Africans Sold Blacks Into Slavery...

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

United States

#1320 Mar 16, 2013
True indeed, that's why the world doesn't like them or respect them. I cannot understand why AA who were the slaves to these people, now want to act just like them. I'll never understand my people, we have forgotten who we were, and are trying to adopt a culture which is poisoning us. We are sick and need to soul searchin, to find our true selves.

“It is, what it is ”

Level 3

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1321 Mar 16, 2013
dkanela wrote:
True indeed, that's why the world doesn't like them or respect them. I cannot understand why AA who were the slaves to these people, now want to act just like them. I'll never understand my people, we have forgotten who we were, and are trying to adopt a culture which is poisoning us. We are sick and need to soul searchin, to find our true selves.
You need to wake up, my brother!

You are an American first and foremost. Yes, we were slaves but it was the so-called white man who freed us and not only that...they made slavery a violation of human rights under INTERNATIONAL LAW! Which our brothers in Africa and the arabs in the middle-east didn't take to kindly lol but they dare not stand up to international law and the white man lol

Yet, brothers like you just want to sit here and insult the white man and blame him for your condition. Many of us are beyond ignorant.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1322 Mar 16, 2013
No I'm an African first, and the white man did free us in 1965!!! What are you white talking like that!! You're not black, and if you are, then you're an embarrassment to us!
I doubt your black just a troll stirring up trouble, get out of here you snake!

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

#1323 Mar 16, 2013
BS !

“It is, what it is ”

Level 3

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1324 Mar 16, 2013
dkanela wrote:
No I'm an African first, and the white man did free us in 1965!!! What are you white talking like that!! You're not black, and if you are, then you're an embarrassment to us!
I doubt your black just a troll stirring up trouble, get out of here you snake!
1965? You are the snake here! You are tring to influence gullible AAs with your false teachings and ignorance.

1965? GTFOH Negro! smh

Read a book, son.

If being called white is the furthest from being like you and your pathetic ilk...then call me that all day long, it's not an insult.

You just cannot handle the truth, negro. That is the core of our problems.

Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1325 Mar 16, 2013
Ilmu Batin wrote:
Few remarks :
- Africans did not sell africans to the Europeans, the Portuguese and Spanish prepared the conquest of Africa when they destroyed and enslaved the Guanches or natives of the Canary Islands
-
SMH!

The Kingdoms of Oyo, Dahomey and Asante

From the 1640s, four inland states near the Gulf of Guinea were growing in wealth and power from the slave trade. The kingdom of Oyo, around 300 kilometers (190 miles) inland, was the most successful of these kingdoms. It benefited from terrain sufficiently unforested and free of the tsetse fly and other disease carrying insects to allow for the breeding of horses. The Oyo kingdom used cavalry effectively in expanding southward where savanna split coastal forest. Oyo forced the coastal kingdom of Allada to pay it tribute, and it gained direct access to trade with Europeans. Oyo was a slave state, and its king used slave labor on his vast farmlands. In wars, Oyo took more slaves than it needed for the royal farms, and it traded them to the Europeans for guns, cloth, metal goods and cowry shells. It traded also with Africans to its north for horses and for more captives for the slave trade. And the kingdom acquired wealth by taxing trade that crossed its territory to and from Hausaland.

Another power in the region was the kingdom of Abomey, which was founded in the early 1600s by the brother of the king of Allada, a coastal kingdom that had grown wealthy from the slave trade. The brother, Do-Aklin, cut off village chiefs from having any say in selecting his successor. Rule in Abomey passed to his grandson, Wegbaja, who consolidated his power – while both Allada and Abomey were paying tribute to the more powerful kingdom of Oyo. In Abomey human sacrifices were used to honor the king's ancestors – the sacrifices usually captives from warfare.

Osei Tutu and Anokye extended their power across Ashanti chiefdoms, unifying the Ashanti. And with the power that accrued from this unity, the Ashanti defeated the Denkera and absorbed some of their subject states. These victories gave the Ashanti contact with the Europeans, to whom they sold slaves. And the Ashanti began an expansion inland for more slaves and for gold.

http://www.fsmitha.com/h3/h28af3-4.htm

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1326 Mar 16, 2013
Exactly my point, troll, every black person knows that until 1965the we were legally classified as second class citizens, they would also know that very little has changed since then. You calling me a negro further proves your "whiteness", we are so hip to your tricks, that you really should try a different approach. You saying were Americans first is a dead give away to your complexion. What genuine black person would have allegiance to a system determined to keep them as second class citizens? Get a life and while your at it get some new tricks!!

Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1327 Mar 16, 2013
dkanela wrote:
@Black deal
Question, why did Africans capture and sell other tribes? How did it benefit them?
You say the Arabs were worse, ok in what ways? Can you name a country in Asia that's majority black? What about in the Middle East? In my opinion, the transatlantic slave trade was by far the worse. Those slave descendant populate the entire Caribbean, Central and South America plus North America.
There are a number of communities in South Asia that are descended from African slaves, traders or soldiers.[69] These communities are the Siddi, Sheedi, Makrani and Sri Lanka Kaffirs. In some cases, they became very prominent, such as Jamal-ud-Din Yaqut, Hoshu Sheedi or the Murud-Janjira fort. The Mauritian creole people are the descendants of African slaves similar to those in the Americas.

http://exhibitions.nypl.org/africansindianoce...

