why don't we move our black asses ba...

why don't we move our black asses back to africa?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 32
Next Last
Darnelious Cheeks

San Jose, CA

#1 Aug 14, 2007
for real man, we could be kings back home. sheet the mexican has already passed us by here, but if we went back home we could run the show, and show the world just how good we are without yt holding us down. I say all 40 million of us black brothers and sisters blow this place and go back home, we would have oil and gold and diamonds, and we could kick the rest of the yt's out of south africa and we would be in heaven!
darnell

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Aug 14, 2007
are you serious?
renee

Princeton Junction, NJ

#3 Aug 14, 2007
bravo !!!

We'll even foot the air fare. First class. One way. ;)
darnell

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2007
i mean there are so many things wrong with what you said that I wouldn't even know where to begin.
C-Bisquit

AOL

#5 Aug 14, 2007
Sure right after you find us jobs and homes and a country where we would be able to keep our own developed culture.
L ALL OVER

Santa Clara, CA

#6 Aug 14, 2007
I don't think Mexicans have passed us by.

I also don't think "overtaking Africa" would be that easy as it is being primed to be exploited by the U.S. and other world powers as we type.

Also how are the inhabitants going to feel about 40 million peeps who some may not even feel any kind of kinship too or even feel hostility towards land on their soil?

On top of that Africa is not united. There are all these countries, headed by different types of governments, multiple languages etc..

That would be challenging, but I personally would love to live there.
L ALL OVER

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Aug 14, 2007
kinship towards- typo
Robbie J

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Aug 14, 2007
Have at it man. Maybe the mexicans have passed you by, but I'm running the show where I am.
MALCOM X

Tampa, FL

#9 Aug 14, 2007
THIS GUY Darnelious Cheeks IS WHITE

80% OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE ARE WHITE

THEY ALL WISH THEY COULD BLACK
darnell

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Aug 14, 2007
i believe that wholeheartedly, because its too ridiculous.

and I believe the quanteska or whatever the f**k is white too, because there is just no way that anybody could be that ignorant and be able to operate a computer.
Sinajuavi

Brownsburg, VA

#11 Aug 14, 2007
Mexicans have far lower socioeconomic stats in the USA than African-Americans.

Your lifestyle, in fact, if you're black OR white in the USA, is subsidized by their cheap labor.

Jim Crow has evolved now...instead of those classified as "black" being affected, it is used against those classified as "illegal"...to maintain them as blacks once were in a cheap pool of easily exploitable labor.

“The Truth”

Since: Aug 07

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Aug 14, 2007
Move back to Africa???

I joined the Peace Corps and visited Ghana for a month last year to volunteer and help out for the Aids crisis taking over. And let me tell you something, my Brothas and Sistas, they don’t particularly like us.

Sure, we have the melanin in our skin to produce our brown complexions of varying degrees. But one thing is they think that we’ve had it better than they did. And truth be told-we did. Our country is suffering, but not as bad as Africa.

I forgot the word that they called me, but the basic meaning was still the same…we are not alike.

At first, that shocked me and sort of hurt me to know that they felt this way about blacks from America and other countries outside of Africa. But then I got over it. It’s the way of the world.

But one thing I know is that I am not moving back to Africa. I would gladly go and visit-I’m joining again next year. But I would not live there.

It’s a sad thing to know that a country and people that we call our own, don’t even view us in the same thread.

“Living in the light.”

Akron

#13 Aug 14, 2007
you ain't lyin'. i'm not going anywhere, at least until i feel like it. it they want us gone so bad, they shouldn't have brought us here! we invested too much in this country, people of color, and the check is past due!
ubangistickgod

United States

#14 Aug 14, 2007
C-Bisquit wrote:
Sure right after you find us jobs and homes and a country where we would be able to keep our own developed culture.
C-Bisquit,

Something tells me that you would be quite happy in africa as long as you had access to plenty of jenkem.
renee

Princeton Junction, NJ

#15 Aug 14, 2007
ubangistickgod wrote:
<quoted text>
C-Bisquit,
Something tells me that you would be quite happy in africa as long as you had access to plenty of jenkem.
te-he

“The Truth”

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Aug 14, 2007
nommosdream wrote:
you ain't lyin'. i'm not going anywhere, at least until i feel like it. it they want us gone so bad, they shouldn't have brought us here! we invested too much in this country, people of color, and the check is past due!
"Our check is past due!"----Tell me about it!!!!

