is the infinite finite?

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of43
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 12, 2013
 
hypothetical
yop

Nancy, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 26, 2013
 
maybe
bohogamy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 26, 2013
 
dev143 wrote:
Space, like time, is an illusion.
Only consciousness is real.
The Self Aware Universe - Amit Goswami ISBN 0-87477-798-4
space is consciousness.
yop

Nancy, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 27, 2013
 
bohogamy wrote:
<quoted text>
space is consciousness.
Space ,as we see it, is an illusion because what we see of it is an interpretation of our brain.From that point of view,it is not wrong to claim that space" as we see" is fictional,so an illusion,the human version among the many possible interpretation of what space really is.
However,space is also consciousness because otherwise,we could not perceive it.
To sum up,our conscious allows our mind to build an illusion of the space.
As for the time,it's hard to conceive it as an illusion.Time cannot be interpretated differently insofar as the time which passes by is always the same for every elements on earth whatever the units that we use to measure it.
God

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 27, 2013
 
"the universe is mental"-the kybylon

The universe exists because it is perceived(by you). Therefore,the universe(physical)is influenced by thought(mental).

ll that you see is but a movie screen for the hologram your mind is projecting.
All we are is but holograms of pure vibratory light interfacing with creative thought who believe in a material reality because our senses fool us( by the rules of the Matrix/Maya) into perceiving that a solid world exists "out there." Where in reality, none of this is real. No Real solid ever existed, exists or will ever exist. we are all hollow. Light is but hollow. All is hollow-graphic. All is Holy. This is all it can be. All the rest is a grand Illusion created by the Original Mind(Man).Black=original. Man means mind.

All is an illusion, we individually and collectively participate in creating our own individual and collective realities. Everything, at its most basic level is energy. At no time in space can energy be created nor destroyed, it can only change from one form to another, as for matter it is 99.99999999% empty only 0.00000001% energy, with your five senses it creates matter right before your eyes, your frequency level matches the frequency of matter in the illusion reality you occupy, the planet is a construct of an ideal that occupies time and space, each dimension is happening at once, you choose to be here and now, free will. you accepted,you are the God/Godddess.
bohogamy

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 27, 2013
 
God wrote:
"the universe is mental"-the kybylon
The universe exists because it is perceived(by you). Therefore,the universe(physical)is influenced by thought(mental).
ll that you see is but a movie screen for the hologram your mind is projecting.
All we are is but holograms of pure vibratory light interfacing with creative thought who believe in a material reality because our senses fool us( by the rules of the Matrix/Maya) into perceiving that a solid world exists "out there." Where in reality, none of this is real. No Real solid ever existed, exists or will ever exist. we are all hollow. Light is but hollow. All is hollow-graphic. All is Holy. This is all it can be. All the rest is a grand Illusion created by the Original Mind(Man).Black=original. Man means mind.
All is an illusion, we individually and collectively participate in creating our own individual and collective realities. Everything, at its most basic level is energy. At no time in space can energy be created nor destroyed, it can only change from one form to another, as for matter it is 99.99999999% empty only 0.00000001% energy, with your five senses it creates matter right before your eyes, your frequency level matches the frequency of matter in the illusion reality you occupy, the planet is a construct of an ideal that occupies time and space, each dimension is happening at once, you choose to be here and now, free will. you accepted,you are the God/Godddess.
yes all is energy and energy consciousness and wat we percieve as space all all interchangable terms.but to say we are gods amd choose to be here is false. We just minute versions of absolute energy or space. We didnt ask for this ish..we didnt ask to be here. Absolute divided itself and created individual versions with free will. While still retaining its absolute status.
bohogamy

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 27, 2013
 
yop wrote:
<quoted text>
Space ,as we see it, is an illusion because what we see of it is an interpretation of our brain.From that point of view,it is not wrong to claim that space" as we see" is fictional,so an illusion,the human version among the many possible interpretation of what space really is.
However,space is also consciousness because otherwise,we could not perceive it.
To sum up,our conscious allows our mind to build an illusion of the space.
As for the time,it's hard to conceive it as an illusion.Time cannot be interpretated differently insofar as the time which passes by is always the same for every elements on earth whatever the units that we use to measure it.
from absolute point of view space is spaceless like an ocean is spacless and yet space at the sametime. Fishes move within the ocean..yet its a substance. Space is then something like that. Yes energy ,consciousness, both terms can be used to describe it.
God

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 27, 2013
 
bohogamy wrote:
<quoted text>
yes all is energy and energy consciousness and wat we percieve as space all all interchangable terms.but to say we are gods amd choose to be here is false. We just minute versions of absolute energy or space. We didnt ask for this ish..we didnt ask to be here. Absolute divided itself and created individual versions with free will. While still retaining its absolute status.
"There is no God or devil.Your religion is for immature people"--Osho
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"Being never develops. Being simply is. There is no evolution, there is no time involved in it. It is eternity, it is not "becoming." Spiritually, you never develop; you cannot. As far as the ultimate goal is concerned, you are already there. You have never been anywhere else.

