Why are yemen people black?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
NENE

San Jose, CA

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Why are yemen people black?

Level 5

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 20, 2013
no they're not black_ though they are dark skinned due to the dry climate and the hard labour situation in yemen.
the yemeni nationals are divided in four groups: humeinites, islanders, tihamis and bedouins. the humeinites are light .

historically and culturally, the people of Yemen have closer ties to Africa (Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia) than they do to the rest of Arabia and the Middle East.


But not all Yemenis are black (and by that, I assume you just mean dark-skinned).

I have a friend from Yemen and he has olive complexion, no darker than, say, a Lebanese or Egyptian.

i visited yemen several times

Judged:

13

12

3

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NENE

San Jose, CA

#4 Jan 20, 2013
sudance girl wrote:
no they're not black_ though they are dark skinned due to the dry climate and the hard labour situation in yemen.
the yemeni nationals are divided in four groups: humeinites, islanders, tihamis and bedouins. the humeinites are light .
historically and culturally, the people of Yemen have closer ties to Africa (Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia) than they do to the rest of Arabia and the Middle East.
But not all Yemenis are black (and by that, I assume you just mean dark-skinned).
I have a friend from Yemen and he has olive complexion, no darker than, say, a Lebanese or Egyptian.
i visited yemen several times
ok
Anonymous

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2013
Egyptians Ethiopians Somalis Sudanis Kenyans all north East Africans just a different type 1 are all black negros appears Arabic looking

Nigerians Ghanaians Angolans Cameroonians all west Africans just a different type 2 are all black negros appear African American and Asian looking

Khoisan Zulu etc all South Africans just a different type 3 are all black negros appear oriental looking

In Europe you have different types as well

England Wales Scotland Ireland all white Caucasian from Western Europe

Russian Polish Ukraine Finland all white Caucasian from Northern Europe

German Croatian Holland Austria all white Caucasian from Eastern Europe

White people argue about Egyptians and Ethiopians not being black well blacks can argue that Italians Sicilians Portuguese Greeks Tajikstani Spaniards aren't white

Palestinian Israeli Syrians Moroccan Tunisian Algerians Lebanese are not white

East Indians Afghan Pakistani and all Polynesians are not white ... You guys in the 1800s never included these group apart of you why all of a sudden now to make you culture more diverse or more beautiful?

Arabs and Asians mixed with Africa as well as Europe
Hung like a horse Humphry

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Jul 11, 2013
Ouzonero wrote:
Egyptians Ethiopians Somalis Sudanis Kenyans all north East Africans just a different type 1 are all black negros appears Arabic looking
Nigerians Ghanaians Angolans Cameroonians all west Africans just a different type 2 are all black negros appear African American and Asian looking
Khoisan Zulu etc all South Africans just a different type 3 are all black negros appear oriental looking
In Europe you have different types as well
England Wales Scotland Ireland all white Caucasian from Western Europe
Russian Polish Ukraine Finland all white Caucasian from Northern Europe
German Croatian Holland Austria all white Caucasian from Eastern Europe
White people argue about Egyptians and Ethiopians not being black well blacks can argue that Italians Sicilians Portuguese Greeks Tajikstani Spaniards aren't white
Palestinian Israeli Syrians Moroccan Tunisian Algerians Lebanese are not white
East Indians Afghan Pakistani and all Polynesians are not white ... You guys in the 1800s never included these group apart of you why all of a sudden now to make you culture more diverse or more beautiful?
Arabs and Asians mixed with Africa as well as Europe
Yu are confused.

Judged:

10

10

1

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#7 Jul 11, 2013
Overwhelming majority of Yemenis are obviously white, or shall we say corrrectly, Arabs. ;-) On average, olive skin color, just like many Med & ME peeps. The minority is made of mixed race w/ E. & SE.Africans, & some remnant aboriginal Dravidian types. All there's to Yemenis as an Arab nation. ;-D
Random

