Why you shouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa i...

Why you shouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa if u are a christian?

Posted in the African-American Forum

“Once you go white”

Since: Feb 07

Jersey

#1 Feb 27, 2007
This post is for Christians only and is for learning, not disrespect. So I went to church on sunday right and my pastor explained why u shouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa. Now I have never actually celebrated Kwanzaa myself, but i know a few people in my hood who do. Well has anyone ever wondered how part of the Kwanzaa celebration is meant to pray to your ancestors (you are supposed to pray to God). Plus the man who founded the Kwanzaa celebration (I forget his name) is not a practicing Christian and in fact is a participant of a more tribal religion. If you are a christian and practice kwanzaa i urge u to get your concordance out and look up witchcraft and c what the bible says and then relate your experience from the kwanzaa celebration. Now before some of u say that i am being racsist and or just spoutin "craker babble", ya'll need to hear what i'm sayin. Man some of this stuff blew my mind. remember that if u a christian u know how it offends a holy and perfect God when u practice the black arts, even unknowingly. U will not be under Gods protection.
Ashley

Denver, CO

#3 Feb 28, 2007
Once you go white wrote:
This post is for Christians only and is for learning, not disrespect. So I went to church on sunday right and my pastor explained why u shouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa. Now I have never actually celebrated Kwanzaa myself, but i know a few people in my hood who do. Well has anyone ever wondered how part of the Kwanzaa celebration is meant to pray to your ancestors (you are supposed to pray to God). Plus the man who founded the Kwanzaa celebration (I forget his name) is not a practicing Christian and in fact is a participant of a more tribal religion. If you are a christian and practice kwanzaa i urge u to get your concordance out and look up witchcraft and c what the bible says and then relate your experience from the kwanzaa celebration. Now before some of u say that i am being racsist and or just spoutin "craker babble", ya'll need to hear what i'm sayin. Man some of this stuff blew my mind. remember that if u a christian u know how it offends a holy and perfect God when u practice the black arts, even unknowingly. U will not be under Gods protection.
I don't celebrate neither one of the two (Christmas and Kwanzaa). I'll keep this really short and straight to the point.....if I celebrate Kwanzaa, then I am celebrating my ancestors, right? Well if I celebrate Christmas, then I am celebrating PAGANISM. Yeah, look up what Christmas TRULY means. It has nothing to do with Christ.
AquaCityBoy

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Feb 28, 2007
Personally, I wouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa, Christian or not. It's a joke holiday,anyway.

“Once you go white”

Since: Feb 07

Jersey

#6 Mar 1, 2007
Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't celebrate neither one of the two (Christmas and Kwanzaa). I'll keep this really short and straight to the point.....if I celebrate Kwanzaa, then I am celebrating my ancestors, right? Well if I celebrate Christmas, then I am celebrating PAGANISM. Yeah, look up what Christmas TRULY means. It has nothing to do with Christ.
Well in a way u are right Ash. But the difference is that Christmas, when celebrated by true Christians, is kept in its proper place without all the trappings of commercialism. Believe me I am well aware of the vices christmas. I believer most are. But Kwanzaa makes entreaties to your dead ancestors which goes against the bible's teaching. So celebrating your ancestors is a good thing, but u should not make entreaties to them if u are a christian because then u are opening yourself up to satan and his many tricks. Kwanzaa in and of itself is not a bad thing, but some of its practices are contrary to the bible which is why i sent this warning.

“angel”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Mar 1, 2007
Wow, interesting. How can I put this? I dont celebrate Kwanzza, but its principles mean a lot to me. You can learn a lot from it. You dont have to necessaril celebrate it the way the founder did. But I dont think its all that bad.
Ashley

Denver, CO

#10 Mar 1, 2007
Once you go white wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in a way u are right Ash. But the difference is that Christmas, when celebrated by true Christians, is kept in its proper place without all the trappings of commercialism. Believe me I am well aware of the vices christmas. I believer most are. But Kwanzaa makes entreaties to your dead ancestors which goes against the bible's teaching. So celebrating your ancestors is a good thing, but u should not make entreaties to them if u are a christian because then u are opening yourself up to satan and his many tricks. Kwanzaa in and of itself is not a bad thing, but some of its practices are contrary to the bible which is why i sent this warning.
I appreciate the warning, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to say the same thing about Christmas. I think that most people mean well by celebrating it, but didn't your holy bible mention something like thou shall not worship idols? Why do people "praise" Santa Claus if this holiday was meant for the "birth" of Jesus Christ? Who created this PAGANT holiday oygw?

