why do puerto ricans and blacks get a...

why do puerto ricans and blacks get along?

Created by brea on Jan 20, 2008

522 votes

Click on an option to vote

cus we jst do

were sexy

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“aswad rajul min amerika”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 20, 2008
Cause they act like us.
we basically like Puerto ricans more than any other ethnic group.
Tests

Haverhill, MA

#2 Jan 20, 2008
Attention Seeker!
TEEEEEHEEEEE
P.S.

“Caribbean American”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 20, 2008
SantanaBlack wrote:
Because puerto rican women are sexy as hell!!!
lol. Hey don't forget about Dominican's now.

Level 2

Since: Jul 07

Jamaica Queens, New York

#5 Jan 20, 2008
Usually because we are both poor and live near each other. Sometimes they can be mad cool but sometimes they can be racist as hell. I went to school in east harlem and puerto ricans can sometimes show mad love other times they act funny style.
fire_danger

Mumbai, India

#6 Jan 20, 2008
While blacks and ricans look different, Puerto Rico also has always had a strong hip-hop culture and have been the trend setters of the Latin countries.

PR basically founded Salsa and then DR founded Merengue. PR founded spanish rap and ragga, and now has founded Reggaeton.

I think the youth of each ethnicity are close cuz of that
fire_danger

Mumbai, India

#7 Jan 20, 2008
Reggaeton was by the way founded back in the early 90s, before that.. the streets of PR listened to rap in english and spanish
C-Bisquit

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2008
Because its like a match made in heaven.

Since: Jan 08

Woodstock, GA

#9 Jan 20, 2008
Hey; I know this sounds stereotypical...But that is true. My cousin has a bestfriend, up in New York, he is puerto rican and they have been close for a decade now.

I dont know why we get along with them...As far as me, I get along with them, Dominicans and Brazilians-they are all very laid back.
Mellisa

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#11 Jan 20, 2008
From my experience with Puerto Ricans, a lot of them are prejudice against Blacks. Plus, I realized that they kiss White peoples asses. For instances, when Jennifer Lopez was with Diddy her family thought she was destroying her life, and when she got with Ben Affleck, they were like this is the happiest she's ever been. Then she got what she deserved, Ben dumped her ass like caliente potatoes the day before the wedding and got with his own and made a family. Only now she knows that she can get with a Puerto Rican like her damn self. I just think PRs need to realize that white people look down on them too. That's my opinion about the PRs that I know......
C-Bisquit

Woodland Hills, CA

#12 Jan 20, 2008
Mellisa wrote:
From my experience with Puerto Ricans, a lot of them are prejudice against Blacks. Plus, I realized that they kiss White peoples asses. For instances, when Jennifer Lopez was with Diddy her family thought she was destroying her life, and when she got with Ben Affleck, they were like this is the happiest she's ever been. Then she got what she deserved, Ben dumped her ass like caliente potatoes the day before the wedding and got with his own and made a family. Only now she knows that she can get with a Puerto Rican like her damn self. I just think PRs need to realize that white people look down on them too. That's my opinion about the PRs that I know......
And it starts another good thread about to turn sour.

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#13 Jan 20, 2008
fire_danger wrote:
While blacks and ricans look different, Puerto Rico also has always had a strong hip-hop culture and have been the trend setters of the Latin countries.
PR basically founded Salsa and then DR founded Merengue. PR founded spanish rap and ragga, and now has founded Reggaeton.
I think the youth of each ethnicity are close cuz of that
But if it wasn't for us blacks then there would be no hip hop and R&b.We founded those.I love p.ricans,hispanics,and dominicans though.We are all people of color.

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#14 Jan 20, 2008
Ive also mistaken some p.ricans/dominicans for being black until I hear their accents.

“TRUENUBIA.COM”

Since: Jan 08

Denver, CO

#15 Jan 21, 2008
Because Puerto Ricans are heavily mixed with African blood. In essence a great deal of them are black people!

Same with Dominicans, Brazillians, and Cubans who also have a heavy African populace.

It should be noted that Haiti is a direct neighbor of the Dominican Republic.

More blacks are in Brazil due to the slave trade than there are in the United States.

We're a global people!

Accents and culture aside. We're related to alot of Latin Americans. With some it's more readily apparent than others.

“aswad rajul min amerika”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#16 Jan 21, 2008
I live in Orlando, Fl. We have many Puerto ricans here. Florida is their second home.
Never had any problems with them. Many are transplants from NY.

Blacks and Puerto ricans were equally important in hip hop at its beginning. They were mostly in the background.

“Caribbean American”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#17 Jan 21, 2008
SantanaBlack wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KkPj4gHeTXwXX&feature=rel ated
this is why i like puerto rican women.
I though you like Dominican?

Level 1

Since: May 07

Riverside, CA

#18 Jan 21, 2008
give me your taco......I'll throw some beef up in there.....cheerio

“White man Jesus (Devil) ”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#19 Jan 21, 2008
QueenofTheNile wrote:
Ive also mistaken some p.ricans/dominicans for being black until I hear their accents.
very true!

“Candid. What?”

Since: Jan 08

Alliston, Canada

#20 Jan 21, 2008
jayrag wrote:
I live in Orlando, Fl. We have many Puerto ricans here. Florida is their second home.
Never had any problems with them. Many are transplants from NY.
Blacks and Puerto ricans were equally important in hip hop at its beginning. They were mostly in the background.
lol "transplants".. Is that the word you intended to use?
Light Skinned Black

Eddyville, KY

#21 Jan 21, 2008
Our cultures are a lot alike my daughter-in-law is dominican. There is not much difference in them and us, food may be the only difference that I know of.
PAPO

AOL

#22 Mar 21, 2009
I FEEL WE GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER BECAUSE WILL TRY AND KEEP IT REAL ,WE CAN BEAT EACH OTHER UP ,BUT DONT LET ANY BODY ELSE COME MESS WITH US,CAUSE THEN ITS OVER FOR THEM UR KNOW WHAT IM TAKLING BAOUT.GOT LOVE FOR MY BLACK BROTHERS AND SISTERS,BORICUA HERE BRONX NYC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Internet a breeding ground for racists and soci... 3 min Andrew 2
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 3 min INFIDEL 275
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 3 min fluer 227
News Donald Trump courts African-American vote durin... 9 min Jelly Belly Popcorn 160
Kelly Rowland is soooo pretty !! (Aug '11) 11 min Right G 138
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Yeah 1,417,843
News Capital City Black Film Festival Grows by Leaps... 17 min Andrew 1
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 20 min Moses 436
The Real Clintons 52 min Andrew 62
More from around the web