black women and why I feel sorry for black men

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
someguy

New York, NY

#1 May 8, 2010
I recently had a run-in with a black woman in the weight room at my gym. She was using a piece of equipment and I asked to work to work in with her. Wow. The attitude I got was unbelievable. Iíve been going to this gym for years, and have worked in with white women, Asian women and guys of all races, and no one has ever had an attitude like this black woman.

And I see the same type of attitude with black women on the subway, in the street, etc. Why on earth would a black man, or any man for that matter, put up with that shit?

Obviously not all black women are this way, but weíve all seen many that fit the stereotype. I would guess that these are the ones that are complaining about not being able to find a bm. In contrast, I would think that bw who behave like *ladies* have to fend off all the bm that are chasing after them.

All races have women who have lost touch with their femininity, but it seems most prevalent amongst black women. Though the feminist movement seems to be ensuring that ww are quickly following bw in this regard. No wonder American white women complain that white men go overseas to marry Asian, South American or Eastern European women.
someguy

New York, NY

#2 May 8, 2010
I should add that the few Caribbean and African women Iíve met donít fit the stereotype of the American black woman.

“Love”

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Beach Bunny <3

#3 May 8, 2010
[QUOTE who=
All races have women who have lost touch with their femininity, but it seems most prevalent amongst black women. Though the feminist movement seems to be ensuring that ww are quickly following bw in this regard. No wonder American white women complain that white men go overseas to marry Asian, South American or Eastern European women.[/QUOTE]

Why does this shock people though? I'm a Black girl and I'm definitely a girl, but American men are the last on my list. I figure most women like me would agree. I was raised in an old fashioned family with Old fashioned views. I'm sexist and I know it, so as a GIRL who feels this way, I put more pressure on men than women. So why do so many Black American women act like men? Its because Black men aren't doing there part. When 70% of Black children are born OOW, then you have all of these women who take on the role of being both men and women. This leaves their son's not knowing how to be a man as well, and their daughters are raised acting the same way. She takes on the persona that her mother had, even though she wasn't forced into it. She'll likely fall into the same thing and have single children because so many Black men out there are just like her, and didn't have a father, so they don't know what to do, but they know she can do it. I think Black men don't feel enough responsibility to the BC, which causes so many problems...

The Black community should never be judged and weighed on the white "community" - EVER. Thats where problems come in because people try to compare the two. I dislike feminists. I think feminism was something white women did because they wanted to be like White men and have the power they saw in them. Plus, they were pissed at White guys so they wanted to get back at them for some strange thing... idk.. having to cook or something stupid. HOWEVER, as a girl who thinks this way, I've always felt American men are the worst around. American men complain about American women, which makes them look WEAK. American men don't know what it means to be a man anymore, so they go off of stereotypes. White men love Asian women because they think they'll be submissive. Black men say the same about White women. Thats NOT a man, thats a guy who feels so low and confused that the only thing he can see about his "manhood" is DOMINANCE. Thats not a man at all. Men have CONFIDENCE. Men can deal with things and get out of situations on their own. Men are strong and they support their women so the women are confident and feel better so the two of them can work well as a TEAM. One is not more important than the other. Men are needed and loved, and women are needed and loved. Too many American guys fail to see that.

So why are some Black American women so "manly"? Because Black men have failed & they've had to fill their position.

Why are White American women becomming like this? Because they feel that white American men are failing & even though feminism wasa move by other white women, I think modern white girls feel the same - that White American men are failing)

Badly.

& I'm a Black American girl, but I come from a family with a Father, Uncles, Granfather's, Cousins... there are a lot of men around and lots of women. I see the gender roles between the twp and I think they're good. It brings balance. The women in my family were never raised around ppl with attitudes, so we don't have it, but we aren't pushovers. We aren't some false idea of what women should be, we are women. With brains and hearts and strength, but thats hard to match with a man in America, because to me, men are supposed to me MORE than me in some ways. Thats very hard to find! Sorry, but this is the truth. Women like me might be rare (I've been hated by enough feminists to find this out) but men who match are equally as rare in this country too.

“Love”

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Beach Bunny <3

#4 May 8, 2010
someguy wrote:
I recently had a run-in with a black woman in the weight room at my gym. She was using a piece of equipment and I asked to work to work in with her. Wow. The attitude I got was unbelievable. Iíve been going to this gym for years, and have worked in with white women, Asian women and guys of all races, and no one has ever had an attitude like this black woman.
And I see the same type of attitude with black women on the subway, in the street, etc. Why on earth would a black man, or any man for that matter, put up with that shit?
Obviously not all black women are this way, but weíve all seen many that fit the stereotype. I would guess that these are the ones that are complaining about not being able to find a bm. In contrast, I would think that bw who behave like *ladies* have to fend off all the bm that are chasing after them.
All races have women who have lost touch with their femininity, but it seems most prevalent amongst black women. Though the feminist movement seems to be ensuring that ww are quickly following bw in this regard. No wonder American white women complain that white men go overseas to marry Asian, South American or Eastern European women.
& I'm not denying that some BW in America have attitudes, because I think enough people know that too many of us do, but I think its time people think about why. I might be wrong with my above statement, but I'm open to other's opinions on what's right. Calling someone names only makes them more defensive though. People should stop doing that.

& and sorry for it being SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long, I've wanted to say that for a while....

“Das raht!”

Level 3

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 May 8, 2010
It's not a black thing, it's an American thing. It's easy for me to see it because I was raised in the islands. It's tied to one's level of class.
Whites Lie

AOL

#6 May 8, 2010
everyone loves chocolate wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I am wrong with my above statement, and I need to hear other's opinions on what's right. sorry for it being SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long, I am just stupid and I tend to ramble incoherently....
I agree with your statement.

