........Intellectuals......

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Champ

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

- The Dead outnumber the living by approximately 30 to 1.
- You've experienced not existing longer than you have existed. People fear not existing, but not existing is something that should be more familiar to you than existing is.
- In the grand scheme of the univiserve, your 80 year life span is very insignificant. The universe is approximately 15billion years old.
- We're looking at the same moon that the first human that the ever walked on this earth was looking at.
- Our Galaxy's relationship to our universive is the equivalent to a Grain of sand on a beach. The nearest Galaxy to ours is 2.2 million light years away.
- The probability of the Human Species unlocking the secrets of the universe is not going to happen in our life time, or any humans lifetime at that. Were never going to know who/what exists outside of our galaxy.
- Earth hasn't been fully explored by man.
- Your body is made up of things from this Earth, meaning that You have been here since the beginning of time also, and You will also be here until the end of the universe.
Are we really even alive, or are we just the product of somethings imigination? If you have a dream that involves other beings, do they have a their own conscious? Why You? Why Me?
Ain't that some shyt........
Champ

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 6, 2010
 
- The Dead outnumber the living by approximately 30 to 1.

- You've experienced not existing longer than you have existed. People fear not existing, but not existing is something that should be more familiar to you than existing is.

- In the grand scheme of the univiserve, your 80 year life span is very insignificant. The universe is approximately 15billion years old.

- We're looking at the same moon that the first human that the ever walked on this earth was looking at.

- Our Galaxy's relationship to our universive is the equivalent to a Grain of sand on a beach. The nearest Galaxy to ours is 2.2 million light years away.

- The probability of the Human Species unlocking the secrets of the universe is not going to happen in our life time, or any humans lifetime at that. Were never going to know who/what exists outside of our galaxy.

- Earth hasn't been fully explored by man.

- Your body is made up of things from this Earth, meaning that You have been here since the beginning of time also, and You will also be here until the end of the universe.

Are we really even alive, or are we just the product of somethings imigination? If you have a dream that involves other beings, do they have a their own conscious? Why You? Why Me?

Any thoughts?

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

The questions are comming because you are thinking you are the person(ego) in a body. The ego is not real, but a phantom. So naturally it keeps doubting/questioning. The doubts the ego has is legion. But if you tune inward and be as your own SELF which is Awareness then how can doubts arise? Doubts are thoughts (mind) and not real. Mind does not exist apart from thinking. If you remain as Awareness then thoughts or doubts do not arise at all. Your ego is asking questions and that is how it survives.

Awareness is not in the body but the body is in awareness. You are not the body or the personal ego. What you really are cannot be localised. But you are eternally present and aware. That is the greatest wonder. Awareness is indivisible. Everything is regsitered in awareness first and then the mind picks up and claims credit for itself.

The mind is contained in awareness. The mind cannot know what awareness is. The whole universe is contained in awareness. For anything to be the awareness has to be there first. You are that awareness itself. You are able to see because of awareness. Unless you realise the SELF the questions are endless. Once the SELF is realised all questions including the questioner get resolved in the SELF. The bblical statements say it all. Realise I am(man) that I am(God), and be still and know that I am god.
Skits

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Champ wrote:
- The Dead outnumber the living by approximately 30 to 1.
- You've experienced not existing longer than you have existed. People fear not existing, but not existing is something that should be more familiar to you than existing is.
- In the grand scheme of the univiserve, your 80 year life span is very insignificant. The universe is approximately 15billion years old.
- We're looking at the same moon that the first human that the ever walked on this earth was looking at.
- Our Galaxy's relationship to our universive is the equivalent to a Grain of sand on a beach. The nearest Galaxy to ours is 2.2 million light years away.
- The probability of the Human Species unlocking the secrets of the universe is not going to happen in our life time, or any humans lifetime at that. Were never going to know who/what exists outside of our galaxy.
- Earth hasn't been fully explored by man.
- Your body is made up of things from this Earth, meaning that You have been here since the beginning of time also, and You will also be here until the end of the universe.
Are we really even alive, or are we just the product of somethings imigination? If you have a dream that involves other beings, do they have a their own conscious? Why You? Why Me?
Any thoughts?
Yes. We're really alive. I have a question. Are the random people in our dreams real people? Do we die in real life if we die in our dream?

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

(Yehoshua speaking)-All things that can be seen by human eyes are manifests of aught,are naught,and so must pass away.
The things that we see are but reflexes just appearing,while ethers vibrate so and so,and when conditions change they disappear.
The Holy Breath is truth,is that which was,and is,and shall evermore shall be;it cannot change nor pass away''.
Lamaas said;You answer well,now what is man?''

Yehoshua said;''Man is the truth and falsehood strangley mixed.
Man is the breath made flesh;so truth,and falsehood are conjoined in him;and then they strive,and naught goes down and man as truth abides.''

