“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

United States

#1385 Mar 20, 2013
@ Bourbou Prince

I was born here in the states, to a n AA mother and Liberian father, I moved to liberia when I was a baby and came back to the states when I was ten.

How about you where are you from

Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1386 Mar 20, 2013
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Your originality seems to be your ability to copy and paste unsubstantiated information. Next time, don't forget to copy and paste your source(s).
Well if they were simply my own statements of opinion, why the hell should anyone believe me? Duh! LOL!

What's the matter, you don't like historical truth?
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#1387 Mar 20, 2013
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't. No one has ever, since the end of slavery, tried to stop AA's from going back to Africa.
It was the US whites that paid AA's to go back, which is why they funded AAs' colonization of Liberia.
Do you think I'm a troll? I don't pull B.S. out of thin air and publish it as truth. This is only one source of info for information. Don't like it, then Google Garvey and take your choice.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/garvey/timeline/...
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#1388 Mar 20, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir,
you may have noticed a recent surge of oh'really+zaius various sock-puppets : they are locusts these days flocking on Afam Topix.
Probably the same whitey propagating his nasty propaganda in this Forum.
Even some of their nyms are masquerading as Black people.
a whiteboi
"Sock Puppets" LOL. Socks worn by trolls, no doubt.
Yes, they are good at that. They argue as Goebbeles, Hitler's tight arm propagandized. Trolls believe if they tell their lies often enough people will believe them.,,

Level 4

Location hidden

#1389 Mar 20, 2013
West Africans to African-Americans: "We Apologize for Slavery"

Written by Rusty Wright
The president of the West African nation of Benin has a message for African-Americans: His compatriots are sorry for their ancestors' complicity in the slave trade. During December, he's going to tell them that at a special Leadership Reconciliation Conference on his soil.
An often-overlooked facet of slavery's ugly historical stain is that black Africans sold other black Africans into slavery. When rival tribes made war, the victors took prisoners and made them indentured servants, often selling them to white slave merchants. Tribal animosity seethed.
Benin president Matthieu Kerekou says intertribal hostility over the slave trade still exists. Many of his people have never seen descendants of their forebears who were shipped off to the Americas.
Kerekou attended the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington last February and sought African-American church leaders to whom he could apologize. The pastors offered forgiveness. As a result, 125 Western leaders will gather with tribal chiefs from across Benin for the reconciliation event. U.S. Senator James Inhofe (R, Oklahoma) and Congressman Tony Hall (D, Ohio) will participate along with pastors, athletes, celebrities and representatives of European (former) slave-trading nations.
Brian Johnson, an African-American living in Virginia, heads a U.S. sponsoring group COMINAD (Cooperative Missions Network of the African Dispersion) and works with many black churches. Johnson says the infamous "Gate of No Return" that stands on the Benin beach where slaves embarked will be renamed the "Gate of Return" and/or destroyed. African-Americans will be granted Benin citizenship.
Plans exist for a larger reconciliation event in 2000. A ship will sail the old slave route from the Canary Islands to Benin and business leaders will host an international business exposition to help stimulate trade.
Johnson says President Kerekou's mission has a spiritual flavor motivated by the president's own recent commitment to Christ. "In the same way that God offered forgiveness by presenting His Son, who was offended first," Johnson notes, African-American church leaders want to offer forgiveness to the descendants of their ancestors' captors. Both the president and the pastors hope to effect reconciliation and to provide an example to help ease global racial tensions.
Johnson says the realization that blacks sold other blacks into slavery has been hard for many African-Americans to handle. "This made it difficult to just hold the white man responsible," he notes. "This creates some problems in our own psyche. We have to deal with another angle to this and it makes it difficult. It's not [merely] a black/white thing."
He says the problem is in human hearts. " 'All have sinned,'" he claims, quoting the New Testament. "All of us need to confess our wrong and appeal to [God] for forgiveness."
Ilmu Batin

Paris, France

#1390 Mar 20, 2013
BS : Chacha de Souza, and Domingo Martinez, and the French slave Trader Regis organized the slave trade in Benin. If the king did not cooperate he would be sold himself to slavery. This is what happened to Toussaint Louverture's Grandfather who was the minister of defense of Benin but was sold as a slave in Haiti. One other example is Teghezzo's brother ( Adosan) who was destituted by the mulato Brazilian slave trader Cha cha de souza and Martinez.
See Alfred B Ellis in his book " The Ewe speaking peoples of the slave coast ".
European are 100 % responsible of the slave trade :
- They financed it (,their kings and queens)
- They planned it via the Asientos
- They needed it for their colonies
But they don't, want to be the culprits, smh.
There was an Indian slave trade ( see Allan Gallay) they used the same methods they applied in Africa:
- 1st kidnapping the of the natives, then they needed to change their strategy
- 2nd, ally with one tribe and provide him with guns and powder to destroy his enemies, of course the currency to be used was a slave....
Ilmu Batin

