of 2
Next Last

“Helping you ”

Level 8

Since: Jul 11

achieve perfection

#1 Jul 21, 2013
January 1, 2014:

Discrimination due to pre-existing conditions or gender are prohibited.

Annual Limits (a cap on the benefits your insurance company will pay in a year) are prohibited for new health insurance plans.

Insurance companies will not be able to drop people that participate in clinical trials from coverage.

Tax credits and subsidies are available to help middle class people (between 100% and 400% of the poverty line) buy insurance coverage in new state Health Insurance Exchanges.

Affordable Health Insurance Exchanges (competitive, easy-to use insurance marketplaces) are established for individuals, small business and families to purchase coverage. Members of Congress will also purchase insurance through their state’s exchange.

The small business tax credit that went into effect in 2010 will increase to up to 50% of the employer’s contribution to an employee’s premium.

Medicaid will be available to Americans that earn less than 133% of the poverty level.

Most individuals who can afford it will be required to obtain basic health insurance coverage or pay a fee to help offset the costs of caring for uninsured Americans. If affordable coverage is not available to an individual, he or she will be eligible for an exemption.

Workers that meet certain requirements who cannot afford the coverage provided by their employer may take whatever funds their employer might have contributed to their insurance and use these resources to help purchase a more affordable plan in the new health insurance Exchanges.

- See more at: http://thanksobamacare.org/index.php...

This is just beautiful :) Makes me even more proud to be an American!

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#2 Jul 21, 2013
"Discrimination due to pre-existing conditions or gender are prohibited."

If I could cry (due to my extremely high testosterone levels due to being an alpha male I can't) I would cry tears of joy over this.

It's pretty sad when we as Americans sat back all these years and allowed our brothers and sisters to not receive any medical attention due to having conditions such as cancer, diabetes etc.

Now on January 1st 2014 any of my American brothers and sisters regardless of Age, Race, and gender can get a healthcare plan and receive the treatment needed.

What a beautiful thing.
hey

Penfield, NY

#4 Jul 21, 2013
Here is a pretty good website that shows the pros and cons from people's personal viewpoint. I admit that I have not completely read the entire health plan so I really do not have an opinion. I've never had complaints about my healthcare even though it has changed in the last few years. I went from 100% coverage at one price to picking what I want and paying more for only 90% coverage. But it really isn't that much more.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-the-passing...

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#5 Jul 21, 2013
"Insurance companies will not be able to drop people that participate in clinical trials from coverage."

It's people out there that are hurting that just want to feel better. People that are desperate and have tried everything under the sun..

also people with terminal illness's that just want to try and extend life a month or two to spend time with loved ones before making their journey.

I don't fault these people and I sympathize with them and since I haven't experienced what they are going through I will withhold my judgements.

May God Bless them and thanks for ObamaCare!

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#6 Jul 21, 2013
hey wrote:
Here is a pretty good website that shows the pros and cons from people's personal viewpoint. I admit that I have not completely read the entire health plan so I really do not have an opinion. I've never had complaints about my healthcare even though it has changed in the last few years. I went from 100% coverage at one price to picking what I want and paying more for only 90% coverage. But it really isn't that much more.
http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-the-passing...
Very interesting stuff, I'll have to definitely take a look at that. I'm willing to sacrifice a little to help our brothers and sisters in need. You never know when you may be the one in need.

Obama care is a great thing!

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#7 Jul 21, 2013
Don't rate.....

™

....Just Post.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#8 Jul 21, 2013
O! Ba! Ma!

O! Ba! Ma! O! Ba! Ma!

O! Ba! Ma!

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#9 Aug 3, 2013
Jan 2014 is coming : )

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#10 Aug 3, 2013
MrAnderson9 wrote:
"Discrimination due to pre-existing conditions or gender are prohibited."
If I could cry (due to my extremely high testosterone levels due to being an alpha male I can't) I would cry tears of joy over this.
It's pretty sad when we as Americans sat back all these years and allowed our brothers and sisters to not receive any medical attention due to having conditions such as cancer, diabetes etc.
Now on January 1st 2014 any of my American brothers and sisters regardless of Age, Race, and gender can get a healthcare plan and receive the treatment needed.
What a beautiful thing.
Are their payments going to be subsidized? And if so, who by? When you buy car insurance, some insurers refuse to insure under 25s or people who have had an accident in the previous 3 years, they do this to keep the payments DOWN for good drivers unlikely to have accidents.
I assume health insurance companies don't take on people with pre existing cancer, diabetes, heart disease etc, because they know these people will soon need expensive long term treatment. By excluding these already sick people, the companies are keeping the costs down for all the other people who are insured with them and who have to ultimately PAY for the costs of the company.
All insurance companies do is pass their costs onto their customers, if they have expensive costs by taking on Cancer and diabetes sufferers, all the other customers who are paying to be insured by the company will just see their payment GO UP!

Location hidden

#11 Aug 3, 2013
MrAnderson9 wrote:
Jan 2014 is coming :)
Why don't you sell your house and invest in creating an insurance company that insures people with Aids, HIV, Cancer etc... see how long you stay in business.

