Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

I really don't understand why Black people in America think so many of them are mixed. This is why MOST of us are not mixed:

1. Some Blacks were free. Many reproduced with other Blacks.

2. A small number of White men, usually rich, had Black slaves.

3. Black slaves DID have children together--lots of them.

4. The White "master" did not rape every woman on his plantation. And not every White "master" raped women.

5. WHo knows how many Black women were actually raped during and after slavery?

6. Who knows how many Black women actually had sex with White men?

7. WHo knows how many WHite women were raped by or had sex with Black men?

8. Today only 10% of Black men marry non-Black women and 5% Black women marry nonBlack men. I am sure no where near 30% of Black men are makng babies with White women and no where near 30% of Black women are making babies with White men. Considering that we are now "free" to reproduce with these people, I am sure we are reproducin with them more now than ever before. Thus, at least probably 70% of Black people are purely Black from this generation. It is probably an even larger number for years past.

WHy is it that Black people tend to hold on to the idea that most of Black Americans are mixed somewhere down the line? EVen if that were true, what is the relevance if that mixture happened more than four generations ago? I personally don't believe the hype: I hold that most African-Americans are NOT mixed.

Do you think its a good idea being mixed? or do you just hate that you might have high African ancestry
BadMouth

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

Tre wrote:
I really don't understand why Black people in America think so many of them are mixed. This is why MOST of us are not mixed:
4. The White "master" did not rape every woman on his plantation. And not every White "master" raped women.
8. Today only 10% of Black men marry non-Black women and 5% Black women marry nonBlack men. I am sure no where near 30% of Black men are makng babies with White women and no where near 30% of Black women are making babies with White men. Considering that we are now "free" to reproduce with these people, I am sure we are reproducin with them more now than ever before. Thus, at least probably 70% of Black people are purely Black from this generation. It is probably an even larger number for years past.
WHy is it that Black people tend to hold on to the idea that most of Black Americans are mixed somewhere down the line? EVen if that were true, what is the relevance if that mixture happened more than four generations ago? I personally don't believe the hype: I hold that most African-Americans are NOT mixed.
Do you think its a good idea being mixed? or do you just hate that you might have high African ancestry
I know many white men had slaves just for sex. Slaves mated with injuns too.
CaramelThick29

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

Well, most maybe not mixed but I damn sure am lol. Not that it matters to me...but people always approach me asking

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

There is considerbale mixture of European and Amerindian blood in African Americans. There can be no disputing it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

Garrig wrote:
There is considerbale mixture of European and Amerindian blood in African Americans. There can be no disputing it.
amerindian blood? Hmmmmm thats a lie, AAs rarely carry Indian ancestry. 1 out of 20 carry 2% of amerindian ancestry. the mixer of AAs is EXTREMELY overblown by AAs them selfs.
Bob

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Most people in the USA whose families have been here for more than 100 years are some sort of mix. PBS has a special every year entitled "African American Lives." A Harvard professor does DNA test on African Americans to see how "african" they really are. Out of the two season on 1 person Oprah was 100% African decent. Don Cheadle who is very dark had white ancestors as did Whoopi Goldberg. Others have been found to be mixed with Chinese, Middle Eastern, etc. Also, a families "race" can change over generations. A black family 150 years ago could appear to be totally white due to many lighter skinned AAs pretending to be white and entering into white society. A large proportion of AAs are mixed with another race which does not have to be white.

Also, some AAs were "breed" just for sex. It is a well known fact that the price of a AA female slave would increase based on her mix, i.e. 1/4, 1/8, even 1/16 black.
Bob

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Also, AA women were raped by white men in large numbers during slavery until as recently as the 1960s due to it not being considered a crime in some states.

Level 2

Since: Jul 08

Philly & London SE6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Most people in the USA whose families have been here for more than 100 years are some sort of mix. PBS has a special every year entitled "African American Lives." A Harvard professor does DNA test on African Americans to see how "african" they really are. Out of the two season on 1 person Oprah was 100% African decent. Don Cheadle who is very dark had white ancestors as did Whoopi Goldberg. Others have been found to be mixed with Chinese, Middle Eastern, etc. Also, a families "race" can change over generations. A black family 150 years ago could appear to be totally white due to many lighter skinned AAs pretending to be white and entering into white society. A large proportion of AAs are mixed with another race which does not have to be white.
Also, some AAs were "breed" just for sex. It is a well known fact that the price of a AA female slave would increase based on her mix, i.e. 1/4, 1/8, even 1/16 black.
Thank you! I watched some of it on the internet and just ordered the DVD's from PBS of both series. The thread starter has no scientific data to back up his assertions. Companies selling these DNA kits have been pooling their results and are finding 30% of AA's that trace their paternal lineage descend from a white male. That's just one family branch!!!

