Prometheous Movie Opinion
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Oct 8, 2012
The interior of the ship looked like a cross between a ghetto high school locker room and a chicken roosting poultry-processing warehouse.

They keep showing you how the ship looks from the outside so that you won't notice.

At first it impresses. But after they show it for the fifteenth time you notice that it's just some cardboard thing with a bunch small cheap light bulbs attached.

The place they were supposed to have been in suspended animation for fifteen months were cheap plastic bags.

The male android looks effeminate and acts retarded in his attempt to imitate Dataofthe Star trek series.

They try to imitate the drama of the Alien film when entering a derelict ship but there isn't any real tension since the place looks like a diapidated, abandoned, warehouse which it probably is.

The first twenty minutes of mindless and seemingly endless dialogue seemed cunningly designed to extend the intro so that the movie could reach the 90 minute mark as advertised.

The camera shifted everywhere even while the actors are just talking to add mystique. But it only manages to annoy. They spoke their lines without any believable emotion.

It's the kind of movie that tests your ability to keep watching and keeps your mind focused n the $4.99yu just wasted in ordering it.

What a waste!
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Oct 8, 2012
It's the kind of movie that tests your ability to keep watching and keeps your mind focused on the $4.99 you just wasted in ordering it.

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2012
You should watch it again or look up some Youtube commentary to explain it too you.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 8, 2012
lmfao!!!Dang,you just shatted on the movie.It was hard to understand at first but it was OK overall.
Temporal Ramifications

Harrisburg, PA

#5 Oct 8, 2012
MumRa wrote:
You should watch it again or look up some Youtube commentary to explain it too you.
Why do you assume I haven't and why do you assume I am incapable of understanding such a simple film?

Actually, I read the reviews and the explanations before I bought it and came away with the impression that it wasn't worth seeing since most of the reviews were bad.

I can post them if you want.

I just wanted to see if the bad reviews had been justified. IMHO they were. Yes, I had read some positive reviews. But they were generally dealing with explaining away the film's flaws.

But if you enjoyed it cool. Everyone reacts differently to works of art designed to entertain. I won't assume that you are in any way intellectually deficient simply because we disagree since I don't know you personally. However, there are certain principles that apply to all written film genres of art and I am thoroughly familiar with them being a writer of fiction and fantasy myself. It's with that fund of knowledge that I evaluate a film and not simply from gut feeling as you are assuming that I do based on the Latino name I chose to use.
El Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Oct 8, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
lmfao!!!Dang,you just shatted on the movie.It was hard to understand at first but it was OK overall.
I should have explained that my comment is about the first twenty minutes which sucked. The rest I haven't finished seeing yet. I fell asleep from boredom. But I will try to watch the rest today if I can tolerate the rest of it.

But as I said, each person filters things differently and what is entertaining to one might be boring for another. If you enjoyed it-that's fine by me sweetheart. Who knows, maybe I will have a different view about the rest of it. But I seriously doubt it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Temporal Ramifications wrote:
<quoted text>
not simply from gut feeling as you are assuming that I do based on the Latino name I chose to use.
I wasn't assuming anything because of your Latino name. Everybody had issues with the movie. You issues made it seem as if you had preconceived notions about the movie and didn't give it a chance.

Complaining about the opening monologue. If you didn't pay attention to that part. Which basically laid down the ground work for the movie. Then you never really gave it a chance.

Level 8

Location hidden

#8 Oct 8, 2012
*Your
El Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#9 Oct 8, 2012
Excerpt:

Movie Review: In Space No One Can Hear PROMETHEUS Disappoint

Prometheus slowly begins unraveling, and the terrible dialogue and uninspired acting that was merely a nuisance during the more interesting first act becomes an unbearable problem. Finally by the end the movie has turned into a truly moronic monster mash that resembles the final chase of any given Friday the 13th film more than anything else in Scott’s ouevre.

The bad script is doubly disappointing because it seems convinced that having characters again and again say ‘Don’t you care about the Big Questions?’ somehow counts as addressing the Big Questions. The opening scene of the movie - before the title even comes up - shows us that the Engineers (roided out aliens who wear Space Jockey suits) did indeed seed Earth with their own DNA, so the question is not whether life on Earth came from elsewhere, but what the meaning of that is, and who our creators are. These questions are never addressed at all - they seem to be left for the sequel that is being ham-handedly set up in the final moments - but the film also never addresses what it means for us as humans to discover our origins. There are a couple of scenes where Noomi Rapace, playing an English scientist with a Nordic accent, fumbles with a cross she wears, but that’s not an exploration of anything except jewelry

http://badassdigest.com/2012/06/03/movie-revi...
Temporal Ramifications

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Oct 8, 2012
MumRa wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't assuming anything because of your Latino name. Everybody had issues with the movie. You issues made it seem as if you had preconceived notions about the movie and didn't give it a chance.
Complaining about the opening monologue. If you didn't pay attention to that part. Which basically laid down the ground work for the movie. Then you never really gave it a chance.
No intention to annoy those who liked the film was intended. Just an opinion-nothing more. As a sci fi fan, and writer of sci fi novels and short stories, I just couldn't get past that first part. If others had no trouble, that's OK by me.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Location hidden

#11 Oct 8, 2012
El Animal Galindez wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have explained that my comment is about the first twenty minutes which sucked. The rest I haven't finished seeing yet. I fell asleep from boredom. But I will try to watch the rest today if I can tolerate the rest of it.
But as I said, each person filters things differently and what is entertaining to one might be boring for another. If you enjoyed it-that's fine by me sweetheart. Who knows, maybe I will have a different view about the rest of it. But I seriously doubt it.
The movie really did nothing for me but I am very critical of movies in general or any form of art for that matter.
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Oct 9, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie really did nothing for me but I am very critical of movies in general or any form of art for that matter.
I finished it and walked away from it frustrated.
It was interesting for a while waiting to see how the goofy android would solve the temporal anomaly problem.

