What would HAPPEN at a TOPIX Convention?
Truthism

United States

#651 May 3, 2013
Faustus wrote:
<quoted text>
You got the accent, honey.:) And a sexy voice.
We all have accents, depending on who raised us and where.

“Sexy emo chick :)”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#653 May 3, 2013
Faustus wrote:
<quoted text>
American accents are not sexy at all...
the boston ones are...

Level 3

Location hidden

#654 May 3, 2013
Take a wild guess how my voice sounds....

Level 3

Location hidden

#657 May 3, 2013
lol

Level 3

Location hidden

#658 May 3, 2013
Faustus wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you speak in Boston accent, please?:)
They speak like a blend of american and british sounding..idk i dnt come frm there

Level 3

Location hidden

#659 May 3, 2013
lol people will make fun of my normal voice..i kinda sound like a white girl
Truthism

United States

#661 May 3, 2013
Faustus wrote:
<quoted text>
American accents are not sexy at all...
Sexy? I think "sexy" is more in the attitude (and/or tone of their voice, which can change if they force it to) of the specific person, not so much the accent they have. Just my opinion though. Some find certain things "sexy" whereas others don't. I think it's an individual thing.:)

I've heard British women fall head over heels for American mens' accents. I've seen quite a few talk about it randomly over the years on YouTube comment areas and on some forums where there's an international gathering.

I think the ear (and mind) is attracted to different accents (obviously when they're coming from someone you find physically attractive) because they're fresh and different; like visiting a new culture in a foreign land. It's something new to your [hearing] sense; this makes you want to explore it even more and go in depth to find out what's inside. Same could pretty much be said about anything that is foreign and fresh to any of our five (or six?) senses.:)

I think it's the mind getting a 'work out,' which helps it expand quicker and raises the IQ over time?

The more we diversify our minds, the more intelligent we'll become, imo.

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#662 May 3, 2013
i_LuvelyGurl wrote:
Now wouldn't this be interesting! Lol if everybody wore those sticky name tags with their Topix username on it! Lol
Can you imagine the fights! Lol OMG this would be too hilarious! Especially when the trolls get their azzes kicked..and wait, the CAT FIGHTS! lol
Please comment! lol
That's a funny question, yeah lots of fights, although take away the ease of insulting someone behind a keyboard, and those with real guts would shine like diamonds.
Truthism

United States

#663 May 3, 2013
Mint cookies wrote:
Take a wild guess how my voice sounds....
Cool and refreshing?

Like... mint?

:-P

I eat fresh mint every day; I grow some other [100% organic] herbs as well; I love the smell of fresh Basil as well; it reminds me somewhat of an evergreen or pine type of scent, which then reminds me of my days as child, running around in the woods when I used to live in the mountains.:)

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#664 May 3, 2013
Selina...is...HILARIOUS!!!!

Y'all got this SLOPix convention already poppin' with this voice recording!!!

Level 8

Since: Jan 08

Wichita, KS

#665 May 3, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like someone from Georgia. I love southern accents.
I love southern accents too and your from texas so I'm sure you have a southern accent as well.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#666 May 3, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexy? I think "sexy" is more in the attitude (and/or tone of their voice, which can change if they force it to) of the specific person, not so much the accent they have. Just my opinion though. Some find certain things "sexy" whereas others don't. I think it's an individual thing.:)
I've heard British women fall head over heels for American mens' accents. I've seen quite a few talk about it randomly over the years on YouTube comment areas and on some forums where there's an international gathering.
I think the ear (and mind) is attracted to different accents (obviously when they're coming from someone you find physically attractive) because they're fresh and different; like visiting a new culture in a foreign land. It's something new to your [hearing] sense; this makes you want to explore it even more and go in depth to find out what's inside. Same could pretty much be said about anything that is foreign and fresh to any of our five (or six?) senses.:)
I think it's the mind getting a 'work out,' which helps it expand quicker and raises the IQ over time?
I've often heard that American like hearing the British accents... Supernanny and Nanny 911 etc.
But to me, all British accents just sound horrible compared to how people like Canday sound. I would have expected Americans, especially those from the South, to cover their ears with their hands whenever a British or Australian person speaks.

Listen to the British accents on this thread... ever sentence sounds like a question... even when a question is not being asked, because just like Australians, the tone of voice goes up (as if asking a question) at the end of every sentence.