London, UK

#8 Nov 20, 2013
Yes, there are black Yemeni's but not all are black. A typical look for Yemeni's is tanned brown skin, big dark brown eyes and dark curly hair. There Arabs and look just like other Arabs from their region such as Saudi's, Qatari's, Emirati's etc. Don't get black confused for dark skinned. Having a dark brown complexion and being black are two different things. Don't forget that Yemen is covered by desert with a hot climate, therefore the people are brown or more tanned. The same is said for other Arabs such as those mentioned above (e.g. Saudi's, Qatar's, Emirati's etc). Whereas when compared to other Arabs such as Lebanese, Syrians, Palestinians and Jordanians these people are lighter and many/most (especially Lebanese and Syrians)look white with European features. It's because they have less of a desert and are Mediterranean countries with a cooler climate, therefore this may be a reason they are lighter. Also, it's important to note that Yemen is right next to East Africa to countries such as Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea. Due to the proximity of Yemen's location to these countries, intermarriages in the past can occur.
Hacen Yar

United States

#9 Mar 21, 2014
There are black people in America, but they are not considered African. Yemenis are not black, but they are from African decent. Black people in America and Yemenis have similar colors. Blacks range from many different colors ranging from Jet black to Light brown to Bright light. Black people do not come in "one" color. The same goes for Yemeni..but they are all connected to Africa :D

Besides, President Obama is black, but if he wore traditional Arab clothes..you wouldn't be able to tell the diffrence and he could pass for an Arab ;)
Ahlam

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 3, 2014
In no way are Yemenis black or even dark skinned. I'm Yemeni and I'm somewhat pale and pass as a Palestinian. I dont even know any Yemenis who are so tan to the point of being confused as African American. I do however know many Yemenis who are pale to olive skin color. They are known for their oliveish skin color but our skin changes fast depending on the weather. If we stay in the sun we keep the olive skin color but if indoors, we will become pretty pale. We also have big brown eyes and green/hazel is common as well. Take it from a Yemeni, we really are not dark skinned.
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

#11 Jun 4, 2014
Hacen Yar wrote:
There are black people in America, but they are not considered African. Yemenis are not black, but they are from African decent. Black people in America and Yemenis have similar colors. Blacks range from many different colors ranging from Jet black to Light brown to Bright light. Black people do not come in "one" color. The same goes for Yemeni..but they are all connected to Africa :D
Besides, President Obama is black, but if he wore traditional Arab clothes..you wouldn't be able to tell the diffrence and he could pass for an Arab ;)
Yemenis are mixed with Eurasians from ANATOLIA who came to the Arab Peninsula 8000-4000 years ago!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabs
Awe

Norwich, UK

#12 Jun 17, 2014
Yemeni's ain't black, there Arabs although many may be more dark skinned cos of the sun or through mixing with East Africans and Indians. From what I've heard the more inland you are in Yemen the lighter some of the people are with the African/dark skinned looking Yemeni's to some extent largely being concentrated around Yemen's coastal regions.
Judging from the Yemeni's I've seen they generally have that classical Arab appearance you tend to associate with Arabs (i.e. Tan brown/olive skin, big dark brown eyes and dark curly hair), and look similar to other Arabs from their region like Saudi's and Emirati's.
However, at the same time others display clear East African admixture and could easily get away with passing for Somali or Ethiopian if not at least partially. So really, it all depends.
I've even seen white looking Yemeni's with light hair that look similar to the fairer skinned Arabs like Lebanese, Syrians and Palestinians.
As is common with modern day Arab society, many of the people come in different and mixed appearances.
Anonymous

Vandergrift, PA

#13 Aug 25, 2014
This conversation is irrelevant and sickening all at once. If you are not white you are black COME TO AMERICA AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. Only white ppl are AMERICANS!! Everybody else in this world came from monkeys.
And P.S. I am from America.
Hamad

Greenford, UK

#14 Dec 20, 2014
Dark skinned Yemenis and Saudi Arabian are the original ARABS. The White ones in the Middle east are the fake ones that thinks they are the TRUE ARABIANS! But theyre not. The orginal human race colour is the Yemeni color (BROWN). I think ethiopians and somalians use to be ARABS but then Brainwashed by the invaders i think and become Nomads. ALSO The samalians and ethiopians looks yemenis alot with those cacausaion features so probably they are ARABS but they don't know they are one.
DEAL WITH IT

Mountain View, CA

#15 Sep 8, 2015
LOL, all arabs including them have some level of sub-saharan african genetic admixture. : (
Mamba Boy

Tempe, AZ

#16 Sep 8, 2015
NENE wrote:
Why are yemen people black?
They are not black. Some are mixed race because they had a lot of black slaves and still have black slaves!
Mamba Boy

