It is what it is.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Wow that is.... Embarrassing.
lol

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2013
I don't think I could be proud of my son if he was gay. That's not somethign to be proud of to me.

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Magic has HIV. He lives in LA. So is he going to spend the rest of his time on earth hating his son he raised. Or is he going to enjoy the time he has left and just accept it as his life.

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 3, 2013
lol wrote:
I don't think I could be proud of my son if he was gay. That's not somethign to be proud of to me.
That is a difficult question that you truly can't answer until you are confronted with it. I know an older couple whose only child turned out to be gay. It has been many years since he came out but his parents have always loved him just the same.
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#7 Apr 3, 2013
Not surprised. I always thought Magic had a little sugar in his tank himself.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Apr 3, 2013
It's better to be who you are than go around and deceive others. And let's hope he love BM as much as he does WM.
Enlightened

Raleigh, NC

#9 Apr 3, 2013
I would accept and love my children for whatever their sexual preferences may be. Although it may be a little uncomfortable for me, their happiness and enjoyment on this earth for the short time we are here is more important than anything.
lol

United States

#10 Apr 3, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a difficult question that you truly can't answer until you are confronted with it. I know an older couple whose only child turned out to be gay. It has been many years since he came out but his parents have always loved him just the same.
I would love my son with everything. My statement is that I don't think I could be proud of him. It's a different. I can love him but I wouldn't be proud that he is gay. Magic said he was proud of his son. I don't THINK I could say that about my gay son.
lol

United States

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Enlightened wrote:
I would accept and love my children for whatever their sexual preferences may be. Although it may be a little uncomfortable for me, their happiness and enjoyment on this earth for the short time we are here is more important than anything.
Would you be proud of them though if you raised them to be straight?
lol

United States

#12 Apr 3, 2013
difference*
Enlightened

Raleigh, NC

#14 Apr 3, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be proud of them though if you raised them to be straight?
No I wouldn't be proud. It would go against my teaching and what I have taught my child. I wouldn't even say I support it. That sounds like you would buy gifts of dresses, panties, purses, hose, and let him use your make-up, etc. My parents made it clear if we ever decided to smoke cigarettes do not expect them to ever buy a pack because it went against what we were taught.
I would accept it but not support it.
Enlightened

Raleigh, NC

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Bronze5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a fruitcake is disgusting no matter what race it is.
Blacks learned about being homosexual from their slave master.
According to the bible, all fruitcake a will be destroyed when Christ returns, doesn't matter how good you think your heart is.
It's still not for us to judge them. A sin is sin and one is just as bad as the other. In the case of the prostitute, Christ said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Nobody could do that. Not for us to judge anybody.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Bronze5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a fruitcake is disgusting no matter what race it is.
Blacks learned about being homosexual from their slave master.
According to the bible, all fruitcake a will be destroyed when Christ returns, doesn't matter how good you think your heart is.
The bible is myth and you suck for saying this.

Level 7

Location hidden

#20 Apr 3, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>I would love my son with everything. My statement is that I don't think I could be proud of him. It's a different. I can love him but I wouldn't be proud that he is gay. Magic said he was proud of his son. I don't THINK I could say that about my gay son.
Well, it depends on how you qualify the pride. You can be proud that he had the courage to stand up to say who he truly is. You can be proud of the type of citizen he is, etc. Having a gay or lesbian child is not something that most parents plan for but knowing people who have been in that situation, I can certainly say that they are proud of their children.
lol

United States

#21 Apr 3, 2013
Bronze5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is sin-correct...but that doesn't give an excuse to be a fruitcake. In the Christian church they allow these men to remain fruitcake. Everybody says sin is sin...but I don't see you Christians trying to correct these sins. All you do is make excuses.
It is suprising that a lot of gay people go to church. They have to know that it's wrong. That'slike a murderer playing the organ or a rapist directing the chior.

Would you love your son if he was gay?
lol

United States

#23 Apr 3, 2013
My question was would you love him?
lol

United States

#24 Apr 3, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it depends on how you qualify the pride. You can be proud that he had the courage to stand up to say who he truly is. You can be proud of the type of citizen he is, etc. Having a gay or lesbian child is not something that most parents plan for but knowing people who have been in that situation, I can certainly say that they are proud of their children.
I mean if someone asked me was I proud of my gay son?

I don't think I would say yes. That's what I mean.

Level 7

Location hidden

#25 Apr 3, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>I mean if someone asked me was I proud of my gay son?

I don't think I would say yes. That's what I mean.
Oh, I understand that. I was just expounding on the concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men are better lovers? 4 min reply 620
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,278,838
All women prefer white men (Jan '15) 7 min soul 5,485
Egyptians in Egypt 10 min zyra prettywise 549
BLACK PEOPLE are taking over Europe (Nov '11) 16 min Tonight 2,014
Pulled Over For Looking At Cops? 26 min Coretta 26
Polish priest rap better than Black rap 31 min ThatBlackGuy 11
Why whites never talk about their origin? They... 41 min Sangelia 109
Why do people hate jews??????? (Jan '12) 57 min African AE 98
Harris County Deputy Murdered 4 hr Jimmy conway 181