MOST African Americans are NOT mixed

“Reppin the 708”

Since: Nov 08

Harvey, IL

#819 Feb 13, 2009
Greggriffin111 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between real African Americans and others who simply have a detectable amount of African ancestry ... you keep on referencing people who are clearly multi or bi - racial ... Halley Berry is mixed ... in Africa she would be considered mixed ... African but mixed ... that's how people see Obama .
But I swear to god , give Halley Berry a decent tan , do something with her hair ... and you'll have a average Rwandese women =)
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/celebda...
http://www.soniarolland.org/images/galerie/pe...
http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc...
http://photos-a.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc...
Those Rwandanese women you post are beutiful, expecially the first one. She look like Halle.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#820 Feb 13, 2009
King Goku Xlll wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Rwandanese women you post are beutiful, expecially the first one. She look like Halle.
LOL ... they are !!!
one son

Houston, TX

#821 Feb 13, 2009
most AAs are mixed.....(20%) has nothing to do with self hate...it's the truth. FACT IS FACT. no matter how much u feel salty about the truth....move along with your life...it's not that serious. if a banana is yellow the banana IS YELLOW (fact) facts are FACTS. it has nothing to do with ones feelings. and why africans that don't even live in the united states are on this topic battling about AA pple (which most of there so called AA knowledge consists of SILLY INTERNET EXPERIENCES and tv) it's truly BEYOND me.

so weird....

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#822 Feb 13, 2009
one son wrote:
most AAs are mixed.....(20%) has nothing to do with self hate...it's the truth. FACT IS FACT. no matter how much u feel salty about the truth....move along with your life...it's not that serious. if a banana is yellow the banana IS YELLOW (fact) facts are FACTS. it has nothing to do with ones feelings. and why africans that don't even live in the united states are on this topic battling about AA pple (which most of there so called AA knowledge consists of SILLY INTERNET EXPERIENCES and tv) it's truly BEYOND me.
so weird....
You Want Facts !!!

FYI ... Africans Americans are predominantly Tropical Africans ... not mixed !!!

According to genome researcher Rick Kittles approximately only 30% or so of blacks carry European Y chromosome signatures---regardless of phenotype. And even that percentage may be too high because Mark Shriver, molecular geneticist, claims that the European admixture--both mtDNA and Y chromosome--in the black U.S. population is just 17%. Kittles also showed that European MtDNA signatures for blacks in the U.S. are approx. 5%.

In places like Haiti and Jamaica--where most blacks in the Central American region reside--the Y signatures are much lower--less than 10%.

E3 is the single most common Y-chromosome haplogroup among people of Supra/Sub-Saharan African descent both inside and outside of Africa. It is observed at frequencies of 58%-60% in African Americans... A and B is also found in some African populations .

FYI ... only ... 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25- 20 % percent European ancestry (equivalent of one grandparent);

=)

Since: May 08

Windhoek, Namibia

#823 Feb 13, 2009
Princess Lovable S wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Creole, and my family is also full of people who look like that... all Black.
You can do us a favour by showing pictures...

Windhoek, Namibia

#824 Feb 13, 2009
qtgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well actually, they look alot like my family and we are African-American (Creole).
You are creole not all african american are creole?, some creole families from sierra leon and liberia, cape verde etc. look like that too but that is a variation in africa of people, there are griquas, baster, coloureds and they look different even though they are all of mixed origin,for example you look more baster than coloured...
LMAO

AOL

#825 Feb 14, 2009
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^
the truth.com
thank you man...i couldn't have said it better myself....very few of us are mixed...the overexggeration of AA mixture is a urban myth out of control fueled by both ignorance and self hatred...some AAs lie about mixture with whitey cause they feel inferior to whites or just want to feel specia/unique...but most of us know better.
LMAO! You can't stand the fact you're actually MIXED with white devil blood, huh? Oh, I know it! You can deny ALL you like, but we know the TRUTH! So just admit it, or all you look is like a desperate child living in total denial of what you TRULY are: part white devil cracka! LOL!

You're part devil, the devil you say is evil! You poor little thing!

