What do black people think of Hispanics?

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of466
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
stop hating

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

do you like us?

Since: Nov 07

Sandusky, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

stop hating wrote:
do you like us?
Ya cooool w/ me.

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Since: Jul 07

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Judged:

stop hating wrote:
do you like us?
Most Black people ARE cool With Hispanics.....

BUT IM WARNING YOU...there are SOME on here that Dont KNOW SHIT about Latino Cultrue and use the Current Race wa between Blacks and Latinos..IN CALIFORNIA...to justify their Racism.

these people ARE STUPID and ARE dumb becuase the Belive ALL Latinos are killing Blacks...

So dont get the wrong idea OK....Trust Me MANY blacks have Good Relations with Latino people...This forum is a bad Place to Ask....

Im Warning YOu...
CETO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Hispanics are o.k.

But as their numbers and their power grow here in the U.S. blacks will face a major backlash.

I kind of think hispanics are RACISTS. But now they are too hated themselves to really hurt blacks. Hispanic gangs out in Cali are already trying to kill off blacks and make entire neighborhoods hispanic by driving out the blacks.
BUGATI

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Judged:

black and hispanic are like family. great people, they are the one of the best neighbor u can ever havethey watch yuor back

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Since: Jul 07

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

CETO wrote:
Hispanics are o.k.
But as their numbers and their power grow here in the U.S. blacks will face a major backlash.
I kind of think hispanics are RACISTS. But now they are too hated themselves to really hurt blacks. Hispanic gangs out in Cali are already trying to kill off blacks and make entire neighborhoods hispanic by driving out the blacks.
I agree with the first part becuase Hispanics are becomeing the biggest Minority group...so Blacks will not be the ones in the spot light..meaning we need to get our act together.
CUTTI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I think they are cool. i have lots of hispanic friends. I also dated 2spanish guys. and 3causin married to hispanic. So we cool with them.
stop hating

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Jari-ankamun wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with the first part becuase Hispanics are becomeing the biggest Minority group...so Blacks will not be the ones in the spot light..meaning we need to get our act together.
i never considered blacks minority. they are americans, they just have a different skin color and act different.
stop hating

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

SantanaBlack wrote:
<quoted text>Well I think latinas off the hook. I have a few puerto rican and mexican friends. I'm shocked you even posted this thread. You don't seem to like us very much.
sweetie its not that. if you would like to know, i have defended black people almost all the time to stupid white people who act like this is only their land. white people are racists, period. and black people just think everyone is hating on them but it all goes back to history. i dont hate any kind of race, i just dont like those who are racist and put my people down.
Troop

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

stop hating wrote:
<quoted text>
white people are racists, period. i dont hate any kind of race,
You contridict yourself.
Aztlan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

I think for the most part we get along. The problem is when talking of our relations in the negative, those who do always tend to point to "gang bangers" as if they alone are the representatives for an entire culture of people. I'm Mexican..Mexican American thugs do not represent my thoughts nor my actions.
People need to look outside that scope and quit lumping everyone in the same group.
Let this forum be an example: Out of all the negativity that comes your way, how many Hispanics have talked racist crap? How many Hispanics have demeaned you, put you down or talk negative of your culture? The short time I've been on here for the most part I (we) have tried to keep the peace.
ill make u miss it

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Judged:

Troop wrote:
<quoted text>
You contridict yourself.
im praying to God ur white, u better be white.
caramel lady

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

stop hating wrote:
<quoted text>
i never considered blacks minority. they are americans, they just have a different skin color and act different.
What excactly do you mean "just act different"??? How do "Americans" act? And how do black people act different and I am not talking about the thugs, I mean there are white thugs to...just look at the guy in Florida who just got caught after killing a police deputy and fleeing. How do we act "different"??
Brenda

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Judged:

I think its very stupid tyo ask that kinda question.I dont know about other blacks if I was not black I would have loved to be hispanic.2nd choice though.I love'em,all of em
beatrice

