|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

DreRob wrote:
Who make's all of these eithiopia threads. I've never heard an AA outside of topix speak on these people.
This is so true because the real world is different from the messge board world. Now on the other hand I do see BM everywhere obsessing over latinas like mexicans and puerto ricans. And black american men need to realize that other women of different ethnicities and races usually prefer their own men. Maybe you all should start loving your own women.

Level 3

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i think d.c. ethiopians have a problem with aa is because they live in inner city neighborhoods with high crime rates. atlanta ethiopians tend to live in middle class aa neighborhoods.
yes DC blacks are seen as being crazy..my sister studied in DC at Howard and told me, so african women keep away from such

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

chaos411 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes DC blacks are seen as being crazy..my sister studied in DC at Howard and told me, so african women keep away from such
they crazy in philly, too. africans there (there are a lot of africans in philly), who live in the inner city have to form 'gangs' just to protect themselves from aa thugs. it's very sad, but expected in hardcore neighborhoods.

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

ooops wrote:
Some ethiopians don't even date other African tibes..they say it's cultural..but honestly I think they want their children to look like them still which many groups around the world do..
Also AA men have bad reps so they don't want to mingle like that..now if your rich then maybe
SMDH.. Rich men are smart men also.. We already know when women are only giving us attention when they are after our money.. Obviously A LOT of Africans don't know what a good American black male is.. If the majority of Ethiopean women will only give you play because you have money, then she isn't as pure as she think she is... and I won't date any of them.
munyiri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Am a Kenyan guy & I happen to know this Ethiopian gal, just to let you know Kenya & Ethiopia, we are neighbours. I have learned alot from her, Ethiopians tend to stick to their own, they are very religious and cultured, they hate Eritrean & in my opinion, I dont like their food lol.
One Love

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

Judged:

I think it's sad that WE as a people of color are discriminating against one another. Don't WE get enough racsim from other ethnicities?

Too other ethnic groups WE are ALL BLACK. So, stop with the I don't date African Americans,Africans,Ethiopians. . because we are ONE race! Other ethnic groups can get ahead of us because we don't know who we are. We want to be better than one another and hate on one another due to the uniqueness of our various skin complexions, hair textures, physical features, regional locations all because of simple minded-ness. Help each other if you feel your fellow BLACK sister or brother needs guidance instead of discriminating against your own kind like a fool.

If your parents are teaching you to be partial towards your own race from different parts of the world due to stereotypes then shame on them!
dee

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

As an ethiopian woman, I have to say you sound a little bitter....if you feel that way about us, why not move on to women that are willing to be with you....a female from cameroon schooled you about ethiopian women..lol....get a real education...move on
Phillmonroe

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
they crazy in philly, too. africans there (there are a lot of africans in philly), who live in the inner city have to form 'gangs' just to protect themselves from aa thugs. it's very sad, but expected in hardcore neighborhoods.
Lies I live in Philly and this stuff your talking about isn't happening. I have friends that are African, Jamaican, Haitian, etc and have never heard/saw any of this.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Phillmonroe wrote:
<quoted text>Lies I live in Philly and this stuff your talking about isn't happening. I have friends that are African, Jamaican, Haitian, etc and have never heard/saw any of this.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200511150422.htm...

"November 14, 2005
Posted to the web November 15, 2005

The vicious beating of a 13-year-old Liberian boy in Southwest Philadelphia this week has exposed a larger problem of animosity between African Americans and African immigrants, according to community members and school officials.

Police reported no arrests yesterday in the beating of Jacob Gray and were reluctant to label the incident a hate crime, but members of a Liberian community that has grown along Woodland Avenue say the attack fits a widespread pattern.

"It's been going on for a quite a while," said Sekou Kamara, 25, a Liberian immigrant and Temple University student who runs a music and video store. "It's just the first time we've seen it in the newspapers."

Kamara said his 18-year-old brother, who attends high school in Delaware County, was beaten this year by other blacks, and his sister had braids ripped from her head in an attack in Atlantic City.

Kamara said some African Americans perceive the growing African-born community as a threat. "That's what the fighting is really about," he said. "You have this increasing African community competing with African American kids."

