form of protecting the existence of the race. In addition choosing to mate with the smartest, strongest, wisest and most attractive, all fall under the duties of the woman. This decision making also protects but I choose to define it more as preserve because it is this duty that helps to strengthen a particular people.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#18 Nov 30, 2012
A race of people may be preserved through protection* but preserving the black race encompasses the duty of procreation.
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#19 Dec 1, 2012
BM remind show appreciation
Pure Observation

Washington, DC

#20 Dec 1, 2012
remember*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Did God say when he Made the First Black P... (Jul '09) 2 min pheo 14
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,126,345
White, Asian, and Latina women confess their lo... 6 min Kenny 131
Why black males hate and fear white men 8 min anytime sunshine 513
Sassyntrashy said slavery was not all that bad. 13 min Phoenix Ascended 112
Please check out my video on quadroons 15 min Phoenix Ascended 8
Why does our race love to be as that? 16 min Jefferson 3
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 18 min coretta 247
Is ISIS racist? 2 hr Cyrus777 41
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr Insect Trust 25,595
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 hr African AE 95,815
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 4 hr 7New Earth7 7,471

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE