Would you date a broke man? >:O

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 42
Next Last
LOOK

Brampton, Canada

#1 Jul 5, 2012
Well i have not made a thread in a long time,and a few weeks ago i was having a conversation with my friend who told me it is not good to date a guy who is broke.I for one agree with them.Anyways i would give you the reason why that my friends gave me.

when looking for a mate a women must look for love, security,and stability.Believe it or not you do need money in order to survive.Dating a broke man will bring you many baggage and will hold you back.Sooner or later you will be the women who is doing all the work, because he would not be a man ,and would want you to support him and take care of him just like his mother.You are the girlfriend not his mother, his job is too "impress" you and to show u he will be a good provider for your future family. while our job as women is to show we are good nurturers.
Money is not everything but it does help aid love.Ladies, he will never buy you anything to show you how special you are to him,because he is broke.

Broke men can't help but mooch off women and Be irresponsible with his money and your money.A real man would focus on fixing himself emotionally and financially before even thinking of dating,or looking for a wife to be.Also since they are having serious financial issues they wouldn't be as confident and would probably be insecure and more possessive towards you.

At the end of the day u will not benefit anything from him but a good lesson of why you should not date a broke guy.

I am open for opinions ,but i made my argument and i agree with it.

Be happy to tell me what benefits a lady gets from dating a broke guy.

and by dating i mean from the STARTing when u just met and the guy is struggling and broke, would you date him?
Latisha Greene

Houston, TX

#3 Jul 5, 2012
do he got a big K0ck?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 5, 2012
LOOK wrote:
Well i have not made a thread in a long time,and a few weeks ago i was having a conversation with my friend who told me it is not good to date a guy who is broke.I for one agree with them.Anyways i would give you the reason why that my friends gave me.
when looking for a mate a women must look for love, security,and stability.Believe it or not you do need money in order to survive.Dating a broke man will bring you many baggage and will hold you back.Sooner or later you will be the women who is doing all the work, because he would not be a man ,and would want you to support him and take care of him just like his mother.You are the girlfriend not his mother, his job is too "impress" you and to show u he will be a good provider for your future family. while our job as women is to show we are good nurturers.
Money is not everything but it does help aid love.Ladies, he will never buy you anything to show you how special you are to him,because he is broke.
Broke men can't help but mooch off women and Be irresponsible with his money and your money.A real man would focus on fixing himself emotionally and financially before even thinking of dating,or looking for a wife to be.Also since they are having serious financial issues they wouldn't be as confident and would probably be insecure and more possessive towards you.
At the end of the day u will not benefit anything from him but a good lesson of why you should not date a broke guy.
I am open for opinions ,but i made my argument and i agree with it.
Be happy to tell me what benefits a lady gets from dating a broke guy.
and by dating i mean from the STARTing when u just met and the guy is struggling and broke, would you date him?
It deends on why he's broke and what broke means.
Maybe he is an artist or writing abook, so will be broke until he is finished.
Or maybe he is at university and is broke while studying for a wealthier future....it all depends on the man and the situation.

J-Town Ninjas OHH yEe AH

“Fair and Balanced”

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 5, 2012
alot of women wont, but they will open their legs for him if hes attractive

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#6 Jul 5, 2012
broke does not mean forever; does he have ambition as in he is passionately working at this art, etc..?

yea, i would date a man broke at the time as long as he had ambition and passion to raise his monetary status.
see-n-say

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 5, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe he is at university and is broke while studying for a wealthier future....it all depends on the man and the situation.
I agree and I have rated your post accordingly, Shalimarr.

I understand that the affliction of being "broke" does carry stereotypical reasons behind it. The inability to plan long term, "tricking off" one's money, etc. However, LOVE, by making wealth your baseline criteria, you are clearly neglecting the importance of character.

To echo Shalimarr, your definition of "broke" could use some clarifying. Is the diligent working stiff a "broke" man?

If an athelete or celebrity holds more immediate appeal than an engaging "average joe" then I'm afraid I must say your priorities are a bit dubious as well. I'm sure such a man would be able to buy you things to show his love for you. But who is to say it wouldn't be coupled with severe beatings and/or neglect?
see-n-say

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 5, 2012
*LOOK
LOOK

Brampton, Canada

#9 Jul 5, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
but he should go fix those problems before even thinking of dating, and i don't mean going broke in the middle of the relationship, i mean from the start.

are you willing to finacially support someone, who is having money problems? i have seem many women who end up becoming a guys sugar mommy instead,then once dump they cry that they were used for sex and money.

which is very wrong.

and remember ACTION speaks louder than words, he can't tell u he lovess u all the time,sometimes he has to show it/
Darealist

United States

#11 Jul 5, 2012
Hey listen Im broke because my parents took me out of school for NO reason. So if you cant cook have sex good or clean well that means a man should desert you? This society cant afford for EVERY black man to be rich its simple logic. I cant get scholarship BIG enough because I didnt go to high school. Youre caught up every man cant be wealthy for every rich man there are 20 poor men.

“Education is a key to success.”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Proud graduate! Woohoo!

#12 Jul 5, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
very true. especially the university part. the man is working towards his future. I'd have to give him credit

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#13 Jul 5, 2012
I would at least like him to have a job whether full or part time because I have a job..He doesn't have to be well off or rich, just as long as he has something..Or at least looking for a job, hell, I'll even help him look for one if I'm really interested and I feel like he has the potential to make me a happy woman...and of course goals, he has to want something in life.. If you're talking about broke as in no job no nothing then I would have to really think about that, especially since I'm attracted to older men it would be a shame if a guy well off into his 20s-30s was broke, jobless, and living at home...

