Black REVOLUTIONARY Films

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#225 Nov 2, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
__________
Out of the list of the 26 writers for the City Journal.---- Granted, a good number of them are Jewish.
The rest aren't.
The Jewish writers for the City Journal, I don't see any evidence that they are any type of hard core Zionists.
The person who wrote that article, Steven Malanga, he isn't Jewish.
What Steven wrote, he was just pointing out some of the group dynamics, racial dynamics & racial politics in the United States.
What he showed (What it boils down to).---- Were certain aspects of the public policy initiatives & social engineering policies which are in effect.-----
That Hispanics are being elevated & advanced in the United States. AT THE EXPENSE OF African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves).
Some people actually think that Jewish=Zionist, and vice versa. Given this simple equation, if they're opposed to Zionism then they dismiss anything that any Jewish person says as Zionist propaganda.
Guest

Huntsville, AL

#226 Nov 2, 2013
I was never given no "honorary white status" whenever i would get locked up.They would list me as "black".Even with a "Spanish" last name.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#227 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this analysis is that it leads to anti-immigrant sentiment. The idea that the presence of a non-white immigrant is a threat to AA's is dangerous and can breed more racism, which is the last thing we need in this already racist-enough society.
Also, it is misleading to speak of a group called “hispanics”. That is a bogus designation. Is a blonde Cuban rightwinger the same as a mostly-indigenous brown Mexican farmworker? Not at all. They both speak Spanish, they know what flan is, but that's about it.
What is often also not understood is that the Latin countries--for we are speaking of LATIN immigrants it seems--also have their internal class and racial issues which don't always neatly fit into the US originated racial schema.
Some older Latinos in Baltimore--those who go back to the 1950s & 60s--have mentioned to me that the racial politics of the USA was originally quite confusing to them. If they came to Bmore in the 1950s and early 60s, they would have encountered Jim Crow; and some would find that if they were "Black" in the sense unerstood in the USA, then they were subject to the same proscriptions as my parents and other AA folk. Then, to their surpise, "whites" from the same country found they were not subject to those proscriptions. Sometimes this meant that some of one's own KINDRED were subject to Jim Crow restrictions, and others not.
No African American in those days would have found any of this surprising, depressing and debilitating, yes. But Latin immigrants would have been thrown off their game by this American madness.
Nonetheless, there is racism in Latin America as well---as a number of Black and Indian Latinos have informed me (and as I had indeed read).
Not long ago the parliament o the Dominican Republic (home of my ex-wife) passed laws effectively denying citizenship to DOMINICANOS whose Haitian ancestry preceds 1923 (if I recall the year correctly). I can find the source of that info tomorrow when I am back in my office.
Yet even in DR there was never anything like our Jim Crow or the "one drop" rule.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#228 Nov 3, 2013
Guest wrote:
I was never given no "honorary white status" whenever i would get locked up.They would list me as "black".Even with a "Spanish" last name.
MY ex-wife,whose father was about the complexion of Wesley Snipes and mother about the complexion of Barack Obama (like my own mother and father), was commonly seen as Black by both American Blacks and white Americans--until her speech revealed her Latin background.
AA sistas would approach her and talk to her as they normally talked to a sista--only to be pleasantly surprised that she was a "sista" from another country.

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#229 Nov 3, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>What is often also not understood is that the Latin countries--for we are speaking of LATIN immigrants it seems--also have their internal class and racial issues which don't always neatly fit into the US originated racial schema.
Some older Latinos in Baltimore--those who go back to the 1950s & 60s--have mentioned to me that the racial politics of the USA was originally quite confusing to them. If they came to Bmore in the 1950s and early 60s, they would have encountered Jim Crow; and some would find that if they were "Black" in the sense unerstood in the USA, then they were subject to the same proscriptions as my parents and other AA folk. Then, to their surpise, "whites" from the same country found they were not subject to those proscriptions. Sometimes this meant that some of one's own KINDRED were subject to Jim Crow restrictions, and others not.
No African American in those days would have found any of this surprising, depressing and debilitating, yes. But Latin immigrants would have been thrown off their game by this American madness.
Nonetheless, there is racism in Latin America as well---as a number of Black and Indian Latinos have informed me (and as I had indeed read).
Not long ago the parliament o the Dominican Republic (home of my ex-wife) passed laws effectively denying citizenship to DOMINICANOS whose Haitian ancestry preceds 1923 (if I recall the year correctly). I can find the source of that info tomorrow when I am back in my office.
Yet even in DR there was never anything like our Jim Crow or the "one drop" rule.
A Mexican friend of mine was in the Army and stationed in the South. He found that when he'd go out with his white Army friends to a dance or restaurant or whatever, he'd be asked,“What are you?” If he said Mexican, he was categorized with blacks and refused entrance. He learned to say “Greek”. Then they thought he was “white” and would let him in.