Most "AA's" ARE MIXED! ACCEPT REALITY or SHUT THE MOUTH!
one son

Houston, TX

#826 Feb 14, 2009
Greggriffin111 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Want Facts !!!
FYI ... Africans Americans are predominantly Tropical Africans ... not mixed !!!
According to genome researcher Rick Kittles approximately only 30% or so of blacks carry European Y chromosome signatures---regardless of phenotype. And even that percentage may be too high because Mark Shriver, molecular geneticist, claims that the European admixture--both mtDNA and Y chromosome--in the black U.S. population is just 17%. Kittles also showed that European MtDNA signatures for blacks in the U.S. are approx. 5%.
In places like Haiti and Jamaica--where most blacks in the Central American region reside--the Y signatures are much lower--less than 10%.
E3 is the single most common Y-chromosome haplogroup among people of Supra/Sub-Saharan African descent both inside and outside of Africa. It is observed at frequencies of 58%-60% in African Americans... A and B is also found in some African populations .
FYI ... only ... 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25- 20 % percent European ancestry (equivalent of one grandparent);
=)
you're saying absolutely NOTHING my friend.....with no real evidence backing it.

wheres your SOURCES to your so called facts?
post the links so that i can GLADLY dig into them if u have any..

POST a link to your claim that AAs are predominantly tropical africans...

(i really wanna see that 1 LMAO)

(my sources)

"On average, American Blacks are genetically 80 percent of African ancestry and 20 percent of European ancestry. These findings were part of a recently released study on something known as "gene expression." The research was headed by Alkes L. Price of the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/...

http://www.louisianaweekly.com/news.php...

Windhoek, Namibia

#827 Feb 14, 2009
juss chillin wrote:
<quoted text>
rapper K'naan, The African Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jTh63eUnGToXX
and be african :)
He's good...

“My Shining Star”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#828 Feb 14, 2009
African-MadBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can do us a favour by showing pictures...
Some people here have already seen... but I don't know about putting my family's privacy on the line.

I need to think about it...

It may not be a good idea because we are known in the community :)

Here is one family member, though: http://www.36thdistrictcourt.org/judges-matki...

Windhoek, Namibia

#829 Feb 14, 2009
<quoted text>
Some people here have already seen... but I don't know about putting my family's privacy on the line.
I need to think about it...
It may not be a good idea because we are known in the community :)
Here is one family member, though: http://www.36thdistrictcourt.org/judges-matki...
That lady in that picture looks more like a baster than a coloured, don't get mistaken basters have mixture of khoisan and dutch sometimes even black, coloureds on the other hand are mixture of malay, khoisan, black, dutch, indian, french, anglo etc., you even find khoisan people who look like that woman, that woman clearly has khoisan features
http://www.nma.gov.au/shared/libraries/images...

“My Shining Star”

Location hidden

#830 Feb 14, 2009
African-MadBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
That lady in that picture looks more like a baster than a coloured, don't get mistaken basters have mixture of khoisan and dutch sometimes even black, coloureds on the other hand are mixture of malay, khoisan, black, dutch, indian, french, anglo etc., you even find khoisan people who look like that woman, that woman clearly has khoisan features
http://www.nma.gov.au/shared/libraries/images...
Your point?

She may be, but others have more small, narrow, or 'delicate' facial features like mine...

?

“My Shining Star”

Location hidden

#831 Feb 14, 2009
Some are browner, and look like my avatar... more like me...

This is what I look right like now...

Windhoek, Namibia

#832 Feb 14, 2009
<quoted text>
Your point?
She may be, but others have more small, narrow, or 'delicate' facial features like mine...
?
The point is there are no features found in African-Americans that are not native to Africa...