Yehoshua speaking to Barata in India:

''Regard not what any man has said;let us forget the flesh and go with mind into the land of the fleshless things;mind never does forget.And backward through the ages masterminds can trace themselves;and thus they know.Time never was when man was not.''

''Inharmony and evil are the same.So evil is the hand-work of man.''
Seeds do not germinate in light.They do not grow until they find the soil to hide themselves away from the light.''

''And so man sought the soil of carnal life;and in the darksomeness of earth he found a place where he could germinate and grow.''-Mengste the sage
Champ

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

__Peace__ wrote:
The questions are comming because you are thinking you are the person(ego) in a body. The ego is not real, but a phantom. So naturally it keeps doubting/questioning. The doubts the ego has is legion. But if you tune inward and be as your own SELF which is Awareness then how can doubts arise? Doubts are thoughts (mind) and not real. Mind does not exist apart from thinking. If you remain as Awareness then thoughts or doubts do not arise at all. Your ego is asking questions and that is how it survives.
Awareness is not in the body but the body is in awareness. You are not the body or the personal ego. What you really are cannot be localised. But you are eternally present and aware. That is the greatest wonder. Awareness is indivisible. Everything is regsitered in awareness first and then the mind picks up and claims credit for itself.
The mind is contained in awareness. The mind cannot know what awareness is. The whole universe is contained in awareness. For anything to be the awareness has to be there first. You are that awareness itself. You are able to see because of awareness. Unless you realise the SELF the questions are endless. Once the SELF is realised all questions including the questioner get resolved in the SELF. The bblical statements say it all. Realise I am(man) that I am(God), and be still and know that I am god.
Do you believe in FreeWill? Also do you believe in cause in effect? What do you think about the relationship between cause and effect and free will?

Meaning that is someones choices nothing more than reactions to other events?

How can a man be responsible for his choices, if it is his character that makes the choices? The man didn't make his own character, or do you believe that in some way we did?
Champ

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Skits wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We're really alive. I have a question. Are the random people in our dreams real people? Do we die in real life if we die in our dream?
I have a question for you, how do you know that you are not dreaming now? What is the distinguishing factor for you? When someone is asleep, they are convinced that everything is real, how do you seperate the two?

Also, can you define "You" or "We" or what you really are? Do you believe that YOU are the personality inside the body? If so, does that mean that people with multiple personalities are more than one sharing the same body?

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 6, 2010
 
Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in FreeWill? Also do you believe in cause in effect? What do you think about the relationship between cause and effect and free will?
Meaning that is someones choices nothing more than reactions to other events?
How can a man be responsible for his choices, if it is his character that makes the choices? The man didn't make his own character, or do you believe that in some way we did?
Interesting aspect!

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 6, 2010
 
Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for you, how do you know that you are not dreaming now? What is the distinguishing factor for you? When someone is asleep, they are convinced that everything is real, how do you seperate the two?
Also, can you define "You" or "We" or what you really are? Do you believe that YOU are the personality inside the body? If so, does that mean that people with multiple personalities are more than one sharing the same body?
Its the most bizzar thing. when we dream, it seems so real. A while back i had these dreams that i was in a vast school, inside a forest. everyone i've knew throughout my lifetime was apart of the school. It was always shaded, and it felt so real. I heard every voice and word clearly, could have even sworn i felt the air and smelt the place. but when i woke up...i was nothing more than sweating and feeling the cold breeze from outside...freaky! did i go into some kind of parallel universe?
Skits

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for you, how do you know that you are not dreaming now? What is the distinguishing factor for you? When someone is asleep, they are convinced that everything is real, how do you seperate the two?
Also, can you define "You" or "We" or what you really are? Do you believe that YOU are the personality inside the body? If so, does that mean that people with multiple personalities are more than one sharing the same body?
I'm not dreaming right now because everything is real. Can dreams even last that long? I believe that I am the spirit within my body with a personality. Only humans have souls. People with multiple personalities only have one spirit/soul...so they are still one person.
Champ

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Citiboy wrote:
<quoted text>Its the most bizzar thing. when we dream, it seems so real. A while back i had these dreams that i was in a vast school, inside a forest. everyone i've knew throughout my lifetime was apart of the school. It was always shaded, and it felt so real. I heard every voice and word clearly, could have even sworn i felt the air and smelt the place. but when i woke up...i was nothing more than sweating and feeling the cold breeze from outside...freaky! did i go into some kind of parallel universe?
Weird isn't it. It's like the body and senses still function while we are sleeping, like if you hear the television playing a certain movie while your sleeping, your dream starts to take the shape of what you are hearing. Like if your sleep, and someone slams a door, you hear the bang of the door while you are sleeping, and the mind attempts to apply that bang to something, and that's when the confusion starts.

