Is Kanye West a sell out?
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Blinding Light

United States

#1 May 31, 2013
For dating that weird light skinned bald headed chick and now Kim Kardashian? Plus he like to hang out sippin cognac and eating brie in Gai Paris, far away from the brothas in da hood!
stuffofstuff

Howell, MI

#2 May 31, 2013
he's dark as hell.. only mixed bothas would be a real sellout by dating white...
Amelia Sugar COCAINE

Castle Rock, CO

#3 May 31, 2013
No.
stuffofstuff

Howell, MI

#4 May 31, 2013
even jay z look like he have 50 percent whit ein em..
stuffofstuff

Howell, MI

#5 May 31, 2013
kanye is too dark to be a sellout he's the purest form of black..
Blinding Light

United States

#7 May 31, 2013
Amelia Sugar COCAINE wrote:
No.
What a strange sytem of reckoning you have then.
Amelia Sugar COCAINE

Castle Rock, CO

#8 May 31, 2013
Blinding Light wrote:
<quoted text>
What a strange sytem of reckoning you have then.
Not strange. I just don't find that any black person today post civil rights era have any audacity or right to call someone else a sellout being that like 90% of them are sellouts themselves. It's like the bad cop trying to arrest the criminal.
hiii power

Europe

#9 May 31, 2013
I just think he became a lost soul after his mom died. He suddenly got obsessed with darkness, and occult symbology...Some sinister stuff. Then to concur with you, he went and had serious relationships with insanely gorgeous women, that I know most black men would never be comfortable being in love with i.e. an ex stripper, and an ex sex tape star.. Going against traditional hip hop laws/beliefs. I don't know how this dude thinks, but at least he's a genius so he deserves a bit slack? Plus, he knows them better than we do...maybe they actually are mentally stimulating, and capable of loyalty and true love. Who knows?? But from what I've seen on TV, I'd definitely have to pick their brain, in person, to hopefully discover any hope in them lol

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#11 Jun 17, 2013
Yes, obviously taking the words of Dr. King and twisting them to say "free at last, thank God almighty they free at last" to add to his filthy lyrics about [email protected] is a form of selling out.

But after Lil Wayne and the Emmitt Till debacle, this is a continuation of the disrespect to the icons for commercial success.

I have come to the conclusion that these rappers are the true "sellouts", and do not speak for the community at all.

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#13 Jun 17, 2013
I want to see his daughter, I'm positive she is so adorable! With Kim as her mom... And of course beautiful coloring from Papa... I hope they do not give her some weird name like Apple, Blanket or Jowntasia
Rosier

New York, NY

#14 Jul 18, 2013
not a sellout for the way he dress or travelling or anything, or even who he chose to date... not at all , hes a sellout for all that bitching and moaning about racism and black people yet he goes mainstream dumps his girl and only dates white n bright now. but who k nows, kanye seems to have fallen apart after the death of his mother.
Marcus Washington

Laredo, TX

#15 Jul 18, 2013
stuffofstuff wrote:
even jay z look like he have 50 percent whit ein em..
What? I like Jigga but the only White in him is his eyeballs. Beyonce on the other hand is a totally different story. That Ho is beautiful and light skinned like myself.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#16 Jul 18, 2013
Silverness wrote:
I want to see his daughter, I'm positive she is so adorable! With Kim as her mom... And of course beautiful coloring from Papa... I hope they do not give her some weird name like Apple, Blanket or Jowntasia
"North" is an especially weird name in my view.

And will make her prone to silly direction jokes all the time.

North West, really Kanye?

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#17 Jul 18, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
Yes, obviously taking the words of Dr. King and twisting them to say "free at last, thank God almighty they free at last" to add to his filthy lyrics about [email protected] is a form of selling out.
But after Lil Wayne and the Emmitt Till debacle, this is a continuation of the disrespect to the icons for commercial success.
I have come to the conclusion that these rappers are the true "sellouts", and do not speak for the community at all.
Agree! Kanye is the same man who wrote 'Jesus Walk'. He has clearly gotten off the path he once walked & changed his messages completely since his early albums. From this we can conclude he's a sellout NOT so much too BP but himself. All we can do is pray for some of these celebrities & those who embody all their messages because they are doing an injustice too themselves. Our icons however will always be respected for their contributions.

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#18 Jul 19, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
"North" is an especially weird name in my view.
And will make her prone to silly direction jokes all the time.
North West, really Kanye?
I know right, Pretty dissapointed about that. It's like some weird competition amongst celebrities... But Nori sounds cute, they should have stopped there.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19 Jul 20, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! Kanye is the same man who wrote 'Jesus Walk'. He has clearly gotten off the path he once walked & changed his messages completely since his early albums. From this we can conclude he's a sellout NOT so much too BP but himself. All we can do is pray for some of these celebrities & those who embody all their messages because they are doing an injustice too themselves. Our icons however will always be respected for their contributions.
Kanye keeps his ignorance flowing, this time attacking a paparazzi for trying to take his picture.

Of course he would be upset if there was not a line of them trying to get his picture.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

#20 Jul 20, 2013
Silverness wrote:
<quoted text>
I know right, Pretty dissapointed about that. It's like some weird competition amongst celebrities... But Nori sounds cute, they should have stopped there.
"Nori" would be much better than "North".

Sounds like Hangover Part IV where you wake up after drinking yourself into a blackout, and realize you were so out of it, you named your child, North!
honesty

Hampton, VA

#21 Aug 30, 2013
stuffofstuff wrote:
he's dark as hell.. only mixed bothas would be a real sellout by dating white...
what? how do you reason that? anybody could be a sellout light or dark, sound ridiculous. who says a dark man can not be a sellout, those are the main and worse forms of a sellout!
TBMR

Toronto, Canada

#22 Aug 30, 2013
Yes he is a sellout in every sense of the word from his choice in women to his music etc

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24 Aug 30, 2013
Blinding Light wrote:
For dating that weird light skinned bald headed chick and now Kim Kardashian? Plus he like to hang out sippin cognac and eating brie in Gai Paris, far away from the brothas in da hood!
Is grass green????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RMG : What black actress do you find attractive? 2 min El Rey del Mundo 4
The amazing value of having pure nappy hair 11 min Rich stars of the... 23
why are white women obsessed with black men (Sep '07) 35 min Tulip 742
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 58 min VetnorsGate 1,548,884
Why do white girls give us the stink eye.... 1 hr Lil Missy 17
Does anyone else here feel bad for blacks whom ... 1 hr Majesty 39
Are liberals getting too unstable? 2 hr Savant 90
All b.s. aside, what poster is the funniest? 2 hr Shondalynn Davis 43
2019 will be 400 years of black male cuckolding. 5 hr CoonisMaceo 35
Racism in America 6 hr CoonisMaceo 649