“Once you go white”

Since: Feb 07

Jersey

#12 Mar 2, 2007
Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate the warning, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to say the same thing about Christmas. I think that most people mean well by celebrating it, but didn't your holy bible mention something like thou shall not worship idols? Why do people "praise" Santa Claus if this holiday was meant for the "birth" of Jesus Christ? Who created this PAGANT holiday oygw?
Ashley, I agree with you 100 percent that commercialized Christmas is a hoax. But like I said before, many Churches already tell their members the dangers of Christmas, so I think that most Christians are aware. Kwanzaa, however, is not mentioned mainstream and many christians don't know of its dangers, which is why I wrote the respectful warning. Now I argue bout enough stuff on here so I won't even begin to get on the Catholics and their belief system. Suffice to say that I celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.
Rick

Rock Hill, SC

#13 Dec 4, 2010
http://www.uupuertorico.org/Education/Kwanzaa...
Please take the time to research things completely before you share. The Kwanza does not ask you to,"pray to your ancestors" just acknowledge them and their sacrifices for their descendants to give thanks. If you are white why should we as a people accept your criticism of something that you are not included in? If I were to tell you the Christmas tree is a pagan symbol derived from an evergreen tree sprouting from the spot where Nimrod cut off his balls(hence the hanging of the balls)and the date the 25th of December is a pagan rite of sun worship. Most American Holidays are linked to evil things. Do you ignore that, and critique what we are trying to build for ourselves ... a culture? A sense of unity will help free us from all the years of self hate heaped on us by this society. Today the only thing we have in common as a people is our history which we are being taught to forget and be ashamed of daily(MEDIA), maintaining a slave mind in us. You have no desire to save any thing black.. just to kill it before it grows. The bible puts you at enmity with my people by the mouth of GOD. Your seed is at enmity with the children of eve a black woman. Do not be offended by history just be educated by it. May God bless you.
Rick

Rock Hill, SC

#14 Dec 4, 2010
Once you go white wrote:
This post is for Christians only and is for learning, not disrespect. So I went to church on sunday right and my pastor explained why u shouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa. Now I have never actually celebrated Kwanzaa myself, but i know a few people in my hood who do. Well has anyone ever wondered how part of the Kwanzaa celebration is meant to pray to your ancestors (you are supposed to pray to God). Plus the man who founded the Kwanzaa celebration (I forget his name) is not a practicing Christian and in fact is a participant of a more tribal religion. If you are a christian and practice kwanzaa i urge u to get your concordance out and look up witchcraft and c what the bible says and then relate your experience from the kwanzaa celebration. Now before some of u say that i am being racsist and or just spoutin "craker babble", ya'll need to hear what i'm sayin. Man some of this stuff blew my mind. remember that if u a christian u know how it offends a holy and perfect God when u practice the black arts, even unknowingly. U will not be under Gods protection.
These are the principles of Kwanzaa:
1. Umoja (Unity) To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
2. Kujichagulia (Self-Determination) To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ...ourselves.
3. Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility) To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems and to solve them together.
4. Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics) To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.
5. Nia (Purpose) To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
6.Kuumba (Creativity) To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
7. Imani (Faith)To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
Please show me why Christ would have a problem with BLACK people doing these things?? Other races seeing us together -- yeah but GOD?!
Rick