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

therbred wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya cooool w/ me.
can't prove it to me cause in my hood and work the black and mexicans are always at each others throat. it got so bad that they had to close the doors and send every body home after a screaming match between a black girl and mexican girl. every body thought there was gonna be a killing that day. its still tense and the company says if we cant leave our personal business at home then dont come back to work. its stupid i know but to sugar coat the problem is just as stupid.
Savant

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

stop hating wrote:
do you like us?
Well there are nearly forty million Black people in the USA. Are you asking what nearly forty million people think?
Some Black people are cool with Latinos, some don't like Latinos, and others are indifferent.
My ex was a lovely Dominican woman. My Black student assistant is married to a Latin guy.
And many of my students are half Black and half Latin--usually the children of a Black American father and a Latina mother.
At the same time, I also know of tensions between Blacks and Hispanics.
And some Hispanics do practice anti-Black racism.
Savant

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

stop hating wrote:
<quoted text>
sweetie its not that. if you would like to know, i have defended black people almost all the time to stupid white people who act like this is only their land. white people are racists, period. and black people just think everyone is hating on them but it all goes back to history. i dont hate any kind of race, i just dont like those who are racist and put my people down.
Then you ought to be cognizant of the way you have put Black people down--especially Black men--in another thread that you created.
AS in that previous thread, you're making generalizations to the effect that "black people just think everyone is hating on them."
As I told you in a the previous thread, I'm Black (and probably know more Black people than you), and I can count on one hand the number of Black people who think that EVERYBODY hates us.
We know that MANY people (especially among whites) hate us, but we're not so paranoid as you imagine.
Previously, I asked you to offer PROOF for the claims you make about Blacks generally, and Black men in particular.
No RATIONAL response was given, but you keep repeating the same old statements.
Savant

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

caramel lady wrote:
<quoted text>
What excactly do you mean "just act different"??? How do "Americans" act? And how do black people act different and I am not talking about the thugs, I mean there are white thugs to...just look at the guy in Florida who just got caught after killing a police deputy and fleeing. How do we act "different"??
By the way, a number of Dominicans are Black, including many of the relatives of my ex. There was slavery in the Dominican Republic, with the Spanish having to use Africans as cheap labor after having practically exterminated the Taino Indians.
And number of my Dominican friends inform me that there is a problem of racism in the Dominincan Republic (as in other Latin countries), though it doesn't take the same shape as in the USA.
Savant

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

beatrice wrote:
<quoted text>can't prove it to me cause in my hood and work the black and mexicans are always at each others throat. it got so bad that they had to close the doors and send every body home after a screaming match between a black girl and mexican girl. every body thought there was gonna be a killing that day. its still tense and the company says if we cant leave our personal business at home then dont come back to work. its stupid i know but to sugar coat the problem is just as stupid.
I don't think that NATIONALLY the tensions between Black and Brown people are as great as in the area you mention. But it's a lingering danger everywhere.
It would be a shame if the relations between two oppressed communities of color were to erupt into full scale conflict. Nothing would please the ruling class and white supremacists more.
Some progressive Black and Brown people are trying to forge bonds and alliances. I hope they succeed.
Savant

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Aztlan wrote:
I think for the most part we get along. The problem is when talking of our relations in the negative, those who do always tend to point to "gang bangers" as if they alone are the representatives for an entire culture of people. I'm Mexican..Mexican American thugs do not represent my thoughts nor my actions.
People need to look outside that scope and quit lumping everyone in the same group.
Let this forum be an example: Out of all the negativity that comes your way, how many Hispanics have talked racist crap? How many Hispanics have demeaned you, put you down or talk negative of your culture? The short time I've been on here for the most part I (we) have tried to keep the peace.
Interestingly enough, African-Americans are also depicted as gang bangers even the majority of us are not. The majority of us in the WORST ghettoes are not.
Racism naturally demeans people. It doesn't surprise me that Latin people are also demeaned.
Hopefully, the majority of Black and Brown people will not walk down that crooked path and begin demonizing each other.
That would be tragic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of466
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••