“The Truth”

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Aug 14, 2007
nommosdream wrote:
If that isn't the truth, then I don't know what is!
OOPS

Memphis, TN

#19 Aug 14, 2007
Trust wrote:
Move back to Africa???
I joined the Peace Corps and visited Ghana for a month last year to volunteer and help out for the Aids crisis taking over. And let me tell you something, my Brothas and Sistas, they don’t particularly like us.
Sure, we have the melanin in our skin to produce our brown complexions of varying degrees. But one thing is they think that we’ve had it better than they did. And truth be told-we did. Our country is suffering, but not as bad as Africa.
I forgot the word that they called me, but the basic meaning was still the same…we are not alike.
At first, that shocked me and sort of hurt me to know that they felt this way about blacks from America and other countries outside of Africa. But then I got over it. It’s the way of the world.
But one thing I know is that I am not moving back to Africa. I would gladly go and visit-I’m joining again next year. But I would not live there.
It’s a sad thing to know that a country and people that we call our own, don’t even view us in the same thread.
It is amazing that such a topic comes up.. and then people buy into it.. "back to" the same thing white folks say, "go back to" back to implies that is where you are from..400 years and you talk about going back..black Americans have as much or more invested in this country..perhaps if more time was spent on being Americans rather than African Americans, things could be better.Descendants of slaves, have evolved into a different people altogether,there is nothing about Africa in them, perhaps a bit of color, but the mores, folkways,customs,values, are so different..Be Americans,,and get over the "back to" thing. Trust, you've experienced this..and I know first hand too..
french west indian

Chilly-mazarin, France

#20 Aug 14, 2007
Trust wrote:
Move back to Africa???
First of all ,Africa is a continent and not a country ! you went to ghana and Africa got many other countries.I went to Africa : Senegal,Benin,Botswana,Tanzani a and ghana and believe me it was wonderful.Don't think that all africans want to live in America,many live a wonderful life and don't envy blacks from the west as you think.It is all about culture,it is not a surprise if africans act like that with you , you have nothing to do with them culturally ,racially or socially,they can think you are lost because no african cultural ties!generally,africans are offended by someone who got european ways!you cannot expect to feel like home if you ignore african customs and history facts showed us that you cannot go back to Africa ,Liberia is a good example ,first african country in war and many economic problems because former slaves coming from America failed to integrate themselves,not black enough to be in america but not white enough to be integrated in the us!!so america is a better solution for you!Marcus garvey used to say that going back to Africa is not for lost soul.
Hmm

Calgary, Canada

#21 Aug 14, 2007
Darnelious Cheeks wrote:
for real man, we could be kings back home. sheet the mexican has already passed us by here, but if we went back home we could run the show, and show the world just how good we are without yt holding us down. I say all 40 million of us black brothers and sisters blow this place and go back home, we would have oil and gold and diamonds, and we could kick the rest of the yt's out of south africa and we would be in heaven!
I feel ya that's what I'm saying with all the intelligent, hands on, innovative and hard working black people in the world we must can go back and re-built Africa and live harmoniously with one another. But there are too many people that would rather stay in places that weren't designed for us which is kinda messed up if you ask me. Once I am done with school Africa will be my destination because i want to re- built it and learn about my culture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama finally decides to put golfing aside to v... 3 min Take a guess 44
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Paris 1,417,421
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 5 min fluer 217
Black Men Please Stop Going To Prison 6 min Thick Thighs Neve... 4
There is no shame in being a black cuckold (Nov '09) 10 min Thick Thighs Neve... 9
Turkey says America is 'holding live grenade w... 12 min Will Ham 1
News Tracee Ellis Ross is having a moment 12 min okimar 3
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 28 min fluer 378
Wikileaks : Clinton aide researched Parkinsons/... 55 min NotSoDivineMsM 12
Clinton foundation doners met with Crookes Hill... 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 20
More from around the web