LOL!!! How f'ing absurd.

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#230 Nov 3, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Some people actually think that Jewish=Zionist, and vice versa. Given this simple equation, if they're opposed to Zionism then they dismiss anything that any Jewish person says as Zionist propaganda.
More often, they PRETEND that zionism is a political philosophy (it is not) like Stalinism or fascism, and then they can use that word instead of JEWISH and pretend they're not antisemitic.

Dr. King clearly stated this, that those replacing “Jew” with “Zionist” are still antisemites.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#231 Nov 3, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Some people actually think that Jewish=Zionist, and vice versa. Given this simple equation, if they're opposed to Zionism then they dismiss anything that any Jewish person says as Zionist propaganda.
__________

Savant, your 2 points above.----- You are absolutely correct.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#232 Nov 3, 2013
Guest wrote:
I was never given no "honorary white status" whenever i would get locked up.They would list me as "black".Even with a "Spanish" last name.
__________

Oh, no surprise about this.

Americans who are in jails or prisons.----- They aren't supposed to get any "Honorary Status".

Outside of jails & prisons.----- In the everyday living & functioning in the United States society.-----

Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included) are VERY much being given "Honorary White Status".

In a little while, I am going to list many examples of this in my replies back to Ish Tov.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#233 Nov 3, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Yet even in DR there was never anything like our Jim Crow or the "one drop" rule.
__________

Yep.

It isn't just in the Dominican Republic.

It is in every Spanish speaking nation. It is in Portuguese speaking Brazil.

The Spanish speaking nations & Portuguese speaking Brazil have never utilized the "one drop rule" in regards to "race".

They have utilized (Still do) the racial caste system.

The Anglophone & French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations also use variants of the racial caste system.

This is how it works.----

Whites are on top. Then, comes the Mestizos (People who come from a White parent & an Indian parent. Then, comes the Indians. Next, comes the mulattoes (People who come from a White parent & a black parent).

Lastly, comes the people who come from a black father & a black mother.

There are exceptions though.----

Examples.-----

In the Dominican Republic, many blacks (Along with the mulattoes) have been gunmen & informants for the Paramilitaries / Death Squads.

The black Dominicans & mulatto Dominicans who are with the Paramilitaries / Death Squads, are aligned with the Haitian Paramilitaries / Death Squads.

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#234 Nov 3, 2013
I worked in the schools in California for a long time, as a teacher.

I could write a book on all the racism against Mexican students practiced by not only white, but also black personnel.

Plus all the crap my friends and I were subjected to in the streets and everywhere, from whites.

I know that all the chicanos I hung with in California would be very surprised to know they have “honorary white” status.

They feel like they're subjected to nearly constant racism.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#235 Nov 3, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Yet even in DR there was never anything like our Jim Crow or the "one drop" rule.
__________

When the United States had the "one drop rule" in regards to "race" in effect.----- African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves) HAD to be unified.

In the United States, mulattoes had to be unified with African Americans who came from an African American father & an African American mother.

When the United States had the one drop rule in regards to race in effect.----- This gave rise to left wing African American leaders like W.E.B. Dubois, Malcolm X & Martin Luther King Jr.

The Spanish speaking nations & Portuguese speaking Brazil never had left wing black revolutionary leaders such as W.E.B. Dubois, Malcolm X or Martin Luther King Jr..

This is why.----- Since the Spanish speaking nations & Portuguese speaking Brazil utilized (Still do) the racial caste system.----

This gave the mulattoes an "escape hatch" in regards to "race".

This prevented the mulattoes from aligning with the blacks.

Under the racial caste system, mulattoes are elevated & advanced. AT THE EXPENSE OF the blacks.

Mulattoes provide a racial buffer class. AGAINST the blacks.

But, there are some exceptions. The exceptions are for the blacks who are members, associates or informants of the Paramilitaries / Death Squads.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#236 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov wrote:
I worked in the schools in California for a long time, as a teacher.
I could write a book on all the racism against Mexican students practiced by not only white, but also black personnel.
Plus all the crap my friends and I were subjected to in the streets and everywhere, from whites.
I know that all the chicanos I hung with in California would be very surprised to know they have “honorary white” status.
They feel like they're subjected to nearly constant racism.
__________

I totally see your point.

