Shaheed

Upper Darby, PA

#1246 Mar 9, 2013
holycrap wrote:
<quoted text>Well clearly you aren't a Dr nor have you ever needed care through emergency to make this statement.

I’m sorry, can you translate that from babble to English for me.

<quoted text>Which part? Jews enduring the holocaust, Jews having their own state or Jews having wealth?
Ok, let me make it a little easier for you. Your conclusion and premise reflects your ignorance.
holycrap

Powell, OH

#1247 Mar 9, 2013
Shaheed wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let me make it a little easier for you. Your conclusion and premise reflects your ignorance.
Sounds like you are making it easier for you, not me.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

United States

#1248 Mar 9, 2013
Shaheed

Your post sounds a lot like a quote from Dr. Karenga in the documentary 500 years later, it's an excellent statement though.

Why do we pay attention to these trolls, they have NOTHING of value to add to this conversation. They have little to no self esteem in their lives, which is why they come here to try and project an attitude of superiority. They are absolute losers and should be ignored, they have no friends or a life, so they come to the internet and try to create one. So pathetic!
holycrap

Powell, OH

#1249 Mar 9, 2013
^^You talking to me?^^^ lol. I'm sorry I interrupted guys. You can all go back to licking each others azzes now. The truth is painful. I understand.

Howevver, you can't change what you won't first admit.

ta-tah!
holycrap

Powell, OH

#1250 Mar 9, 2013
dkanela wrote:
Most of these people have never stepped foot outside America, they have no serious opinions that matter
Do you have to go inside of a burning building to know fire is hot?
holycrap

Powell, OH

#1252 Mar 9, 2013
Africans sold other blacks because they were scary.

Africans allowed whites (muslims and Christians) to roam around the continent virtually unabated because they were scared.

There is no deep message. They were scared.

Until at least one other black person (besides myself) admit this, this whole topic is off centered and worthless.

Level 8

Paris France

#1254 Mar 9, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
Other countries that were resisting the slave trade throughout the continent of Africa were Senegal, Ghana, Benin, Ni geria, and Angola. In 1777, King Agadja, a Dahomean monarch, captured an Englishman and his slave raiding party who had entered his kingdom looking for more Africans. The Englishman and his crew were released after they promised to return all the Africans they had captured. King Agadja gave the Englishmen a warning to take to the rulers of England, that if any other slave traders were sent to his Kingdom, or other kingdoms, they would be killed. In 1787, the Senegal King of Almammy, passed a law that made it illegal to take enslaved Africans through his kingdom. To let (1470 – 1800) Europeans know how serious the law was, the king returned the presents French slave traders sent as bribes. Queen Nzingha of Angola fought a successful 30-year war against the slave traders of Portugal until the Portuguese negotiated a treaty with her in 1656. Their treaty remained in effect until she died in 1663.
Me Da Wase Sir for your informations which are very interesting.

i have studied a little bit of Asante empire history and read that a Modern Asantehene - was it noble Prempeh II ?- made an official statement of apology for his ancestors to have been involved at one point into the nefarious Transatlantic slave trade.

That being said, it is easy to explain by the economic and military pressure put by Obroni on the coast (Portuguese, Dutch then later British) threatening the independence of the empire until they conquered it in the end of the XIXth.
It is also true that traditional African slavery is different from the Arab slavery and the white slavers business.

fitaa beemah

“It is, what it is ”

Level 3

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1255 Mar 9, 2013
Honarable Henry Louis Gates, Jr explains the truth in this short video.

Do not subscribe to ignorance brothers and sisters.

Level 8

Paris France

#1256 Mar 9, 2013
Brother Realist wrote:
Honarable Henry Louis Gates, Jr explains the truth in this short video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IKjuu1ZOF-oXX
Do not subscribe to ignorance brothers and sisters.
what "truth" ?
every body with a minimum of education knows well that slavery was a part of African societies. That is not the point at stake.

white slave traders introduced a totally DIFFERENT type of slavery : more extermination through hard labour and first with the transportation.
Plus it's a type of slavery based on skin colour : African kingdoms were not into "racial" slavery and slaves were not constantly ill treated as it was for the white system.

So please mr Oh'really/"brother" irRealist do not burst with full force a door already open.

a whiteboi

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1257 Mar 9, 2013
There's nothing wrong with slavery itself but there were different kinds of slavery. The only thing that make Trans-Atlantic Slavery specially worse was the massive torture, genocide, cruelty, masochism, child abuse, physical exploitation to death and racism to avoid social rising of Africans[the last factor is still existing].

The Islamic slavery had nothing of it and I can mention several slaves who were happy and achieved social ascension[a impossible deed to a black slave in America].