Gray, a recent refugee from Liberia, was knocked unconscious Monday afternoon at 60th Street and Woodland Avenue by a group of black youths as he walked home from nearby Tilden Middle School, police said. The eighth grader remained at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia last night, but had been moved out of intensive care and into a regular ward, family members said. He has been able to speak to detectives. He told them he does not know why he was attacked.

Orabella Richards, a Liberian businesswoman who instructs African American health-care workers on how to deal with African immigrants, said there is often friction between the two groups. "There's anger about African immigrants coming here and doing so well," she said. "You see them fixing up their houses, buying cars."

Dixon Koffa Daye, 40, who opened a restaurant on Woodland recently, said he sometimes senses the resentment. "We came here to seek refuge," he said. "Us being here, some people take it as an insult." The tensions escalate when children become involved, Richards said.

Moses Barquoi, 54, owner of Mosel International Market on Woodland, said that "American kids have a way of bullying kids from Africa for their accent."

"The worst of all is if you're good in class," said Varney Kanneh, 47, a host on WSKR-FM (97.7) from Liberia, who alleged that some of his children had been harassed and attacked in Philadelphia public schools.

The immigrants make some of the African American students look bad, Kanneh said, "and they don't want to look bad." In response to the harassment and attacks, African immigrant youths are seeking protection by assembling and traveling in groups, Kanneh said.

Officer Joseph Young, the community relations officer for the 12th Police District, said he was aware of isolated incidents but no widespread problem. Capt. Michael Sinclair, commander of the Southwest Detective Division, concurred.

In response to fears of being attacked, some African teenagers have formed gangs, said Portia Kamara, a Liberian-born director of Multicultural Family Services, an Upper Darby nonprofit agency. "The kids talk about being called African chimps, African monkeys, sometimes being told to go back to Africa," she said."

this is only part of the article.. you might try getting off your couch once in a while.
ashanti king

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Phillmonroe wrote:
<quoted text>Lies I live in Philly and this stuff your talking about isn't happening. I have friends that are African, Jamaican, Haitian, etc and have never heard/saw any of this.
I agree, I also live in Philly and I don't see those things happening. It is isolate cases. I don't think it has do with jealousy. Is not surprising that all the cases involved Liberians. Most Liberian kids wants to be gangster rather than go to school. They come to America, instead of going to school, they get involve in robbery and ganglife. I see a lot of aas enjoying African foods and chilling with Africans. The newspaper and those interviewed are trying to make it seem that there is a growing problem and aas are at fault, when these Africans are at fault also.
Anjia

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

I'm Ethiopian and you know, I wouldn't date an AA guy for the simple fact that I would be too scared that he just might leave and go. From what I know, most AA women with kids are single mothers. This is not a risk I would take with an AA guy. Besides, my family would probably have a heartattack if I told them I was with an AA guy. I respect my father too much to do that. I'd stick with Ethiopian men.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Anjia wrote:
I'm Ethiopian and you know, I wouldn't date an AA guy for the simple fact that I would be too scared that he just might leave and go. From what I know, most AA women with kids are single mothers. This is not a risk I would take with an AA guy. Besides, my family would probably have a heartattack if I told them I was with an AA guy. I respect my father too much to do that. I'd stick with Ethiopian men.
Those women who are single mothers, make bad choices in men, thats why they are single mothers. This cycle is in the hood mainly. You need to get out more, and stop criticizing a whole group of men. Most black men dont want african women anyway.
Kidy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

This is racism and stereotypical
Ok first off... either we grew up here or back home in Ethio, when we come to the states, we are warned by our parents about African Americans as a whole meaning they are dangerous like the they them in the movies however its the females choice to date them or not to as she gets older. I have seen few who are dating and one of my close friend is married to an African American. Its that we are against them or anything but I feel like they are threatened by us as if we are better than other human race. Especially the African American females have this look on their faces when they see an ethiopian girl around. I have gotten many looks while walking to classes or walking around campus. I think one of the many reasons would be the ways that their female population treats us. Also most African Americans unless their ages are 30+, you see them smoking or doing drugs and that kind of scares us as well.But what yall said was a bit too much and too discriminatory. Js
Kidy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