Tempe, AZ

#17 Sep 8, 2015
DEAL WITH IT wrote:
LOL, all arabs including them have some level of sub-saharan african genetic admixture.:(
KUWAITI DNA:
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/wp...
IRANIANS HAVE NO BLACK AFRICAN DNA:
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/wp...
Most African DNA is found in the SOUTHERN PART OF THE MIDDLE EAST because they had black slaves ans still have black slaves!
Mamba Boy

Tempe, AZ

#18 Sep 8, 2015
Hamad wrote:
Dark skinned Yemenis and Saudi Arabian are the original ARABS. The White ones in the Middle east are the fake ones that thinks they are the TRUE ARABIANS! But theyre not. The orginal human race colour is the Yemeni color (BROWN). I think ethiopians and somalians use to be ARABS but then Brainwashed by the invaders i think and become Nomads. ALSO The samalians and ethiopians looks yemenis alot with those cacausaion features so probably they are ARABS but they don't know they are one.
No, the original MIDDLE EASTERN ARABS are and where WHITE CAUCASIANS:

YEMENI WOMEN looking NOTHING like Ethiopians!
https://www.google.com/search...

Ethiopians are EAST AFRICANS! Yemeni Arabs are MIDDLE EASTERN!
Curly Whirly hair

Canberra, Australia

#20 Dec 11, 2015
would you say that Yemenis have 3a, 3b or 3c type hair curl?
Fun fact Pharoah Ramses had red hair (mummyevidence), whilst Esau and David are mentioned as having red hair. So red hair, atleast has been found amongst North West semites and even Egyptians since long before Rome arrived on the scene.
Moses

Cape Town, South Africa

#21 Dec 11, 2015
Anonymous wrote:
Egyptians Ethiopians Somalis Sudanis Kenyans all north East Africans just a different type 1 are all black negros appears Arabic looking
Nigerians Ghanaians Angolans Cameroonians all west Africans just a different type 2 are all black negros appear African American and Asian looking
Khoisan Zulu etc all South Africans just a different type 3 are all black negros appear oriental looking
In Europe you have different types as well
England Wales Scotland Ireland all white Caucasian from Western Europe
Russian Polish Ukraine Finland all white Caucasian from Northern Europe
German Croatian Holland Austria all white Caucasian from Eastern Europe
White people argue about Egyptians and Ethiopians not being black well blacks can argue that Italians Sicilians Portuguese Greeks Tajikstani Spaniards aren't white
Palestinian Israeli Syrians Moroccan Tunisian Algerians Lebanese are not white
East Indians Afghan Pakistani and all Polynesians are not white ... You guys in the 1800s never included these group apart of you why all of a sudden now to make you culture more diverse or more beautiful?
Arabs and Asians mixed with Africa as well as Europe
EGYPTIANS, EUROPEANS, NORTH AFRICANS and MIDDLE EASTERNERS are WHITE CAUCASIANS IMBECILE!
THEY ORIGINATED FROM THE CAUCASIAN CROMAGNON, the FIRST MODERN MAN EVERYWHERE:

Happy

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Dec 12, 2015
Mamba Boy wrote:
<quoted text>They are not black. Some are mixed race because they had a lot of black slaves and still have black slaves!
Blame the ol, they had slaves game. When will u people get over yourselves and just accept the fact that black and brown is indigenous all over the world and it is the pink monkey who is new to this earth. The world started lightening up after invasions and colonialism. Not to mention black genes can create lighter skin. Embrace it people. Lol. The sun only darkens your skin temporarily. African history didn't start from slavery. Migration people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SCIENTIFIC PROOF that Hebrew Israelite were Cau... (Mar '15) 1 min anonymous 269
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,582,896
Is there any intelligence at all among the blac... 3 min Harrisson 40
Antifa traitors planning Nationwide riots in No... 5 min Allahu Akbar 16
Now it's the Asian man's turn. 8 min Allahu Akbar 6
The Downfall of USA Marks the End of the Dark A... 11 min The Power Of Mast... 2
RMG : Why all Americans should respect and hono... 12 min Hmm the meanie 3
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 51 min Marcus Washington 243
Rape by Cop 2 hr The Power Of Mast... 48
Tomi Lehren dating a Black Man!!!! 2 hr Redefined 136
Power of Master Lee for President. 2 hr The Power Of Mast... 30
More from around the web