Search for: Malik Ambar, Ikhlas Khan, Al Jahiz, Mansa Sakora, Antarah and so on.

“It is, what it is ”

Level 3

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1258 Mar 9, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
what "truth" ?
every body with a minimum of education knows well that slavery was a part of African societies. That is not the point at stake.
white slave traders introduced a totally DIFFERENT type of slavery : more extermination through hard labour and first with the transportation.
Plus it's a type of slavery based on skin colour : African kingdoms were not into "racial" slavery and slaves were not constantly ill treated as it was for the white system.
So please mr Oh'really/"brother" irRealist do not burst with full force a door already open.
a whiteboi
You know nothing. You are type of person who believes what you see on tv and in movies like roots lol

You are not very smart "Whiteboi" lol

Also my name is Brother Realist. I deal with real issues not fairy tales you and your ilk like to spout.

White people, Arabs are not the problem... The problem is us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

...Also you and others of your ilk need to face reality and deal with it.

I will be at the discussion table....I will be waiting....and waiting.....
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#1259 Mar 9, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
There's nothing wrong with slavery itself but there were different kinds of slavery. The only thing that make Trans-Atlantic Slavery specially worse was the massive torture, genocide, cruelty, masochism, child abuse, physical exploitation to death and racism to avoid social rising of Africans[the last factor is still existing].

The Islamic slavery had nothing of it and I can mention several slaves who were happy and achieved social ascension[a impossible deed to a black slave in America].

Search for: Malik Ambar, Ikhlas Khan, Al Jahiz, Mansa Sakora, Antarah and so on.
You're right it was very horrible. However, Islamic slave trade was very bad too.

Slaves were obtained through conquest, tribute from vassal states (in the first such treaty, Nubia was required to provide hundreds of male and female slaves), offspring (children of slaves were also slaves, but since many slaves were castrated this was not as common as it had been in the Roman empire), and purchase.

The latter method provided the majority of slaves, and at the borders of the Islamic Empire vast number of new slaves were castrated ready for sale (Islamic law did not allow mutilation of slaves, so it was done before they crossed the border). The majority of these slaves came from Europe and Africa -- there were always enterprising locals ready to kidnap or capture their fellow countrymen.

Black Africans were transported to the Islamic empire across the Sahara to Morocco and Tunisia from West Africa, from Chad to Libya, along the Nile from East Africa, and up the coast of East Africa to the Persian Gulf. This trade had been well entrenched for over 600 years before Europeans arrived, and had driven the rapid expansion of Islam across North Africa.

By the time of the Ottoman Empire, the majority of slaves were obtained by raiding in Africa. Russian expansion had put an end to the source of "exceptionally beautiful" female and "brave" male slaves from the Caucasians -- the women were highly prised in the harem, the men in the military.

The great trade networks across north Africa were as much to do with the safe transportation of slaves as other goods. An analysis of prices at various slave markets shows that eunuchs fetched higher prices than other males, encouraging the castration of slaves before export.

Documentation suggests that slaves throughout Islamic world were mainly used for menial domestic and commercial purposes. Eunuchs were especially prised for bodyguards and confidential servants; women as concubines and menials. A Muslim slave owner was entitled by law to use slaves for sexual pleasure.

As primary source material becomes available to Western scholars, the bias towards urban slaves is being questioned. Records also show that thousands of slaves were used in gangs for agriculture and mining. Large landowners and rulers used thousands of such slaves, usually in dire conditions: "of the Saharan salt mines it is said that no slave lived there for more than five years."

http://africanhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/...
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#1260 Mar 9, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:

http://www.salon.com/2001/04/06/segal/

Interesting article, sir
Black Deal

United States

#1261 Mar 9, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>You're right it was very horrible. However, Islamic slave trade was very bad too.

Slaves were obtained through conquest, tribute from vassal states (in the first such treaty, Nubia was required to provide hundreds of male and female slaves), offspring (children of slaves were also slaves, but since many slaves were castrated this was not as common as it had been in the Roman empire), and purchase.

The latter method provided the majority of slaves, and at the borders of the Islamic Empire vast number of new slaves were castrated ready for sale (Islamic law did not allow mutilation of slaves, so it was done before they crossed the border). The majority of these slaves came from Europe and Africa -- there were always enterprising locals ready to kidnap or capture their fellow countrymen.

Black Africans were transported to the Islamic empire across the Sahara to Morocco and Tunisia from West Africa, from Chad to Libya, along the Nile from East Africa, and up the coast of East Africa to the Persian Gulf. This trade had been well entrenched for over 600 years before Europeans arrived, and had driven the rapid expansion of Islam across North Africa.