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1328 Mar 16, 2013
Yes correct, they are descendants of the Arab slave trade.

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

#1329 Mar 17, 2013
www.anpe-mali.org/news/la-charte-du-kouroukan...

This Link shows you one of the first constitutions in Human History,READ IT Carefully ,It's been officially established at the rise of the Malian Empire in 1236 AD .

If you guys can grasp it ,you'd know right away that Africans (west) don't have the mentallity of snatching and selling slaves .

No African tribe as whole ever snatched and sold slaves ,Some Africans Thugs Did snatch and sold slaves ,but they were considered outlaws by the constitution some were captured some killed .

Just consider those africans as you'd consider a drug dealer in america .

LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD FOLKS !
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#1330 Mar 17, 2013
Brother Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to wake up, my brother!
You are an American first and foremost. Yes, we were slaves but it was the so-called white man who freed us and not only that...they made slavery a violation of human rights under INTERNATIONAL LAW! Which our brothers in Africa and the arabs in the middle-east didn't take to kindly lol but they dare not stand up to international law and the white man lol
Yet, brothers like you just want to sit here and insult the white man and blame him for your condition. Many of us are beyond ignorant.
Yes, we are American. The point is, we had no choice. We are American because of the slave trade and not by invitation. Marcus Garvey did every thing within his power to establish a nation abroad where Blacks could live in dignity. The enormous donations to his campaign tells you all you need to know about what Blacks, during that time period, actually wanted. Garvey was set-up by J.Edgar Hoover, thrown in prison then banished from the United States,--never to return. Blacks are American citizens because we were on the front lines of virtually every war this country has engaged in. They tell us that citizen should be earned, but look at the U.S. Constitution. We should be telling them
There is another misunderstanding. The civil war was not fought to free the slaves, per se. The Civil War was financed and fought for the same reason that other European countries were pursuing a policy of manumission. Wage slavery is cheaper than slavery--a lot cheaper. Thus, in America's south, you had an outmoded economic system being devoured by a far more powerful system and Black slaves just happened to benefit from the transition.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1331 Mar 17, 2013
I agree with everything except that we benefitted, we've been catching hell since we arrived and it continues to this day!!
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#1332 Mar 17, 2013
dkanela wrote:
I agree with everything except that we benefitted, we've been catching hell since we arrived and it continues to this day!!
Sir, why stay in the USA then?

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1333 Mar 17, 2013
Well I don't I'm usually in the US for about 7 months a year, the remainder of the time I'm in Africa, I'll be heading back in late June or early July. I like to encourage my AA brothers to come home to Africa.
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#1335 Mar 17, 2013
dkanela wrote:
Looking at the percentage of Blacks trapped in the Criminal Justice system, there is a lot to be said for your position. I think our biggest problem relates not so much to physical slavery as it does to mental slavery. Our bodies may be imprisoned by whites, but only we can free our minds.
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#1336 Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, why stay in the USA then?

Please read my post.(above) Blacks, in a mass movement, did attempt to leave the U.S. Whites stopped us.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1337 Mar 17, 2013
Let's try and leave again
Black helper

Whitwell, UK

#1338 Mar 17, 2013
dkanela wrote:
Let's try and leave again
No stay they wanted us here well now they got us lets just defeat them in there own home then leave

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1339 Mar 17, 2013
That's an un winnable situation, not even worth fighting

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1340 Mar 18, 2013
sunshine wrote:
<quoted text> I disagree with you. You say we sold our own but where is the proof? there is proof that the Romans (Italians) had white slaves but mainly used them as sex slaves. There is proof That the white man the Neanderthal has raped and tortured his own kind. There is proof you enslaved your own people and were homosexuals. You had no love or respect for your own kind. but you want to forget these facts of your people. I do not know of a history, Africans selling africans to white people to torture and slaughter. I don't know of a history of African ppl even holding African people in chains??????? was it the black Arabs your talking about that sold us to the whiteman??? I blame you for stealing our wealth, our heritage, our culture, our Connection with the planet, the earth, The sun, the stars. You burned, bombed, destroyed our rich history and you know it same as you did with our other ppl , the indigneous ppl of the Americas and all over the world. punishment is coming to you even if you didn't own a slave.
Stop your sniveling, you whiner. This is 2013, not the 1700's. It doesn't matter if slavery ended yesterday. It's over. Be a man, shake the dust off, and walk on.

Your sniveling, pitiful acting behavior makes you look like crybabies.

It's truly pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There is not a superior race 1 min Granny Smith 41
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Sweet Britches 1,619,662
Libtards like George W. Bush now 10 min Ugly nighurs 2
Can America Become 80% White Again? 11 min Granny Smith 129
Poll Why Do Outlaw Biker Gangs Allow Hispanics To Jo... (Feb '11) 13 min Granny Smith 261
IF There Were No Whites Posting On AAF, What Wo... 14 min Hmm the meanie 2
Italian women vs hispanic women (Aug '07) 15 min Rationality 126
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 17 min Trollslayer 35,282
King Harrisson is the most sexy dude on Topix 1 hr Jax 21
More from around the web