Paris, France

#1392 Mar 20, 2013
And talking of slavery in Africa during pre-colonial Africa is BS. The Jamaican scholar of slavery Pr Orlando Patterson wrote a book called " Slavery and Social Death", in this book he compares all the different types of servitude known down earth in all the continents from antiquity. The form of slavery ( slave = a slav from Eastern Europe so technical speaking by definition a white man) known in the new world is UNIQUE and only known to Europe : Greece and more specifically to Rome

It was in ancient Rome that you had huge slave plantations (latifundias) with a slave oversee called Villicus and thousand of slaves.

These slaves were castrated for punishment, whipped, branded on the face, locked every night in a jail ( Ergastules) to avoid their flight. Slaves women were prostitutes, and used for breeding purpose.

Remind you something ? The slave system of the new world.

Level 4

Location hidden

#1393 Mar 20, 2013
Ilmu Batin wrote:
BS : Chacha de Souza, and Domingo Martinez, and the French slave Trader Regis organized the slave trade in Benin. If the king did not cooperate he would be sold himself to slavery. This is what happened to Toussaint Louverture's Grandfather who was the minister of defense of Benin but was sold as a slave in Haiti. One other example is Teghezzo's brother ( Adosan) who was destituted by the mulato Brazilian slave trader Cha cha de souza and Martinez.
See Alfred B Ellis in his book " The Ewe speaking peoples of the slave coast ".
European are 100 % responsible of the slave trade :
- They financed it (,their kings and queens)
- They planned it via the Asientos
- They needed it for their colonies
But they don't, want to be the culprits, smh.
There was an Indian slave trade ( see Allan Gallay) they used the same methods they applied in Africa:
- 1st kidnapping the of the natives, then they needed to change their strategy
- 2nd, ally with one tribe and provide him with guns and powder to destroy his enemies, of course the currency to be used was a slave....
How can the Europeans be 100% responsible Attai? That makes no sense. Especially when it was Africans who procured the slaves. And many tribes built up their kingdoms off the slave trade.
Africans are even admiting thrir guilt and tryin to make amends. What you are just going to ignore all that?

Look to your own damn selves for slavery. Don't blame Me. I don't have a damn thing to do with it. I'm Irish with Polish ancestry. If any dare get in my face with all these contrived accusations and I will lay their sorry asses low! I'm getting tired of all this shoit!
koliko

Alexandria, VA

#1395 Mar 20, 2013
McAlister73 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the Europeans be 100% responsible Attai? That makes no sense. Especially when it was Africans who procured the slaves. And many tribes built up their kingdoms off the slave trade.
Africans are even admiting thrir guilt and tryin to make amends. What you are just going to ignore all that?
Look to your own damn selves for slavery. Don't blame Me. I don't have a damn thing to do with it. I'm Irish with Polish ancestry. If any dare get in my face with all these contrived accusations and I will lay their sorry asses low! I'm getting tired of all this shoit!
Which africans are admitting their guilt? We are not stuck in the past like other people. We look to the future, a bright future. if you pay close attention it is a couple of presidents and ministers of tourism who have made such statements, guess what their target is? tourism from AAs. for the individual african we take each person as they come,if you are a hate-filled AA, you will get treated differently from one who comes with humility to find out how we really live now.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1396 Mar 21, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir,
you may have noticed a recent surge of oh'really+zaius various sock-puppets : they are locusts these days flocking on Afam Topix.
Probably the same whitey propagating his nasty propaganda in this Forum.
Even some of their nyms are masquerading as Black people.
a whiteboi
LOL!!!!! you are so full of sh!t.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1397 Mar 21, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>

a whiteboi
A liar.
Ilmu Batin

Paris, France

#1398 Mar 21, 2013
McAlister73 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Chump !

1st I am not Attai1

2nd It's cool that you don't give a damn cause you're a stupid punk, whose knowledge is only limited to copy and paste

BTW Irish were enslaved in the new world, and coined as " White N...", and Polish ( a slav people) has been enslaved by the Germans, the Turks, the Tartars....Hitler enslaved millions of slavic people in Germany's war industry...And AAs soldiers freed your @sses...