By the time of the Ottoman Empire, the majority of slaves were obtained by raiding in Africa. Russian expansion had put an end to the source of "exceptionally beautiful" female and "brave" male slaves from the Caucasians -- the women were highly prised in the harem, the men in the military.

The great trade networks across north Africa were as much to do with the safe transportation of slaves as other goods. An analysis of prices at various slave markets shows that eunuchs fetched higher prices than other males, encouraging the castration of slaves before export.

Documentation suggests that slaves throughout Islamic world were mainly used for menial domestic and commercial purposes. Eunuchs were especially prised for bodyguards and confidential servants; women as concubines and menials. A Muslim slave owner was entitled by law to use slaves for sexual pleasure.

As primary source material becomes available to Western scholars, the bias towards urban slaves is being questioned. Records also show that thousands of slaves were used in gangs for agriculture and mining. Large landowners and rulers used thousands of such slaves, usually in dire conditions: "of the Saharan salt mines it is said that no slave lived there for more than five years."

http://africanhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/...
Them Islamic mfs still making black folks slaves

Shit out of control

Level 8

Paris France

#1262 Mar 9, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.salon.com/2001/04/06/segal/
Interesting article, sir
Indeed interesting, i quote :

"Why could Islamic slaves assimilate into the surrounding society so more easily than American blacks could?

Here we get to a further dimension of the difference between the two trades. Slavery in the West, because it was so cruel and had become so disreputable, required some kind of excuse or extenuation — the idea of biological discrimination. Essentially, the concept of race developed and was popularized. The sort of pseudo-scientific view, in distinction from the pseudo-religious view, came about during the Victorian age, the 19th century, when you had Darwin’s theory of evolution. You could irresponsibly and intellectually dishonestly subscribe to the idea that certain races were inferior.

But the Koran, on the other hand, prohibits racism?

The Koran very explicitly attacks it. According to the Prophet, Islam comes to do away with these distinctions of tribe and nation and color. "

It is supporting exactly what i posted.

There 2 different types of slavery in fact 3 different types - if you include traditional non islamic slavery in Africa. Suzy Hansen is stressing herself the worst was the white type inflicted on Black people.

a whiteboi

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1263 Mar 9, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
0.00001 percent of Islamic slaves were guided to salt mines albeit they were mostly war criminals.

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1266 Mar 9, 2013
Documentary "The Curse of the Israelites"

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#1267 Mar 9, 2013
Attai

Great post as usual

Level 1

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1268 Mar 9, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Here we get to a further dimension of the difference between the two trades. Slavery in the West, because it was so cruel and had become so disreputable, required some kind of excuse or extenuation — the idea of biological discrimination. Essentially, the concept of race developed and was popularized.
Their Christian conscience demanded that slavery be rationalized somehow. Not so with Islam. A human being isn't crap if he doesn't acknowledge Allah. And the Koran allows no guilt or misgiving about killing or torturing infidels. No rationalization needed.

Now, let us have a closer look at what the Koran says about the infidels:-

Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(2:191)
Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood (9:123)
When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5)
Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29)
Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30)
Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam.(5:33)
The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28)
Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies
(22:19)

Good stuff, huh?

Level 8

Paris France

#1269 Mar 9, 2013
freediss wrote:
<quoted text>
Their Christian conscience demanded that slavery be rationalized somehow. Not so with Islam. A human being isn't crap if he doesn't acknowledge Allah. And the Koran allows no guilt or misgiving about killing or torturing infidels. No rationalization needed.
Now, let us have a closer look at what the Koran says about the infidels:-
Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(2:191)
Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood (9:123)
When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5)
Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29)
Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30)
Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam.(5:33)
The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28)
Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies
(22:19)
Good stuff, huh?
No off topic as usual.

Justification for putting Africans in slavery was to have them baptized and they even sometimes did not do what they were engaged to do it.
We could have a list of people exterminated by white slavers like Amerindians etc.

Once again it was not what i was underlining : there are 3 types of slavery and this is historically proven that the racial type imposed by whites was (is) the worse.
i can understand that you don't like this truth just like me, i sure don't like it but it is the truth nevertheless.
And it's crying for justice up today and tomorrow.

a whiteboi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 min Ben YISRAEL 28,939
Why protest the recent shooting in St Louis 3 min Why why why 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Portlandia 1,155,639
American women vs Foreign women. The root of th... (Aug '11) 5 min honey 251
Levee Project Opposed by Many 6 min wow 15
New research says Negroes not human (May '10) 8 min Stage 4 STUPID 32
Most registered users... 15 min Stage 4 STUPID 2
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 18 min Insect Trust 98,686
Black Americans Are TRAPPED in Racist USA. (fro... 19 min Redefined 180
2 NYPD MURDERED on behalf of Eric GARNER 2 hr Sunshine 598