Level 2

Philly & London SE6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

lou creole wrote:
<quoted text>amerindian blood? Hmmmmm thats a lie, AAs rarely carry Indian ancestry. 1 out of 20 carry 2% of amerindian ancestry. the mixer of AAs is EXTREMELY overblown by AAs them selfs.
Very true! In fact, they're finding through genetic testing that the majority of the admixture in AA's comes from Europeans. Rape is a touchy subject, you know!

Level 2

Philly & London SE6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Also, AA women were raped by white men in large numbers during slavery until as recently as the 1960s due to it not being considered a crime in some states.
Another excellent point! In some parts of the south it was customary for white males to break themselves in by raping a black girl/woman. Part of an induction into manhood.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Whoever started this thread has not been doing their homework. Most American Negroes are mixed. DNA testing proves this. The DNA tests show on average a mix of 20 percent Caucasoid. I am not sure what the percentage of Native American mix is, but the two percent mentioned earlier sounds about right.

“Yeah, I'm A Guy”

Level 1

So What?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Great Post and Very Interesting!

“Yeah, I'm A Guy”

Level 1

So What?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Lana17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is a touchy subject, you know!
When it comes to Africa American history you're absolutely right that rape is a touchy subject and many refuse to speak on it. I can pretty much talk about any subject just as long as the person I am talking with has some sense and are respectable LOL!!!

Level 2

Philly & London SE6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Partypooper wrote:
Let these morons think what they like. You know they like to claim anything BUT black, how sad is that. lol
About 30% of black Americans who take DNA tests to determine their African lineage prove to be descended from Europeans on their father's side, says Rick Kittles, scientific director of African Ancestry, a Washington, D.C., company that began offering the tests in 2003.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/genetics...

Level 2

Philly & London SE6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

lilnita wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to Africa American history you're absolutely right that rape is a touchy subject and many refuse to speak on it. I can pretty much talk about any subject just as long as the person I am talking with has some sense and are respectable LOL!!!
I here you :)
c diddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Tre wrote:
^^^
the truth.com

thank you man...i couldn't have said it better myself....very few of us are mixed...the overexggeration of AA mixture is a urban myth out of control fueled by both ignorance and self hatred...some AAs lie about mixture with whitey cause they feel inferior to whites or just want to feel specia/unique...but most of us know better.

Level 2

Philly & London SE6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Partypooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
Why are you guys so OBSESSED with claiming other races?
Guess what? you know those pure beautiful Africans in Africa? they were here first, so any race that you want to claim other than BLACK somehow, someway goes back to AFRICA.
Deal with it, have some pride you shameless tramp. You guys are so sad, no pride at all.
LOL, I'm not obsessed with anything! I merely provided you with scientific data to back up my comment. I believe you made a comment that we are making this up. Where's your data to support that?:)
c diddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Garrig wrote:
Shut up halbreed...Most AAs dont share your mutt lineage Gayfag..I know it's confusing/painful being a mutt without a true race or identity but it's no reason to bring down most of us pure AAs with you.
Very few AAs have non black mixtures and most of those that do are recent mixtures from brothers boning snowbunnies or Indian grandparents from way back but most of us are pure as any other Africans.
Jelly Beans

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

c diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up halbreed...Most AAs dont share your mutt lineage Gayfag..I know it's confusing/painful being a mutt without a true race or identity but it's no reason to bring down most of us pure AAs with you.
Very few AAs have non black mixtures and most of those that do are recent mixtures from brothers boning snowbunnies or Indian grandparents from way back but most of us are pure as any other Africans.
No one is purely one race.

Level 2

Philly & London SE6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Partypooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you morons were making anything up, all I said is you idiots are so desperate and obsessed with being mixed with anything it's enough to make a person sick to be honest, I can see why real Africans think they're better than you AA's, they are.
I've never met an ethiopian, somali girl who would claim anything BUT 100% African even while knowing that they most likely are not 'pure' African they still claim AFRICAN and that's it.
But you AA's...so desperate to be mixed, so desperate to have anyone know that you have atleast 1% of white blood in you lol. How sad. How digusting, how pathetic.
No, I think YOU think that! As I said, I'm not obsessed with anything. I heard this fact from someone in the scientific community, and despite people's claims or feelings about them, the fact is what it is. And I have heard women from HOA mentioning there ethnic mix so I don't get that claim you are making as well. In fact, some AA's are more pro-black/African then some African people I know. Each man should be judged according to his character. You can't lump one whole group and say everyone is one particular way. I agree there are some that claim everything under the sun, but how can I or you prove otherwise. What I showed you in that link is something partially concrete because at least it is backed by scientific data. Who knows what it will uncover as more people take DNA test.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,612
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••