Europeans built forts ( with guns, chains, canons and powder) all over Africa ( why using guns, powder and canons if you come only for commerce i.e. buy and sale ?) to steal african people: I repeat

- They needed it : labour force to produce sugar, coffee, indigo, cotton etc,etc

- They financed it : Barclays, JP Morgan , Lloyds

- They Planned it : Portuguese, Spanish, English, Dutch, French slit each other throaths in the West Indies, in Europe, In Africa, in South America

- They destroyed MILLIONS of Africans in the death camps called slave plantations

Portuguese, Spanish, English, Genoans, Venitians, Germans (Welsers who were bankers), Dutch, French, English, Americans ( once they got their independence) ARE RESPONSIBLE OF THE SLAVE TRADE : BECAUDSE THEY MADE BILLIONS OUT OF IT

PS : If had to meet you I'll tell it to you the same way, and you won't say/do s... racist redneck...
andland

Voorhees, NJ

#1399 Mar 21, 2013
whites are at least i guess 60 percent responsible.. but 40 percent belongs to blacks..

Level 4

Location hidden

#1401 Mar 21, 2013
Ilmu Batin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Chump !
1st I am not Attai1
2nd It's cool that you don't give a damn cause you're a stupid punk, whose knowledge is only limited to copy and paste
BTW Irish were enslaved in the new world, and coined as " White N...", and Polish ( a slav people) has been enslaved by the Germans, the Turks, the Tartars....Hitler enslaved millions of slavic people in Germany's war industry...And AAs soldiers freed your @sses...
Europeans built forts ( with guns, chains, canons and powder) all over Africa ( why using guns, powder and canons if you come only for commerce i.e. buy and sale ?) to steal african people: I repeat
- They needed it : labour force to produce sugar, coffee, indigo, cotton etc,etc
- They financed it : Barclays, JP Morgan , Lloyds
- They Planned it : Portuguese, Spanish, English, Dutch, French slit each other throaths in the West Indies, in Europe, In Africa, in South America
- They destroyed MILLIONS of Africans in the death camps called slave plantations
Portuguese, Spanish, English, Genoans, Venitians, Germans (Welsers who were bankers), Dutch, French, English, Americans ( once they got their independence) ARE RESPONSIBLE OF THE SLAVE TRADE : BECAUDSE THEY MADE BILLIONS OUT OF IT
PS : If had to meet you I'll tell it to you the same way, and you won't say/do s... racist redneck...
Oh shut up idiot. If I saw you in person I'd kick a field goal with your damn head.

If you read carefully what I "copied and pasted" you will understand that the Europeans built their stations along the coast but seldom went inland. It was The Africans who supplied the slaves and who brought them to the Europeans. The Africans profited from it as well, even if not to the same extent as the Europeans. There is no way in Hell you can exclude the Africans from having any responsiblity, you mentally challenged fraud!

Level 4

Location hidden

#1402 Mar 21, 2013
And the plantations were not death camps which is sugestive of what the nazis created in Germany. That is a very dishonest comaparision, not surprising coming from someone like you.
Ilmu Batin

Paris, France

#1403 Mar 21, 2013
McAlister73 wrote:
And the plantations were not death camps which is sugestive of what the nazis created in Germany. That is a very dishonest comaparision, not surprising coming from someone like you.
Hey GI Joke, it was death camps : they had to work from sunrise to evening, and the average life of a slave was around 7 yrs

Not talking about the bad treatments : emasculated, burnt down ( leaders of slave insurrections), cut a foot. May they all root in hell for their cruelties

But how could you know Mr Brainbird aka Dr Honoris Causa in Copying and Pasting ?

Hey redneck , I have few questions for you ?

1. Who sold the Slavs (including some polish) to the Arabs in Spain or Egypt ? Slavic people was such a benchmark as a slave ethnicity (that Slav = Slave = Slavery you dummy ) in Europe from the High middle age to the 15th century. So who sold Slavic people to the other European nations ??

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#1404 Mar 21, 2013
Ilmu Batin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey GI Joke, it was death camps : they had to work from sunrise to evening, and the average life of a slave was around 7 yrs
Not talking about the bad treatments : emasculated, burnt down ( leaders of slave insurrections), cut a foot. May they all root in hell for their cruelties
But how could you know Mr Brainbird aka Dr Honoris Causa in Copying and Pasting ?
1. Who sold the Slavs (including some polish) to the Arabs in Spain or Egypt ? Slavic people was such a benchmark as a slave ethnicity (that Slav = Slave = Slavery you dummy ) in Europe from the High middle age to the 15th century. So who sold Slavic people to the other European nations ??
well said Sir and it is historically proven : life expectation was short for Black slaves in Amerikkka and the whole plantation system.
Plus they were often undernourished and exposed to nasty diseases.
Not mentioning the daily tortures and the atrocious trip from African coasts.

