First Prev
of 66
Next Last

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1455 Jan 5, 2014
Um, we do know this, but it doesn't matter to us.

And honestly it's becoming a tired song to hear people say "actually blacks traded each other as slaves too"

America is not Africa.
Slavery based on skin color and the kind of white prejudice racial hatred is not getting any kind of compassion.
The idea of manipulating society to generate slave based labor... oh that was a European concept. So much so that the Confederacy and even modern southern sympathizers try to get sympathy with "ending it would have upset our social and economic lifestyle"

My response to that? GOOD

It was wrong to do it and thats the bottom line.
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. Either as battle spoils, or trades, as well as generational slaves.
Just like in Europe. Africa was also a site of where tribes battled other tribes for various things, Be it land, food, etc.... It wasn't the kumbaya life that many here in the USA tend to assume it is like over in Africa. In many ways, those who think it was that way from time immemorial are like peta clones for what they think happens.
Humans are VERY territorial beings. Be it over other human beings be it the opposite gender, offspring, etc.. As well as being territorial over wealth like cattle, land, property, etc... Humans are also territorial over food. Be it the actual food, as well as what the food is from, be it land grown on, wild plants, as well as from animals.
Many generational slaves that are over there, They are the descendants of either battle capturees, and or traded slaves.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1456 Jan 5, 2014
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Um, we do know this, but it doesn't matter to us.

And honestly it's becoming a tired song to hear people say "actually blacks traded each other as slaves too"

America is not Africa.
Slavery based on skin color and the kind of white prejudice racial hatred is not getting any kind of compassion.
The idea of manipulating society to generate slave based labor... oh that was a European concept. So much so that the Confederacy and even modern southern sympathizers try to get sympathy with "ending it would have upset our social and economic lifestyle"

Slavery is still going on, so how is it based on skin color?

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#1457 Jan 5, 2014
osirica wrote:
Um, we do know this, but it doesn't matter to us.
America is not Africa.
<quoted text>
Thing is, slavery has existed almost as long as humankind has walked on the planet here. It has existed for thousands of years on all the lands here on Earth. It is NOT a White person invention. Same goes for the idea of manipulating society be supposedly a European only idea.
Though one European country's name for slavery has entered the common language. And that is 'thrall'. Base word for the words - enthralled, and thralldom.
And it is a rare culture who was NOT affected by slavery in some sort. Even ancient China had slaves. Same goes for pre-European invasion of all the three Americas(North, Central, South). The indigenous natives of the three areas of America had slaves too.
Many Native Americans today also try to forget that their ancestors didn't get along with each other. They also want to think that their ancestors also supposedly lived a 'kumbaya' type lifestyle. If that was true. There would not be the various burial mounds like the ones in St. Paul, MN. Where one tribe actually killed then buried their enemies of the other tribes living in the same area. As well as other things,

Level 1

Location hidden

#1458 Jan 5, 2014
We kind of lost track of the converstion here.

The excuses given for it's perpetuation in America, I have thus addressed.

I do not really know what you are asking or how it relates to that.
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery is still going on, so how is it based on skin color?

Level 1

Location hidden

#1459 Jan 5, 2014
And this point which is already well known does nothing to address the moral failing of doing it here in the USA.

It goes against principles established here in the USA and thus created what we call a hypocricy.

I do not think one human born ever is born wishing to be someone else's slave, so none of this matters.

We do not base our moral character on what happened throughout history. Most civilizations thought the world was flat... they were wrong.
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is, slavery has existed almost as long as humankind has walked on the planet here. It has existed for thousands of years on all the lands here on Earth. It is NOT a White person invention. Same goes for the idea of manipulating society be supposedly a European only idea.
Though one European country's name for slavery has entered the common language. And that is 'thrall'. Base word for the words - enthralled, and thralldom.
And it is a rare culture who was NOT affected by slavery in some sort. Even ancient China had slaves. Same goes for pre-European invasion of all the three Americas(North, Central, South). The indigenous natives of the three areas of America had slaves too.
Many Native Americans today also try to forget that their ancestors didn't get along with each other. They also want to think that their ancestors also supposedly lived a 'kumbaya' type lifestyle. If that was true. There would not be the various burial mounds like the ones in St. Paul, MN. Where one tribe actually killed then buried their enemies of the other tribes living in the same area. As well as other things,

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

#1460 Jan 5, 2014
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>We kind of lost track of the converstion here.

The excuses given for it's perpetuation in America, I have thus addressed.

I do not really know what you are asking or how it relates to that.
You stated that slavery was based on skin color.