It's like the senses are fully active, even though you are sleep, they are still processing things and trying to assign them to what they maybe, and associating noises with events, and even things you feel while you're sleep can lead your dream down a different path.

Even though you are sleep, you are still awake in a sense, makes you wonder, what part of you is actually asleep?
shadow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for you, how do you know that you are not dreaming now? What is the distinguishing factor for you? When someone is asleep, they are convinced that everything is real, how do you seperate the two?
Also, can you define "You" or "We" or what you really are? Do you believe that YOU are the personality inside the body? If so, does that mean that people with multiple personalities are more than one sharing the same body?
morpheus? is that you?
Champ

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 6, 2010
 
Skits wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not dreaming right now because everything is real. Can dreams even last that long? I believe that I am the spirit within my body with a personality. Only humans have souls. People with multiple personalities only have one spirit/soul...so they are still one person.
Why do you say that only humans have souls? Do you think that animals are aware? Animals express emotion, do you think they are lifeless creatures? Also, how do you seperate the spirit from the body?
What is the difference between a human and an animal? How can you determine that an animal doesn't have a soul? Animals have very distinct personalities. It the personality is the soul, then that would mean that you believe that animals have souls also.
Skits

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say that only humans have souls? Do you think that animals are aware? Animals express emotion, do you think they are lifeless creatures? Also, how do you seperate the spirit from the body?
What is the difference between a human and an animal? How can you determine that an animal doesn't have a soul? Animals have very distinct personalities. It the personality is the soul, then that would mean that you believe that animals have souls also.
Well, I am a Christian, so I'm going about this in a spirtual way. Animals don't have souls, thus they don't go to heaven or hell. They just die. Just like a tree has life, but it doesn't have a soul or spirit. The body is physical. When someone dies, their body stays behind, but their spirit goes..

Humans have more wisdom than animals. Personality and the soul are different.

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in FreeWill? Also do you believe in cause in effect? What do you think about the relationship between cause and effect and free will?
Meaning that is someones choices nothing more than reactions to other events?
How can a man be responsible for his choices, if it is his character that makes the choices? The man didn't make his own character, or do you believe that in some way we did?
I do believe in free will and that we are co creators in this holographic universe.These never ending questions are comming because you are thinking you are the person(ego/the illusion) in a body. The ego is not real, but a phantom.So naturally it keeps doubting/questioning.This is why you must tune into that light/lamp(3rd eye) on the inside you to lead you and guide you into all truths

Gen 32:30-And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel(paneal gland in the brain/3rd eye=face of G-d)for i have seen God face to face and my life is preserved(The regenerated effect of the pineal gland which becomes so when the raised spirit fire cements the sand like particles of this gland that connects you to your higher self)

http://www.indotalisman.com/esoterichrist.htm...

Light from a cosmological point of view, is the essence of all matter. It is the primal energy which manifests in substances that composes our universe. Matter is densified light. Between matter and the pure Light of Omneity are manifestations of God-radiance in varying intensities. Light was the first emanation of Omneity, it is the manifestation of the Supreme Godhead's first spoken creative impulse--"Let there be Light." (Gen 1:3). This fiat was not the creation of the sun and its radiating energies but something more subtle and lofty.

Light is often identified with the Word, the Pranava "OM," which is in a continuous reverberation throughout the cosmos. Hindu mystics call the Sound, "Sabda Brahma." The Sufis are acquainted with the existence of this Word-Light; they refer to it as the "Kalam-I-Aadim," meaning, "the Ancient Sound." Christian mystics, on the other hand, figuratively call it "the Rush of a Mighty Wind," and "the Sound of the Trumpet." Gnostics, Hindu and Buddhist Tantric mystics, and High-degree Sufis initiate candidates to the gnosis or marifat where the Divine Light and Sound emanating from one's very essential being, the very essence of God, are experientially seen and heard. Blind faith and beliefs are replaced with knowledge, experience, and conviction.

One perceives God's radiant countenance face to face and is transformed thereby; no longer is the on-looker a mortal or lives as one but spiritually immortal as he "sees" his very SELF as "Sat-Chit-Ananda,"or "Existence-Consciousness- Bliss."

