Police Turned Away Bi-Racial Student From White Prom

Posted in the African-American Forum

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Race Matters: Georgia Teens Organize First Integrated Prom After Police Turned Away Bi-Racial Student From White Prom

“It’s embarrassing to know that I’m from the county that still does this,” Keela Bloodworth said.

When Wilcox County schools integrated 30 years ago, the annual school sponsored prom ended. Parents began raising money to host separate segregated proms and it’s a tradition that continues on to this day.

“I think there’ve even been comments made you know, if you’re an African-American and you show up to the white prom, you’ll probably get asked to leave,” said Ethan Roundtree, another student helping with the efforts.

Roundtree is one of several high school seniors, working to break the racial boundaries. The students are raising money for Wilcox County High’s first integrated prom.

“In some way, it will shape the history of Wilcox County and what will happen left,” Roundtree said.

The group has spent spring break hosting several fundraisers. So far, they’ve raised more than $1,000, without the help of school officials. The newest project has gotten mixed reviews.

“When we put our flyers up, they got torn down,” Mariesha Rucker said.

Wilcox County School Superintendent Steve Smith said he is well aware of the private proms, but parents are in their rights. He did not say is the schools plan to sponsor a prom in the near future.

Read more at http://bossip.com/753524/race-matters-georgia...

Read more at http://bossip.com/753524/race-matters-georgia...
Read more at http://bossip.com/753524/race-matters-georgia...
Bayou City

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Looks like the one-drop rule is making a comeback of sorts. A return to segregation is next. Maybe not tomorrow or next month, but soon.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Bayou City wrote:
Looks like the one-drop rule is making a comeback of sorts. A return to segregation is next. Maybe not tomorrow or next month, but soon.
I believe so as well.
Neegurs are all the same

San Antonio, TX

#4 Apr 4, 2013
I fully support segregation. And beginning with the schools would be a very effective starting point.
Truthism

United States

#5 Apr 4, 2013
So long as it's done privately, then I've no problem with it. It's their right to do so. But by law? No. That'd be fascism.

If they want true segregation by law so badly, they should move to lands where they're indigenous to and stay there.

Since they're now living on land which foreigners invaded and stole, and now multiple different peoples live here from around the world, then forcing to separate by law would be tyrannical.

I say segregate privately, or leave the country.

I don't think anyone should be forced by law to integrate by genetic background, just like I don't think they should be forced by law to separate by genetic background.

Freedom is a beautiful thing...
karen kisses

La Place, LA

#6 Apr 5, 2013
teaches all those mixed races; what so many experience blacks been telling them

YALL IS BLACK TOO (SMILING in my ebonic voice )

including you tigerwoods
youll see get stopped over for a traffic ticket some towns youll hope you can pass for white( if not youll find out what color you are.
Phoenix

Humble, TX

#7 Apr 5, 2013
Truthism wrote:
So long as it's done privately, then I've no problem with it. It's their right to do so. But by law? No. That'd be fascism.

If they want true segregation by law so badly, they should move to lands where they're indigenous to and stay there.

Since they're now living on land which foreigners invaded and stole, and now multiple different peoples live here from around the world, then forcing to separate by law would be tyrannical.

I say segregate privately, or leave the country.

I don't think anyone should be forced by law to integrate by genetic background, just like I don't think they should be forced by law to separate by genetic background.

Freedom is a beautiful thing...
Segregation can easily come back if the elite in power desire for it to do so in the USA.

It's a sad reality indeed.

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 5, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Segregation can easily come back if the elite in power desire for it to do so in the USA.
It's a sad reality indeed.
Only sad for irr people.
I'd welcome it.
I went to an all black spoken word event recently. It was beautiful. No ignorance. Full of intelligent, educated African Americans. I believe reinstated segregation can help get the black youth on track.
Theres a private elementary school in my area...I'd say about 98% black kids, all black staff. The school is run kind of like old military or black panther training, without the war or civil rights intent. Little Stokley Carmichaels and Angela Davis's standing about face in a perfect line & all taught well. lol! Proud. Beautiful.
Phoenix

Humble, TX

#10 Apr 5, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>Only sad for irr people.
I'd welcome it.
I went to an all black spoken word event recently. It was beautiful. No ignorance. Full of intelligent, educated African Americans. I believe reinstated segregation can help get the black youth on track.
Theres a private elementary school in my area...I'd say about 98% black kids, all black staff. The school is run kind of like old military or black panther training, without the war or civil rights intent. Little Stokley Carmichaels and Angela Davis's standing about face in a perfect line & all taught well. lol! Proud. Beautiful.
Well your wish may come true soon considering segregation is already being considered within the next few years.

It's well documented.

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11 Apr 5, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your wish may come true soon considering segregation is already being considered within the next few years.
It's well documented.
I'd welcome it.
I wonder if when segregation is reinstated will the black community be able to deal with our criminals in our own way?
I have a few ideas for those degenerates...
When you say "well documented", where?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Be Real Fool Bipolar Disorder is Hereditary 4 min jenny 21
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,153,194
Black women are better than white women in bed ... (Oct '08) 6 min billy 534
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min Carly HI YAH 97,625
This Is For You Yasmin.... 7 min jenny 31
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 8 min sammy2 28,377
Asian Women is the New White Beauty in America? 8 min Blue Darkness 244
The "Exodus" movie is a LIE 10 min dreamhunk 438
progressive white people: where are you? (Jul '08) 16 min Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 2,540
Porn star Alexis Texas refuses to do scenes wit... 36 min septembereleven 277
More from around the web