Then the film suddenly stops in such a abrupt way that it left me feeling as if I had watched a TV episode albeit had to pay extra for the privilege.

I also found that AA character unconvincing as a captain. More like an undereducated ghetto homey. That female android I also found unconvincing as a android because of her frequent emotionally- charged facial expressions. Just my take on the film.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Location hidden

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Animal Galindez wrote:
<quoted text>
I finished it and walked away from it frustrated.
It was interesting for a while waiting to see how the goofy android would solve the temporal anomaly problem.
Then the film suddenly stops in such a abrupt way that it left me feeling as if I had watched a TV episode albeit had to pay extra for the privilege.
I also found that AA character unconvincing as a captain. More like an undereducated ghetto homey. That female android I also found unconvincing as a android because of her frequent emotionally- charged facial expressions. Just my take on the film.
Lmfao!!!!!!!!!You rented the dvd?
Young Terror

Albert Lea, MN

#14 Oct 9, 2012
Prometheus has deep religious and philosophical undertones which may seem boring to the average muthafcka..
The movie is about man's search into space with a belief that one could meet his/her creator to find the answers to unanswerable questions about man's origin. The setting of the movie is in space and on an earth-like planet in another galaxy. The scenery alone in the movie is magnificent with waterfalls, monolithic spaceships and blizzards.

I'll lay unto you muthafckas 4 perspective of the movie.

THE CHRISTIAN PERSPECTIVE;
"How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number-living things both large and small." (Psalm 104:24-25)

God is the creator. While experiencing the beauty of the new planet and its weather in the movie, one has to stop and think about the sheer power, time and wisdom that would have been necessary to create it all. If there is an entity behind it, it has to be God;

the warm glow of the sun,
the calm flow of the clouds,
the serenity of the blue sky,
the diversity in living things,
who shall doubt your omnipotence, king of kings?

THE MUSLIM PERSPECTIVE;
"God is the Creator of everything. He is the guardian over everything. Unto Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth." (39:62, 63)

In the movie, we see man searching for knowledge. Allah advises us to search for knowledge and through Him does all knowledge come forth. The end of the movie led to more questions. Only Allah can answer all questions for He is the all knowing; (Al-alim) the all knowing, the omniscient.

Furthermore, there are 99 names for Allah. Some of them are
-Al-Khaliq The Creator
-Al-Bari&#702; The Evolver, The Fashioner, The Designer
-Al-Mu&#7779;awwir The Fashioner of Forms

THE ATHEISTIC/AGNOSTIC PERSPECTIVE;

One does not have to appeal to God to set the initial conditions for the creation of the universe, but if one does He would have to act through the laws of physics.[Stephen Hawking]

In the movie, man searches for his origins. Man maketh his destiny and man is his own God. Who wrote these religious books? Man. Who studies science? Man. Who makes discoveries? Man. Who enforces laws on earth? Man. Who preaches these laws? Man.

Also, in the movie, they used spaceships and computers to travel. This is science made and used by man to find his origin. The movie also suggests that other living life-forms made human beings. This is not exactly contrary to evolution, scientists know that life comes from life. Human beings evolved from other life forms.

"Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "does not!."
Young Terror

Albert Lea, MN

#15 Oct 9, 2012
My second favourite movie of this year, after Dark knight Rises
Barbacooozzzyah

Harrisburg, PA

#16 Oct 9, 2012
Young Terror wrote:
Prometheus has deep religious and philosophical undertones which may seem boring to the average muthafcka..
I didn't see any of that shit in my version. Maybe in your version while yu beez on cracks?
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Oct 9, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmfao!!!!!!!!!You rented the dvd?
No my queen. I just watched it on pay-per-view.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Location hidden

#18 Oct 9, 2012
Animal Galindez wrote:
<quoted text>
No my queen. I just watched it on pay-per-view.
At least you saved $6 lol.I always ask others about a movie before I waste my money.I have wasted to much money on juno type films.You know...the ones that have an akward,meaningless ending.
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Oct 9, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you saved $6 lol.I always ask others about a movie before I waste my money.I have wasted to much money on juno type films.You know...the ones that have an akward,meaningless ending.
Well, I saw it coming and went right along with it. I had Read approx five bad reviews. Why? Beats me. I honestly don't know what this other poster is talking about with alien landscapes since in the film I watched they never got off the ship. How about your version babe?

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

London, UK

#20 Oct 9, 2012
Young Terror wrote:
My second favourite movie of this year, after Dark knight Rises
deshi deshi basara basara!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Cheech the Conser... 1,508,678
Why aren't half black-half East Indian consider... (Nov '08) 2 min Star 127
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 6 min misfit 0676 2,026
Black Israelites! Answer these questions. 8 min Mike 2
Can not handle the truth 12 min Mike 6
Is Chicago The Next Detroit? 17 min Mike 7
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 23 min Ted 1,415
White men are the solution for the single black... 52 min The Power Of Mast... 137
TRUMPCARE ~ is DEAD!! 1 hr I build-they come 32
White Crime: Few Comments (Sep '09) 4 hr The Rebel 3,928
More from around the web