“Feeding my soul and mind”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#14 Jul 5, 2012
While I agree that a guy shouldn't remain broke, there are other circumstances that one has to consider. Maybe he is a student in University studying to become a physician? I think a lot of women pass over a lot of guys who have potential. But of course, as soon as the guy makes it and starts some sort of stable career, they just come out of the woodwork. When I was dating I purposely drove my old 98 civic to pick them up. Let's just say, I knew who was after what.
LOOK

Brampton, Canada

#15 Jul 5, 2012
Rooble wrote:
While I agree that a guy shouldn't remain broke, there are other circumstances that one has to consider. Maybe he is a student in University studying to become a physician? I think a lot of women pass over a lot of guys who have potential. But of course, as soon as the guy makes it and starts some sort of stable career, they just come out of the woodwork. When I was dating I purposely drove my old 98 civic to pick them up. Let's just say, I knew who was after what.
but why date when your broke.

at the end of the day you are going to have to spend something.
Will you only tell your gf that you love her with words and not spend anything on her.

i am talking about being stable not rich.Why date when u need finacial help, you will end up financially abusing here.

and driving that car shows ur not willing to impress her.
LOOK

Brampton, Canada

#16 Jul 5, 2012
__jaz__ wrote:
I would at least like him to have a job whether full or part time because I have a job..He doesn't have to be well off or rich, just as long as he has something..Or at least looking for a job, hell, I'll even help him look for one if I'm really interested and I feel like he has the potential to make me a happy woman...and of course goals, he has to want something in life.. If you're talking about broke as in no job no nothing then I would have to really think about that, especially since I'm attracted to older men it would be a shame if a guy well off into his 20s-30s was broke, jobless, and living at home...
best answer so far.

broke men ,especially when dating can't help but abuse the person they are dating finacially. sooner or later the guy starts to become dependent on the women ,because she allowed this habit to go on.
LOOK

Brampton, Canada

#17 Jul 5, 2012
Obvious Trollette wrote:
<quoted text>
very true. especially the university part. the man is working towards his future. I'd have to give him credit
then leave him for his studies.
LOOK

Brampton, Canada

#18 Jul 5, 2012
Darealist wrote:
Hey listen Im broke because my parents took me out of school for NO reason. So if you cant cook have sex good or clean well that means a man should desert you? This society cant afford for EVERY black man to be rich its simple logic. I cant get scholarship BIG enough because I didnt go to high school. Youre caught up every man cant be wealthy for every rich man there are 20 poor men.
not rich stable.

plus your a good example of a broke man.
Satan

France

#20 Jul 5, 2012
MOSES-11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty isn't biased or gender specific and what's good for the goose works for the gander.
You're pathetic
Too often a woman only sees $$ but never sees a Man's worth or his potential.
Poverty can hit the richest of people.

Level 6

Since: Jun 08

DC

#21 Jul 5, 2012
Loyalty is everything to a man. If you want a man who is near the finish line, go ahead. But, how many women will you have to battle with at the finish line opposed to the amount of women are around him when he broke down 30 miles earlier.

Honestly, about 4 years ago when I moved back to Houston, I was struggling for 9 months until I recurved my real estate job. I met a girl around the time I arrived to houston. She liked me but blew me off a bit because of my questionable status. I wasn't angry or bitter, I just took it in. we didn't talk for almost a year. I then rented out a two story condo ( www.myspace.com/swade ) and I posted a few pictures ok there. Guess who I heard from the same day? Guess who came over the very next day? Guess who threw the booty at me?

Women who are down for me in the bad yet see my potential get heavily rewarded. I just have my grams $3k for being there for me now that I'm doing substantially well. Especially with me going back to school to get my masters. The beauty I'm with no is a ride or die. If I didn't have my wallet on me, she would pay. If I'm being cheap for a reason, she would pay. If I'm saving for a reasn, she would pay. So guess what, now that I'm doing well, I have no problem dropping $400 on her on date or a $1000 for her birthday.

Loyalty is everything to me. I don't like those mike jones type of females. "Back then didn't want me, now I'm hot, all on me"

Level 6

DC

#22 Jul 5, 2012

Level 6

DC

#23 Jul 5, 2012
If all men waited until they were financially secure to support a family, then there would be less black relationships. Would women mind waiting for five, six, maybe ten years before he is able to comfortably provide for a family. I thought there was already a good man shortage. Do women know how cocky men who are single and have equity are proned to be. I had to catch myself sometimes. I saw myself walking around like I'm above the women I talked to. Because bw complain about there being a lack of brothas like myself, it's kind of hard to not let it go to your head how rare and selective you can be. That's why I had to reenergize my love with current girl since she was down for me, regardless. I don't know if these new girls are down for me. It's funny but when you get a little money, you get suspicious of everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 42
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 4 min Moses 44,700
News Miss. RV Parks Boots Interracial Married Couple... 9 min Earn The Right To... 19
News CDC: Southerners' 'Racism' And 'Homophobia' Cau... 13 min Pat Robertson s F... 25
People Who Call Themselves Jews ARE WHITE EUROP... (Feb '10) 43 min Mostew 10,314
80% of whtie women cheat on their white husband... (Jul '14) 48 min Jman 299
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr Moses 134,110
Black Men! Bengali men Beat you in looks and ev... (Oct '13) 1 hr NOOMORI BOOGRAM 25
White men are better lovers? (May '15) 3 hr SadButTrue 718
Why are Black men Collectively Failures in Life? 3 hr SadButTrue 15
More from around the web