Rock Hill, SC

#15 Dec 4, 2010
Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't celebrate neither one of the two (Christmas and Kwanzaa). I'll keep this really short and straight to the point.....if I celebrate Kwanzaa, then I am celebrating my ancestors, right? Well if I celebrate Christmas, then I am celebrating PAGANISM. Yeah, look up what Christmas TRULY means. It has nothing to do with Christ.
HYPOCRITICAL statement. You would rather as a Christian believe Easter derives its name from Eostre, an Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring new beginnings was her thing. The eggs have been viewed as symbols of new life and fertility through the ages.The Ancient Egyptians, Persians, and Romans, used eggs during their spring festivals. Halloween (pagan)day or All Souls' Day was a day of prayer for the dead. It was believed that the prayers of those still living could comfort dead souls, or elevate them from Purgatory. New Year's Day has its origin in Roman times, when sacrifices were offered to Janus, the two-faced Roman deity who looked back on the past and forward to the future. Ground Hogs day (weather superstition), Valentine's Days' roots are in the ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia, a fertility celebration commemorated annually on February 15. Pope Gelasius I recast this pagan day circa 496, declaring February 14 to be St. Valentine's Day, Ash Wednesday Having its origin sometime before A.D. 1000, it is a day of public penance and is marked in the Roman Catholic Church by the burning of the palms blessed on the previous year's Palm Sunday. With the ashes from the palms the priest then marks a cross with his thumb upon the forehead of each worshiper (a mark of the beast).Thanksgiving Day literally is a holiday celebrating the beginnings of the almost total extermination of an entire race of people, commonly called "Indians" and the enslavement, continued oppression and genocide of the Afrikan, by European settlers. For over 100 years Black folks in the United States have joined with the descendants of the same European murderers who enslaved them and systematically all but destroyed the Amer-Indian.(I celebrate "THANKS" LORD for "GIVING" your blood.) ;-) A Deception of Satan-Christmas. Jesus Christ was NOT born on December 25. But December 25th can be traced back to Genesis and a man named Nimrod. Nimrod was the founderof a great false religious system that began in ancient Babylon that has always opposed the truths of God. ItÂ’s time we face facts! This world is deceived, just as God prophesied it would be (Rev. 12:9). Satan has successfully pawned off the old customs of the Babylonian mystery religion as being pleasing to Jesus Christ. The LORD of Christmas "Nimrod started the great organized worldly apostasy from God that has dominated this world until now.Nimrod married his own mother, whose name was Semiramis.After Nimrod's death, she claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump,which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth, she claimed, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it. December 25th, was the birthday of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree.
Creme de la Creme

Avon, IN

#16 Jan 3, 2012
As a Christian, you know that the Bible states to study to show thyself approved meaning Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Neither your pastor or you are doing that when speaking of Kwanzza. You may want to go to the official website and read for yourself instead of just taking the word of another. You state Dr. Maulana Karenga is a pagan worshipper, yet you didn't even know his name. Clearly something told to you that you took on blind faith. If he choose to practice an African religion and not the one forced and monitored to us in slavery, that is his choice. Kwanzaa is not a religion, there the religion anyone practices isn't reflective to embracing African Cultural principles in life which is what Kwanzza is really about. If you do some research on the official site, it will open your eyes to getting back to a unified concept in the African American Community where we are responsible for one another. If your pastor deems something wrong with that, he isn't following the concepts of Christ either.
Once you go white wrote:
This post is for Christians only and is for learning, not disrespect. So I went to church on sunday right and my pastor explained why u shouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa. Now I have never actually celebrated Kwanzaa myself, but i know a few people in my hood who do. Well has anyone ever wondered how part of the Kwanzaa celebration is meant to pray to your ancestors (you are supposed to pray to God). Plus the man who founded the Kwanzaa celebration (I forget his name) is not a practicing Christian and in fact is a participant of a more tribal religion. If you are a christian and practice kwanzaa i urge u to get your concordance out and look up witchcraft and c what the bible says and then relate your experience from the kwanzaa celebration. Now before some of u say that i am being racsist and or just spoutin "craker babble", ya'll need to hear what i'm sayin. Man some of this stuff blew my mind. remember that if u a christian u know how it offends a holy and perfect God when u practice the black arts, even unknowingly. U will not be under Gods protection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 1 drop rule means whites are not human 3 min Don Barros Serrano 22
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 5 min Hittite 133,291
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 7 min The Doctor 6,226
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 20 min Joe 462
Le PAPYRUS de KAMARA 22 min dcool 716
Oregon P.D. are Punks 25 min Go Blue Forever 213
Majority of White Women Don't Want Black Men (Jan '13) 29 min Truth Hurts 309
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 41 min dreamhunk 3,459
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr Moses 43,507
More from around the web