First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just the facts

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Apr 29, 2013
NBA veteran Jason Collins became the first active male player in the four major American professional sports to come out as gay.

Jason Collins ---COLLINS COMES OUT

The 34-year-old center, who has played for six teams in 12 seasons, wrote a first-person account that was posted on Sports Illustrated's website Monday. Collins finished the season with the Washington Wizards and is now a free agent. He says he wants to keep playing.

''If I had my way, someone else would have already done this,'' he writes.''Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand.''

Collins played in a Final Four for Stanford and reached two NBA Finals. His twin brother, Jarron, was also a longtime NBA center. Collins says he told his brother he was gay last summer.

''Jason has been a widely respected player and teammate throughout his career and we are proud he has assumed the leadership mantle on this very important issue,'' NBA Commissioner David Stern said in a statement
fnord

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Apr 29, 2013
Watch all the low class kneegrows jump in to trash him! They want the right to fk White women without being lynched, but are more than willing to work to keep others down! The kneegress sows will be pissed because they won't get to be his baby momma and have a free ride.
the boundaries of space

Atlanta, GA

#3 Apr 29, 2013
As this message is written, this case is airing on CBS national right now. The question is, did their orientation formulate before adolescence, or is this trend on the rise because they're beginning to realize their general desirability by women is lackluster? Perhaps a little of both.

“THE HIGH COUNTRY”

Level 5

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 Apr 29, 2013
He is NOT an "active" player. He is currently a free agent after playing the 12-13 season with the Washington Wizards. At his age , and rather dismal lifetime statistics.(3.6 career ppg as a 7-FOOT CENTER !!), his career may well be over.

I'll give him credit for what he did , but he's hardly the second coming of Jackie Robinson. Why didn't he announce this at the beginning of the season , when he actually would have to face teammates in the locker room? He senses his career might be over , so he waits until now to come "out" , knowing he can just fade away into post-NBA life.

Sorry , but that's just a little cowardly to me.

“just truce please!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 29, 2013
NEVER teach a young black male that THEIR choice of making it, is being a ball player or an entertainer. The problem with society is making it appear as if blacks(in general) still are not capable of the many thing everyone else is. Tell the children they can be an astronaut, firefighter, president,etc...Let the children dream BIGGER... change are sure to come.

“just truce please!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Apr 29, 2013
*changes* are sure to come.

“just truce please!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Apr 29, 2013
& *things*

Level 1

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Apr 29, 2013
somewhere this gay business has to stop
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#11 Apr 29, 2013
This Sweet Mofo is making all of us look bad. I love Trannies with pretty faces and big jiggly bouncy booties but I'm not gay. Big difference! This mofo is a disgrace to my race.
Phoenix

Humble, TX

#13 Apr 29, 2013
dab399 wrote:
Who cares if he's gay? I wish he would go back into the closet & stay there. Nobody wants to hear about his sex life. I damn sure dont.
Sir, we are living in the last days before His return. It will only get worse.

Level 3

Since: Feb 11

Love Land

#15 Apr 30, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>Sir, we are living in the last days before His return. It will only get worse.
you're absolutely right.

Level 3

Since: Feb 11

Love Land

#16 Apr 30, 2013
dab399 wrote:
Who cares if he's gay? I wish he would go back into the closet & stay there. Nobody wants to hear about his sex life. I damn sure dont.
same here. and the president had the nerve to call and congratulate this guy.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#17 Apr 30, 2013
We are in a day where everything wrong we want to say is right because we are human. Those who stand for the right are ridiculed because they understand what is wrong.
yea

Norwalk, CT

#19 Apr 30, 2013
fnord wrote:
Watch all the low class kneegrows jump in to trash him! They want the right to fk White women without being lynched, but are more than willing to work to keep others down! The kneegress sows will be pissed because they won't get to be his baby momma and have a free ride.
true about them kneegger sow's
Just the facts

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Apr 30, 2013
Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
same here. and the president had the nerve to call and congratulate this guy.
The President calls him but not the war hero's ! What is wrong with him.
Luca Brasi

Phenix City, AL

#22 Apr 30, 2013
Marcus Washington wrote:
This Sweet Mofo is making all of us look bad. I love Trannies with pretty faces and big jiggly bouncy booties but I'm not gay. Big difference! This mofo is a disgrace to my race.
Trannys can be men or women either way you are bi and bi for men means gay.

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#23 Apr 30, 2013
I think he's cute.
Citylimits

New York, NY

#24 Apr 30, 2013
no more slapping on the butt after a basket i guess

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#25 Apr 30, 2013
Guys, Guys gays are awesome they have just as much of a right to exist! In fact Homosexuals are superior you should bow down before Homosexual pride parades as the superiors!
tot

Morganton, NC

#26 Apr 30, 2013
Most N....serve jail time and go queer and think nothing of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Europe needs more ethnic male immigrants 5 min X-TREME BIAS 2
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 6 min Carly HI YAH 6,444
Even Rapper Drake, Called East African Women, "... 6 min ethiopiangirl1 220
man arrested for selling foodstamp card facebook 8 min iamcuriousnow 4
When Black Women Is Out In Public..... 8 min Be_Real_Fool 73
White men have 4.1 inches, Nigerian men have 7.... 9 min The truth 49
are white men attracted to white woman having i... 10 min X-TREME BIAS 3
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 20 min NotSoDivineMsM 121,078
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 38 min SAHU MALACHI 24,682
Somali Women: You Are Wrong About Bad Features ... 55 min Be_Real_Fool 277
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••