Then what is development? Development is only a kind of awakening to the truth that you are. The truth does not grow; only recognition grows, remembrance grows.
you are already Gods,Buddhas from the very beginning
God

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 27, 2013
 
The secret of all the secret,the secret that haunts the hearts of men, what is beyond so-called "God"(santa clause)?To think is to lie to yourself. Thoughts are nothing more than an attempt to create meaning that doesn't really exist. Thoughts are just creativity, never the true reality. That's why the Buddha's say that "the only way to find the truth is to empty your cup (mind) completely". everything is just energy at work. when you die you go back to the truth because the brain that facilitates your thoughts and beliefs dies and all that is left is the truth about what you truly are.
yop

Villerupt, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 28, 2013
 
God wrote:
The secret of all the secret,the secret that haunts the hearts of men, what is beyond so-called "God"(santa clause)?To think is to lie to yourself. Thoughts are nothing more than an attempt to create meaning that doesn't really exist. Thoughts are just creativity, never the true reality. That's why the Buddha's say that "the only way to find the truth is to empty your cup (mind) completely". everything is just energy at work. when you die you go back to the truth because the brain that facilitates your thoughts and beliefs dies and all that is left is the truth about what you truly are.
For instance,the message you wrote on your keyboard as i do now is not real but just an illusion,a creativity?So we are sharing this illusion together!We're sharing the time together as well.So time and space are a common illusion that we all share now.Then,it could be perceived as a general single truth given everyone's mind see the same thing at the same time.There is a common thought.
doberman

Eaton, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Sep 28, 2013
 
interesting thread. if we live in an infinite universe, or multi-verse as it were, but wirh a finite set of elements and molecular arrangements- then everything has to repeat at some point. an analogy i read from physicist brian greene is a standard pack of 52 playing cards. when you shuffle a deck, there are upwards of a million possibilities for the order they would be in. but since there are a finite numbers of constituant parts (52), that deck order will repeat infinitely in an infinite time setting.
so earth must also repeat itself somewhere or somewhen. no matter if its a billion trillion quadrillion light years away. if space is infinite then this arrangement must repeat itself infinitely. its mind boggling

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Sep 28, 2013
 
Read Tertium Organum - PD Ouspensky

It makes as much sense as any of this BS string theory or m-theory non-sense, and it was written 90 years ago....

"turtles all the way down..."
blah you nitty derp

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Sep 28, 2013
 
pi is infinite!

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 30, 2013
 
Very dumb question though !

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 30, 2013
 
Another dumb one : Is male a female ?

OR Is zero equal to one ?
bohogamy

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 30, 2013
 
God wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is no God or devil.Your religion is for immature people"--Osho
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Being never develops. Being simply is. There is no evolution, there is no time involved in it. It is eternity, it is not "becoming." Spiritually, you never develop; you cannot. As far as the ultimate goal is concerned, you are already there. You have never been anywhere else.
Then what is development? Development is only a kind of awakening to the truth that you are. The truth does not grow; only recognition grows, remembrance grows.
you are already Gods,Buddhas from the very beginning
i done told you we aint gods were miniature versions of god. The absolute remains the grander version. Were same as absolute except limited. If not we'd all be flying and stuff if we truly were that powerful.
bohogamy

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 30, 2013
 
doberman wrote:
interesting thread. if we live in an infinite universe, or multi-verse as it were, but wirh a finite set of elements and molecular arrangements- then everything has to repeat at some point. an analogy i read from physicist brian greene is a standard pack of 52 playing cards. when you shuffle a deck, there are upwards of a million possibilities for the order they would be in. but since there are a finite numbers of constituant parts (52), that deck order will repeat infinitely in an infinite time setting.
so earth must also repeat itself somewhere or somewhen. no matter if its a billion trillion quadrillion light years away. if space is infinite then this arrangement must repeat itself infinitely. its mind boggling
not really what i think would happen is a threadmill scenerio. Were if you get to the end you be moving no-where fast. I doubt there's some carbon copy earths outhere.
doberman

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Sep 30, 2013
 
bohogamy wrote:
<quoted text>
not really what i think would happen is a threadmill scenerio. Were if you get to the end you be moving no-where fast. I doubt there's some carbon copy earths outhere.
its really not an opinion given the criteria i stated. IF the reality of our universe is truly infinite, then what i wrote is an inevitability, not up for questioning.
rottengy

Nancy, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Sep 30, 2013
 
dcool wrote:
Very dumb question though !
not dumber than the famous "to be or not to be?"
bohogamy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Sep 30, 2013
 
doberman wrote:
<quoted text>
its really not an opinion given the criteria i stated. IF the reality of our universe is truly infinite, then what i wrote is an inevitability, not up for questioning.
well the threadmill scenerio can be viewd as infinity...going no where fast..think about it. We get to a point of the vaccum where we just keep going no where thats somewhat infinity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of43
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••