Private companies, started by entrepeneurs with their own money should not be told who to do business with by governments.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 3, 2013
My comments were made without reading anything about Obamacare, just by reading that insurance companies will be forced to accept people who have lung cancer from smoking all their lives and people who have diabetes from lack of exercise and a poor diet. There's no way you can have these people insured without someone having to pick up the tab or pay higher rates to subsidize these people.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#14 Aug 3, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Are their payments going to be subsidized? And if so, who by? When you buy car insurance, some insurers refuse to insure under 25s or people who have had an accident in the previous 3 years, they do this to keep the payments DOWN for good drivers unlikely to have accidents.
I assume health insurance companies don't take on people with pre existing cancer, diabetes, heart disease etc, because they know these people will soon need expensive long term treatment. By excluding these already sick people, the companies are keeping the costs down for all the other people who are insured with them and who have to ultimately PAY for the costs of the company.
All insurance companies do is pass their costs onto their customers, if they have expensive costs by taking on Cancer and diabetes sufferers, all the other customers who are paying to be insured by the company will just see their payment GO UP!
If you work your entire life, acquire a disease and lose your job due to your inability to perform ... you lose your insurance as well. and with the condition you acquired while you had insurance you paid into your entire life... you can't get insurance.

Many people suffer because of situations like this, and due to being in a productive "society" all members of the society realize that this could ultimately be their own fate... which is why we allow this.

Same with any other rule in society.. you can't murder because ... people realize that this could be their fate... you can't steal from someone ... because people realize that this could be their fate..

This is about not only protecting other members in your society, but about protecting yourself as well.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#15 Aug 3, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you sell your house and invest in creating an insurance company that insures people with Aids, HIV, Cancer etc... see how long you stay in business.
Private companies, started by entrepeneurs with their own money should not be told who to do business with by governments.
These companies don't refund any money to people who aren't spending it either, same with Auto. These companies are mega corporations with record breaking profits. If these companies wish for the men and women in society to fight and die in military wars etc to protect them... then they are going to have to play fair.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#16 Aug 3, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
My comments were made without reading anything about Obamacare, just by reading that insurance companies will be forced to accept people who have lung cancer from smoking all their lives and people who have diabetes from lack of exercise and a poor diet. There's no way you can have these people insured without someone having to pick up the tab or pay higher rates to subsidize these people.
Cancer and diabetes etc affect many people. Women dying of breast cancer never even touched a cigarette etc.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#17 Aug 3, 2013
No Limit Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
And when it does, you'll still be a lowly slave-descended nighur. No healthcare scheme will ever be ably to turn your ugly inbred black ass white, mah nighur.
Being white has done absolutely nothing for you. I don't think you'll argue with that fact.
Mighty Whitey

Secaucus, NJ

#18 Aug 3, 2013
MrFieldNegro9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being white has done absolutely nothing for you. I don't think you'll argue with that fact.
You couldn't afford my mailbox, Sambo. I live bigger and better on my worst day than a penniless uneducated slave-descended colored boy like you could possibly immagine.

Too bad your beloved (soon-to-be-defunded) Obammycare doesn't provide you coons with skin bleach and hair straightener, LMMFLWAO!

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#19 Aug 3, 2013
Mighty Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't afford my mailbox, Sambo. I live bigger and better on my worst day than a penniless uneducated slave-descended colored boy like you could possibly immagine.
Too bad your beloved (soon-to-be-defunded) Obammycare doesn't provide you coons with skin bleach and hair straightener, LMMFLWAO!
Like I said in the post above, you're poor, uneducated, incredibly insecure and you don't have a woman.

Being white has done nothing for you, you know it. You can't argue with these facts.
Mighty Whitey

Secaucus, NJ

#20 Aug 3, 2013
MrFieldSlave9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said in the post above, you're poor, uneducated, incredibly insecure and you don't have a woman.
Being white has done nothing for you, you know it. You can't argue with these facts.
You're only a Negro.

I win.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#21 Aug 3, 2013
Mighty Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
You're only a Negro.
I win.
Lol, You sound so hurt and unhappy.
Mighty Whitey

Secaucus, NJ

#23 Aug 3, 2013
A lowly slave-descended ghetto rat like you will never know the utter transcendent joy of being White, LMMFLWAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 4 min Trump is a joke 86
Racist White People on MLK Day. 5 min Savant 149
Elites: Believe in the black god or else... for... 7 min Spinning 360 waves 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min VetnorsGate 1,685,017
Negroes are still butt hurt over Trump's Africa... 9 min Yisraelite Suprem... 10
Welcome to the world little swirly baby Carson ... 10 min Denigrade 31
Why does nothing ever work for Negroes? 10 min IT IS I 57
Democrats decide that illegal immigrants are mo... 1 hr Harrisson 50
Bets on how long shutdown will last... 2 hr White 51
president donald trump dead at age 71 3 hr Fucisil 30
More from around the web