We have here a monument of white crime and iniquity.
Trying today to downplay it is even more morally infamous : not surprising for whitey reps, tea-partiers and KKKluxers of Topix.

a whiteboi

Level 4

Location hidden

#1405 Mar 21, 2013
Ilmu Batin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know when to quit, do you attai?
That quote you repeated about life expectancy of seven years is actually a reference to sugar planations in the Caribbean where conditions were notoriously severe and is not relfective of slave life in the Americas in general, especially not with regard to the US of A.

"American South

Here’s the average life expectancy at birth for American slaves in 1850 compared to the life expectancy of various “free” populations around the world:

U.S. White – 40
England and Wales, 1838-1856 – 40
Holland, 1850-1860 – 36
France, 1854-58 – 36
U.S. Slave – 36
Italy, 1885 – 35
Austria, 1875 – 31
Chile, 1920 – 31
Manchester, England, 1831 – 24
New York, Boston, and Philadelphia, 1830 – 24

Note: This information also comes from Time on the Cross: The Economics of Negro Slavery."

"Slavery in the United States was nothing compared to the intensity of Cuban slavery where slaves commonly spent as much as 20 hours a day harvesting and processing sugarcane.

Here’s another excerpt from Time on the Cross:

“Cotton was, of course, the single most important crop on large cotton plantations, requiring about 34 percent of the labor time of the slaves. However, the rearing of livestock (including the raising of feed) took nearly as much labor time of slaves – about 25 percent. Corn bound for human consumption took another 6 percent. The remaining 34 percent of the working time of slave hands was divided among land improvement, the construction of fences and buildings, the raising of other crops (oats, rye, wheat, potatoes, etc.), domestic duties, and home manufacturing (especially the production of clothes).”

2/3rds of the time of slaves on Southern cotton plantations was spent on activities which had nothing to do with the cotton crop. The slaves on Virginia tobacco farms had even easier lives.

In terms of the intensity of slavery, sugar > rice > coffee > cotton > tobacco. There was a night and day difference between being a slave on a sugar plantation and a cotton plantation."

And what the hell do slavs being sold in egypt have to do with the with Blacks sharing the blame for Atlantic Slave trade??
Anyway let me close my eyes guess who you were orginally hinting at...um...THE VENETIANS!

You get two big fat demerits for being off point!

You now have my persmission to go get drunk!

Level 4

Location hidden

#1407 Mar 21, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Puto menso baboso---
Tú también has faltado de mencionar los pinche árabes, y su papel en el intercambio de esclavos. No lo hicieron solamente europeos y africanos.
Hablas como un malo pero no eres sino chillón y cobarde.
Man why does this guy keep following me? Why does he try to talk to me in Spanish?? I wonder if I had it translated if it would prove to be a gay proposition, he's idea of a sleazy come on. I hear when mexicans get drunk they'll fkcu anything in sight even farm animals and local wildlife. Poor lonely queer!

This is AMERICA Poncho!

Love it, or leave it!

Level 4

Location hidden

#1411 Mar 21, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably on stolen land, boy... in fact you are for sure... if not from Mexico, from Natives of some sort.
Since you maintain elitist racism toward the conquered and dispossessed people, fuck you.
You'll get the same rap from me in Spanish or English, boy, and it sure ain't sexual. Of course you seem to jump at that possibility no matter what anyone says. Another hysterical closet-repressed-gayblade calling everyone gay. Boring. Go wank before coming on Topix; then you might make more sense with less tension driving you.
I've been hanging with Mexicans on both sides of the border for decades and your description of them doesn't seem to make any sense... perhaps I should conclude you are naught but a drooling racist halfwitted reprobate deserving only of many kicks and a dull machete.
I'm not Mexican, by the way... you're wasting your ethnic slurs, you hysterical hissy bitch racist.
Gay is quite a possiblity with YOU. I was just looking over some of your other posts and many seem to end with "Come see me, boy". I don't know of any other poster who is so keen to invite so many "boys" to his secluded place of residence in New Mexico or wherever. Lets face it, you're a real sicko and an obvious drooling messcan drunkard to boot. That's right, a Messcan. You can deny it and scream all you want but you ain't foolin nobody.

Now get out of here you dumb old beaner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All women prefer white men 6 min IamCuriousNow 76
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min woodtick57 1,174,882
Unemployment Still Twice as High for Black Men 10 min ASHLEIGH 2
Cars/Trucks made in Africa. 12 min Wadi X 1
Do Black men like Asian girls? (Jul '13) 13 min TheOriginalDoby 483
Guess who's engaged yall?? 13 min ASHLEIGH 11
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 13 min Ben YISRAEL 105,093
Who Has The BIGGEST Obsession With BM? 21 min TheOriginalDoby 24
Are black people natural savages? (Nov '11) 25 min Black Power 192
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 1 hr Gmoney 28,732