“Love”

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Beach Bunny <3

#7 May 8, 2010
Whites Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your statement.
Thanks for changing my statement around. I suggest you get some balls and learn to admit your faults. I'm not perfect, and at least I said I might be wrong, but you didn't even try to explain how. You just disliked it. Probably because its true. lol.

durr
Whites Lie

AOL

#8 May 8, 2010
everyone loves chocolate wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for changing my statement around. I suggest you get some balls and learn to admit your faults. I'm not perfect, and at least I said I might be wrong, but you didn't even try to explain how. You just disliked it. Probably because its true. lol.
durr
I got huge f*king balls, maybe I will smack you on the chin with them sometime. But the fault of black men is letting black women disrespect them repeatedly without getting the belt out.

“Aye!!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Dayton, Ohio

#10 May 8, 2010
someguy wrote:
All races have women who have lost touch with their femininity, but it seems most prevalent amongst black women.
Maybe if you were in a Black woman's shoes, you would be able to understand what Black women have to go through.

No one else knows a Black woman better than an actual Black woman herself.

Since: Oct 08

South Bay, Fl.

#11 May 8, 2010
RBALLA wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you were in a Black woman's shoes, you would be able to understand what Black women have to go through.
No one else knows a Black woman better than an actual Black woman herself.
Dude, you can't be speaking for black women.
dont stop derr

Salinas, CA

#12 May 8, 2010
RBALLA wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you were in a Black woman's shoes...
Just the shoes?

What about the throwback tank top, the dew ragg, the fitted cap, the mens boxer shorts and the gold chain?

lol
lmao

Salinas, CA

#13 May 8, 2010
Cropduster wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you can't be speaking for black women.
....Yes sHe is....

Level 1

Since: Aug 09

United States

#14 May 8, 2010
How is giving you attitude at the gym not being feminine, it is rejection nothing more. As far as she was concerned you could have been just another "playa", if you work out with other women maybe she saw this and thought "he is going through women like crazy, he is just looking to use and abuse" I agree with previous statements you don't know what was going through her mind and if you pulled that hey sis bs (what you would never say to a non-black woman) it only fuels the fire.
someguy

New York, NY

#15 May 8, 2010
RBALLA wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you were in a Black woman's shoes, you would be able to understand what Black women have to go through.
^^^= EXCUSE

A black man could make a similar excuse. And where does that leave everybody?

Do you notice a difference between bw that are able to land a bm for commitment and bw that cannot? Or do you think it's mostly random?

“Love”

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Beach Bunny <3

#16 May 8, 2010
someguy wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^= EXCUSE
A black man could make a similar excuse. And where does that leave everybody?
Do you notice a difference between bw that are able to land a bm for commitment and bw that cannot? Or do you think it's mostly random?
I think you're a Black guy... something doesn't seem right to me....:/
KJHG

Norman, OK

#17 May 8, 2010
it just seems like black women are like this. To be honest. I doubt it. I've dealt with women with attitudes of all nationalities, and ethnicities. How old is she? Maturity level?

It's not about the fact that they're a woman trying to seem less feminine. ITs more about the fact that they're a person who hasn't grown the fuck up, and learned how to properly interact, and socialize with other people. Also you have to consider the fact that she may have a personality disorder, and this is something that's been happening a lot in western countries. And it isn't just something of women. There are men like this too. I think people are splitting off into being socially adept, and socially inept, and what we traditionally perceive as someone adept is very very much inept but this is my opinion.

Anyway yea black women might be a bit high strung. So are black males, hispanic males, hispanic women. Why? survival.. Integrity. mostly I say though maybe they're less likely to put up with BS... But lets stray away from that stereotype because I've seen confrontational whites too. MAybe its a White AMerican thing to be too sensitive? Because Europeans in Europe will show you a piece of their mind if you aren't treating them as a person.

As for your case. You might be dealing with a woman who has a personality disorder. If you ever get a chance to speak with her. There are some tell tell signs of it.
Queen

AOL

#18 May 8, 2010
Why do people feel the need to post every bad encounter they have with black women...how is it that we never tell stories of our bad encounter with ww,wm.hispanics, BM,etc.......what's the motive in the end...will all the negativity provoke BW to change?

“Aye!!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Dayton, Ohio

#19 May 8, 2010
Cropduster wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you can't be speaking for black women.
Take that ooooogly picture down, foo.

“Aye!!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Dayton, Ohio

#20 May 8, 2010
dont stop derr wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the shoes?
What about the throwback tank top, the dew ragg, the fitted cap, the mens boxer shorts and the gold chain?
lol
Don't hate because I can rock it better than you. Lol.

“Aye!!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Dayton, Ohio

#21 May 8, 2010
someguy wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^= EXCUSE
A black man could make a similar excuse. And where does that leave everybody?
Do you notice a difference between bw that are able to land a bm for commitment and bw that cannot? Or do you think it's mostly random?
Your question is irrelevant.

No, it's not an excuse. What I said, is the truth.

For all you know, the sista could have just been having a bady day.

Everyone has bad days. So, stop acting like Black women are animals. Black women are humans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas White People 3 min Noir 77
The "Exodus" movie is a LIE 3 min dreamhunk 638
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 min Carly HI YAH 98,209
Why are Black Christians Savage? 3 min Redefined 44
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 3 min Insect Trust 2,973
Be_Real_Fool are you a Republican 3 min Fool_Be_Real 3
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 4 min Wadi 32,975
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 8 min Raoul 28,740
2 NYPD MURDERED on behalf of Eric GARNER 19 min try this 461
More from around the web