With all due respect, there is much, much more involved with this dynamic.

In a bit, I'll point it out. I'm just about to get around to your other 2 previous posts which you addressed to me about this.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#237 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov -----

You said "It is corporations who are running things, not "other races".----

You are correct about the corporations.

Also, race matters in the United States. Race has always mattered. It always will.

The United States has "Identity Politics".

The United States has group dynamics, racial dynamics & racial politics.

Each & every one of the United States respective racial groups has their own goals, objectives & interests. Most of all, their own interests.

This remain the deal into the future.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#238 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov -----

You said "We all need to develop local economy autonomy. Our own jobs, means small businesses, smallholders. In this corporate-controlled economy, there need to be concerted movement to support the smallholder, the small shop, the family farm, etc.".----

Your 3 points here.---- I see them. I'm in agreement.

This is being attempted. But, its scope & effectiveness is very limited.

This is why.----

The human brain & human psychology gravitates towards shopping at large store chains.

This is especially the case in the United States.

In my next post, I'll expound upon this dynamic.

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#239 Nov 3, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
__________
I totally see your point.
With all due respect, there is much, much more involved with this dynamic.
In a bit, I'll point it out. I'm just about to get around to your other 2 previous posts which you addressed to me about this.
I think we can understand all this more clearly if we stop referring to “Hispanics” or “latinos”, and deal with specific ethnicities (e.g., Mexican, Puerto Rican), and with the separate “racial castes” in countries like Cuba.

Also it is very useful to understand the term “criollo” and its significance in all this.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#240 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov -----

Small businesses just CANNOT compete against the large businesses. Small food businesses just cannot compete against the large food chains.----

The human masses just gravitate towards large fast food chains. Such as Burger King, Denny's, Dominos Pizza, Hardee's, KFC, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Subway & Taco Bell.

Compared to a small mom & pop restaurant.

The human masses gravitate towards large supermarket chains. Like a 7-Eleven or an Aldi's.

Compared to a small mom & pop store.

So, what has happened throughout the United States with the American masses shopping habbits & mores.------ I don't see how this could have been different.

It is just a case of common human nature & behavior. That humans gravitate towards large store chains.

Compared to small mom & pop stores.

This is especially the case in the United States.

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#241 Nov 3, 2013
What do y'all think of this:

www.mexica-movt.com

try to ignore the primitive 90's formatting of this website
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#242 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov wrote:
They wanted to have a group they could continue to oppress and exploit in Jim-Crow fashion. Illegal immigrants are perfect for this. While being black could be used to segregate workers before 1964, after that, blacks being citizens could not be so used. And so, voilà! Undocumented immigrants! Illegal immigration status is in effect the new Jim Crow.
__________

Your 5 points above.----- You are absolutely correct.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#243 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov wrote:
What do y'all think of this:
www.mexica-movt.com
try to ignore the primitive 90's formatting of this website
__________

Ish Tov, I clicked on your link, a type of blockage came up.

Could you please try again.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#244 Nov 3, 2013
Ish Tov -----

You said "Also, it is misleading to speak of a group called "hispanics". That is a bogus designation".----

I do see your angle here.

The designation of Hispanic was first formulated in the early 1970s. When the United States had Republican Richard Nixon as president.

The term Hispanic is a type of a social construct.

But, a social construct which matters.

You said "Is a blonde Cuban rightwinger the same as a mostly-indigenous brown Mexican farmworker? Not at all".----

On a personal level, this is true.

You said "They both speak Spanish, they know what flan is, but that's about it".-----

I see your point here.

But, a Cuban-American Right wing Republican, how does he/she classify with the United States federal government according to "race"?---- As White. Or, as Hispanic.

How does a Mexican-American farmworker, who votes Democrat in elections. How does he/she classify with the federal government according to race?----

As White. Or, as Hispanic.

How Americans classify with the federal government according to race.---- It matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lone Black Lady Jogging In Park 3 min Jake 124
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JCPete 1,711,085
Why do white males love black trannys ? 6 min Junaly 1
BLACKS and SUNGLASSES ! What's up with that? (Oct '11) 13 min IRSS 65
Trump's approval now down to 35% 18 min T-BOS 10
This board is overrun with dam homosexuals 26 min Vince 1
Why are blacks transexual? 32 min Latina 2
Smartest posters on Topix afam 1 hr Joey 235
Real Black Panthers 3 hr Ihn 34
The Joke of the Century: Neo-Nazis Think They'r... 4 hr White 147
More from around the web