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Yehoshua/jesus-''The purpouse of the 3rd eye is for man to see the SELF,the Great God and in reality these two,as Truth,are ONE.Yehoshua said to Lamaas,a Bramic priest of India's Jagianath''there is power in the eye''-The Exhuming of a Nation

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Champ wrote:
- The Dead outnumber the living by approximately 30 to 1.
- You've experienced not existing longer than you have existed. People fear not existing, but not existing is something that should be more familiar to you than existing is.
- In the grand scheme of the univiserve, your 80 year life span is very insignificant. The universe is approximately 15billion years old.
- We're looking at the same moon that the first human that the ever walked on this earth was looking at.
- Our Galaxy's relationship to our universive is the equivalent to a Grain of sand on a beach. The nearest Galaxy to ours is 2.2 million light years away.
- The probability of the Human Species unlocking the secrets of the universe is not going to happen in our life time, or any humans lifetime at that. Were never going to know who/what exists outside of our galaxy.
- Earth hasn't been fully explored by man.
- Your body is made up of things from this Earth, meaning that You have been here since the beginning of time also, and You will also be here until the end of the universe.
Are we really even alive, or are we just the product of somethings imigination? If you have a dream that involves other beings, do they have a their own conscious? Why You? Why Me?
Any thoughts?
Honestly, if it was not for "intellect" your post would have chilled me to the bone, Champ. I have asked myself these questions before, as far as existing. Often times I feel like I am here to do something extraordinary, but who can you tell without sounding egotistical?
And about dreams, I can not sleep without sound, I need to hear SOMETHING before I go to sleep, Im still not accustomed to the quietness of the south.
Question: do you ever feel like you are being controlled? Like in a videogame, would be a better example...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 6, 2010
 
Skits wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We're really alive. I have a question. Are the random people in our dreams real people? Do we die in real life if we die in our dream?
Those people are so very REAL, I once heard that the "lovers" in our dream supposely "lovers" from our afterlife. And trust me, they can make love with you, kiss you, talk to you and soon on...
All jokes aside, I have met some of the most "beautiful" beings in my dreams and even the companions have angelic attitudes...looks we have nothing to fear in death (well as far as I know).
Isn't death a longer form of rest anyway; so technically no one ever really dies...right?

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

It's one big universal mind,and you're the one holding the controller to the ''video game'' but in our disconnected state we percieve it as G-d.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Mengste,an elder wise man(sage)from China,once told Yehoshua,''All things are thought;all life is thought activity.The multitudes of beings are but phases of the one great thought made manifest.Lo,the Great God is thought and thought is the Great God.
Moses-1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

The term ego, alludes to our deeply ingrained self-referential, self-seeking disposition, our well-hidden and highly adaptable attitude that life revolves around me and mine. Ego cuts us off from other people, from Nature, from God, from our authentic self, from our true responsibility, and from fulfilling our destiny. Our ego is the great usurper. It focuses on our local independence, falsely presuming it to be a global independence. The ego convinces us that we are truly separate beings with ultimately separate will, having no inherent connection with other people or with God.

Our ego installs us at the center of the universe, separate from all and enslaved by time. Dwelling on our past history, our conditioning, our grudges, our manufactured identity, our personality, or on our future hopes, dreams, fears, anxieties, desires, and pressures, ego creates a constant torrent of mental structures, each of which proclaim “This is me.” In childhood we become so involved and enamored with the growing arsenal of our ego, that we unquestioningly assume it is who we are. That insidious assumption constitutes the ego's iron grip on us.
Moses-1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 7, 2010
 
Religions and paths portray the nature of our egoism and how to deal with it in one of two quite distinct modes. Usually, and to our misfortune, the ways reify and solidify ego into a something, an enemy, which must be overcome, which must die, which inherently resides in our tainted nature, which must be purified. True enough. One cannot argue with the accumulated wisdom of great religions. For our modern culture, though, the notion that our ego must die seems frightening. More importantly, the notion that we harbor inherent spiritual taints gets interpreted by our self-bashing, insecure psychology to mean that we are bad, or at least inadequate — something that we in the West are often trained to believe from childhood on. We believe we are not good enough. So we don the knowledge of being corrupt to our core as a mantle of supposed wisdom, and flock to those that teach it. Then the religious teaching about egoism simply gets co-opted by the self-denigrating side of our ego, eagerly adopted and accepted as yet another weakness. We hang our heads and beat our breasts and feel the better (or worse) for it. Unfortunately, all this only strengthens our egoism and leads us into an endless cycle, akin to a dog chasing its tail.

Casting our ego as the enemy in a holy war and winning that battle is an exceedingly difficult proposition, primarily because the ego proves to be a most subtle adversary. In fact, the ego will even join the battle against itself. It will take it on and say “this is wonderful, I’m going to battle against ego, I will become free, I will be wonderful, I will be better than I am now, and I will be better than other people, because I will be a highly evolved spiritual being.” The ego joins our forces. As an enemy, it infiltrates our lines, wearing our own uniform, its soldiers and officers indistinguishable from ours. How does one fight a battle against such a devious and resourceful enemy? For most of us, it comes to nothing but another heap of suffering as we merely fight ourselves in the name of spirituality and sink more deeply than ever into the morass of self-centeredness. Only the rarest of souls find a way through this conundrum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••