My response to you was that slavery still exists in the world.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#1461 Jan 5, 2014
osirica wrote:
And this point which is already well known does nothing to address the moral failing of doing it here in the USA.
It goes against principles established here in the USA and thus created what we call a hypocricy.
I do not think one human born ever is born wishing to be someone else's slave, so none of this matters.
We do not base our moral character on what happened throughout history. Most civilizations thought the world was flat... they were wrong.
<quoted text>
I also have to agree with Phoenix. As well as the actual time the USA has been around is a very short eyeblink in the timeline of human history.
Plus, our habits of what we do are born of what, why, and how our ancestors comported themselves.
This is how also traditions get born. From what happened in the past.
Those who refuse to learn what mistakes were done in the past are very likely to repeat them.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1462 Jan 5, 2014
So again, I say we've lost track of the conversation.

Slavery based on skin color ( a European/White American based concept) has a moral repugnancy that goes beyond anything preceding it. The moral contradiction of it in a Christian teaching makes it even worse.

So again, you were telling people the obvious (slavery still exists).

I am reminding people that it's existence does not mitigate the outrage of it's prior existence here, and there was no excuse.

Shall we go around again?
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated that slavery was based on skin color.
My response to you was that slavery still exists in the world.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1463 Jan 5, 2014
Don't matter.

The US was founded on people who made a moral stand against the serfdom of Europe. Secondly, what white person would agree that a mere moment of their people in slavery was an acceptable consequence of all that stuff you just said.

It was a mistake and a moral failing. Period.

It would be nice if sometimes it could be said "it was wrong, there was no excuse for it".
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have to agree with Phoenix. As well as the actual time the USA has been around is a very short eyeblink in the timeline of human history.
Plus, our habits of what we do are born of what, why, and how our ancestors comported themselves.
This is how also traditions get born. From what happened in the past.
Those who refuse to learn what mistakes were done in the past are very likely to repeat them.
dolphin

UK

#1464 Jan 5, 2014
Why can't u pple understand simple logic,even if the chiefs in Africa refuse to sell his people,the whites Will still get them by force because they got the knowledge n understanding

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

#1465 Jan 5, 2014
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>So again, I say we've lost track of the conversation.

Slavery based on skin color ( a European/White American based concept) has a moral repugnancy that goes beyond anything preceding it. The moral contradiction of it in a Christian teaching makes it even worse.

So again, you were telling people the obvious (slavery still exists).

I am reminding people that it's existence does not mitigate the outrage of it's prior existence here, and there was no excuse.

Shall we go around again?
Do as you please but we already know that slavery existed prior to the trans Atlantic slave trade and will continue to exist.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1466 Jan 7, 2014
And yes we all know that out there somewhere in the world children are abused, criminal gangs run rampant, and psychopaths go around killing people for the pleasure of it.

I am not quite getting the point YOU are making
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Do as you please but we already know that slavery existed prior to the trans Atlantic slave trade and will continue to exist.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1468 Jan 7, 2014
The truth can be sophisticated and intelligent sounding:

Your understanding of race is inconsistent, hypocritical, and clearly designed to maximize your sense of superiority, purity, and privilege.

The truth can be blunt and simple:

Black people don't have to follow your stupid made up, changem as you go along rules on "fairness". We can see right through your crap.
TopDog62961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say, you seem quite sophisticated and intelligent in this post.
Oh, wait a minute...
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T94E7VPG5QLP0...
It was just an ACT.
You're actually a typical crybaby ghetto rat.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1469 Jan 7, 2014
What does that say about YOU then?

That a typical crybaby ghetto rat is CORRECT

and YOU are proven INCORRECT by said rat?

It means that you're a BUM, a loser, a f---ing BUMMMMM!!

Everytime you open your mouth you're hoping you can get a free pass on the racist thinking you try to spew out.

The answer is NO!
TopDog62961 wrote:
<quoted text>

You're actually a typical crybaby ghetto rat.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1470 Jan 7, 2014
Look stop trying to find a way to get away with crap by trying to trick people with some reverse guilt trip crap.

Black people don't go around trying to figure out how to get one over on white people.

We don't wake up every day thinking about how much we are tired of your whining. Even though man you whine and moan and cry...

Oh boo hoo it's ok because you're whining about me whining?

Oh you think everytime you see some random black guy somewhere complaining and he doesn't have nothing thats just as fair as some rich white guy that ripped 500 people off complaining about high taxes?

Oh that's your sense of fairness?

Oh and then add Christianity to it all... all of a sudden Jesus is some proto-capitalist and the book of Acts simply never happened.

Man! STUPID people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 66
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Van Sertima debunked! Afronazis Drowning in Tears! 4 min Don Barros Serrano 496
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,234,021
why do white people hate other races so much 9 min Don Barros Serrano 463
How do mexican men treat black women? (Oct '07) 9 min Guest 985
If Whites Apologized to BLACKS... 9 min THX Whip Cracker 26
WHO will be the first to drop Topix & began a ... 10 min Oh No You Di-nt 39
Ugly nog buck in KY rapes dozens of White women! 11 min THX Whip Cracker 3
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 40 min KiloEcho 33,635
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 48 min Ben YISRAEL 120,913
Blacks Are Biologically Superior To Whites (Sep '12) 1 hr PolakPotrafi 345