“My Shining Star”

Location hidden

#833 Feb 14, 2009
African-MadBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is there are no features found in African-Americans that are not native to Africa...
true

“whoa! :o)”

Since: Feb 09

planet earth

#834 Feb 14, 2009
mrallaboutlogik28 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO CARES
ONCE AFRO CENTERD AF RA KANS GET TO THE LEVEL OF THE COONISH NEGROS WE WILL START TO OWN OUR OWN COMPANYS INT HE ENTERTAINMENT AND FASHION WORLD AND WE WILL BE ABLE TO CONTROL WHAT WE WANT AND SO ON.
THIS IS ALSO WHY MANY AF RA KANS WHO HAVE THAT GO GETTER SPIRIT THAT ENTRPUNRUAL SPIRIT THEY BEST SET THEY SITES ON MOVING TO AF RA KA AND BULDING BIZNEESES HAT POTRAY
DARKSKIN DARK BROWN SKIN AND BROWN SKIN AFRAKAN ATTRACTIVNESS.
SIMPLE
ONCE AFRO CENTERD PEOPLE GET MONEY
WE WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MULATTOWOMEN BEING POTRAYED AS THEE ONLY
BECAUSE WE WILL HAVE OUR OWN SO IT IWLL BE OF NO CONCERN TO US.
WHAT A DUMB QUESTION.
P.S A SO CALLED NATIVE AMERIKAN ASKED JHON WAYNE
WHY DO WE DIE IN ALL THE MOVIES THE SO CALLED NATIVE AMERICAN MAN ASKED
JHON WAYNE SAID WELL WHEN YOU GET YOUR OWN MOVIES THEN YOU CAN DECIDE WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES.
this is not what WOMEN say.

u r a man and apparently ur perspective is different.

“PREGNANT AND STILL A QTGIRL”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#835 Feb 14, 2009
African-MadBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are creole not all african american are creole?, some creole families from sierra leon and liberia, cape verde etc. look like that too but that is a variation in africa of people, there are griquas, baster, coloureds and they look different even though they are all of mixed origin,for example you look more baster than coloured...
Hey Madboy, what is baster ?

Windhoek, Namibia

#836 Feb 14, 2009
qtgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
They are people of mixed origins from namibia...these are baster
http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/features/2005/0...
Ron Dog20

Salisbury, NC

#837 Feb 14, 2009
Tre wrote:
I really don't understand why Black people in America think so many of them are mixed. This is why MOST of us are not mixed:
1. Some Blacks were free. Many reproduced with other Blacks.
2. A small number of White men, usually rich, had Black slaves.
3. Black slaves DID have children together--lots of them.
4. The White "master" did not rape every woman on his plantation. And not every White "master" raped women.
5. WHo knows how many Black women were actually raped during and after slavery?
6. Who knows how many Black women actually had sex with White men?
7. WHo knows how many WHite women were raped by or had sex with Black men?
8. Today only 10% of Black men marry non-Black women and 5% Black women marry nonBlack men. I am sure no where near 30% of Black men are makng babies with White women and no where near 30% of Black women are making babies with White men. Considering that we are now "free" to reproduce with these people, I am sure we are reproducin with them more now than ever before. Thus, at least probably 70% of Black people are purely Black from this generation. It is probably an even larger number for years past.
WHy is it that Black people tend to hold on to the idea that most of Black Americans are mixed somewhere down the line? EVen if that were true, what is the relevance if that mixture happened more than four generations ago? I personally don't believe the hype: I hold that most African-Americans are NOT mixed.
Do you think its a good idea being mixed? or do you just hate that you might have high African ancestry
Who knows how many little children were raped during slavery.

“My Shining Star”

Location hidden

#838 Feb 14, 2009
qtgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an Afrikaner title that is only derogatory to us...

We may see it as 'bastard'(irrespective of race), but they actually have a division for Black people...

Clearly, we are not!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,562,933
News Memories of bustling black enclave inspire visi... 7 min George Jackson III 3
Lol Trump's Presidency IMPOTENT! 10 min Chinga tu Madre 11
Christie Brinkley at 63 looks better than every... 16 min Kip 3
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 24 min dreamhunk 34,658
KIP: You're down with this, right? 35 min Marcus Washington 4
What Kind of White People are African Americans... 36 min KIP 26
Whites Should Stop Sending Aid To Africa, Israe... 50 min KIP 64
Buck beats 3 yo till he's good because he didn'... 1 hr T-BOS 14
More from around the web