This is racism and stereotypical
Ok first off... either we grew up here or back home in Ethio, when we come to the states, we are warned by our parents about African Americans as a whole meaning they are dangerous like the see they them in the movies however its the females choice to date them or not to as she gets older. I have seen few who are dating and one of my close friend is married to an African American. Its that we are against them or anything but I feel like they are threatened by us as if we are better than other human race. Especially the African American females have this look on their faces when they see ethiopian girs around. I have gotten many looks while walking to classes or walking around campus. I think one of the many reasons would be the ways that their female population treats us. Also most African Americans unless their ages are 30+, you see them smoking or doing drugs and that kind of scares us as well.But what yall said was a bit too much and too discriminatory. And the MOST important reason I believe is cultural and religion differences we have our own unique culture and religion that has been passed from generations to generations and when its time for marriage I believe that we have to make a choice between the values we had growing up however I dont think one person/female should discriminate AA men from dating cuz the dating process is just a cycle, none said she has to marry who she dated but then again everyone is different from each other but for me I dont mind dated AA men we are all one people, same color and same background and I feel like some AA men are well grounded growing up by their mothers and have good manners...therefore lets not judge a book by its cover and say ALL Ethiopian women dont date AA men.:)

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

go to bed cracker.your jealous cracka ass up typing all that nonsense! trying to break us up into classes! FAIL! BLACK POWER!! ethiopians are cutie pies!! we love our little zahara jolie pitt! xoxo

Level 5

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

look at how nasty white ppl are!

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/sex/TVFCS39SQ...

Level 5

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/sex/TVFCS39SQ...

long live africa!! look at how sick white ppl are!!
JustSayin

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

When we AA encounter ignorant habesha, we should have compassion for them and recognize that they have been brainwashed by the same people (white/ferenj) who would have us AA believe that they eat once a month, live in fly infested huts and swing from trees. It's not really their fault and many of them are as ignorant of our history as many of us are of theirs.

Think about the logic of trying to succeed in a foreign country, often with a lack of education, a language disadvantage, all the liabilities of black skin (whether they know it or not), and unfamiliarity with our system of government... all while alienating their most natural allies. That's just an self-inflicted uphill climb made steeper.

Success in any country is a function of your ability to interface with the majority culture of that country. That's whether you're in business or employed by someone. Good luck being successful in France without speaking French and understanding French culture.

The reality is that there are habesha who have AA in their families, just like there are habesha who have white people in their families. There are even habesha who have Italians in their families.

If you stepped to her with the best of intentions and she rejected you, God bless her and move on. Why? Because men of good intentions African American OR Ethiopian are hard to come by. She may not have experienced enough to realize this... because if you don't think Ethiopian men can be scandalous... you just don't know any Ethiopian men... and check this out:

While she's rejecting you for not being Ethiopian... don't you know that she probably has some of her own Ethiopian men rejecting her for being too Americanized/not Ethiopian enough?

I have talked to Ethiopians in Ethiopia, I have talked to Ethiopians in America. I have talked to Ethiopians who have college degrees and nice jobs, and I have talked to Ethiopians who drive taxis and park cars... and here's what I can tell you:

Black folks are black folks. Tell a habesha that the party is at 9 and just like an African American, don't expect them to show up before 11. We like our beef, chicken and greens... they like their Tibbs, Doro, and Gomen. Many just are not yet sophisticated enough to see beyond their brainwashing.

JustSayin...
Hookers for sell

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Shity E-apian hoes LOVE money
they will do anything for money
if you thing those severely deformed sharmoutas do for you enjoy it till your money and your healthy lasts as they are virus cargo
real talk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

I just don't understand why people focus on ethiopians on this kind of topics while it occurs on every race..spanish, asians, indians, whites..etc . And not every ethiopians are like how u think they are.. what's the problem if they want to stick with their culture. I know for a fact aa look down on africans..they think they are uncivilized who just came from the jungle. But when the refusal comes from the africans they get crayzy mad..:-(

Fyi: ethiopians dosent have a problem with aas if they had u would have seen them with z white guys, which u don't.
Please leave them z fuck alone

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••