Location hidden

#667 May 3, 2013
*ever = every

Location hidden

#669 May 3, 2013
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
I love southern accents too and your from texas so I'm sure you have a southern accent as well.
I want a man to speak to me in your accent, while tearing up my pussie.

*Blushes*
Truthism

United States

#671 May 3, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often heard that American like hearing the British accents... Supernanny and Nanny 911 etc.
But to me, all British accents just sound horrible compared to how people like Canday sound. I would have expected Americans, especially those from the South, to cover their ears with their hands whenever a British or Australian person speaks.
Listen to the British accents on this thread... ever sentence sounds like a question... even when a question is not being asked, because just like Australians, the tone of voice goes up (as if asking a question) at the end of every sentence.
I think the different foreign accents contrast from our own accent, so it's not hard on the ears as it probably would be to those who are sick of the repetition of such things they nitpick on... yet aren't so obvious to those who are not too familiar with that accent.

One persons' trash is another persons' treasure. ;)

Someone who grew up in a freezing, snowy environment might love going out to the beach and swimming in the ocean for hours because it's so different from what they're used to; and one who grew up in the constantly sweltering, tropical heat might enjoy the difference of environment when they visit a cold mountain range; a 'winter wonderland,' with fluffy snow to jump around in.

It depends on the individual, really. Some love their own accents, whereas others despise their own accent and are bored with it.

It all depends on the... individual.:)

Once people realize that there truly is beauty in all things like this, we can start to appreciate ourselves for who and what we are. This positivity will shine through to others you meet and they'll be that much more attracted to you for it.

As I say for physical aesthetic attraction, I will say for vocal accent attraction: No such thing as "ugly" only "different." :)

Location hidden

#674 May 3, 2013
Faustus wrote:
I hate southern USA accents! And I will beat up the jimidy billy bob whom dares to speak to me in those accents.
You're just being contrary.

Location hidden

#676 May 3, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the different foreign accents contrast from our own accent, so it's not hard on the ears as it probably would be to those who are sick of the repetition of such things they nitpick on... yet aren't so obvious to those who are not too familiar with that accent.
One persons' trash is another persons' treasure. ;)
Someone who grew up in a freezing, snowy environment might love going out to the beach and swimming in the ocean for hours because it's so different from what they're used to; and one who grew up in the constantly sweltering, tropical heat might enjoy the difference of environment when they visit a cold mountain range; a 'winter wonderland,' with fluffy snow to jump around in.
It depends on the individual, really. Some love their own accents, whereas others despise their own accent and are bored with it.
It all depends on the... individual.:)
Once people realize that there truly is beauty in all things like this, we can start to appreciate ourselves for who and what we are. This positivity will shine through to others you meet and they'll be that much more attracted to you for it.
As I say for physical aesthetic attraction, I will say for vocal accent attraction: No such thing as "ugly" only "different." :)
That sounds great... but in reality I have spent a great deal of time correcting my daughter's accent, so that she would not develop the annoying habit of ending each sentence as if she had asked a question.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_rising_term...

Location hidden

#677 May 3, 2013
Faustus wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
I think the French accent and the Southern US accent are probably the most admired in the world.

Location hidden

#678 May 3, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I think I'm a little racist when it comes to accents.
I'm not even slightly impressed by Sone's white girl Texas voice, even though it's Southern, I couldn't give a fck.
But any of the black girls speaking in a similar way, sound divine to me.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#681 May 3, 2013
_0h-Rea11y_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd just like to know how it is that it's OK for you hypocrite negroes to do EVERY single thing you claim makes whites who do them "evil"...
Reparations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Devil rapes and murders 6 month baby 9 min X-TREME BIAS 18
Poll What do you hate about blacks? 11 min hmm 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Incognito4Ever 1,252,765
White mom still breastfeeds her 3 year old. 12 min Courageous2000 34
Police: Boy dies after his mother’s boyfriend b... 13 min hmm 1
dirty Whites and food stamps. 14 min truth 5
White Crime: Few Comments (Sep '09) 20 min truth 2,447
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 39 min RINO traitor Cong... 2,460
Poll Do you report THX's posts? 1 hr inferiorwhiteman 34
Chicago convulsed by another violent weekend 1 hr Happy Black Woman 45