MOST African Americans are NOT mixed

“Univ. of Texas-Med School!!! ”

Level 5

Since: Dec 12

Houston, TX

#3708 Dec 20, 2012
White Diamond32 wrote:
African Americans are a very diverse group.
I agree.

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3710 Dec 21, 2012
You don't know every single black American URU we do not all have the same percentage of mixture don't believe the hype!!! There are plenty of us just as mixed as Brazilians or more we are not all the same cookie cutter mix :)
I'm going to take that test as well

Level 5

Houston, TX

#3712 Dec 21, 2012
@UruEuWauWau

Like most of you non-AA Blacks who post here discussing AAs, you're literally full of crap and lies... Not to mention you have never been to the U.S. nor do you have any AA family members.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#3713 Dec 29, 2012
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> I bet you are 50% African 30% Caucasian and 20% Asian let me know
My facial features are full, but I would be shocked if i was that mixed.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#3714 Dec 29, 2012
Blaq honey wrote:
You don't know every single black American URU we do not all have the same percentage of mixture don't believe the hype!!! There are plenty of us just as mixed as Brazilians or more we are not all the same cookie cutter mix :)
I'm going to take that test as well
I think its here monday.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#3715 Jan 2, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
Im waiting on my admixture test results, I will post
"Test results" generally mean dittily dot. Trust family tradition. Ask the oldest member of your lineage about the "racial ID's" of the oldest member they know and remember. Always remember that "race" is a false identity. What is more relevant and more important is where your ancestors came from, not what race they belonged to. For example, an Asian person may vey well have come from West or East Africa. Or an African or Black person may have come from Asia. Also, understand that many of our ancestors at that time in American history, the 18th-early 19th Century, were not directly from Africa and not slaves. For example, I know of at least one prominenet case in which the person's mother was an Egyptian lady. But he was born somewhere in Asia. But in America, under the uniquely American racial classification system, he was called "colored". But at least half his ancestry was not a slave and had never been related to slaves. It is always a mistake to begin African history or ancestry with slavery or with American racial classification.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#3716 Jan 2, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> I bet you are 50% African 30% Caucasian and 20% Asian let me know
I bet she is less than 50% "negro" or African. Most of us are.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3717 Jan 2, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet she is less than 50% "negro" or African. Most of us are.
You think most of the Black population in the US is less than 50 percent African? We usually hear that the typical amount is around 70-80 percent.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#3718 Jan 3, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
You think most of the Black population in the US is less than 50 percent African? We usually hear that the typical amount is around 70-80 percent.
How do you define African? Would it include an Asian looking person from South Africa or Madagascar? There are many people in Africa who do not fit into any one particular racial group. Forget the whole discussion. It makes no sense at all.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#3719 Jan 3, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
West coast blacks have higher admixture levels, and a lot of creoles migrated to california as well. The further south you go, people have higher levels of african ancestry, but you do have some who have just as much as a west coast black. Creoles migrated to texas and california. I have been to the west coast, and many look mixed. I honestly believe that if they mix anymore, they will fade out of the black population.
bring the pain

United States

#3720 Jan 7, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
don't worry Ms. Mack, this person is ignorant I myself am 82%.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#3721 Jan 12, 2013
bring the pain wrote:
<quoted text>don't worry Ms. Mack, this person is ignorant I myself am 82%.
That's real precise, what was your other mixture?

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#3722 Jan 12, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>West coast blacks have higher admixture levels, and a lot of creoles migrated to california as well. The further south you go, people have higher levels of african ancestry, but you do have some who have just as much as a west coast black. Creoles migrated to texas and california. I have been to the west coast, and many look mixed. I honestly believe that if they mix anymore, they will fade out of the black population.
I have traveled to different states and the Blacks for the most part have the same level of light, dark and mediums.

I think there will always be a population of Blacks, simply because some people will never mix with whites, even though it is less of a stigma now. There are the passe blancs, but they are not so numerous.
bring the pain

United States

#3723 Jan 12, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
That's real precise, what was your other mixture?
Hate to say it but the other was 16% European and surprisingly only 2% American Indian.But I look Ethiopian and Egyptian.Some not all of my African ancestors came from that region even India.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#3724 Jan 12, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
I have traveled to different states and the Blacks for the most part have the same level of light, dark and mediums.
I think there will always be a population of Blacks, simply because some people will never mix with whites, even though it is less of a stigma now. There are the passe blancs, but they are not so numerous.
West Coast blacks are more mixed, its not just skin color, its facial features too. Black is not defined by who is mixing or not, its becoming more of what america considers black, and who calls themselves black. Many mixed people calls themselves black, even if they have one non black parent. Its all based off of the 1-drop rule, but people have one black parent, many feel confortable with identifying with black. Yes, we are diverse all over, but Cali has a lot of mixed looking blacks, of all shades.
surgecisco

Saltville, VA

#3725 Jan 12, 2013
people think I look like an alien.. and my eyes are like.. real... squinty squinty .. like some kinda super alien..

I am an alien actually...

when my mom gave birth to me I destroyed her womb so nobody else could come out..
surgecisco

Saltville, VA

#3726 Jan 12, 2013
i know what it really is i've seen other people with it is just a genetic combination..
2 eye features it gets overexxagerated in the genome..

Level 5

Houston, TX

#3727 Jan 13, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>West Coast blacks are more mixed, its not just skin color, its facial features too. Black is not defined by who is mixing or not, its becoming more of what america considers black, and who calls themselves black. Many mixed people calls themselves black, even if they have one non black parent. Its all based off of the 1-drop rule, but people have one black parent, many feel confortable with identifying with black. Yes, we are diverse all over, but Cali has a lot of mixed looking blacks, of all shades.
Probably due to a lot of creoles and a small AA pop.
Sylvia Reed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3728 Jan 21, 2013
c diddy wrote:
<quoted text> i must say you both kind of went out of line. Go on in life and concentrate on other things. You both are amazing human being so just exept that.:))))
Shut up halbreed...Most AAs dont share your mutt lineage Gayfag..I know it's confusing/painful being a mutt without a true race or identity but it's no reason to bring down most of us pure AAs with you.
Very few AAs have non black mixtures and most of those that do are recent mixtures from brothers boning snowbunnies or Indian grandparents from way back but most of us are pure as any other Africans.
hey the both of you need to go on in Life and exept the fact that both of you are amazing human being. Regardless of the debate its out of our Hands anywhey. God bless both you leave things alone and enjoy life. And remember watch your words they are weapons too.:_)))))))
Anonymous

Triangle, VA

#3729 Jan 21, 2013
Most black people are not as mixed as they think they are. Most of us still have 70%-75% African ancestry. And some even as high as 85%. The remaining 15%-30% percent is split among Native American, and Asian, even Latino. I know in my family alone, as far as back as 5 generation on my mother's side, there were no white people at all. And on my father's side, I'm sure of at least 3 generations were all black. I don't consider myself mixed race or of mixed heritage because there simply isn't enough for me too and it is not close enough for it to drastically change my identity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Negroes need to be taken out with the garbage! 6 min Got Rope 3
i dont trust halfbreeds 6 min White 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min VetnorsGate 1,746,906
James Shaw, the 29-year-old hero from Waffle Ho... 10 min White Pride Patriot 199
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 13 min Master I M White 983
Black sow hoards hundreds of rats in her house 17 min Master I M White 83
White Flight from Asians lol 18 min Barros 8
A PhD & A 1.5 Million Dollar Home? 1 hr The Patriot 24
Trump has Melania and black men don't 1 hr Lori899 87
Bust of ROMAN Emperor found in Egypt. 14 hr Whites have no hi... 79